Chapter 19

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom sipped his wine as they sat at the couch together. they'd cuddled up together under a blanket, watching a movie.

'' It's getting late, '' He remarked '' Are you tired ? '' He asked gently. 

Suzy shook her head, leaning on his shoulder '' No, not really '' She answered '' Unless you're coming to bed with me ? '' She looked at him softly. She has been having nightmares everyday and feared to sleep at night unless Jaebeom was beside her.

Jaebeom pressed his lips to her hair '' Unfortunately ... i still have some work to do '' He sighed '' I promise I'll finish it quickly and join you.''

'' I'll wait for you then '' She replied softly.

'' Tomorrow you have a busy day. I don't want to see my wife sleepy face during the interview about her new book '' He smiled as he her hair gently.

Suzy picked up her glass of wine. The cherry wine tasted tart, sharp in the back of as she swallowed all of it. She shifted uncomfortably under the blanket, moving away from Jaebeom by inches. She hated the way she was feeling. Her husband was so considerate and patient, he didn't try to pressure her even when he knew she was hiding something from him. He was even ready to die for her. Did she really deserve him ?

Her head snapped when she heard Jaebeom calling her name. Had he been talking ? She could hardly hear anything over her loud, uneasy thoughts in her head.

He looked worried when she risked a glance at his face. She wanted to smooth out the lines on his face, soothe him of his anxieties. She wanted to open up to him, to tell him what's bothering her but she didn't want to make him more worried than he already was.

'' Are you getting tired ? '' He asked.

She tried to smile at him '' Yes, I'll be going to sleep.''

'' You're doing it again '' He said in a stiff voice '' You're refusing to speak.''

'' Goodnight Jaebeom '' She said to him, ignoring what he said, still not quite meeting him eye to eye.

'' Alright, '' He said. He looked like he wanted to say something more, but she was already up and walking to the bedroom, clutching the blanket to herself.

She could hear him following her shortly after, but she hoped it wasn't because he really did have something to say. She kept her pace brisk, unwilling to talk at this point, at least not until morning when head was clearer.

Then again, Jaebeom had always been a determined man, he caught up to her quickly before she could lock herself in the bathroom under the pretense of  getting ready for bed. He caught her arm to stop her before he released his grip.

Jaebeom whispered her name, the confusion in his voice pricking at her like a dozen needles '' Why are you being like this ? '' He asked softly '' Please, tell me what's wrong ''

'' I'm tired Jaebeom. You should finish up your work, it's getting late '' She said, her voice shaky.

'' Even if i finish all my work, i don't think i'd be able to sleep when i know you're like this '' He replied, taking a step closer. Suzy lowered her eyes to the floor, avoiding his gaze. Slowly, Jaebeom's hand came into view and he tipped her chin upwards.

'' Jaebeom '' She said, like it didn't take almost all her willpower to say his name.

'' Yes. '' He breathed.

'' I think Jinyoung is messing with us again ''

'' What ? '' He looked confused '' Suzy, Jinyoung is dead, remember ? He was fatally injured wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter