Chapter 10

Every memory reminds me of you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to comment 

There was a specific silence that was an indication of a conclusion. It was a silence that finalized conversations and, sometimes relationships; this was one of those times. Silence fit itself comfortably in Lim Jaebeom's penthouse. 

'' I think this is finally the end of the road for us '' He said '' I have always desired  to be with you forever - but forever is nothing but an illogical imagination of people who have been fools by love. '' He paused '' I only want for you to be happy ''.

The world shifted uncomfortably around the two. Jaebeom has possessed an inherent  intimidation to himself that often put Suzy at a disadvantage. This time, however, he seemed absolutely helpless from the look in his eyes.

'' Jaebeom, I --- ''.

'' I'll try to end our marriage as fast as possible, i know this is what you want. '' He looked away from her '' My company has been going through a difficult time lately and my father has been pressuring me  to have an arranged marriage to save it'' He paused '' That's the least i can do for him after being the cause of its downfall ''.

Suzy's heart ran wild again her chest when she heard what he said. Her ears started ringing as went agape, dry, like a fish out of the pond, hard to breathe - constricted to live.

'' W-Who are you going to marry ? '' She didn't know how she managed to ask him.

'' That woman ''

It was the same woman his father wanted him marry when they were together, the same woman who ruined everything and made her feel insecure and lonely.

Her eyes swelled up badly as she felt tears pooled its edges, threatening to flow and she knew when it does, it's never going to stop. Her world shattered before her. Her heart broke into million pieces. She was the one who ran away and was afraid about her identity being revealed.

'' I'm letting you go just like you wished '' His eyes looked lost in his own mess that was slowly drowning him alive.

His voice filled her ears and it sounded like poison to it. She didn't want to hear him. She wanted him to stop speaking.

'' Sadly .... your happiness is not with me ''.

Why did it hurt so much ? She looked at the divorce papers in front of her and signed it with a shaky hand.

Her body felt light, her head felt dizzy. She felt her back touch the cold, hard, marbled floor before someone grabbed her wrist to pull her up.

Everything went black.

'' She's awake ! ''.

Suzy heard faint sounds of a shuffling foot, then it was followed by the sound of an opening door and few people stepping in. She lifted her hand to try and cover her eyes from the blaring beam of fluorescent on the ceiling.

Her eyes slowly adjusted to the surrounding as she gently rubbed it, trying to take in and figure out where she is - white walls, white ceilings, white sheets.

A hospital ?

'' Suzy, you're awake ''Jinyoung whispered as he planted a kiss of her forehead '' I'm glad you're fine  ! ''.

'' Jinyoung ? '' Her tiny voice questioned, slightly pulling away from him '' Why are you here ? ''.

Her eyes roamed the room and she saw Mark and her best friend Ji Eun.  Suzy's free hand traveled to her forehead just above her left eyebrow and felt the presence of a soft fabric on that area. A Band-Aid ? 

A knock on the door gathered everyone's attention before it was opened. She watched as the doctor came in together with Jaebeom. She noticed how Jinyoung stiffened by her side, his facial expression turning from annoyed to completely mad.

'' Miss. Bae, i'm glad to see you awake. You have injured your forehead when you fainted but there's nothing to worry about. You're going to have to stay for the night just to keep an eye out for any symptoms that might develop.'' The doctor said '' Your fainting was due to stress, therefore i advice you to take a few days off to relax. Get well soon Miss. Bae, the nurse will be taking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter