Chap 27

Spider Crack

Mir knocked on the wooden door, only stepping in when the voice from the other side gave him permission to.

          "Hi, hyung."

          "Cheolyong." Dongwoon, Mir's brother-in-law gave him a look Mir knew well.

          So the younger did the thing he thought he should do once he closed the door behind him. Kneeling on the floor and raising his arms up in the air like a school student who is being punished.

          "Care to explain?"

          "Well I'm sorry the group is in mess and it is all- Well not all but mostly because of me."

          Dongwoon sighed, a bit too loudly that Mir flinched. "I have to run all over the place to make sure things didn't go out of hand yesterday. You can't just ditch a show without telling me anything at all. And stand up already. I'm not angry. Just worried."

          Mir stood up, fidgeting with his fingers. "The thing is. It was kind of messy yesterday. Both Changsun hyung and I got sick."

          "I know that. Seungho told me. The only reason why I didn't bite all five of your heads off yet." Dongwoon sighed again, pinching the bridge of his nose. "And believe me when I said, I have done a lot to stop the other representative from getting you guys into trouble."

          "Sorry, hyung."

          "Is this going to happen again?" Dongwoon asked. "I need a word from you so I can trust you again."

          "I hope not." Mir mumbled. "But I promise you I'm trying to solve the issue and maybe, maybe if I didn't mess up again, then, things will be better?"

          "You're not convincing."

          Mir smiled sheepishly.

          Dongwoon shook his head. "What do I do with you boys... Aigoo..." He breathed out, staring at Mir who was fudgetting under his gaze for a long time before he spoke again. "Go. They are probably still at dorm. I cancelled all the schedule for today. You guys need a real rest for once."

          "Okay hyung. Thank you for giving me this chance."

          "Don't thank me. Those four kept on defending you saying it's their fault instead."

          "Eh?"

          "They came to meet me this morning. Separately. They said abandoning the show was their fault. They were too distracted that they completely forgot."

          "They lied. You... know that, right?"

          Dongwoon chuckled, leaning back on his seat. "I know. But it's sweet seeing them protecting you that way. It made me believe this will work out."

          "You believe so?"

          Dongwoon nodded firmly. "So, what are you waiting for? Go fix this up." He barked.

          Mir jumped out of surprised and threw himself out of the room and out of the building. Once he was out, letting the breeze cool his nerve down, he smiled to himself.

          He walked down the lane, taking a bus to the dorm. He sort out his thought, trying to get the line of words to be meaningful and well, at least sounded coherent, he could feel his heart beating erratically.

          But... What if they wouldn't forgive him?

          He wouldn't forgive himself...

          Mir shook his head. He really need to stop with this negativity. It won't let him see the world in the beauty it is.

          Mir arrived in front of the door. He punched in the passcode to the dorm slowly, finger hovering over the last number before he finally pressed it. The door slowly opened yet Mir's heart just kept beating faster and faster he almost hyperventilate.

          Once inside, the dorm was damn quiet and almost... Gloomy.

          Mir walked to the kitchen. It was empty. He heard the sound of shower running and bet one of the hyung is in the shower. He went to his own room, also empty. So he headed to the other room shared between GO and Cheondoong. Someone was on the bed, sleeping.

          It was Joon.

          Mir was about to close back the door, not wanting to disturb the sleeping male but a groan stop him and he squinted his eyes, noticing the frown on Joon's face. It made him stepped further into the room and closer to the bed.

          "Hyung." Mir whispered but Joon didn't look like he was going to wake up any soon but his face scrunched up in pain and it even looked like the older was going to cry. "Hyung." Mir called again, louder, and he kneeled beside the bed, one hand hesitantly reaching out to touch Joon's shoulder but he retreated back. "Hyung. Wake up." Mir called out but Joon started to cry in his sleep and that threw Mir into panic.

          He didn't know what to do.

          Then he remembered one of the hyungs in the shower but just as he was about to stand and left the room for some help, Joon's hand shot out, grabbing the hem of his shirt. "Hyung? Are you awake?"

          Joon make several incoherent noise. He had stopped crying in his sleep but he still looked pretty much uncomfortable. It kind of reminded Mir of Hajin when the baby had a nightmare.

          So Mir did what he would do to Hajin. He gently patted on Joon's abdomen, humming the lullaby that ran down in his family. It seemed to help when the frown on Joon's face smoothen up. It kind of intriguing to Mir and Mir moved to sit on the small space on the bed by Joon's waist, keeping his hand on Joon's abdomen and kept on petting the older male.

          "You're just like Hajin." Mir whispered with a soft smile. Once he was sure Joon was back in a deep sleep, he carefully stood up, turning only to see Cheondoong by the door, looking at him with a meaningful look.

          Mir felt heat crept up his cheeks. "This is awkward." Mir whispered to himself.

          "We need to talk." Cheongdoong said, sternly, despite the gentle eyes.

          "Of course." Mir glanced as Cheondoong who walked past him to the wardrobe to changed into comfortable clothes. "I'll wait in the living room."

          Mir fall heavily on the couch. Maybe this would be a better start. Although his relationship with Cheondoong are just as bad, he would like to think it was not as bad as with the other older guys. Plus, Cheondoong was way gentler and calm in any situation.

          Well, GO was calm too but that hyung can be scary as well. He was like half Seungho and half Cheondoong.

          "So."

          "Omma!" Mir jumped, earning him a weird look from Cheondoong who froze midway of sitting down on the couch.

          He sat down the rest of the distance slowly, "You miss your mom or something?"

          "Uh... It just slipped."

          Cheondoong smiled kindly, petting Mir's head. Mir didn't flinch the way he did when Seungho or GO tried to do the same before. Instead, he smiled at that gesture. "So..." Cheondoong trailed off. To be honest, he didn't have any idea how to start this in a nice slow way. Things had been tangled mess. Someone bound to get hurt. Well, although all of them already were.

          "Hyung. Let me talk?" Mir asked slowly, peering from under his bangs cutely. Cheondoong nodded, stopping himself from pinching the maknae's cheeks despite the seriousness of the situation. "I am.. Ugh. I know this is not going to be easy. I mean, yea, I ed up."

          "Language."

          "Just listen, hyung. I messed up okay. I know I'm selfish and I let my pain blind me from other people's pain. I mean, pfft, I know you guys suffered just as much. Well, I should have. Jinwoon told me. Even IU-shi told me- Don't interrupt hyung. Yes, I did meet IU-shi, that's not what is important now. Anyway, I mean, like everyone tell me the same thing. I know. I know I ignored them because I was in pain. I just. Ugh. I screwed up okay. And I kept doing that. My mind told me you guys hated me just because I let others' hatred get to me and I ended up thinking you guys are the same and- And- It's just not. You guys are different. I- Argh! If anyone deserved hatred now it was me-"

          "Cheolyong-"

          "I should have listen to Jinwoon. It should have been stopped before it get this far-"

          "Cheolyong!"

          "I can't even asked you guys to not hate me because seriously I think I hate myself even more-"

          "Cheolyong, just-"

          "I mean, yea, you guys did something wrong too but I was even more-"

          "BANG CHEOLYONG!" Mir clamped his mouth shut at Cheondoong's raised voice. He looked up at the taller male and saw Cheondoong was glancing past him and he looked behind him seeing Seungho and GO were standing there with hands filled with bag of groceries. Both of them looked like they were holding themselves back from laughing.

          "Just say the words, Cheolyong." Came Joon's voice and Mir turned to the door leading to the bedroom, and Joon was also there, and this one didn't bother holding himself from chuckling softly at Mir's frantic rambling. "Just the two words."

          Mir let out a breath, standing up and bowing 90 degrees. "I'm sorry."

          It felt like a long damn minutes until a gentle hand patted his back and he stood straight only to get pulled into a tight embrace knocking air out of  his lungs. "We're sorry too." GO whispered close to Mir's ears.

          Mir wrapped his arms around GO back, resting his cheek against GO's shoulder. Glad that they said the words too.

          "Should we celebrate?" Seungho asked, laughing adoringly.

          "We should." Cheondoong piped up.

          "I have your favorite cookies here." Seungho held up the groceries in his left hand.

          Mir jumped away from GO's embrace. "Really?" He went running to Seungho's side, taking the plastic bags from Seungho.

          "Huh? How did you know his favorite cookies?" GO asked incredulously.

          "Power of google." Seungho grinned.

          "Yeah, about that." Mir chimed in. "This..." He took out his phone. "I felt like I should break this."

          "No! Do you know how much it cost to repair this? Just, block the site." GO rolled his eyes.

          Mir sighed. "I don't think it would work. I just had that impulse to search for the negative comment."

          "Whoop. We got a masochist maknae in our hand." Joon playfully spoke up.

          "Then.." Cheondoong looked down thoughtfully, before his eyes lit up and took the phone from Mir. "Let's take selfies."

          The other four shot him what-the-hell look but Cheondoong was too busy pulling Joon and GO to gather close to Mir and Seungho to even notice that.

          "Say cheese." Cheondoong smiled to  the camera, taking a few shots and looking through them until he found one he like most and set it as the phone wallpaper before returning the mobile phone back to Mir. He watched as Mir looked at the homescreen of the phone. "Everytime you flip open this phone, you will see this first and remember that all of us love each other."

          "That is so childish." Mir snorted. "But sweet."

          The others started making noise teasing the second youngest and although they were not going to became close like blood brother over one night, it was a first step.

          "Just don't delete it even if we fight again." Joon smacked Mir's shoulder.

          "Are you suggesting us to fight again?" GO mumbled disapprovingly.

          "Friends sometimes fight." Joon stated as matter of fact. "Family fights all the time."

          Mir chuckled. "I have to agree."

          "Well, at least not with too much drama, please, then I don't mind. All these soap drama just make me think we're worse than girl group." Seungho laughed. "Now that is done, let's start making the dinner. I'm starving."