Chap 18

Spider Crack

I left for around 3 weeks already? Here is an update. Being distracted for a while since I fell ill. I hope I can complete updating this fic and not abandoned like a couple of my stories here T^T

 

"You just left him there?"

          Jinwoon had came to visit MBLAQ dorm when he got a call from Seungho whom apparently had heard his name from the nurse in charge of Mir when they went to visit the maknae only to find the room where the maknae was supposed to be in was empty.

          Jinwoon shrugged, trying to make it looked like not a big issue. "He is the one who want to be left."

          "But he is not well." Cheondoong added, rubbing his face in frustration.

          "Mentally, he really is not."

          "What?"

          "He's sick in his head." Jinwoon muttered, feeling bitter on the tip of his tongue. "I agree he was hurt because of you guys but that didn't justify what he is doing to you guys now."

          "What did you know?" GO asked from the couch.

          "Everything I guess." Jinwoon sighed, standing up from the chair. "I called his father before I left. He is probably resting well at Jangsung right about now." Jinwoon walked towards the front door, followed by Cheondoong whom tried to stop him. "I should go." He said with a smile. "Don't worry about Cheolyong. He needed to learn to stand on his own feet. He need to know by himself that not everyone is out to get him."

          "But he-"

          "Leave him be, hyungs. Otherwise, you will get hurt."

          "We already are." GO whispered, eyes drifting to the floor.

          "No, hyung. You don't understand. The Cheolyong right now, would hurt everyone around him. I'm not saying this for your sake. I'm saying this for Cheolyong's sake. If you bother him, he will end up hating you and sooner or later, all of you will hate him too and hurt him even more. It is a good time for a break between you guys."

          GO stood up from the couch, walking towards Jinwoon. "It's too late. He hate us already."

          "Did he say that?" Jinwoon asked, looking straight at GO. Apparently, the others were surprised at GO nodding to that question. "And you believe him?" Jinwoon watched as GO looked down in hesitance. "If you do then maybe there is really no hope with you guys." And Jinwoon left with disappointed gaze towards the MBLAQ members.

          GO stumbled back, almost falling on his wobbly legs but fortunately Cheondoong was there to catch him in his arms. "Hyung!"

          "Byunghee." Seungho stood up, knocking his chair down in his hasty movement and that loud noise awake Joon who was sleeping in the room.

          "I'm okay." GO assured, holding his pounding head.

          Cheondoong guided GO back to the couch, letting the paling GO to sit and Seungho came by with a glass of water for the main vocalist.

          "Hyung. What do you mean when you said Cheol-" Seungho's hand on Cheondoong's shoulder stopped the younger midway.

          Seungho shook his head slightly.

          GO drink up half of the glass, setting it aside as he looked down on the floor. "It's okay, Seungho. You want to know too, right?"

          Seungho sighed, sitting on GO's other side on the couch. GO was right. He wanted to know but he didn't want GO's condition to be worsened.

          "I went to meet him that night. After his surgery." GO started, leaning back into the couch and let his head fall back with a soft thump and closed his eyes as that moment replayed behind his close lids. "He said he hate us. He meant it. I can see it in his eyes."

          "He couldn't." Cheondoong breathe out.

          "But he did." GO replied weakly. "He already hate us."

          Joon who was listening in at the door to the bedroom quietly retreated back into the room and closed the door. He had feeling a little bit better today thanks to Seungho, GO and Cheondoong but listening to GO's sad voice left a constricting sense on his chest.

          "I'm going to meet him." Joon heard Seungho's muffled voice from behind the door. "Look after Changsun." There was sound of shuffling getting closer and Joon jumped back into the bed, pulling the blanket over his head. "You guys too, rest while we have time. I won't be going for long." Seungho said again and Joon felt a gentle pat over his blanket covered head and the room was quiet again.

         

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

The journey back home to Jangsung was quiet. Mir had no courage to even steal a glance at his father. He didn't even know how such coincidence happen with his father finding him when the father was on the way of sending the supply of fresh apple to a fruit shop at the nearest city.

          Mir was nervous all alone, feeling his heart beating loudly in the confine of his chest. Mir chewed on his bottom lips, watching as the shadow of trees passed by.

          The colors of nature seemed different now they were in the countryside. The air felt fresher. The wind felt cooler. The sun was warmer but not burning. Mir suddenly felt his throat swell up. His tears gathering in his eyes.

          Maybe...

          Maybe he didn't even realized he had missed this place so much.

          Mr. Bang looked at his one and only son. Mir had his chin resting by the opened window, letting his soft silky hair waving in the air, lost in his own thought.

          Mr. Bang didn't want to bother the maknae who seemed to find peace in the surrounding nature but he couldn't help the smile on his lips. It had been so long since he met his son. He missed his son despite not showing it.

          He even went as far as to Seoul with excuse of sending Hajin back although Hyosun told him she would go down to Jangsung to pick up Hajin herself. It was with a little hope to meet Mir.

          They expected Hyojin to come back to the family apartment in Seoul with Mir that night when he was in Seoul but her second daughter showing up alone somehow disappoint him but he knew.

          He knew Mir was struggling.

          And this little child of him do not want to show the struggles to him. So he quietly went back home in Jangsung. And now, here they were.

          He parked the jip in front of a large local fruit shop, watching as Mir got down from the car and without words, going to the back of the jip, bowing to the owner of the shop whom walked out to greet them. He quickly take the box from Mir when he saw Mir taking the heavy box into his arms.

          "You are still healing."

          Mir gasped. "H-How did you know?"

          "We'll talk about that later." Mr. Bang offered a small smile and continued with his work, noticing Mir who was staring from the side nervously. He almost could read what was in his son's mind.

          It didn't take long. He finished sending all the supply to two shops before they were on the way back to Jansung.

          Mir fiddled with his fingers, unable to bear the silence. He would want to break it but he didn't know how to start so he ended up wearing himself up by endless worrying.

          "It was a shock at first." His father suddenly started. "When Jinwoon told me about your surgery." His father glanced at Mir and in that short moments their eyes met and Mir stop worrying.

          His father's eyes soft with understanding.

          "I can't stop thinking about how is a child who is scared of even a single injection going to face the surgery alone. Just like that time when you suddenly told us you want to be a singer. I used to worry a lot on what should I do about you. Should I send you to study overseas? Should I send you to the army? Should I just let you enroll in police academy? Should I let you start an internship? I was so worried. And even more worried when you said you want to be a singer. I don't know how would you do it when you never learn music or dancing. But when I saw your debut stage, I hardly recognized you. Even me not able to send you to art school, you did so well."

          Another glance and their eyes met again. This time, Mr. Bang held the gaze as he said,

          "I wish I had done something to make it easy for you. If I know you want to be a singer, I would have sent you to an art school. Even so, after everything, I'm proud of you, my son."

          Mir gasped. He was not near ready when he heard the last sentence. A fat tear rolled down his cheek without him able to stop. Sobs escaped his quivering lips and he felt so overwhelmed and hardly able to hold his cries in.

          Mr. Bang stopped the jip by the roadside. He pulled Mir into an awkward hug. Affection between them were hardly shown but despite the awkward position of such a rare show of affection, he felt comforted and he knew Mir was the same when he felt his son relaxing in his arms.

          "I was always sorry, dad. Always am. I thought- I thought I disappointed you. I thought I-"

          "Shh. I'm always proud of you and will always be. It's me who should be sorry for not be able to do much for you."

          "Call me that again, dad. Please."

          Mr. Bang paused, tightening his arms around Mir and smiled. "I'm proud of you my son. I am so proud of you. No matter what. You are my son and I am truly proud of you, my son." He kept on whispering.

          Mir gripped on his father's shirt. Those words were like medication for his pain, air for his lungs and pulled him away from the sea of pain.

          He was being recognized by his father.