Chap 16

Spider Crack

GO walked into the dorm, dragging his heavy feet that became heavier. He walked with his head hung low he didn't notice the person standing in his way, only when he bumped into him that he looked up.

          "Byunghee."

          Why did Seungho looked so worried, GO wondered but before he had the answer when he felt darkness enveloped him as whole.

          "! I told you not push yourself!" Seungho cursed when GO collapsed in front of him, barely catching the crumbling figure into his arms. "Sanghyun-ah!" Seungho called out, feeling GO slipping from his hold, trying to secure his friend, Seungho ended up kneeling on the floor, GO half lying on his laps.

          Hearing sound of Seungho's voice calling for him, Cheondoong stumbled out of the room Joon was sleeping in and rushed to the leader's side when he saw unconscious GO there.

          "What's wrong with Byunghee hyung?" Kneeling next to Seungho, Cheondoong tried to shake GO awake but to no avail.

          "He's sleeping." Seungho said. "Help me move him to the bed."

          "Sleeping?" Cheondoong looked at Seungho confusedly. Whoever saw this definitely would say GO fainted or something.

          "It just something he had." Seungho chewed on his bottom lips. Now was not really the time to talk about it but Cheondoong probably won't let it slide so easy. Their second maknae could be really stubborn in certain situation. "It's narcolepsy. Just help me move him to bed. Okay?"

          Cheondoong mumbled the word without a sound, a look of confusion still with him but he nodded all the same, helping Seungho to bring GO into the room Joon was sleeping at, letting GO rest on Seungho's bed.

          At the small noise they made as they tucked GO into the bed, Joon jumped awake, looking around in confusion. "Wha- What?" He stuttered out, almost tumbling back into the bed when his vision darkened for a short minute at his sudden movement.

          "It's nothing, Changsun. Go back to sleep." Seungho assured, while sitting by the bed, watching GO with a deep sigh.

          "Hyung. You need to rest. You're still pale." Cheondoong walked towards Joon and pushed the older by shoulders to lay back in the bed. "Sleep, hyung." He ordered although there was no need for it since Joon immediately slipped back into his dreamland once his head hit the soft pillow.

          Cheondoong sighed as well, watching Seungho whom gaze was transfixed on GO.

          "He went to him, didn't he?" Seungho suddenly spoke up.

          "Huh?"

          "Byunghee went to meet Cheolyong."

          Cheondoong tilted his head slightly. "How did you know?"

          "Just had a hunch." Seungho whispered and turned his gaze to Cheondoong. "Do you know what it meant?"

          None of them answer the lingering question but those words weighing over their shoulder, feeling rejected, feeling abandoned. But did they deserved that?

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Joon woke up startled. It was just a soft caring touch over his shoulder yet it shocked him awake just the same. His blurry vision took a few seconds to finally focused over Cheondoong hovering over him with a worried look on his face.

          "It's morning, hyung." Cheondoong spoke softly, not to startle the jumpy  lad even more.

          "Oh. Humm? Hah? Oh. Okay." Joon let out some gibberish, looking around in half asleep state as Cheondoong waited patiently, thumb over the strong shoulder that felt so weak under his touch. Joon stared at Cheondoong and let out a small laugh. "I'm not dying, Doongie. Don't look so sad." He threw the blanket away and stood up, swaying on his feet slightly but didn't lose his balance.

          "Hyung. That is not funny." Cheondoong said, unpleasant as he stepped aside to let Joon walked out of the room first and he followed after.

          "Okay. Sorry." Joon laughed, going straight to the kitchen where Seungho and GO was sitting, sipping on their warm coffee silently. Joon threw them a short glance before opening the fridge, fetching a bottle of mineral water. But the water felt like sand through his throat and then he realized, something was wrong.

          But he didn't know what.

          "Are we going to practice today?" Cheondoong asked, sitting next to GO.

          "I have called Kyungho hyung. He said we're free the whole day but we have radio broadcast at 9pm." Seungho explained.

          "That's rare." Joon chipped in.

          "I asked his favor so we can visit Cheolyong." Seungho added. His facial expression changed the slightest when that name past his lips.

          Joon blinked. Oh. Mir. That was what was wrong. That was what had been missing this morning. Usually, it was quite noisy with one of them trying to wake Mir up every morning, no wonder it was so quiet this morning. Too quiet it make Joon felt uneasy.

          "I'll go take a shower first." Joon announced, walking slowly out of the kitchen towards the bathroom, feeling three pairs of eyes following his every steps.

          Joon entered the bathroom, almost fainted at his own image reflected in the mirror. His dark circles, his sunken cheeks, his tired eyes, his pale chapped lips. He looked dead. And that made him want to throw up but he quickly turned away from that offending image.

          He shook his head, trying to calm his nerves.

          Thinking of what people might say when they saw such state he was in however, making him even more of a nerve wreck. He didn't notice it until he was sitting on the tile-floor of the bathroom that he realized he was hyperventilating.

          "Hyung!" Cheondoong, whom was always worried about Joon's poor health came bursting in through the door and cradled Joon against his chest. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here." He repeatedly whispered.

          Not too later, Seungho and GO crowded inside the small bathroom, helping Joon up and out of the bathroom and towards the couch in the living room, thinking the much wider space compared to their cramped bedroom would help Joon better.

          "It's okay, Changsun. We got your meds here." Seungho said softly, cooing the dancer as if he was a little child.

          Joon just let Seungho helped him swallowed two pills, feeling it stuck in his throat until a glass of water was given to help him wash it down. Joon coughed a bit, curling on the sofa while crying quietly. He felt so weak and exposed.

          "Shh... It's okay Changsun. It's okay." Seungho kept his hand over Joon's sunken cheek, rubbing his thumb just under Joon's eyes until the dancer's unfocused eyes finally glued to his own. He let a smile graze his lips once their eyes met, silently comforting the younger lad.

          Joon felt so tired yet those soft gaze comforted him and not too long after, he fall back asleep.

          Seungho pulled away, hands clenching tight on the sofa as he tried to control his own emotion until he felt warmth over his clenched fist. GO was there, holding his hand.

          "You're not alone, Seungho." GO stated with such strength in his voice.

          Seungho was assured. He was not alone.

          "I think we shouldn't go anywhere today." Cheondoong voiced out his opinion, but even he himself was torn by his own suggestion.

          "I guess he is right." GO agreed, looking at Seungho.

          Seungho looked at the two before his eyes fall unto Joon's frail figure. He let his head fall onto the couch tiredly, leaning his forehead there.

          "Cheolyong will understand." GO added, rubbing the small of Seungho's back. "He will."

          But even GO wasn't conviced.

          Would Mir understand? Would he even want to?