Chap 24

Spider Crack

Doojoon watched over the younger lying weakly on the bed with concern. He sighed and took the now dry and warm clothes on the younger boy's forehead and soaked it into the filled up basin lying on the table next to the bed, wrenching it almost dry and put it back on the warm forehead, hoping the fever would die down a bit. It was already midnight and he hadn't had a chance to sleep a wink.

          He was too worried anyway to sleep since Dongwoon had never had a fever this high. He slumped into the chair and kept on staring at Dongwoon when a ringing of phone disturbed the silence in this room.

          The phone was right next to the basin and it belonged to Dongwoon. Doojoon wondered if he should take the call or not. But once he noticed the name of the caller, he thought it shouldn't be a problem. After all, it was just Mir.

          "Hello?"

          Doojoon frowned when all he heard was heavy breathing and a weak voice calling for Dongwoon's name and a loud crash followed after.

          "Hello? Hello? Cheolyong-ah?"

          There was sound of shuffling and faraway voices of people talking until someone finally speak into the receiver.

          "Hello. The owner of this phone fainted."

          Doojoon stood up, knocking the chair behind him and waking up Junhyung and Yoseob who were snoring in the background. "Hyung?" One of them called groggily but was ignored by Doojoon.

          "Where is it? I'm coming to get him."

          "There is someone here willing to send him to a hospital. Why don't we meet there?"

          "Wait. I'll go get him right away. Where are you now?"

          "I think we should get him to a hospital first. He is burning. And there is blood. I think he is injured."

          "B-Blood?" Doojoon glanced at the still sleeping Dongwoon, considering for a minute. What if people recognized Mir? Was it going to be a problem? But the kid's safety came first.

          "Then, bring him to the ____ hospital please."

          There was a few muffled sound before the reply came, "That person said it's okay with him."

          "Then, I'm coming." Doojoon went to the cupboard and took his jacket then opened and closed the drawer to get the dorm keys and wallet.

          "Hyung. Where are you going? What is it about blood that I heard? Is someone injured? Who?" Yoseob already climbed down his upper bunk with his barrages of question and nervous look on his face as he sat at the edge of Junhung's bed and the owner of the bed was also already sat up, following Doojoon's moves with his eyes. Junhyung just kept quite and calm as he knew, him being anxious won't help whatever situation Dojoon was having.

          "Keep watch on Dongwoon. I'll tell you when I get back." Doojoon reminded and walked fast out of the dorm, forgoing his umbrella but he was lucky a taxi was about to drive pass him before he was soaked in the rain. "Ahjushi. ____ hospital please." He had instructed and relaxing himself a bit in the car, praying that nothing serious befall on Mir.

          He was worried too much to even remember to call Seungho or other MBLAQ members until he was there in the emergency ward, with Mir on the one of the bed, drifted asleep. There was also a man sitting by the bedside, whom stood up immediately when Doojoon approached the bed.

          "I assume you are his friend on the phone?"

          "Yes, I am." Doojoon smiled politely.

          "The doctor already checked on him. They said it was just fatigue and mild fever. Also, they found his feet wounded by glass. They took out the shards and bandage him. No stitches though. Otherwise, he's fine."

          "Oh okay. Thank you so much."

          The man smiled. "Just doing what I can. So, I'll take my leave now."

          "Yes, yes of course. Thank you so much. I owe you. I don't know how to repay-"

          "There is no need. I'm sure other people would have helped too if not me. Well then. I'll go first."

          Dojoon bowed to the guy and turned back to Mir, sighing in relief. "Huh... I got quite a scare just now." He smiled to himself, ruffling Mir's brown hair. "He took out his phone and dial Seungho's number. "Hello, Seungho hyung-"

          Doojoon paused when he felt hand grabbing his arm. He looked down to Mir who somehow was already awake and was shaking his head at Doojoon. Doojoon was confused but the pleading eyes of Mir made him turned the subject of calling Seungho to something else.

          "Oh, hyung. Just checking in on you. I'm doing good and you're doing good. That's great, isn't it?" Doojoon laughed awkwardly. "Okay, then hyung. See you." He ended the call abruptly and threw Mir an incredulous look. "What was that?" He asked with his eyes widened with each word.

          Mir sighed and fiddled with his blanket. "Where is Dongwoon?"

          "He's running a fever. He's resting at home."

          "Is he okay?"

          "Don't change the subject." Doojoon reprimanded, sitting by Mir's waist. "What was that?"

          "We..." Mir hesitated. "Long story short, we are not really in a good term."

          Doojoon rolled his eyes. "What's new..." He grumbled.

          "What do you mean?" Mir frowned. He was sure the outsiders didn't know about the drama going on in between MBLAQ members except for Jinwoon. Heck, he didn't even tell Dongwoon, or Key, or Nicole, Or Woohyun. Not even his own family members.

          "Seungho is a good leader, but when it came to you..." Doojoon tapped on Mir's nose adoringly. "..He needed my advices."

          Mir tilted his head aside. "I don't understand."

          "He kept coming to me, asking me how did I treat Dongwoon and how Dongwoon treat me and why can't he be close to his maknae like I am to Dongwoon." Doojoon chuckled. "He was so afraid he would scare you away if he suddenly show his affection. But well, I guess he tried." Doojoon crossed his arms. "It was bad how he really clueless on how to take care of you to the point I joked with him that he should buy a book on how to take care of small animals as pets and used that as reference yet he took my words seriously and I'm pretty sure that book is now somewhere in your dorm."

          Mir blushed at the thought of someone viewed him as a small animals.

          "Still not working huh?"

          "Yea..." Mir smiled. He really like talking to Doojoon. It felt light and comfortable. Just like when he talked to his childhood friend. "It's not working."

          "But he really do care, you know?" Doojoon spoke softly.

          "I think I know now." Mir whispered to himself. "But, hyung. How did Dongwoon acted around you?"

          Doojoon blinked before he burst into a hearty laughter. "Both of you really. You two are so alike." He calmed down a bit and pinched Mir's red cheek. "Just be yourself. And let him be himself. Then understand him just the way he will understand you. Everything will fall to their own right places. Okay?" Doojoon cooed.

          "Okay." Mir answered, feeling better already.

          "Good boy."

          "But I'm not a small animal." Mir inflated his cheeks.

          Doojoon pressed on those adorable cheeks. "Aigoo but you act like one, little pup."

          "Hyung..." Mir called again, looking up with his large brown eyes. "Can I sleep at your dorm tonight? I want things to calm down first before I go and meet them."

          Doojoon exhaled a long breath. "I don't know exactly what's going on but yup. You should just rest tonight. But let me at least tell Seungho that you are with me so they won't worry."

          Mir thought for a moment before nodding. "Okay."

          Mir felt like maybe tomorrow would be better..

          He hoped so..