Chap 2

Spider Crack

The initial chapters I will be talking a lot about Mir then later more characters view

 

"You and you and you and you and you." Rain who just stood up from his seat pointed out to five boys standing in front of him and one of those boys was Mir.

          Mir went rigid. Did he made a mistake? Would he get kicked out? Would that dream of his to be an idol, to be on stage, remained as unrealized dream and only dream? Never would be reality?

          "-debut."

          In his anxiousness, Mir had tuned out Rain and only heard that one last word. And it confused Mir so bad, he just looked up to look at Rain with furrowed brows and blank look despite his initial claim of fear towards Rain.

          Debut? Who? Him? Or did Rain said he would never debut?

          But the loud happy cheer and unending expression of gratitute from the other four Rain had pointed out seemed to oppose Mir's last thought.

          Then...

          He would... Debut...?

          Mir gasped, his hands went up to his face, palming his small face and went down to cup his mouth as those gasps turned into sobs.

          Although he was so happy as the emotion hit him endlessly, he was still ashamed to show it so openly in front of Rain. He didn't want Rain seeing him as crybaby and who knew Rain would retract back his decision after seeing him cry pathetically but no... When Rain's eyes land on him, Rain carved a soft smile, almost fatherly even, and ruffled Mir's already messy hair from an intense dance practice they just did before the shocking news and despite Mir trying to control his storm of emotion, he wilted down on the floor from the touch, reduced to sobbing and shaking and crying.

          He cried.

          But it was tears of happiness.

 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

 

Mir was not close to anyone. Although he tried not to show it, he knew no one likes him. They saw him as some rich brat buying his way into fame. And now he was hated even more as he was now just a step far from his dream as his debut was already confirmed by the company.

          And those hatred hurt him.

          "Hey.."

          Mir looked up from his soda can when he heard that voice belong to his brother in law. Dongwoon gave him a soft smile before sitting next to Mir, both eyes now staring at the empty hallway as the muffled beat from the closed practice door resounded in the background.

          "Why aren't you in the practice?"

          Mir shrugged. "I'm just taking five."

          Mir felt Dongwoon's hand firmly gripped his slumping shoulder and he tried his best to lift his shoulder up, as well as his mood. "Is there something bothering you?" As Mir remained silent, Dongwoon continued. "I know I am not as close to you as Hyosun or Hyojin but I can listen to your problem and maybe I do have some good advice I can offer."

          Mir smiled at his brother in law's show of care. "I know hyung. Thank you. Truly."

          "And...?"

          Mir chuckled, he didn't know Dongwoon could be really persistent. "Hyung.." Mir let his gaze fall to his sneakers and fidgeted a bit with his half emptied can of soda. "The debut thing. Do I earn it myself?"

          Dongwoon let out a small sound of confusion at Mir's question.

          "Do I earn it, hyung?" Mir pestered, his eyes looking up with hope on Dongwoon.

          Dongwoon frowned disapprovingly. "Do you think I'm that sort of person who let someone untalented debut just because that someone is my personal acquaintance? Am I that unprofessional in your eyes?"

          Mir shook his head, flustered.

          Dongwoon wiped off the frown from his face and laughed, ruffling Mir's dark brown hair. "Don't worry. I judge all of you coldly and you have what it takes for this. Plus, the decision is not in my hand alone. My opinion matter small in deciding who to debut. You earn it."

          Mir let out a sigh of relief. "I will continue to work hard so you won't regret letting me have this."

          "I know I won't." Dongwoon assured. "At first, when Hyosun told me about you wanting to be an idol, I do have my doubt. You have no experience in music, you went to normal school and you know nothing when you come here. You don't have the talent that we people usually saw in those who came for audition and I'm worried about you walking in through the back door but the first week I monitor you, the doubt just disappeared."

          Mir blinked, soaking in Dongwoon's words.

          "You have something more important than talent. Do you know what?"

          "Hardwork?" Mir guessed.

          "Something more important than even that."

          Mir blinked again, what could be more important?

          "Perseverance."

          Mir felt the smile tugging the corner of his lips and the warmth inside his chest.

          "Don't think that I don't know what is going on in that room." Dongwoon gestured towards the closed door of the practice room.

          Mir felt his face hardened slightly but he kept his smile to mask his feelings.

           "I know what they are saying behind your back. And I'm waiting for you to come to me and tell me about it but you never did. And despite all that, you keep on improving. You want this no more than any other people did but you are different. You start from zero, unlike them, yet you are able to stand tall among them, making yourself shine in your own way." Dongwoon moved a bit and pulled Mir into a hug. It was awkward but still warm. "I'm sure Hyosun is proud of you. I know I am."

          Mir smiled, feeling the short moment of tense left him again at the pat he received on his back before them pulling apart. "Thank you, hyung."

          "You are welcome. I have to go now. Work hard, Cheolyong- I mean, Mir."

          Mir laughed and bowed his farewell as Dongwoon left. He threw the can of soda into the trash bin and inhaled, correcting his posture as he pushed open the door to the practice room and joined the dance with a new stronger determination.

          But... Even the strongest wall can break and collapsed...

 

By the way it's not Dongwoon from B2ST but Mir's brother in law Dongwoon