Chap 25

Spider Crack

"Hyung... Where did you go?" Dongwoon whined once he opened his eyes when he felt cold hand over his cheek, feeling his temperature to see Doojoon standing over him.

          "Went to pick this little one up." Doojoon stepped aside to reveal smiling Mir standing behind him.

          Dongwoon widened his eyes slightly. It had been quite some times since he last met this one bestfriend of his. "Cheolyong!"
          "Hey there. You look terrible." Mir giggled and sat himself near Dongwoon's waist.

          "You're not that good looking either." Dongwoon rolled his eyes. "What? Forgot to apply your BB cream?"

          Mir punched Dongwoon's arm. "Shut up. This is how a tired guy normally looked like." He defended. Mir looked up to Doojoon who was just watching the same age friends interaction. "He's pretty much sadist as usual."

          "That's a good sign. Well, maybe not really but that means his fever is going down." Doojoon commented, combing his fingers through Dongwoon's dark locks.

          "What are you doing here anyway?"

          "Just need a bed to crash for tonight." Mir tried to sound casual which he kind of succeed.

          The door opened and walked in Yoseob with a tray in his hand filled with a bowl of hot porridge and a glass of water. "Hyung! You're back. And.. Cheolyong!"

          "Hi, hyung." Mir gave a small wave to the shorter male.

          "What are you doing here?" Yoseob asked with pleasant smile on his small face.

          Mir was about to open his mouth to answer when Junhyung came in this time with a basin full of cold water. "You're home- Eh? Cheolyong? What are you doing here?" Junhyung raised one eyebrow.

          Again, Mir didn't have a chance to answer when Gikwang came running with Hyunseung hot on his trail. "Give me back my phone!"

          "Hey! I told you to be quiet! Dongwoonie is resting!" Yoseob scolded the noisy duo.

          "Sorry." Gikwang cowered, shoving the phone he was holding into Hyunseung's hand and his eyes lit up in recognition at the person sitting on the edge of Dongwoon's bed. "Hey! What are you doing here?" He pointed a rude index finger on Mir which immediately being chomped by angry little Yoseob. "Oww!" Gigkwang ran and hid behind Hyunseung.

          Hyunseung growled. "I don't know why you're hiding behind me when I am equally pissed at you."

          "I feel so welcomed here." Mir mumbled.

          Dongwoon chuckled as he heard his best friend's mumbling and patted the empty space on his bed. "Warm me up, babe."

          "Don't go all Kibum on me." Mir jutted his tongue out at Dongwoon but crawled on the empty space nevertheless. "But, thanks."

          "Anytime, chingu."

          "Okay. Get out and go to sleep." Doojoon clapped his hand to get the attention of the other members. "It's already late and some of us do have schedule early morning tomorrow." He raised his brow at Gikwang who saluted and dragged Hyunseung with him.

          Junhyung shook his head, putting the basin back to its place on the table next to the bed and repeated what he had been doing since Doojoon left before, taking the towel on Dongwoon's forehead, re-cooling it and put it back on the same place.

          "I made some porridge since Woonie said he was hungry." Yoseob chipped in, helping Dongwoon to sit up and sat the tray on Dongwoon's laps. "I have some more in the kitchen, would you like some, Cheolyong?"

          "No thanks hyung." Cheolyong smiled gratefully, instead just watching Dongwoon eating the hot porridge.

          "Can I go to sleep now, hyung?" Yoseob asked.

          "Sure. I'll wake you up at 7." Doojoon assured.

          "Thanks hyung." Yoseob climbed his bed on the upper bunk and crawled under his knitted blanket.

          "Go to sleep too, Junhyung." Doojoon gave a look on Junhyung.

          "After Cheolyong tell me why is he here in the midnight, looking like that." He pointed to Mir's bandaged foot which Mir hid under Dongwoon's blanket immediately.

          "Just got into a minor accident." Mir muttered.

          "Right..." Junhyung crossed his arms. "And you came here instead of going back home or back to your own dorm."

          "Well..." Mir shrugged his shoulder with sheepish grin.

          Junhyung shook his head, stalking to his cupboard and took out a green pair of tracksuit and tossed them to Mir. "Go and take a warm shower first and change into this." Mir nodded and Junhyung watched as the boy scrambled out of the room. "Put your clothes in the washer!" He yelled after the boy, hearing a distant reply from Mir.

          "You handled that quite well." Doojoon praised.

          Junhyung turned to Doojoon with a tense look on his face. "He looks sad. I couldn't keep asking." He spoke out slowly as if afraid he would spoke wrongly.

          Dongwoon stopped eating and looked at Junhyung in awe. "You noticed?" Dongwoon squeaked, coughing a bit. "And I'm his bestfriend."

          "Won't take a genius to notice." Doojoon added, sitting on the chair. "Let's take your temperature first or I won't be able to sleep tonight."

          Dongwoon chuckled. "I'm better already hyung." Dongwoon felt tickled to witness the leader's protectiveness.

          "Just to be sure." Doojoon motioned for Junhyung to hand him the thermometer and Junhyung do just that.

          "Hey. About Cheolyong.." Junhyung tried to return the topic back but Dongwoon cut him off.

          "I'm sure he can handle it himself hyung. See, he looked for me when he needed help. He'll tell us if he wanted to."

          Junhyung nodded once, not fully convinced though.

          "Just go to sleep Junhyung." Doojoon said.

          "Okay." He muffled his yawn behind the back of his hand, landing on his bed and pulling his blanket. "Tell Cheolyong I say goodnight."

          "Will do." Dongwoon put the tray aside, already finishing the whole bowl and now was drinking the water until the glass emptied.

          "Okay now, open your mouth." Doojoon instructed once Dongwoon finished the glass of water.

          Dongwoon made a small noise of annoyance but open his mouth anyway. Waiting for one minute to pass in silence before Doojoon took the little apparatus back, smiling at the number. "Well, I can definitely sleep well tonight."

          "Yea, please don't snore hyung." Dongwoon cackled when Doojoon pretended angry before climbing the upper bunk over Dongwoon's bed to finally get a goodnight rest.

          10 minutes past and Dongwoon almost fall asleep when he heard the door opened and closed, soft shuffling and the bed sunk a bit next to him before a warm body snuggled close to his back.

          "Woonie, are you asleep?"

          "No." Dongwoon answered tiredly, trying to spun on the bed to face Mir but Mir's palm pushing on his shoulder, preventing him from moving.

          "Your hyungs love you so much, don't they?"

          Dongwoon's brows bunched together but he still hummed in response.

          "It's so nice to see the way they care for you."

          Dongwoon was tensed when he heard soft sniffle from behind him. "Are you crying?"

          "No."

          The answer was too quick and forceful, Dongwoon didn't believe Mir even a bit. "Then let me turn."

          "No. Just stay this way. Please."

          Dongwoon sighed. How can he say no with such sadness in Mir's voice pleading him.

          After a few moments of silence that Dongwoon thought Mir have no more to talk about, but then, the MBLAQ maknae spoke again, just above whisper. "Must be because you are a good person. I wish I was half as good as you."

          "You are a good person, Cheolyong. Whoever the idiot say you're not?"

          Mir sniffled some more and Dongwoon no longer want to tolerate and he turned to face Mir, moving so suddenly Mir didn't manage to stop him.

          "Hmm? Who told you, you're a bad person?" Dongwoon peered into Mir's teary eyes, using his thumb to wipe away the fallen crystals. "Tell me and I'll gather the whole 91-line squad to punch the light out of whoever that made you cry."

          That line, fortunately to Dongwoon who didn't like to see people cry had called a small laughter from Mir.

          "You can't beat me up for thinking of myself negatively, can you?"

          Dongwoon blinked, his brows slowly came together as he raised his fist and lightly knocked Mir's forehead at the same time saying, "Sure I can." He smiled kindly at Mir. "Stop thinking so badly about yourself. You are a good friend, a great family and overall an amazing person."

          "You're too kind." Mir sighed. "I hurt a lot of people."

          "Who doesn't." Dongwoon stated as matter of fact, even adding "duh" at the end. "When I said you're amazing, it's not like I'm saying you're a saint or an angel. We are all human Cheolyong. You're a human. An ordinary guy. You're bound to make mistake. For you to cry thinking yourself as a bad person because you hurt someone, that already prove you have a kind heart."

          Mir smiled genuinely. "Thanks, Dongwoon. You're a great friend."

          "Tell me something I don't know." Dongwoon boasted, earning himself another punch on his shoulder. "Need a hug?" He offered.

          "No thanks."

          "Aww, don't be shy."

          "Yah! I said no! Where are you touching?"

          "Aigoo our shy little puppy. Hey, your felt smaller."

          "Shut up! It's still ier than yours- Ugh... Why are your bigger?"

          "That's the result of working out. Some glutes. Not like yours. Tehee~"

          "Stop it. Ahahah! You're tickling me."

          "Hey! You just elbowed my handsome face. Come here you!"

          "Opps!"

          "SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!" Doojoon's voice boomed through the room followed by loud snore from Junhyung.

          Mir and Dongwoon both froze in their awkward position, their eyes met and they laughed quietly.

          Somewhere through the night, it was Mir whom ended up clinging on Dongwoon's waist and his leg clamping around Dongwoon's lower half.

          So much for not wanting a hug.