Stay With Me

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

Wheein just finished preparing their lunch meal when she walked over to Moonbyul who was rested at the sofa; her eyes are directed at the television but her mind seemed to be somewhere else.

"You seem quiet." Wheein points out, noticing how uncharacteristically quiet her girlfriend is, considering that she's supposed to be watching a comedic show. 

"What?" Byul asks as she sat straight, snapping out of her reverie.

Wheein shakes her head as she sits on Moonbyul's lap, and Moonbyul, out of habit, buries her face on the side of Wheein's neck.

"How are the two of you?" Wheein asks softly. She assume that is what's on Moonbyul's mind. But she didn't mind. She's really just curious how the two acted towards each other.

Moonbyul had told her about driving Solar home, something about that information made her a bit worried but the fact that Byul told her about it, at least reassured her that she has nothing to worry about.

"Huh?" Moonbyul asks almost defensively, wondering what Wheein meant with her question.

"You and Yongsun-unnie." Wheein specified. "Were you able to finish the song?" she asks without a trace of judgement, trying hard not to sound too curious.

"Not yet." Moonbyul answers. "But, the rest of the process will be easy since CEO Kim already gave us a concept and we already have guidelines to follow." Byul elaborated.

"That's good." Wheein smiled.

Of course she's happy with the song. She's sure a lot of people will like it, and for that, she's happy for her girlfriend. But thinking about the time the two will have to spend together to make the song, Wheein would be lying if she says she's not even a bit insecure about it.

When they got together, Moonbyul asked her to be open about how they feel about each other so they can easily identify the problem and work it out.

That's why she didn't have any problem sounding relieved hearing her gitlfriend's answer. "That's good. That means you'll finish soon." Wheein says honestly.

Wheein then felt Moonbyul nod against her neck, the older girl knows the concerns that her girlfriend have. Moonbyul then, envelopes her arms around Wheein's waist, as if to reassure her that she has nothing to worry about.

Wheein smiles at the gesture and turns her head to face Moonbyul, she looks at Moonbyul for a while taking in her beauty, "I love you."

It wasn't the first time she said it, but something about it felt like its a pivotal part in their relationship and whatever will be Moonbyul's response is a big deal.

Moonbyul meets her eyes and smiles at her in return and then the older girl proceeded to kissing one side of her shoulder before saying "I love you." back.

On normal days, it would've caused Wheein's heart to melt, but even though Moonbyul did it ever so subtly, she knew Moonbyul kissed her shoulder to intentionally avert her gaze, as if she's guilty about saying it back.

But Wheein shakes the thought off of her mind. Its a special day for them after all, she should only be thinking of happy thoughts. "By the way..." she says as she stands up.

"Wait here." Wheein said before vanishing to their now shared room, returning with a framed painting in hand.

She sits beside Moonbyul and gives the painting to her.

It was a an illustration of a star-filled night sky with the wind breezing...

When Moonbyul took a closer look she realized that there was a poem written in the right side.

"It's a part of the song lyrics that I wrote for you." Wheein said shyly. It was originally just a scribble she wrote on her pad during the times that her feelings were still left hidden.

On a tired and sleepy night

I want you even in my dreams

Even if it's just one second a day

Stay by my side

Stay with me

"Baaaabe." Moonbyul cooed. "It's beautiful." She says in awe, "Can i hear it?" Moonbyul asked, beaming at her girlfriend, excited at the thought that a song was written for her.

"I'm saving the music for our second monthsary." Wheein replied, laughing at herself for assuming that they'd even celebrate a second monthsary.

She suddenly remembered she haven't even greeted her girlfriend, "Happy Monthsary." Wheein says, kissing her girlfriend's cheek.

Moonbyul looked taken aback.

Wheein assumed that Moonbyul forgot. She wanted to believe that Byul just isn't one to celebrate monthsaries; its not really compulsary.  But then she remembers all the times her and Hyejin helps Moonbyul to arrange a surprise for Yongsun on their Monthsaries.

Wheein smiles understandingly as she held Moonbyul's hand. "You forgot, didn't you?"

Her heart sank a little,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter