Happier

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

When Solar arrived at Irene and Seulgi's cafe the red velvet girls along with Hyejin and Wheein were gathered in a circle, they seemed too absorbed about something that they didn't even notice she arrived.

"You look cute together." she heard Yeri say as she walks over to them.

"Moonbyul looks genuinely happy." she heard Seulgi note, hearing her girlf- ex-girlfriend's name immediately sparked her interest.

"What are you guys looking at?" she asks as she looks at them expectantly, they all looked like they have seen a ghost which ticked her off in a wrong way because it meant that whatever they were looking at, they probably didn't want Solar to see, which is exactly why Yongsun became more curious.

"What's that?" she asks Wheein, noticing that they were looking at Wheein's phone.

"Oh, just my photos from the solo project I've been working on, Yongsun-ssi." Wheein replies, and Yongsun can see right through her lie.

"Moonbyul looks genuinely happy."

She wanted to think that Wheein is telling her the truth; that it was just photos of her, but her instincts were telling her otherwise. Her stomach feels hollow. At the back of her mind she's telling herself to just pretend its nothing, let her believe that its nothing, but her curiosity got the best of her.

It has something to do with Byul and she wanted to know what it is.

"Can I see?" Solar asks, smiling as if her nerves weren't on edge, extending her hand, asking Wheein to give her the phone.

Wheein gives it to her with ease, she guessed that was a good sign, but she can feel that the other girls were watching her as they hold their breaths; that's not a good sign.

"You look cute together."

Could it really be possible? Yongsun didn't like what she's thinking, but her intuition tells her that there's a big chance that she might be right.

Yongsun knew that Wheein's been crushing on Moonbyul for a long time; she knows because she sees the way Wheein looks at Moonbyul at times, she just didn't know to what extent. She let it slip off her mind thinking its just admiration. She didn't like to think too much to it.

She remembers having petty fights with Byul when she gets jealous of Wheein sometimes.

She takes a deep breath before looking at the photo, her shoulders relax when she sees a photo of Wheein with Sik-k, but there's still doubt in her mind so she slides the screen to the next picture.

Wheein stands beside Solar to see the pictures that she's looking at but mamamoo's leader hides it from her.

"Unnie..." she laughs nervously, "why are you hiding my photos from me?" she asks even though she had a pretty good idea on why.

Then she sees Solar's eyes widen a bit, it looked like she just dissociated. The frown on her face tells Wheein that Solar saw what she shouldn't have seen.

Turns out, Solar wasn't really being petty all those times she gets annoyed at Moonbyul for being too close to Wheein; she remembers Moonbyul saying that she's being unreasonable, that Wheein's not even an option.

She laughs at how ridiculous that sounds now.

Its possible that they are just good friends who look cute together, that Moonbyul looks genuinely happy because she's with her close friend Wheein. Yongsun desperately want to believe that but right in front of her is a picture of Moonbyul with her hand on Wheein's left cheek and her lips on the right. She felt the urge to slide to another picture but she didn't know if her heart can take to see more.

"Unnie-" Wheein started but Solar cut her off.

"Moonbyul looks happy." Yongsun smiles, she's genuinely happy to see her star that happy, but in the pit of her stomach and in the pit of her soul she feels a dull ache knowing that it wasn't her anymore that's making Moonbyul happy.

Wheein knows its a question rather than a statement, her unnie didn't have the guts to ask her directly but she knows what she meant by it so she nods, looking at the floor to avoid making eye contact with Solar.

"That's good." Solar managed to say, even though were growing dry by the second. "How long?" she asks, putting on a smile even though all of them knew how she must've felt inside.

"Unnie, I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter