Looking Back

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8

After their group practice they stayed at the RBW music room to discuss the concept and of their song. Their CEO specified that the concept should be a dance song and that it should be cheerful; then they have the freedom to decide the rest of the details.It was already 4 in the morning when Moonbyul and Solar packed up after working on their duet song.

"You'll catch a ride with Byul?" their CEO asked Solar innocently, knowing that Solar didn't have her own car and Byul brought hers.

"Oh-no no no. It's okay." Solar quickly shrugged the idea off. She didn't want to burden Byul, and its not like she was offered a ride home anyways.

"You're not going to take her home?" he asked Byul this time, he knew that the two singers had a falling out but didn't want to pry so he's trying to do the best he can to fix the situation without overstepping his boundaries.

"There's no need. I can-" Solar started to reason but Byul cut her off.

"Come on, Yong." Byul said timidly. She didn't mind driving Solar home, but the fact that they have to sit on her car alone, didn't sit well with her, it made her anxious. But she also won't let Solar go home by herself knowing that she can easily give her a ride.

"Are you sure, that's okay?" Solar asked.

Yong. She realized its her first time hearing Byul say her name again after their breakup. She sighed at how easy it is for Byul to make her heart beam; if that's even possible.

"Why wouldn't it be?" Moonbyul retorted.

"Good thing we took this route. The traffic in the highway is horrible." Byul started, breaking the silence that floats in their atmosphere.

"Yeah." Yongsun answered simply. She wanted to have a conversation with Moonbyul but she didn't know how. All they have is their past and everything about it makes Yongsun want to cry, and she really didn't want to cry, so she keeps quiet.

And so the silence visited them again.

But then Yongsun sneezes.

"Sorry, are you cold?" Moonbyul asks, but she didn't wait for Solar's answer to increase the temperature of her car's air-condition.

"Your new car is cool." Yongsun took the opportunity to make a pun which earned a laugh from Moonbyul. "You must've saved a lot of money." Solar points out.

"Nah." Moonbyul denies casually. "I just had a lot of leftover savings from-" and she stops abruptly, realizing what she's going to say. She used to save her money so her and Solar can live luxuriously when they get married someday, but obviously there's no use for that now.

Moonbyul really didn't need to finish her sentence for Solar to know what she's about to say.

Their light conversation quickly turned into a combination of tension-and-awkwardness-filled silence.

Solar's in the middle of her self loathing when a pair of sunglasses fell on her lap.

"Oh, sorry." Moonbyul quickly apologizes, taking the glasses from Solar's hands. "That's Wheein's"

Solar, for the first time, strangely felt grim hearing Wheein's name. She feels guilty for feeling this way but her heart was never cooperative with her.

"Is she okay with us..." Solar asks carefully, hoping that Moonbyul would answer her honestly.

"Yeah. She's actually excited to hear what song we'll make." Moonbyul smiles, and Solar smiles at how Byul's eyes instantly lit up whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter