Sinking Ship

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

A week passed since Moonbyul's outburst happened.

It was a usual day for Wheein, Hyejin and Moonbyul, and being the homebodies that they are, they decided to stay in and hang out in their apartment.

Hyejin and Moonbyul settled on watching a movie while Wheein is busy writing a song.

"Wheein-ah. Look at me." Moonbyul demanded, causing the younger one to look up from her notebook.

"Why? You're just taking pictures of yourself." Wheein questioned only to see her unnie holding up a phone pointed at herself.

Moonbyul makes eye contact with the blonde girl with a greasy smile plastered on her face. "So I could smile." she reasoned.

"Unnie, stop that." Wheein blushes as she tries her best to stop her lips from forming a smile.

Hyejin rolls her eyes with the scene unfolding in front of her, unable to focus on the movie they're supposed to be watching. "Byulyi-unnie, stop that. Wheein might actually believe you." Hyejin says feigning annoyance.

Moonbyul has been teasing and flirting with Wheein non stop for a week now, and even though Hyejin is secretly enjoying their interactions, she's getting tired of Moonbyul's bragging smile every time she successfully makes Wheein blush, which is 101% of the time.

"Wheein-ah." Moonbyul calls her attention. "Do you want me to stop?" she asks with a pretense innocence, as if Wheein haven't told her a hundred times to stop.

In her defense though, Wheein seemed like she's actually enjoying it, and Moonbyul enjoys making Wheein smile.

"Yes, please?" Wheein deadpanned. Even though if she's being honest, she'd rather have this greasy Moonbyul than the one who drinks and cries all day. If only her heart isn't too fragile to play games, maybe she would've encouraged her Moonbyul unnie to continue.

"Sorry, you just look so pretty that I can't help but bug you." Moonbyul confesses, she sounded like she's kidding but she genuinely liked teasing Wheein just because her reactions are cute.

"So why aren't you teasing me?" Hyejin questioned. "Don't I look pretty to you?" Hyejin asks, as she pouts playfully, pretending to be offended.

"What?" Moonbyul asks with flushed cheeks, trying to figure out if Hyejin is being serious. "Of course I find you pretty Hyejin-ah. Its just that..." she tries to find the words to justify her actions.

Hyejin narrows her eyes. "Its just that I'm not your type?" she inquired with a smirk, deciding to unnie further, but then Moonbyul was unable to answer her and she was taken aback as realization dawned on her.

Is it possible that her unnie really liked Wheein? It definitely seemed like it. Moonbyul used to tease Solar a lot before too, enjoying the girl's reactions. But Hyejin thinks Moonbyul surely hasn't moved on from Solar yet; just a week ago she was shouting at Yongsun for being able to move on so quickly.

She shrugs off the thought when she couldn't make sense of the situation.

She then notice Wheein, the girl still have her eyes glued on the paper she was writing on, but Hyejin knew that Wheein's attention was fully on their conversation for a while now, waiting for Moonbyul's answer as well.

"That's not what I'm saying." Moonbyul protests with a defensive posture, taking Hyejin's question seriously.

"But you admit that Wheein's your type?" Hyejin asks further, this time genuinely out of curiousity.

"Hyejin, I'm right here." Wheein points out, conscious that her friends are talking about her in that context when she's in the same room with them.

"She is." Moonbyul states, so easily, that Wheein didn't know if she should believe her, but it made her feel like her heart was auditioning for Cirque Du Soleil nonetheless.

But then Moonbyul laughed when she saw Hyejin's shocked expression. "You should've seen your face." she jested.

Hyejin then chuckles, she didn't realize she was holding her breath. She fell for her unnie's joke because she sounded sincere despite her tone.

Wheein knew it wasn't Byulyi's intention to play with her heart. She knows Moonbyul was messing with Hyejin and not her, but she felt her anger boil up inside her.

Suddenly their living room felt narrow; she felt like suffocating. She abruptly stands up from the sofa and walks inside her room.

"Wheein-ah." Moonbyul called out, both the girls noticing that Wheein looked upset.

Moonbyul was about to follow her but Hyejin stopped her.

"Unnie." Hyejin calls out. "Leave her be. I'll talk to her." Hyejin instructed, and Moonbyul complies, knowing that it Wheein is really upset, Hyejin would be able to calm her down.

When Hyejin followed Wheein in their room, the other girl was on her bed covered by her blanket from head to toe.

Hyejin locks the door before sitting on her best friend's bed, not wanting anyone to disturb their impending conversation.

"So you do like Byul-yi unnie." it was a statement rather than a question because she knows Wheein too well and there's no doubt in her mind now that her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter