If This Was A Movie

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16

It was Wheein and Byul's second monthsary. It felt strange to be reminded that they have been together for only two months, it felt longer for Moonbyul; the struggles they faced, the love they shared, it felt like more than a two months worth.

And so Moonbyul decided to surprise Wheein for their special day, but it seemed like she's the one who is in for a surprise.

"Hyejin! Have you seen the painting Wheein gave me?" Byul shouted from her room, the painting that Wheein gave her was missing from the top of their bedpost, the nail where it used to hang was the only thing that remained.

Hyejin poked her head in the room. "How could you lose a painting as big as that?" Hyejin questions.

"Have we been robbed?" Moonbyul panicked, searching for her valuables and making sure there's nothing missing.

"Byul-ssi, maybe Wheein took it down." Hyejin concluded, causing Byul to furrow her brows in confusion as to why Wheein would do so.

"Why would she take it down?" Moonbyul asks, her thoughts expecting the worse.

"Did you two fight?" Hyejin asks, raising an eyebrow.

Byul smiles sadly, "No..." she answered, they didn't, and sometimes Moonbyul wished they would, because she could feel Wheein closing off, she could feel her slipping away and she'd much prefer to fight with her and know how she feels.

"Why do you sound like you did?" Hyejin asks, crossing her arms, not convinced at her unnie's answer. "Well did you do something wrong? "

"Yah-" Byul interrupts their maknae. "Why would you assume that I did something wrong so quickly?" Byul pouts, making Hyejin chuckle, in all fairness to her unnie, Byul has been extra gentle with Wheein since they had the talk, she was just making sure that nothing's wrong.

Before Hyejin could answer and explain herself, Wheein entered the room.

"Wheein. Did you put down the painting?" Hyejin asks, as soon as she sees her best friend.

Wheein nods. "I couldn't finish the song...I was so frustrated I took it down." she reasons.

"Wheein." Moonbyul was taken aback at her girlfriend's blatant admission. "Where did you put it?" the worry she feels shows on her face; she thinks Wheein threw it away.

"It doesn't matter." Wheein replied nonchalantly, making Moonbyul flinch, wherever their conversation is going, she doesn't think it would be a good one.

Hyejin is contemplating whether she should leave and give her friends some privacy, but Moonbyul looks at her as if she's looking for her help, and so she decided to stay. "Why not?" she asks, knowing that her unnie is too afraid to do so.

Wheein flashes a comforting smile at Byul, despite Hyejin being the one who asked. "I wrote you a new one." she answers instead.

Byul sighs in relief, although she would've loved to have kept the first one, she's just glad her suspicion that Wheein was about to break up with her right there and then wasn't true. "But I like that painting. I look at it everyday." Byul comments.

Wheein smiles again, "That's why I took it down." she said softly, making Byul more confused than before, but she didn't have the chance to ask. "I bought us breakfast; let's eat." Wheein tells her girlfriend and her best friend.

Wheein have always loved romantic movies, and even though the girl might deny that fact, Byul knows her too well to believe her. And so Moonbyul prepared a romantic dinner date for them: dinner with candle lights at the roof top of their apartment; their life might not be a romantic movie, but tonight maybe they can pretend so.

It was Hyejin who lead a blindfolded Wheein to the rooftop.

Hyejin also happened to be the chef for the night, but Byul already expected her to order from a restaurant and claim that she cooked it like she had done so many times, even though they don't believe her.

"You can open your eyes now." Moonbyul whispers right after she removes Wheein's blindfold.

Wheein's eyes widened in awe, when Hyejin blindfolded her she got excited but she really didn't know what to expect, and seeing what Byul prepared for her, her stomach dropped because it definitely exceeded her expectation.

Her relationship with Byul hasn't been perfect the past month, and even though they don't talk about it, their denial about the whole situation took a toll on their relationship, and with those things considered, she expected their monthsary to be...less extravagant.

She expected Byul to buy her a bouquet of flowers at the very most, but seeing their usually plain white rooftop covered with lights and flowers, a table for two, and a floor filled with rose petals, Wheein realizes she underestimated Byul.

Making her feel guilty.

She didn't know what to say, she felt like the words were stuck on .

"Do you like it?" Moonbyul asks, her eyes full of hope.

"I love it." Wheein answers, placing a quick kiss on her girlfriend's lips.

Ever since she almost kissed Yongsun, the woman just keeps invading her mind. She's frustrated that even now, when she's with Wheein, she would think of how it could've been her and Yongsun; if Yong would've just told her what's bothering her, maybe they could've fixed it, maybe they could be having this dinner.

Byul would shake it off her mind, but it will linger until she can't ignore it again. It's like a never ending cycle.

"Byul-ah" Wheein called out, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What were you thinking just now?" Wheein asks, noticing that her girlfriend was lost in her thoughts for the nth time that night.

"I was just..." she's trying to think of a better way to tell the truth, but is there really a better way to tell your girlfriend that you're thinking about someone else while celebrating your monthsary?

Wheein really didn't need to hear her girlfriend's answer; she knew it right beforeshe asked. And that's when Wheein understood. She finally understood why Yongsun did it.  

They had a good night, the conversation flowed very naturally, they both found the food Hyejin ordered delicious, and how Moonbyul wished it ended at that, or a goodnight kiss maybe, like one of the many romantic movies they watched.

But then again, they are not living a fairy tale nor a romantic movie, it was real life, and it seemed like Wheein had a n entirely different plan on how their night would go.

"Do you remember the lyrics I wrote for you?" Wheein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter