After The Storm

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the members of Mamamoo arrived at Yongsun's apartment, the rain still hasn't stopped but it was more bearable.

Hyejin decided to stay at Yongsun's apartment. She can't possibly leave her unnie in the state that she's in. She knows Yongsun would need some company right now, and she's hoping she could help her feel better.

"Unnie, I can stay at your apartment tonight, right?" Hyejin asks, but her tone was more like Yongsun didn't have any choice.

"Of course, Hyejin-ah." Yongsun said softly, her voice was still a little hoarse.

"Great." clapping her hands lightly together. "Byul-ssi, Wheein-ah, you won't miss me too much, right?" she asks her other friends.

Moonbyul shrugs dismissively. "You're probably the one who'll miss me." Byul says greasily, causing Hyejin to roll her eyes.

"Take care then." Wheein said smiling at both Hyejin and Yongsun, she was obviously not in a cheerful mood, Hyejin wishes its because she's sleepy but she knows it probably has something to do with the way Byul looked at Yongsun.

"Take care too." Yongsun replied, flashing the best smile she could, "Thank you for picking me up." she said at both Wheein and Byul, but her gaze was directed only at Wheein. On her peripheral view she can see Byul smiling at her but she didn't dare look at her.

"It was nothing, unnie." Wheein smiled.

After bidding their final goodbyes for the night, Hyejin then opened the car door and opened her large umbrella, respectively, to shield her and Yongsun from the rain.

They were already in their pajamas, Yongsun and Hyejin are settled in Yongsun's bed.

The blonde girl was still quiet, and she was still trying to hold back her tears.

"Unnie, you're allowed to cry. It's okay." Hyejin reminds her. As soon as she said it, Yongsun leaned in to hug her, as if she was Yong's mother, cradling her child. She caresses Yongsun's hair as the girl cries continuously.

"I know that she really found someone new." Yongsun states in between sobs, thoughts of Wheein and Moonbyul floods her mind, including the way Byul leaned in to Wheein's touch when the younger girl was wiping her dry. "But it only felt real for me tonight."

Yongsun was crying so hard but there no sounds, "And it hurts so much." Yongsun added, as if Hyejin couldn't see how Yongsun was having a hard time breathing because of the pain.

Their leader look so miserable that Hyejin felt a tear fall from her own eye. "Unnie." She was at a loss of words, what could she possibly say to make her friend feel better?

"Did I do something wrong?" Moonbyul asks Wheein when they were seated in their shared bed. The younger girl hasn't said more than one word to her. She wonders if its about picking up Yongsun, but that couldn't possibly be it. Wheein's mature enough to make that a big deal.

"I don't know, did you?" Wheein retorts, pushing her hair back with her hand.

"Is it about Yong?" Moonbyul asks carefully, she really didn't want to bring her up, but if Wheein has a problem about her then she has to know.

Wheein visibly inhaled as if she was about to say something, but the she sighs in resignation. "No."

"Then why are you acting so cold?" Moonbyul asks softly, she can sense that Wheein is holding back. And she's not willing to lose another relationship just because of miscommunication. She never wants to be kept in the dark when there's a problem they should address.

Byul scoots closer to her girlfriend, wrapping her right arm along Wheein's back with her hand on Wheein's hips. The younger girl's features softens with the contact.

"It's not you." Wheein states. "It's me. I'm the problem, because whenever we're in the same room with Yongsun-ssi, I feel like an outsider, I feel like I'm invading something, and I hate that I know I can't compete with her." she replies, looking down in embarrassment. It sounds so valid when it running around her mind but it feels silly when she says it out loud.

"Look at me." Moonbyul sighs, touching her chin guiding her head to face her so their eyes could meet. She was looking at Wheein intently, as if she was memorizing her face for future reference. "I get it, we all have our insecurities, and sometimes it gets the best of us." Moonbyul states understandingly. "I can't promise to take them away completely."

"But I'm here." Byul declares, her stare was so soft that Wheein felt like her heart could melt at any second. "I'm here to shield you from your insecurities. I'm here to reassure you every single time you need it. And you don't have to compete," Byul smiles and shakes her head. "...because there's no competition; you're my girlfriend and I love you." she continues, before leaning in.

Her lips met Wheein's soft ones, and Wheein couldn't explain why it actually seem like its working. Their kiss was sweet despite the salty tears falling from Wheein's eyes, and as their kiss deepens, Wheein's insecurities feel more and more like a thing from the past.

A few days after, the storm has finally left, and the sky is finally clear again.

But it doesn't seem to be the case at RBW's practice room. If anything, the big storm is just on its way.

"All I'm saying is that I think its a little out of place in the song." Moonbyul states calmly but with a sharp tone.

"Well clearly, I'm not doing anything right in this choreography, so why don't you just do it all by yourself and teach me after?" Yongsun replied, she's been trying to control her anger, but Moonbyul has been contradicting her every suggestion from the start of their practice.

Yongsun actually feels like Moonbyul is out to get her.

"What, you can't take constructive criticisms now?" Moonbyuls asks, "You clearly had a lot to say on our live performance earlier, but you didn't see me complain." Moonbyul remarks.

They had to perform for a school festival earlier and Yongsun has been on edge that she actually the littlest things ticked her off, maybe it had something to do with how extra clingy Moonbyul and Wheein was on stage, but she's not going to admit that out loud.

In Yongsun's defense though, she actually only said something when Moonbyul forgot some of her lines when they were singing on of their songs. "I just told you to focus, was I wrong to say that?"

"And I'm just saying that what you're suggesting doesn't fit our choreography." Moonbyul retorts.

"Girls, maybe you're just too pressured with the timetable? I can see that you're both rushing things. Maybe that's the reason both of you are arguing now." their manager points out.

Both of them were on edge that they almost forgot that their manager was still in the room.

Their manager might be right. Solar did want to finish the entirety of the song soon, she can't handle seeing Moonbyul anymore without feeling a pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter