Way Back

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 17

"You're not the only one who got hurt." Seulgi reminds Byul, maybe she's in no place to be the one telling Moonbyul this; she did drink a bottle of shampoo just because Irene broke up with her.

But that's exactly why she knows.

She saw how Irene cried beside her, how worried sick the woman was when she saw Seulgi at the hospital bed. She realized that even though Irene broke up with her, it doesn't erase the fact that Irene loves her.

Wendy spent a whole hour reprimanding Seulgi and scolding her on how she wasn't the only one hurting; she figured it's her turn to do the same to Byul.

"Yongsun-unnie was hurting too and we saw that." Seulgi points out, like they did many times before; the only difference now is that Moonbyul was actually willing to listen.

It was so much 'easier' for Byul to realize that Seulgi is right.

She knows how hard it is for Wheein to break up with her. Moonbyul also knew that she did it because she was the only one brave enough to face the truth; that there was something wrong with their relationship; something that Byul failed to do.

"She never wanted to hurt you." Seulgi states. "You got hurt only because you weren't willing to give her what she was asking of you." Seulgi says, as if she's also telling it to herself. It's funny how they can be in the same position right now, but the one giving advice is crazy enough to make an attempt to end her life with a bottle of shampoo.

Moonbyul doesn't say a word, she's looking at the ground, letting Seulgi's words sink in.

"Don't you see? If she didn't choose herself and she let you take control everything, her heart would have been broken every moment she was with you until nothing would have been left of the Yongsun you loved." Seulgi comments, and Byul finds it hard to not think about how the same could be said with her relationship with Wheein.

When she decided to start a relationship with Wheein she promiesd herself she'd be a better girlfriend; that she won't repeat the mistakes that Yong and her did...but now she wonders if she learned anything at all.

Seulgi said it as if its the most obvious thing in the world...and maybe it was, if only she listened to Yongsun before. But Byul focused on her pain, it was too loud that she couldn't hear anything else, and she couldn't see anything through her tears.

Seulgi takes Moonbyul's silence as an acknowledgement of her statements. "The question is, do you still love her?" Seulgi asks, and Moonbyul looks at her as if she just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"That never changed." Moonbyul replies, she didn't know how good it could feel like to finally be able to be honest to herself and everyone around her.

And that should've been it. Seulgi is supposed to tell her to go get her girl but life was never that easy.

Moonbyul is still not sure if love is enough.

Moonbyul found Yongsun at their music room, she seemed to be in deep thought.

"Hyejin told me you'd be here." Moonbyul states as she sat beside Yongsun, snapping the girl out of her reverie.

Yongsun didn't know what to say, its the first time they're going to talk since the night she came to their apartment.

"I just talked to CEO Kim." Moonbyul states, and Yongsun immediately turned her head to Byul, dreading the idea that invaded her mind.

"You're not going to leave are you?" Yongsun's voice was too quiet, afraid that if she said it a little louder it might come true. She tried to find comfort with the fact the they are still binded by their contract.

Moonbyul shakes her head, "Not if you won't allow me to." Moonbyul answers.

Yongsun furrows her brows, silently asking for a  further explanation.

"I asked CEO Kim for a one year break after our promotions for this album. I suggested if we could pursue our solo careers for a year, but of course, I told him that I'd talk to you guys about it first." Byul explains.

She thought this through for about a thousand times before voicing it out. She concluded that its what she needed- what they needed. She tried trying to be professional and continue their work despite the break up, but it didn't work out before, having two exes in her group doesn't sound like it would be any d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter