New Cafe

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

"Solar." Yongsun heard a familiar voice call her, when she turn to face the owner of the voice she saw Eric Nam. "It is you. Long time no see." he said leaning in for a hug, which Solar politely reciprocated.

"Yeah.” she said simply, guilty that she purposefully avoided the boy to refrain her girlfr- ex girlfriend from being jealous.

"Did you change your number? You weren't replying to my texts." Eric asked innocently.

"Yeah. Sorry, I forgot to inform you." she answered with a smile.

"Ah, it's okay. Anyway, where are you heading?" he asked, hoping the other girl didn't have any plans for the day; he missed Solar, he hasn't seen her since the WGM ended, and he genuinely enjoyed their time together.

"I was just about to meet the girls with some of our friends." she said referring to her group mates. Seulgi and Irene just opened their new cafe and Mamamoo was invited to their private celebration.

"Do you want me to give you a ride?" Eric offered.

"What? No!" she said too loudly. She isn't sure if Moonbyul would be there and she knows that it will not look good if she sees them together. "I mean you don't have to...I'm just waiting for my service; he'll be here soon." She tried to sound as casual as possible but she really hoped Eric wouldn’t insist anymore.

But luck doesn’t seem to be on her side because Eric seemed persistent. "I don't mind come on."

Hyejin and Wheein both stepped outside the cafe to welcome Solar when the latter told them that she's already in the parking lot; they haven't seen their leader for a month after all. The two maknaes made it a joke that Solar really took the one month break literally, since it felt like she broke up with all of them.

"Wheein! Hyejin!" Solar called out enthusiastically making a beeline towards the girls and hugging them tightly. "I've missed you guys."

"Well, whose fault is that?" Hyejin questions playfully, rolling her eyes.

"I know. I know. But I'm here now." Solar answered.

Yongsun almost forgot that she has someone with her if it wasn’t for Wheein.

"Oh, Unnie, You didn't tell us you'd bring Eric-oppa." it wasn't that Wheein didn't want the boy there, but she was worried about Moonbyul's reaction if she ever decides to show up.

"Oh- no. I just gave Solar a ride." Eric stated, the surprise in Wheein's voice didn't go unnoticed so he tried to avoid any misunderstanding.

"Red Velvet and Minhyuk are inside, you should come as well so Minhyuk won't be the only guy, since Loco can't come today." Hwasa offered, trying to be polite. Moonbyul said she couldn't come so there shouldn't be any problem. "I'm sure they won't mind."

"Oh...okay." Eric agreed, too eagerly in Hyejin’s opinion.

As they entered the restaurant, Yongsun and Eric was greeted by their fellow singers as they take their respective seats.

Seulgi was about to serve their meal when she saw Moonbyul approaching.

While placing the food down the table, Seulgi silently warned Solar that Moonbyul’s already at the door. Her nerves were on edge knowing that her friend Byul never liked Eric that much, she just hopes Moonbyul have extra self-control today.

Hyejin gave Solar an apologetic look, which Solar answered with a reassuring smile.

"This is going to be messy for sure." Minhyuk remarked, which earned Eric confused.

"Relax, you guys." Irene whispered. Moonbyul didn't look drunk; maybe she won't make a scene, Irene thought to herself.

"Unnie!" Wheein greeted her co-memeber.

Moonbyul shot her a small smile before focusing her attention on the newly blonde girl that she hasn't seen in a long time; if she doesn't count their encounter in her dreams and thoughts.

"Yong." she says ever so softly, as if her name could break in .

Yongsun turned to face her and greet her back, "Byul." she gave her a smile, but not as genuine as she would've been if the presence of Eric beside her didn't make her anxious.

And as if on cue, the smile on Moonbyul's face faltered when she saw the guy beside Solar. The guy who's been "married" to Solar on a stupid tv show. The guy they fought over a few times; the guy who just wouldn't leave Solar alone.

"Eric." she acknowledged his presence with a smile, but it definitely wasn't a friendly one. Eric stood up to shake her hand but she just stared at it.

Eric proceeded to lightly scratching his head to refrain himself from more embarrassment, when the other girl didn’t reach for his hand. He smiled at her instead; he thought that maybe Moonbyul isn’t in a good mood for handshakes. "Nice to see you, again." he greeted.

"I wish I could sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter