The Reason

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12

A week passed since Yongsun and Moonbyul last talked. They weren't exactly mad at each other. It was just plain...awkward; like they still have a lot to say after all that's been said, but both of them think its best to leave it be.

Was it their closure? Yongsun didn't know, to her, it didn't feel like it was; because aren't closures supposed to make you feel light? Aren't they supposed to set you free from the burden of the past so you'll be able to move forward?

But right now Yongsun felt more stuck more than ever.

In her mind, it was like an endless marathon of the memories that Moonbyul and her once shared.

She remembers all their dates, their arguments, their anniversaries. The grand surprises and even the little things, especially the little things.

She remembers how Byul scrunches her nose when Yongsun did something to make her smile, how Byul would throw her head back when Yong said something to make her laugh, how Byul always reaches for her hand whenever its possible, how Byul buries her head onto Yongsun's neck while she wraps her arms around her when she's embarrassed.

She remembers and boy did she miss it.

She misses how Byul would bring an extra umbrella during rainy season for Yongsun, and how sometimes Byul purposefully 'forgets' to bring an extra so they could share an umbrella, saying that its more romantic that way.

And sometimes the little things she remembers leads to the memories that she treasures dearly, memories she holds on to, like their third anniversary.

They went to Hong Kong Disneyland to celebrate their third 'official' anniversary. It was indeed the happiest place on earth. They spent all day going to the attractions that they wanted to go to, but weren't able to go to when they went the first time for a show. When the night came they watched the infamous parade, and of course, the show-stopping fireworks that lit up the night sky.

After a fun and tiring day they went to the hotel they booked, the two of them lied on their bed, arms wrapped around each other.

"Happy anniversary, Yong." Moonbyul whispers in her ears, placing a kiss on her head.

"Happy anniversary, Byul." Yongsun replies. "Thank you for bringing us back here." she says gratefully. She planned on spending their anniversary with a simple romantic dinner but Byul surprised her with the ticket trip to Hong Kong.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed." Byul said while grinning, proud at herself for picking the right venue to celebrate their special day.

"Enjoyed is an understatement." Yongsun remarks, pulling Byul as close as physically possible as she could, resting her head on Byul's shoulder. "My heart is full of happiness right now."

"Me too." Byul smiles, continuously caressing Yongsun's hair.

"Ten years from now, do you think we'll still be like this?" Yongsun asks, in a whim. "This happy? Together?"

Byul smiles again, thinking that Yong shouldn't have asked because the answer should be clear, but then again, she's glad she has the opportunity to remind Yong how committed she is in their relationship.

She pulls away from Yong's embrace, shifting on their bed so she can face her girlfriend, they have the same position, their heads rested on their arms, mirroring each other. "Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, it doesn't matter. I'll always be happy with you, and I'd always stay with you...forever and ever." Byul affirms.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

It was then that Yongsun concluded that any place, as long as Byul is with her, is the happiest place on Earth.

Yongsun was snapped out of her reverie when she heard her phone rang. It was Hyejin at the other line, telling her that Seulgi was in the hospital. "What? Why? What happened?"

Hyejin told her that she'll tell her the details when she gets to the hospital, and so she immediately grabbed her phone to book a taxi.

When Yongsun arrived, Seulgi was pinned down on her hospital bed by two paramedics along with Minhyuk, Joy and Wendy, begging her to calm down.

"I give up!" Seulgi shouts, as she struggles to break free from the people holding her. "Let go of me!"

"Seulgi, that's enough." Wendy states, her voice was full of understanding, but can't stand it anymore seeing her friend like this.

"Don't ruin your life because of her." Minhyuk adds.

She walks over to Hyejin and Loco who were at the couch beside the bed. "What happened?"

"Irene broke up with her." Hyejin whispers to their leader.

"She tried to end her pain by drinking shampoo." Loco shakes his head, showing his disapproval with what Seulgi did, but his eyes were soft as he looked at Seulgi with sympathy.

"Damn that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter