I Won't Give Up

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 14

Moonbyul was relieved when the living room was empty when she entered their apartment. She became aware of everything around her after she talked to Yongsun. She realized someone could've walked in on them.

And yet...she couldn't care less, not while it was happening at least.

It was like a scene in one of those sappy romantic movies she always watch with her members, except the one she shared with Yongsun; that moment was real. And she couldn't think of anything else at the moment. Or even anyone, anyone but...Wheein.

As soon as the girl crossed her mind, the feeling of Yongsun's skin that lingered on her lips, was laced with all kinds of guilt.

She almost kissed Yongsun the way she shouldn't have. She got lost in the moment and it actually felt like the right thing to do in that moment. But reality has a way of slapping you hard right in the face, and it didn't feel so right anymore because there's this girl in Moonbyul's mind and she's blonde and has this perfect smile, which she promised to love unconditionally, and she's waiting for her in their shared room.

A girl that deserves better. A girl that deserves to know what just happened; even if it will inevitably break her heart.

And thinking about it, Moonbyul thinks she's the worst person to ever walk on the planet.

When Moonbyul entered their room she sat beside Wheein who's occupied writing on her notepad.

"Wheein." Moonbyul started, it didn't help to ease her conscience when Wheein smiled at her innocently. She could already feel a black hole at the center of her stomach, knowing that she's going to take a way an angel's smile soon. "Can we talk?"

Wheein closed her notepad, placing it at the bedside table along with her pen. She already knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant one judging by her girlfriend's tone. She now regrets not sleeping early, thinking that she could've avoided having this conversation with Moonbyul right now. "About what?"

"Yongsun came." Moonbyul states, she didn't need to say more for Wheein to know the direction of the conversation they're having.

Wheein just nodded, encouraging Byul to continue. "She apologized to me."

Wheein genuinely smiled at her, "That's good to know." she manages to say, even though something in the pit of her stomach tells her that nothing about the situation will be good for her. But she is glad that Moonbyul finally got the apology she deserves. Maybe it will help her girlfriend ease some of the pain. "So you finally settled things between the two of you then?" she asked carefully- hopefully even. "You didn't end up in another fight, did you?" Wheein really hoped they ended their conversation in good terms, because it could mean that Byul could finally really start to heal, and maybe, just maybe, Wheein could finally feel secure in their relationship.

Moonbyul dreadfully shakes her head. Maybe she would have preferred that to be the case. She thinks its better to fight with Yongsun than to tell Wheein what really happened.

"Then why do you look like you ate guilt for dinner?" Wheein asks gently, taking Byul's hands in her, encouraging her girlfriend to tell her what she has too.

Moonbyul finds Wheein's voice to be too soft for Byul to tell her a hard truth. "I-" there was hesitation in her voice. At this rate, she didn't know if she should tell Wheein or just kiss her goodnight.

"Babe. Did you..." Wheein started, she knows Moonbyul too well. She knows her girlfriend too well to know that whatever she has to say, Wheein isn't going to like it, causing Wheein to think of the worst possible scenario she could think of.

"I almost kissed Yongsun." she finally manages to say, trying to stop Wheein from thinking a far worse scenario that what it really is.

Moonbyul felt suddenly cold when the warmth of Wheein's hand left hers.

Wheein didn't know what to say. Should she be thankful that Moonbyul didn't actually do it? She actually is thankful either way, but she is far from relieved. Because the thought was there; Moonbyul almost kissed Yongsun because she wanted to.

Moonbyul grabbed her hand. "I'm so sorry." Moonbyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter