A Kiss Goodbye

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So that's it?" Wheein asks, startling a sneaking Byul, freezing her to her spot at the middle of their living room.

Moonbyul wanted to leave their apartment and stay at their hometown for a while before her flight since their promotion has ended. She talked to Hyejin about it, but she didn't know where her and Wheein stand, so she's not sure how to approach the girl, hence why she's sneaking out in midnight.

"I know two months is short...but don't you think I deserve a proper goodbye?" Wheein asks, her facial features as sharp as a knife, as she clenched her jaw.

"Wheein-" Byul was about to explain herself, but Wheein didn't give her a chance to.

"First, you told Hyejin to ask my permission about your plan, not bothering to ask me personally, then you go sneaking in the middle of the night- to what? Avoid me? Were you even planning to talk to me at all?" Wheein demands an answer judging by the way she sounded and the way she looked at Byul.

Wheein is mad, and Moonbyul is confused as to why she feels happy about it.

Maybe part of it was because it reminded her of how they would have petty fights and how Wheein looked cute when she's mad, but mostly because Wheein have always put her first.

Even when Wheein's mad, Byul could feel like she's holding back, as if, if she gets too angry she'd lose Byul.

And now she's not holding back anymore...

"Are you really just going to stand there and ignore me?" Wheein huffs in disbelief, snapping Byul out of her reverie.

"I didn't know how to talk to you." Byul admits. "I want to - of course - but...I feel so ashamed for hurting you." she confesses, looking at the ground because of the guilt that's still clouding her heart.

"You don't have to." Wheein replies in a much gentler tone. "I entered a relationship with you, because I love you." Byul was taken aback at how easy it was for Wheein to say it, but she really shouldn't be, because love doesn't always just stop at the end of a relationship . "I know what I was getting into. So no, I'm not mad at you." Wheein reassures Moonbyul, although saying that she can't would've been a more accurate term.

"You should be." Byul replies almost automatically.

Wheein shakes her head, taking Byul's hand in hers. "I'm the one who got tired. I thought I could bear the pain as long as we're together, but I couldn't see you pretend like everything's fine while your heart still have its bruises. I couldn't stand how I couldn't do anything about it."

And its not like Wheein could hate Moonbyul even if she tried.

It was Moonbyul's turn to shake her head. "You deserve so much better."

And Wheein almost laughs because who ever said she wanted someone better? All she ever wanted was- is Byul; that should be the end of it, but the world proved to her that that's not how life works.

"I wanted you though." the words escaped Wheein's lips.

"You might not believe me, but I wanted us to last; I wanted you to be it for me." Byul smiled sadly, "But I realized that maybe I'm not the one you need." Byul really tried to be better to deserve Wheein, but it didn't seem like it was ever enough.

"I'm starting to believe that too." Wheein answered truthfully. It's starting to make sense to her that maybe the reason why the universe let them be together is for her to be enlightened that Byul isn't the one for her.

"You're going to find that person, Wheein-ah." Byul tries to reassure her.

Wheein smiles and shakes her head again, "You make it sound like I'm looking for the one." Wheein comments; she's not. "I was never searching for someone to love. I was contented and happy being by myself." she states. "But I guess life had different plans and I stumbled upon love in the form of you."

Moonbyul couldn't help but smile at the purity of how Wheein said it. It was a genuine statement that matched Wheein's content smile, that for the first time, made Moonbyul's heart feel light without the guilt nagging on her for the possibility of not being enough for Wheein.

"I'm going to be fine." Wheein promises; to herself more than to Byul. "It might take some sleepless nights, but I'll eventually get over this sadness." she states placing a hand on Byul's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter