EPILOGUE

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was excited about Mamamoo's comeback as a four act after a year-long hiatus.

All of the girls' solo careers soared high as they showcased their individual charms on producing music and releasing their solo albums; hit after hit.

Hwasa have been in demand for commercial deals, and have worked with a lot of artists throughout the year due to her song collaborations, and tv guestings.

Yongsun, on the other hand, has been busy with her concert tour all over South Korea, and managing to bag a supporting role in a television series.

And as for Wheein, well, her solo album is filled with melancholic songs, that, as some of the fans say, 'would strum your emotional heartstrings', and it made her voice in demand for official soundtracks on television dramas.

Not having Moonbyul around didn't hinder Mamamoo from attending school festivals as a group.

The three of them would still perform at school festivals, with both their solos and Mamamoo's old songs, and they would always laugh at how the fans turn wild whenever Byul's voice would play through the speaker for her rap part.

Sure, Wheein, Hwasa, and Solar continued to produce new music after Moonbyul's departure, but it just wasn't the same for most of the fans.

So when the people heard the news of Byul returning to South Korea, everyone was excited.

But Moonbyul doesn't think there is anyone that could be more excited than her.

On her flight back to South Korea, she played Yongsun and Wheein's sub-unit song on repeat.

It actually charted well; part of it was probably because of the whole fiasco revolving around the song that made it even more appealing for the general public.

It was the first legitimate dating controversy from Mamamoo, but unlike what majority of the fandom expected, it wasn't actually between Moonbyul and Yongsun...

Affectionate photos of Wheein and Moonbyul hinting at what seems definitely more than a regular friendship, started circulating on the internet, just a month after Byul flied to Japan.

One was a low quality photo of Byul and Wheein hugging inside Byul's car.

And the other one was a photo of the two in a secluded restaurant somewhere in Busan; Byul was seen holding up Wheein's chin, as if she's about to kiss Wheein, while her other hand was interlaced with Wheein's.

Some fans believe there was something between the two, and some say that they are just really close friends.

There have been conspiracy theories that Wheein's sad songs were actually inspired by Byul's departure, speculating that the two dated for a while and had broken up. Some claim that Wheein is still in a relationship with Byul, while others think otherwise; convinced that Yongsun and Byul definitely had more proofs that they dated or are still dating.

Mamamoo's management immediately released an official statement denying the issue, with Wheein's permission.

But it didn't stop the general public from talking about it. So when Yongsun and Wheein released a sub-unit song entitled "Angel", everyone had their fair share of opinions about the underlying meaning of the song.

It was right after their meeting with their CEO about the issue regarding Byul and Wheein's pictures that Yongsun had the courage to confront Wheein. It's not like Wheein had made her feel like they weren't on speaking terms; in fact, Wheein acts as if the whole thing with Byul didn't even happen. And for a while Yongsun played along and pretended as if nothing happened, because she thought that it was Wheein's way to cope with the situation. But ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away, and so when the news broke, Yongsun didn't hesitate to address the issue.

Everyone in the meeting room left except for Yongsun, Wheein and Hyejin.

Hyejin noticed how Yongsun kept on stealing glances at Wheein during the meeting. She knew that their leader was probably anticipating to talk to Wheein regarding the issue at hand. And like the good maknae that she is, she excuses herself; giving Yongsun and Wheein an opportunity to talk privately.

"Wheein-ah." Yongsun calls out just before Wheein could leave the room to follow Hyejin.

Wheein was a bit startled at the abruptness of Yongsun's call. "Yes, unnie?" Yongsun looked nervous, making Wheein feel nervous as well.

Yongsun stood up from her chair and took a step closer to Wheein. "I just..." she hesitates whether it was a good time to bring up the issue. "Are you okay?" Yongsun cringed at her own question; Wheein was obviously not okay despite the brave smile that's plastered across her face.

"I could be better." Wheein replied, and Yongsun was taken aback at the honesty that Wheein gave her. "But it's nothing I can't handle." she reassures their leader.

Yongsun didn't expect Wheein to be so honest about it, so she didn't know what to tell Wheein now. "Is it really okay for the management to release a statement denying your relationship with Byul?" she asks carefully.

Wheein chuckles. "I don't see why it should be a big deal. We broke up." Wheein states. "It doesn't matter to me if people found out the truth or not. What matters is that it is real to me; I know that there was a time that she loved me." she states matter-of-factly.

Yongsun could hear the pain in Wheein's voice, but there was also peace. And Wheein did look at peace, regardless of how she really fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter