Last Night

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

When Moonbyul arrived at their apartment she saw Wheein and Hyejin rested on the sofa. Hyejin was already asleep on Wheein's lap while the other girl's eyes were fixated on the tv.

"Byul-unnie." The younger one stood up after gently laying Hyejin's head against a pillow.

"You're still awake." Moonbyul stated. She was aware that it was way past midnight, and Wheein isn't the type of person to stay up late.

"We were waiting for you." Wheein mumbled, and Moonbyul wondered why her friend would be shy to say something so simple.

Much to Wheein's surprise, she felt Moonbyul's arms tightly wrapped around her, as if she might disappear if she ever lets go.

Since Wheein's own arms were wrapped in Moonbyul's embrace and couldn't hug back she just gripped the rapper's shirt with her hands on both sides.

"I thought I was going to die." Moonbyul whispered, sighing in relief as if its her first time finally being able to breathe.

And as much as Wheein is enjoying their contact she pulled away from Moonbyul; concern got the best of her. "What happened?" her voice suddenly full of worry. The thought of not ever seeing Moonbyul flooded in her mind. "I knew we shouldn't have let you drive."

"Hey..." Moonbyul cooed, trying to ease the worry of her friend. "I'm here now. I'm fine." she reassured; she didn't expect Wheein would react this way but she couldn't say she's surprised.

"But you just said you could've died!" Wheein exclaimed.

"No. I said I thought I was going to die." Moonbyul chuckled, amused with how the smaller girl is worried about her. "My tire exploded but I was able to step on the break, okay? I'm fine. I'm here. I'm alive." she says as if her presence in front of Wheein is not enough proof to assure her that she's alive.

"That's not funny." Wheein said, lightly hitting Moonbyul's left arm, she's frustrated at how lightly Byul is taking the situation.

Moonbyul chuckled again, oblivious of the thoughts that flooded Wheein's mind.

"Thank you." Moonbyul said with a soft smile plastered on her face.

"You're crazy." Wheein said in disbelief, she just hit the girl and she's thanking her.

"Thank you for waiting for me tonight." Moonbyul explained. "Thank you for caring about me."

Wheein furrowed her brows. Moonbyul is thanking her for the things friends are supposed to be doing. That should already be a given. She didn't need to thank them for it.

Wheein looked confused, but she doesn't question Moonbyul so she continues. "Thank you for always supporting me, for giving me strength and courage. Thank you for always being there for me. Maybe its the same reason why I take you for granted; because I know you're always gonna be there."

"Unnie..." Wheein wanted to say something but she didn't know what to say. She feels like her heart might explode at any moment; her heart beating erratically against her ribcage.

"You and Hyejin...you guys were there for me when Yongsun and I broke up. I was stubborn and I know I'm hard to deal with but you guys stayed. So thank you for that." Moonbyul almost cried if her eyes didn't run dry from crying so much; she's been crying since she left the party last night.

Wheein on the other hand doesn't seem to be having any problem crying on that moment.

"Wheeinie, don't cry, please." she said as she wipes the other girl's tears with her thumb.

And Wheein just smiled in response, her infamous dimple making an appearance while tears continously flow from her eyes.

Moonbyul didn't know why she had the urge to trace Wheein's dimple, but she did, and the gesture rendered both of them surprised. 

If it were any other time they would've just laughed it off, Wheein would've told Moonbyul that she's being weird again, but in that moment, after Moonbyul just said the words that she said, Wheein undeniably felt as if there was a butterfly sanctuary inside her stomach.

It felt intimate, and it seemed like Moonbyul felt it too because she almost jumped at Hyejin's voice, as if they were caught red handed.

"Ya, what are you guys doing?" the maknae just sat straight up on the couch, her eyes were half closed, her voice was raspier than usual.

"Nothing!" both of them half shouts simultaneously.

Hyejin just raised her eyebrow knowingly and laid back to sleep.

When she lost control of her car she felt her life flash before her eyes.

Memories of her loved ones flooded her mind...like her family but it was mostly about Yongsun but there were lots of memories that included Wheein and Hyejin as well.

Hyejin and Wheein. She suddenly realized how badly she treated her dongsaengs.

Even at the cafe she shrugged them off like they didn't mean as much to her as they actually did.

She remembers how Wheein would always wake her up for breakfast, how Hyejin would actively think of new things for them to do just to distract her from being sad, how they would both tuck her in at night when she's too drunk to take care of herself.

She remembers how she sometimes shout at both Wheein and Hyejin, how she tells them she doesn't need anyone but Yongsun. She remebers how she lets all their effort go to waste but somehow...they stayed by her side.

She takes a mental note to apologize and thank them when she gets back home.

And before she knows it her thoughts were suddenly back at Solar.

How she even brought Eric Nam to their 'privat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter