The Break Up

Always Been You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

"Where are we going?" When Moonbyul arrived at their shared apartment Yongsun was already packing her things. She didn't know they had plans so she was confused.

The older girl stopped what she was doing, the guilt in her movements were obvious. She shakes her head. "Not 'we', Byul. Just me."

"What?" there was a crease that appeared between Byul's brows. She doesn't understand. Sure they had been fighting but they were able to solve those already. They were perfectly fine this morning.

"Byul." She didn't know where to start, just seeing the confusion and hurt on her girlfriend's eyes prevent her from saying the things she's been practicing the whole day. "I don't even know if what l'm doing is right."

Moonbyul shakes her head as if trying to convince herself that this is all just a nightmare. "Look, let's talk about this first, okay?" she then proceeded to unpack Yongsun's clothes from the girl's bag.

"Byul...I can't do this anymore." Yongsun stated, holding both of Moonbyul's hands, stopping her from unpacking her things.

"Yongsun, if this is about your parents again, I understand. But we'll get through this together, okay?" Moonbyul's tone was pleading, she was holding onto Yongsun's clothes as if she could stop the other girl from leaving if she just hold on tight.

"It's easy for you to say that because you're not in my shoes. You don't know what it's like to see-" she remembered the disappointment and hurt that were painted on her parents faces when she finally told them the truth about her and Moonbyul. "...when we debuted and had so much success my parents were finally proud of me, I just don't want that to go to waste."

She loves Moonbyul, so so much, but she loves her parents too. But it wasn't just about that. It was about a lot of things, like their careers; they worked so hard to be where they are now and she didn't know if her relationship is worth risking all of that.

"I know it's hard but we worked so hard to reach where we are now. We're going to get married, remember?" Moonbyul asked with a hope that Solar remembers their promise.

"In Korea?" Solar asked rhetorically. "Byul, we both know that's just wishful thinking." Solar regretted her words as soon as she said it. She heard her own heart break along with Moonbyul's tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Wishful thinking?" Moonbyul stood up, placing her hands on her waist, staring at the ceiling trying to stop her tears from falling down. "Do you really believe that?"

Solar shakes her head. "I don't know...but I know something's wrong." she finally let the tears that she was trying to hold back fall. "It's been five years, and we're still stuck here. In our own little bubble, too afraid of what everyone will say if they ever find out about us. We can't even have our own apartment, we're still living with Wheein and Hyejin just so no one would speculate."

"I thought we were happy." Moonbyul stated, the sadness and disbelief in her voice was evident. "You seemed happy." she shakes her head, making sense of why she didn't see this coming, of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter