Chapter Two

Silent Fever

Chapter Two

Seokjin sat down heavily onto one of the chairs in his room, sinking into the soft, plush cushions. The others had all followed him and Yoongi into their shared room. The youngest three members were also sharing a room, leaving Hoseok and Namjoon to share another. Taehyung and Jungkook made a  beeline for Seokjin’s bed, shoes off and on it within seconds. Jimin sat on the side of Yoongi’s bed, while the man himself sat on the chair at the desk, scrolling through his phone.

"Jimin," Hoseok almost whined as he latched onto the younger member. Pulling him to lay on the bed and curling around him.

Seokjin looked at him, he could see a slight flush on his face, "Hobi?" he questioned, getting up and going over to him, "You all right?" he asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and reaching down. He placed the back of his hand on Hoseok’s forehead. He could barely feel the slight heat coming from him.

"Cold," he muttered, snuggling closer to Jimin.

"What's wrong?" he tried again, brushing the dark hair away from Hoseok’s closed eyes.

"Just cold and really tired," Hoseok complained slightly, turning his head to sneeze into the crook of his elbow.

"A cold," Seokjin sighed, there was a small sneeze from behind him. He glanced around, spying a sheepish look on Namjoon's face. "You as well?" he asked.

"Think so," Namjoon admitted, "Started just before we went on, though feeling a lot worse now."

"Hmm," Hoseok hummed in agreement from where he was cuddled up against Jimin.

"No doubt there were some fans over the last few days that have had colds, surprised more of us haven’t come down with something. We usually do," Yoongi said, looking irritated that Hoseok had taken over his bed with Jimin.

"Do we have any cold medicine?" Seokjin asked, glancing around the room.

Taehyung shook his head, "No, I think we forgot them, though there should be some shops close that by would still be open.  They may have something in stock."

Seokjin nodded, "All right, come on you two, bed," he said, helping Hoseok from the bed, much to the younger one's protests.

Namjoon sighed, but followed his hyung's orders and got up. The others watched as they left the room. "You don't have to come and tuck us in Jin-hyung," he pointed out.

"Just want to make sure you get into bed," Seokjin said, glancing behind him.

"Couldn't I have just stayed where I was, hyung?" Hoseok complained.

"No," he answered, "I don't think Yoongi would have been happy with you taking his bed."

They reached the double room, Namjoon unlocking it and leading the way inside. Yawning Namjoon went over to the table and tossed the keycard on it, “We can get in bed ourselves Hyung,” he smiled.

“Go and get ready, both of you,” Seokjin shooed them, walking over to the beds as the two sighed behind him and grabbed their things. Hoseok beating Namjoon to the bathroom.

“Aish,” Namjoon muttered under his breath.

Seokjin gave a small snort, coughing a little as it irritated his throat, “Need to be quicker, Joonie.”

Namjoon snorted, sitting down on a chair and looking at his hyung as he turned down the bed. “We can do that ourselves you know.”

Seokjin didn’t look up as he finished with Namjoon’s bed, “I know.”

“All yours,” Hoseok said as he walked out of the bathroom, Namjoon darting into the bathroom as the other went over to his bed. Give a small shake of his head he climbed in and pulled the covers up.

Seokjin walked over to Hoseok’s bed. "You're a little warm, but I'll make sure to get something for that when I'm out," he said. 

“Thank Hyung, but we can always get something in the morning instead,” he suggested.

Shaking his head he replied, “I’d rather you have something now,” thinking to himself that it might be an idea to get something for his throat and cough if he was going to be performing tomorrow night as well.

Hoseok frowned, “Are you sure, it wouldn't hurt?”

“I’m sure,” he answered, turning to watch Namjoon come out of the bathroom, tissue in hand and sneezing as he headed towards the bed.

"You really are a mother hen at times," Namjoon complained, though it was softened by the smile on his face as he looked to his hyung.

"Someone has to make sure you all take care of yourselves," he smiled. Nodding to himself when the two of them were in bed, "I'll be back in a bit, all right," he told them, he heard them murmuring agreements as he grabbed one of the extra key cards from the table and putting it in his pocket. 

Seokjin thought about going to grab his coat from his room. Shaking his head, he headed towards the lift instead, he wouldn't be long and it wasn't really that cold outside. Entering the lift and pressing the button for the ground floor, he brought out his phone and found the nearest store was where he could get some medicine for them all.

Seokjin followed the directions and walked inside, coughing a little at the change in temperature. It had been colder outside that he had thought it was. Heading to the aisle where the medicines were located, he frowned, speaking Japanese was hard, but he had no clue with the kanji. Pulling out his phone and bringing up a translation app it took him a little longer than planned to find what he needed. Going to the counter he quickly paid, grateful that he hadn’t been spotted by a fan.

Seokjin ran back to the hotel, not stopping until he was in the lift and heading towards the floor. Leaning against the back of the lift, he stood there for a number of minutes cough and trying to get his breath back. Shivering slightly from how cold he had become when outside. It took him another ten minutes before he finally left the lift and headed down the hallway.  He let himself back into Namjoon's room, hearing the two of them talking quietly, though he could hear the tiredness in their voices as he walked in

"Back," he called out, grabbing two bottles of water that were on the table, he went over to Hoseok first and handed over some cold medicine he had brought, "take these," he said, "they are the drowsy ones, so this should help you sleep as well. And for the blocked nose," he added.

"Thanks," Hoseok smiled, taking the medicine.

Moving over to Namjoon, the leader of the group held out his hand, giving Seokjin a look, "You need to be at your best. Tomorrow is our last concert."

"I know," Namjoon said, turning his head and grabbing a tissue as he sneezed, "Damn."

"Language," Seokjin automatically scolded.

"You don't have to censor us all the time," Namjoon reminded him, quickly swallowing the tablets.

"I know," he snorted, covering his mouth as he began to cough.

"Sounds like we aren't the only ones not feeling well," Hoseok pointed out from where he lay.

Seokjin turned to him, "I'm fine, just a little cough from the water earlier. It really irritated my throat."

Hoseok and Namjoon just looked at him, both of them didn't believe him. "Take something for it," Namjoon spoke up.

"I will," Seokjin sighed, giving another small cough. "Right, get some sleep and I'll see you in the morning. I might come and check on you during the night. But if you need me before them, just call my phone. I'll take a keycard with me as well," he finished.

"We'll be fine during the night Jin-hyung," Hoseok told him, snuggling down in his bed a little more.

"Hmm," he hummed, not saying anything either way. Grabbing the rest of the medication he had brought, he left the room, closing the door behind him. It didn't take him long to reach his own room, frowning when he noticed the maknae line nowhere in sight.

"Thought it would be best to kick them to bed before you got back. Though next time you’re going to go out, tell me please, hyung,”," Yoongi said from where he was relaxing on his bed reading a book.

"It didn't take me long," Seokjin protested as into the bathroom, taking the cough medicine he had bought for himself with him.

Yoongi followed him to the bathroom, standing in the doorway, "You know you don't have to hide that you're not well," he told him.

Seokjin jumped a little, breath catching in his throat as he started coughing. Yoongi went over, rubbing his back. "Sorry," he finally breathed.

"How long?" he asked, letting the other take some of the cough syrup he had brought.

"A day or so," Seokjin tried to lie, grimacing at the taste of the syrup.

Yoongi gave him a look, "I know it's been longer than that."

The other sagged a little, "Almost a week," he admitted.

"Why didn't you say something before?"

"Because I just wanted to get through the rest of the tour, have some fun. When this is over we've got at least a week before we have to go back to the studio," he said, leaving the bathroom and grabbing a bottle of water as he headed to his bed.

Yoongi watched, "You should have told us, we could have gotten you out of the fan signings at least."

"I'm not doing that. I'll rest up tonight and tomorrow morning, and I'll make sure Namjoon and Hoseok do the same. I know we all want to go to the fan signing. But I don't know if they should go, I'll call Manager-nim tomorrow morning and ask what we should do." Toeing off his shoes, sitting on the edge of the bed and looking towards the window

"I'll call him," Yoongi said, "Just get some sleep," he told him, heading out of the room.

Seokjin nodded, getting up to change as Yoongi closed the door to their room behind him. Getting back into bed, he settled down under the covers. His body quickly sagging into the mattress. It didn't take him long to fall asleep, not even waking when Yoongi reentered the room and got ready for bed as well some ten minutes later.