Chapter Seven

Silent Fever

Chapter Seven

Seokjin pulled out his keycard and unlocked the door. Walking in he looked around. A little surprised to find almost everyone already gathered in the room. They still had around half an hour before they would be taken to the venue to warm up and get ready. A light meal would be supplied while they were there. Though Seokjin wondered how many of them would actually have anything to eat.

"Hey," Seokjin greeted them, his voice cracking as he spoke. He winced as he noted the worried looks aimed at him.

"You alright?" Namjoon asked him, getting up and walking over to him.

Seokjin nodded, "Yes, I'm fine. Just a little out of breath," he admitted, not saying anything about getting waylaid by fans.

"You sure?" Yoongi asked from where he was relaxing on his bed, Jungkook sitting on the end of it.

"Yeah," he smiled, placing the bag on the table and going over to his bed. Namjoon followed him as the two of them sat down.

"You sound really out of breath Jin-hyung," Hoseok said softly from where he was sat on one of the armchairs in the room.

Seokjin turned to him, settling against the headboard of the bed, "I'm okay, and yes a little out of breath, but fine," he reassured him.

Hoseok and the others didn't believe him. "Okay," he said, still worried.

"Where are Taehyung and Jimin?" Seokjin asked as he noted that the two of them wasn't there.

"Taehyung is getting ready, he was hard to wake up," Jungkook answered, "The two will be here soon."

"Okay," he smiled, closing his eyes and letting himself drift for a while. He could hear the others beginning to talk around him. It was only a few minutes later when Jungkook's phone began to beep incessantly with notifications.

"What's going on with your phone?" Yoongi asked, annoyed at the noise.

"Hang on, hyung," Jungkook said as he pulled his phone out and began to check them, his eyes widened as he began to read through something.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked, seeing the look on the maknae's face.

"I... I think you need to see for yourself," he answered, handing him the phone. Everyone turned to Namjoon as he took it and began to read through the feed.

"Ah," Namjoon said after a few minutes. He glanced back at the dozing Seokjin.

"What's it about?" Yoongi asked, getting a little impatient.

"Jin-hyung went out to get some more medicine for everyone earlier," Jungkook began, "It looks like a few fans were able to get pictures of him as he got back to the hotel, and another was posting about what he had brought."

"So people know that one or two of us are ill?" Hoseok asked, glancing to Namjoon as he handed Yoongi the phone so he could read what was being said as well.

"Yeah, and they believe that it's Seokjin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung," he answered.

Hoseok waited until he could take the phone before saying anything else, "They have pictures of Seokjin coughing in a lift, that..."

"Would have been just," Namjoon finished, sending Seokjin a worried look.

Seokjin to his side, sleeping as someone knocked on the door. Jungkook jumped up and rushed to open the door, letting Taehyung and Jimin into the room. He put a finger to his lips before either of them could say anything and let them inside, closing the door behind them.

"What's up?" Jimin asked quietly as they walked in.

"Seokjin-hyung's sleeping," Jungkook answered.

"Right," Taehyung said softly, still tired himself as he made his way over to Yoongi's bed and joined the elder by lying on it.

"Aish," Yoongi muttered as Taehyung curled up against him. The rapper ran his hand through the singer's hair, "You okay?" he asked softly.

Taehyung gave a small nod, "Yeah, just feel tired still."

"What's going on?" Jimin asked as he saw the worried looks on the others faces as he settled on the chair by the desk. Jungkook going back to sitting at the end of Yoongi's bed.

"Some of our fans spotted Seokjin-hyung as he went to get the medication," Namjoon answered, "They took his picture as he got into the hotel and someone posted about what he brought."

"I knew I should have gone with him," Jungkook muttered to himself as he looked down at his clasped hands in his lap.

Hoseok got up and went over to the maknae and held him, "You know you couldn't have stopped anything like this from happening. It would have happened with the both of you."

"I... I know. I just don't like the thought of him getting caught alone like that," he said, wrapping his arms around his hyung.

"So what are we to do?" Taehyung asked from where he was curled up.

"I don't really think that we would be able to do anything. It's already out there, and the picture of Seokjin-hyung coughing as he got in the lift and the video of it as well," Namjoon paused for a moment, "Well, they know about that. And they mentioned at the fan meeting that Yoongi-hyung and Tae went back a few times and that Seokjin-hyung left a little early."

"So, there is no chance to hide things," Yoongi nodded as Jungkook finally got his phone back after Jimin had quickly read through what had been posted.

"No," Namjoon shook his head, looking over at Seokjin, who was curled up on his side. He didn't look well, pale, but there was a flush on his checks. Reaching out a hand he checked Seokjin's temperature. "He's burning up," he said, looking to the others.

"I think we should seriously consider making him stay here," Yoongi said, wondering what Namjoon thought about the suggestion.

Namjoon nodded, "Yeah, I think I should talk to Sejin-hyungnim and Seokjin-hyung," he sighed, sitting up straight, but keeping an eye on Seokjin.

"I don't think he will," Taehyung said, sitting up, but still curled around Yoongi.

Yoongi nodded, "Same," he muttered, "But I'd rather try."

"Yeah," Jungkook agreed.

"Right, how is everyone else feeling?" Namjoon asked, glancing towards Yoongi and Taehyung.

"I'm okay, I took something for the sickness," Yoongi answered, looking down at Taehyung, "You?"

"Same here, hyung," Taehyung smiled, "Stomach hurts a little though."

Jimin got up and went over to the bag and looked through it. "Something for fevers, colds, blocked noses, sickness, pain meds," he nodded, "He brought enough to last us today, tomorrow and the day after."

There was a knock at the door and Jungkook extracted himself from where he was still held in Hoseok's arms. "I'll get it," he said heading over and opening it.

Sejin walked in and looked at the group of young men, "Is everyone ready to leave?"

"Seokjin-hyung's sleeping," Jungkook said, glancing at Yoongi and Namjoon.

"We are thinking about trying to make him stay here instead of coming to the concert. I know it will be last minute, but," Namjoon paused, looking at Yoongi for help.

"He has a fever at the moment, and he keeps coughing," Yoongi began, "I think he has been having some trouble breathing."

"You can hear it," Jimin said, as the room went silent. They could all hear the high wheeze that came from Seokjin as he breathed.

Sejin nodded, "What does Seokjin say?"

"We haven't discussed it with him yet, we wanted to let him rest as much as he could, just in case he wanted to go still," Hoseok answered.

"Then I suggest you wake him and talk to him, as soon as he has made a decision, I'll do what I can," Sejin smiled to them, "When you're done, meet me downstairs. Oh and I saw the footage, so if he doesn't go on stage, the fans will understand," he pointed out.

"I've been reading the comments," Jimin said, from where he was sat.

"What have they been saying?" Yoongi asked.

"A lot of them are wondering if he will be performing tonight, especially after he was pulled from the signing near the end," he replied, looking up from his phone screen.

Sejin smiled, "I'll be downstairs waiting," he told them once more as he walked out of the room.

"I'll wake Seokjin-hyung," Namjoon said, "You guys head down. I'll talk to him as well."

"Alright," Yoongi nodded, waiting for Taehyung to let him go before he got off the bed, "I think the rest of us can survive on stage," he said, looking to Hoseok as he blew his nose and Taehyung, who still looked a little pale.

Taehyung nodded, "I'll be fine," he smiled.

Hoseok nodded his head, throwing away the tissue, "Think we should take those with us though. We may need them," he pointed out.

Yoongi nodded, grabbing his backpack and putting them inside, "Would be better to hide them a little," he said, as he got looks from the others.

Namjoon waited until everyone was out of the room before he began to try and wake Seokjin up. "Jin-hyung," he called out softly, running a hand through the dark hair. "Jinnie," he called out again.

Seokjin slowly woke up, "Joonie?" he asked as the other came into focus.

"Yeah, the others are downstairs," he smiled, he took a moment as he watched Seokjin sit up and looked around the room.

"Right," he said, starting to get off the bed, only to stop when he began to cough. A second later he was running from the bed and into the bathroom.

Namjoon blinked and then quickly followed. He winced as the sound of retching came from the bathroom. He walked in and knelt down, rubbing Seokjin's back once more.  It took a few minutes before he stopped, getting up and washing his mouth out.

"Sorry," Seokjin said softly, his voice scratchy.

"Don't worry about it hyung," Namjoon smiled at him. Making a face he sighed, "Do you want to stay here?"

Seokjin frowned as he walked out of the bathroom, "Stay here?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "Hyung, you're not well, you have a fever, I can feel that. Also, the cough is really bad, you're throwing up as well," he pointed out.

Seokjin turned, a steely look in his eyes, "Joonie, I know you're concerned for me. But-"

"Yes, I concerned," Namjoon cut him off, "We all are, Tae and Yoongi are ill, I-" he was cut off himself when he sneezed twice, "Myself and Hoseok are the same."

"Yes, and the four of you are going on stage yes?" he questioned, giving the younger man a glare.

"Yeah," he sighed.

"Then so am I," he said, "Now let's go join the others."

Namjoon took a breath, "Fine, just... take it easy. If you feel unwell, get off the stage."

Seokjin said nothing but gave a sharp nod. Namjoon had a feeling he was going to ignore that bit of advice. The two left the room and headed down to the others. Namjoon constantly looking at Seokjin, making sure that he was alright. The flush on his checks was still there, while he could see that the rest of him was extremely pale. The joined the others, Namjoon gave a shake of his head. And the other knew that he had been unsuccessful in getting Seokjin to remain at the hotel.

Sejin sighed, he had a feeling that Seokjin wouldn't back out. He smiled and walked with them to the van. Settling in the driver's seat as they all climbed in. Sejin started the van up and headed towards the venue. He had a feeling it was going to be a long night.