Chapter Fifteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Fifteen

Namjoon sat down in the window seat, eyes already slipping closed. He felt sick and his head was spinning again. Though he hadn't thrown up in a while, he just hoped that would last the flight home. Seokjin put their things in the overhead, checking to make sure that their medicine was in there and easily reachable. Sitting down and buckling up, he reminded Namjoon to do the same. Closing his eyes he let the noise of the cabin wash over him. He just wanted to sleep, his stomach was churning and his chest felt tight.

"Let's hope the flight goes quickly," Namjoon murmured as the plane began to take off.

"Agreed," Seokjin wheezed.

The two of them winced when they heard Jimin being sick though takeoff. The two closed their eyes, hoping that they would be able to get a little sleep while in the air. Both of them needed it. The noise of Kookie rushing to the bathroom with Hoseok and Yoongi following him brought them out of the light doze they had fallen in.

"Maybe I should try and get a little work done," Namjoon wondered as he glanced upwards, he knew that his laptop was in the bag, and there were a couple of songs he could work on while in the air.

"No, leave it be and just try and sleep Joonie," Seokjin said, giving the younger a small glare.

Namjoon opened his mouth to protest but snapped it shut when he saw the look Seokjin was sending him, "Okay, I'll try and get some sleep," he sighed. He hated being on a flight and not doing something, even if it was just reading. He didn't mind sleeping, but with how he felt, he didn't think he would be able to get much.

"Good," he nodded, a small smile on face, settling back he tried to doze off.

"Jin-hyung!" came Taehyung's frantic yell.

Seokjin jumped up and rushed to the back, "What is it?" he asked, kneeling down to look at Taehyung's wide eyes.

"I think he has a temperature, he's really warm," he answered, sending Seokjin a frantic look.

Seokjin reached out and felt his forehead, it was warm, a lot warmer than it should be. He cursed himself for nothing thinking about getting a thermometer before they left. "Wake him up, I'll get him to take something," he said, getting up and going back to his own row.

"What's wrong hyung?" Namjoon asked glancing up at the worried hyung.

"Jimin has a temperature, I'm just getting him something to take," he answered, going into the overhead compartment and grabbing his bag. It didn't take long to find the fever tablets and grab two from the blister pack.

"Okay," Namjoon said. Seokjin smiled softly, grabbing a spare bottle of water he went back to Jimin and Taehyung.

Seokjin saw that Jimin was awake, but he didn't look happy about it, "Need you to take these and then you can go back to sleep,” Seokjin spoke softly, coaxing the younger to take the medication.

Jimin huffed a little as he took the water bottle and opened it, grimacing as the tablets were placed in his hand. He took them, pulling a face as he swallowed them, drinking some of the water. He took a few more sips before handing the bottle to Taehyung.

Seokjin smiled softly, looking at Taehyung he said, "It's not too bad, and the medication should help, but if he gets worse, call me."

Taehyung nodded, "I will." Seokjin watched for a moment as Jimin curled up against Taehyung once more, quickly slipping into sleep.

Seokjin went back to his seat and sat down. Namjoon opened his eyes and asked softly, “How is he?”

“He’s okay, a little grumpy when he woke up. But he’s gone straight back to sleep,” he answered.

“That's good,” he said, pulling out a tissue and blowing his nose again, wiggling it a few times, “I hate it when my nose runs,” he complained.

Seokjin snorted, coughing a little afterwards, “I think everyone hates that,” he rolled his eyes, rubbing his fist on his chest, hating the tightness that he felt.

“You okay?” Namjoon asked, concerned for the elder.

Seokjin glanced at him, “Yeah, I’m okay Joonie. Can’t wait to get home and go to sleep in my own bed.”

“Hmmm,” he said, looking towards the window, staring out at the clouds that were going by. He wanted to try and see if he could talk the other into going to the hospital. Seokjin watched him for a moment, seeing Namjoon’s eyes closing and opening slowly, he smiled and leaned back against his seat, relaxing. Only to be disturbed when something banged into the back of his seat. Worried eyes watched as Jungkook rushed past him. Moments later Hoseok followed.

“Poor thing,” he whispered as he felt a head rest on his shoulder. Looking down, he gave a little smile as he saw that Namjoon was now asleep and leaning against him. Closing his eyes, he rested, hearing Jungkook and Hoseok come back as the three murmured to each other and changed their seating order.

Seokjin shifted in his seat, his stomach was beginning to hurt. Shifting again he gently moved Namjoon so he could lean more against the side of the plane. Seokjin breathed deeply, only to cough. Clutching his stomach. The sick feeling rising in his throat. Clasping a hand over his mouth he jumped up from his seat and ran towards the bathroom. Slamming open the door, and trying to close it behind him. 

Seokjin was throwing up when the door to the bathroom opened. He turned, looking at Yoongi as he tried to speak, “Y-” he turned to the toilet just in time as he began to throw up the little water he had that day.

“Didn’t want to leave you alone,” Yoongi said softly. Seokjin felt a calming hand rubbing up and down his back as he continued to throw up.

“I hate being sick,” he said as he leaned away from the toilet, reaching up to flush it. 

Yoongi snorted, “I think we all do.” Standing up he pulled Seokjin to his feet and helped him over to the sink.

As he started to clean himself up, he started to cough. Leaning against the sink he vaguely heard Yoongi curse beside him. Hands holding him up, stopping him from falling. “So… sorry,” Seokjin gasped, as he finished, trying to pull enough air into his lungs as they burned.

“You all right to go back?” Yoongi asked, worried about his friend.

Seokjin nodded. He was shaking and felt so tired, he hoped when he got back to his seat he would finally be able to drift off to sleep. Yoongi unlocked the door as he let Seokjin lean against him as they made their way back to their seats. Helping Seokjin sit-down, Namjoon’s eyes opened.

“What’s wrong?” Namjoon asked groggily as Yoongi went back to his seat.

“Just not feeling well,” Seokjin tried to brush it aside. He could see the sceptical look on the rappers face.

“You sure?” he asked, trying to get the other to talk to him.

“I feel tired Namjoon, just like everyone else,” he whispered, smiling softly and closing his eyes, letting himself drift between wakefulness and sleep.

Namjoon sighed, “Wish you would talk with me,” he said softly as he got up and leaned over Seokjin carefully to pull a book out of his bag in the overhead. He didn’t think he could sleep again just yet. He felt too bunged up.

Namjoon frowned as he heard something behind him, only to see Yoongi rushing past. Seokjin opened his eyes as Hoseok was going past. “I’m going to check up on the others,” he said, getting up from his seat. Namjoon opened his mouth to protest, but closed it when he realised that Seokjin wouldn’t listen to him.

Seokjin looked at Jungkook, the maknae was sitting, curled up in a seat leaning against the back of it. Sitting down he turned to face Jungkook, the young singer's eyes opening and looking at him.

“You okay Kook-ah?” he asked softly, reaching forwards and moving the sweaty hair out of tired brown eyes.

Jungkook nodded, “Yeah, tired,” he muttered, letting his head fall against the back again.

“You don’t feel too warm at the moment,” he smiled, he felt a tickle in his throat and turned his head to cough. His eyes widened as his started wheezing a little.

“I feel a bit better than I did this morning,” he said, putting a small smile on his face to try and hide his worry for his hyung. “You okay?”

Seokjin tried to control his breathing a little, “I’m all right, a little breathless, but fine,” he reassured him, getting up as he saw Yoongi and Hoseok coming back. He could still see the frown on the youngers face as he moved over to Taehyung and Jimin’s row and checked in on the two of them. They were both sleeping, peaceful looks on their faces. Walking back to his seat he sat down.

Seokjin fell asleep only to jolt awake when his chest seized up on him making it difficult for him to breath. As soon as he woke he started coughing. He felt hands and arms go around him as his world tilted. He struggled to pull in any air between coughs. What was only minutes, felt like hours to Seokjin as he finished. He lay wheezing and shaking in Namjoon’s arms.

“We really need to get him to the hospital,” Yoongi’s voice sounded distance as Seokjin tried to keep up with what was being said.

“I’ve asked for a car to meet us as the airport,” this time it was Sejin that was talking. “I’ll be taking him to the hospital, the rest of you will be going back to the dorm to rest.”

“Good, he should have gone before yesterday’s concert,” Namjoon sighed, tightening his arms around Seokjin and moving him slightly so that he could rest against Namjoon better. “I’m going with you,” he added, looking up from Seokjin to their manager.

Sejin shook his head, “No, I’ll be going alone with him, it will be fine Namjoon.”

“I think one of us should go with you,” Yoongi argued.

Seokjin took a shaky breath, trying to sit up, but failing in moving any further that settling deeper into Namjoon’s arms.

“I know you would like to, but I’d rather you all go home, and I know that Seokjin would like you to do so as well,” Sejin pointed out, Seokjin mentally nodding along in agreement of their manager's words.

“We’ll see what he is like when we land. If he is still out of it like this,” Namjoon began, moving Seokjin a little in his arms, “Then one of us is coming to help.”

“All right. Yoongi, go and sit back down, we should be landing soon,” Sejin spoke softly, knowing that they were all worried about their hyung. 

“Come on hyung,” Namjoon said softly as the other left. “Let’s get you seated properly.

Seokjin just let Namjoon move him, he had no energy left at all. Vision blurred around him as the world spun. Namjoon buckled him in and then buckled himself in. He looked concerned at Seokjin, worried as his breathing still sounded strained as the plane finally began to descend.