Chapter Seventeen

Silent Fever

Chapter Seventeen

 

Seokjin moved the bags all into one hand. He had looked in the kitchen, and while there were some things in there, there wasn't enough to last them more than that morning. He fished out his keys to the apartment out of his pocket and was about to unlock the door when it swung open. Eyes glaring at him as he stood there, key raised.

 

"Namjoon-ah," Seokjin greeted him.

 

"Inside please," he said, sighing and trying to remain polite, "Hyung."

 

"Help me with these?" he asked, holding up four bags.

 

Grabbing all of them, he left his hyung in the doorway. Seokjin sighed, coughing lightly as he took off his coat and shoes. Slipping into his slippers and following he watched as Namjoon stood there muttering to himself as he began putting things away. Seokjin joined him, not saying a thing. He knew he shouldn't have gone out without telling them where he was going. But he had woken up early and couldn't sleep anymore.

 

"So you went shopping?" Namjoon asked, though he, of course, knew the answer.

 

"Yes, I woke up early," he answered, putting away some milk into the fridge.

 

"And you couldn't wake one of us to go with you? Or wait for one of us?" he asked, glancing at him out of the corner of his eyes as he continued to put things away.

 

"I thought I could just get it out the way and make sure that we have all we needed in," answering Seokjin grabbed the kettle and put it on. His throat was beginning to hurt from the coughing he had done while he had been out.

 

"Seokjin-hyung," Namjoon began, "You're ill, you were told that you needed to rest."

 

"And I will, when I know-" Seokjin began, only to be cut off.

 

"Hyung," Yoongi said as he walked into the kitchen, "You look flushed, out of breath and like you are about to drop. I suggest going into the living room and sitting down. Namjoon-ah, make sure he rests."

 

"Hyung," Namjoon said, looking to Seokjin.

 

The eldest looked between the two, "I am going to make myself a drink."

 

"I'll do that, I want to talk to you," Yoongi said, watching as Namjoon led Seokjin out of the kitchen.

 

"I may be ill, but that doesn't mean I can't do anything," Seokjin complained as he sat down on the sofa. He would never admit it aloud, but he was grateful to be sitting down. He was starting to feel a little dizzy.

 

Seeing Seokjin close his eyes, Namjoon moved closer, placing a hand on his forehead, "Your fevers up again," he said softly. "I'll get your medication." Getting up he quickly went to Seokjin and Yoongi bedroom. Grabbing the bag of medicine that was on the dresser.

 

Namjoon arrived back as Yoongi walked into the living room, three mugs gripped in his hands. Putting them down, Yoongi sat down on a chair and Namjoon retook his spot next to Seokjin.

 

"Thanks," Seokjin said softly, reaching out and taking the tea with honey and sipping it slowly. "Better," he smiled as it helped to soothe his throat.

 

"Okay," Yoongi began, looking at his hyung, "If you had to go somewhere, and because we are all unwell, that you should have woken one of us to go with you. I know you think it will be fine. But what if something had happened hyung?" he finished calmly.

 

Seokjin was silent for a while, mulling over the words that Yoongi had spoken. "Okay, I get why you are... angry at me," he sighed, leaning his head back. "But you all need rest as well," he said softly, "I know everyone is drained after the last couple of weeks, with touring, practice and then all of us coming down with something. I just want you all to rest."

 

"At the moment, you need the rest more," Namjoon said, pulling over the medication for Seokjin's fever and his antibiotics, "Here, take these," he said, handing them over.

 

Seokjin looked to them, taking them, "But sometimes I feel fine, I felt fine when I got up."

 

"Yeah, but you had just woken up, everyone always feels a lot better after sleeping," Namjoon said, leaning back.

 

The three turned when they heard someone sneezing behind them, "Hey," Hoseok said, blowing his nose as he walked over, "What's going on?" asking, seeing the serious looks on their faces.

 

Yoongi quickly filled the young dancer in, ending with "We're just making sure he doesn't do it again."

 

"Okay," he nodded, getting up, "Think I'm going to get a drink as well," he mumbled. He looked tired and barely looked like he could stand as he left the room.

 

"I think something easy to eat and drink and then back to bed with everyone?" Seokjin suggested, looking at Yoongi, who looked drawn and even more pale than usual. Even Namjoon was pale and slumped in his seat.

 

"I think we should make a load of food now that each of us can just heat up if we want something," Yoongi suggested.

 

"Good idea," Seokjin nodded, getting up, "Let's do that now," he said, taking a step towards the kitchen, only to wobble a little as he stood.

 

Namjoon reached out as he stood, steadying the older man, "You all right?" he asked, worried.

 

"Stood up too fast," he replied, waving off the concern from his friends.

 

"Where are you going?" Hoseok asked from where he stood in the doorway.

 

"We're going to cook up a load of food so that everyone only has to warm something up if they feel like eating. I know I don't want to cook feeling like this," Yoongi answered.

 

Hoseok nodded, going back into the kitchen and sitting at the island drinking his tea. Namjoon joined him as Yoongi and Seokjin worked together to make a number of meals that could be frozen and warmed up later when needed.

 

"Right, Sejin-hyung has managed to get us all a number of appointments this afternoon," Namjoon said, remembering why he had woken earlier than he wanted to.

 

"Wow, we've been asleep for ages," came a voice from the living room.

 

"I know," came a tired voice.

 

"Go and sit down," Namjoon called out as he got up to make the maknae line drinks.

 

"Best tell them about their appointments," Yoongi advised as he began to portion out the food he was making into tubs.

 

Namjoon nodded, made the drinks as the two eldest continued to cook. Hoseok got up and began to put everything away as they were finished.

 

XxXxX

 

The sun was beginning to set when the door to the dorm opened once more. This time they were coming back from the doctors. Each of them had something to help them with whatever it was that was making them ill. Though most were to help with the symptoms.

 

Seokjin looked up from where he was sat, curled up on the sofa, reading. "How did it all go?" he asked, his voice tired and scratchy.

 

"All right," Jungkook said as he walked over and sat down on the sofa, curling up against his hyung.

 

"We have a stomach bug, but we knew that," Yoongi said, gesturing to himself, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook.

 

"We have the flu," Hoseok said, sinking down into a chair and curling up as best as he could in it. He was tired and wanted nothing more than to go to bed and sleep.

 

Namjoon gave a nod, falling onto another sofa, closing his eyes, "We've been given something to help with any problems." he said, gesturing to the bag that Jimin was putting down on the coffee table.

 

"Namjoon also has the stomach bug as well, just like you Seokjin-hyung," Jimin said as he and Taehyung settled down on the sofa with Namjoon.

 

"So the light food we did this morning should be all right for you all to eat?" Seokjin asked them in turn.

 

Yoongi nodded, "Yeah, it was mostly light food that doesn't settle on the stomach to heavily," sitting down, he felt drained, he had thrown up before he had left, and his stomach still didn't feel settled.

 

"Do any of you want anything?" Seokjin asked, voice cracking a little.

 

"I just want something to drink," Jimin said, "But I can get that myself."
 

"Sit down Jiminie," Seokjin said, getting up and giving Jimin a glare, "I'll get it, the rest of you?" he asked, heading towards the kitchen.

 

Jungkook grumbled about having to move and leaned against Yoongi who had sat on his other side. "Nothing for me thank you!" he called out, closing his eyes and sighing contentedly as Yoongi wrapped an arm around him.

 

Seokjin waited and got what everyone wanted, most of them just wanting water and the rest of them wanted tea. Coming back, he could see that everyone was tired and ready for a very early night again. Handing out the drinks he sat down, he had added honey to his again, hoping it would help the soreness he was feeling in his throat.

 

Taehyung got up, "Let's watch a film?" he suggested.

 

The others nodded, it took a while before they settled on something they would all watch. Curling backup to drink his honeyed tea, he watched as people cuddled and pouted a little as he wanted to cuddle with Namjoon. Hoseok looked at him, "Change seats with me?" he asked.

 

Seokjin nodded, getting up and moving over to the chair, it was slightly closer to Namjoon. "Press play," he said to Taehyung, who had the remote in his hand.

 

The young singer nodded and pressed play, letting the film run. Seokjin settled back into the armchair. Namjoon leaned a little closer and with a quiet whispered, "Room for me on there?" he asked.

 

Seokjin was a little startled but a shy smile graced his face and he nodded, "If I sit on your lap," he replied.

 

"That's fine," grinning back. Namjoon got up and went over to the chair, letting Seokjin stand up and sitting down. Soon enough Seokjin was wrapped in his arms, settling against his shoulder, he carried on watching the film, a hand running up and down his arm.