Chapter Sixteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Sixteen

 

They were free from the plane and heading through the airport to the waiting vehicles. Seokjin had been told about what was going to happen, he wasn’t happy since all he wanted to do was to go home and sleep in his own bed. Jungkook was walking with him. Namjoon hovering behind him. Seokjin could admit that he was feeling tired and dizzy as he walked. Concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other, he didn’t realise that the crowd was getting even pushier than normal.

 

“Hyung!” Namjoon called out when a large surge moved around them.

 

Seokjin looked up just in time to see a few fans crash into his side. He fell against one of the airport's signs. Hitting his head and arm before falling to the ground. He tried to stop himself reaching out a hand to break a fall, only to cry out in pain when he landed on it wrong.

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook said as he managed to keep himself standing from the moving fans around them.

 

“Ko-” he started only to be cut off when he was moved.

 

“Sorry,” Jungkook said as he helped his hyung to his feet. Security was already around them, helping to move the crowd of fans on. “This is worse than normal,” he commented softly, as he looked at the number of fans that were around.

 

“Hmm,” Seokjin said, leaning against Jungkook a bit. He was feeling dizzy and now his head was hurting. He reached up and frowned when he felt something wet. “Oh,” he said as he brought it down and saw the red liquid on the tips of his fingers.

 

“,” Jungkook swore.

 

“Lan… language,” he admonished as Namjoon rushed towards them, the others all doing the same until the five of them were surrounding the youngest and eldest.

 

“You all right?” Namjoon asked, placing a hand on Seokjin’s elbow.

 

“I… I don’t know,” he admitted, he was in pain, the world around him was spinning, he was too tired to think.

 

“Oh,” Jimin said, eyes wide as he saw the blood beginning to peek through Seokjin’s bangs.

 

Yoongi looked at what Jimin was seeing and moved closer, moving aside Seokjin’s hair he could see part of a cut that started on his forehead and ended in his hair, “Okay,” he said. “We got anything for that?” he asked.

 

Hoseok went into his bag brought out an unopened packet of tissues, “Just these,” he said, holding them out.

 

Yoongi took them, “They’ll do,” he said, opening the pack and pulling one out, “Hyung,” he said, moving closer and moving the hair away again. Pressing it down, Seokjin gave a small hiss at the sudden pain.

 

“Anything else?” Taehyung asked, worriedly.

 

“I think he hurt himself when he fell, I know I heard him cry out,” Jungkook answered for him since Seokjin wasn’t really responding to them.

 

Hoseok moved a little closer and looked at Seokjin, noticing how he had a grip on his right wrist. He slowly moved closer and tried to get Seokjin to let go. He winced as he saw that it was already beginning to swell up a little, “I think he might have hurt his wrist,” he said to the others.

 

“I’m going with him,” he turned as he spotted Sejin getting closer.

 

“All right,” Sejin nodded, “Let’s get moving, security has cleared a way for us all the way to the exit.”

 

They nodded and keeping Seokjin between Namjoon and Yoongi they headed to the exit. The van and a car waiting for them. Namjoon looked to the others as he and Seokjin were quickly ushered into the car by Sejin.

 

“Hope he’s okay,” Jimin worried as he got into the van.

 

“Same,” the others replied, settling down as one of their other managers took them home.

 

XxXxX

 

Jimin was the first one out of the van as they walked into the apartment. He sighed in relief as he looked around. "I missed being home," he said as he walked over to the sofa and flopped down on it.

 

"I think we all have," Taehyung grinned at him, following the older dancer and sitting beside him.

 

"Well, all we need now is for Namjoon and Seokjin to come back," Yoongi said as he stood there, looking at the younger group members and trying to think of what he should be able to do for them.

 

"Do you think Seokjin is going to be okay?" Jungkook asked feeling unsure and scared. He was still standing up and then moved closer to Yoongi. leaning against his other hyung.

 

Yoongi looked at the maknae and pulled him closer, “I've no doubt that he will be just fine. I just hope they give him something. Since obviously, something bad is going on with hyung" he sighed, "Right, should I do some food for everyone?" he asked, wondering if there was actually anything in the fridge, they had been gone for a while after all.

 

"Bang PD had someone go some shopping for you to get a few things in to last at least tonight and maybe tomorrow as well," one of the managers said as he walked in with some of their things, "are some of you able to help?" he asked, giving the younger ones a look.

 

Taehyung jumped up and went to help bring their things into the apartment, "Sorry, we should have done it straight away," he said, apologising and giving a bow.

 

Hoseok nodded as he went over as well, "Yeah, sorry, we should have done this ourselves," he smiled, apologising.

 

"It's all right, I know that you are all unwell, but a little help would be appreciated," he smiled softly as the three of them left the apartment to bring the rest of the stuff in.

 

"Oh, we have a lot," Yoongi said, trying to think of what he could do that wouldn't feel heavy for their stomach. Most of them were down with a sickness bug of some kind, while Hoseok was ill with a cold, though he thought it might be more the flu than anything.

 

"So, what are we going to have?" Jungkook asked as he followed Yoongi into the kitchen.

 

"Seaweed soup?" he suggested, he wasn't as good at making it as Seokjin hung, but he thought he would be able to get it right enough for them to be able to eat it.

 

"Sure," he smiled, "want some help?" he asked.

 

"Would be an idea." he nodded.

 

The two of them got to work in the kitchen, trying to remember everything that Seokjin would do to make the soup. Hoseok and Taehyung finished helping their manager bring everything in and settled down in the living room. Jimin was practically asleep on the sofa when they joined him

 

"You feeling okay?" Taehyung asked him, worried that he was still feeling bad after the flight.

 

"I'm tired and my stomach is empty. I know we need to keep eating and drink, but I really don't feel like it," he answered honestly.

 

"I know," Hoseok was the one to say as he moved closer and ran a hand through his hair, "But try and eat whatever it is that Yoongi is going to make for us."

 

"I will," he promised as he curled up against Taehyung and tried to rest a little more.

 

Hoseok got up and joined the other two in the kitchen. He smiled as he saw them, standing close to each other talking in quiet voices. "anything you need help with?" he asked.

 

Yoongi shook his head, "No, nothing that you can help with, why don't you go and rest for a bit," he suggested, glancing around at him. a soft small smile on his face.

 

Hoseok beamed at him, "I would, but I think I'll stay here for a bit longer.

 

"Okay," Yoongi nodded to him, "But keep out the way, I'm trying to do some seaweed soup and I don't think I've got it right," he muttered more to himself.

 

"I think we need Jin-hyung to actually make a recipe book for us for when he can't cook, you know,” Jungkook suggested with a grin as he turned to Hoseok.

 

"Would be a good idea," he joked back.

 

The three of them remained in the kitchen for a while longer until the soup was all done. Hoseok was the one to wake the two up from their sofa and bring them into the kitchen. They still had no word form the hospital, apart from Namjoon giving them a text to say that they were just being seen, but that was half an hour ago.

 

"Everything okay?" Yoongi asked, a little nervous about the soup. It would be the first time he had made it without Seokjin being around to offer that little bit of guidance. He could cook a number of other things, but Seaweed Soup wasn’t something he did without Seokjin being around.

 

"Tastes okay," Jimin smiled as he took a sip of it.

 

"Not like Seokjin, but then again I don't think anyone is," Taehyung laughed.

 

"Yeah," Jungkook said, staring at the bowl for a moment.

 

"Let's make sure everything is put away and the laundry is started, or even done," Hoseok suggested.

 

The other nodded in agreement. Finishing their food and doing their best to make sure that Seokjin wouldn't feel the need to do something around the apartment when he returned home.

 

XxXxX

 

Seokjin leaned against Namjoon in the car. The trip to the hospital had taken a lot longer than they had thought it would. A few tests, an x-ray and a few other things along with a shot of antibiotics and a prescription they had to wait to have filled out. All Seokjin wanted to do now was to go home and sleep.

 

Namjoon look at Sejin, "So, what will we be doing? Are we going to have some time off?" he asked.

 

Sejin glanced at him in the rearview mirror, "You have all been given the next week. Though with Seokjin's illness I'm going to talk to Bang PD and ask if it would be all right to let you have more time, to truly rest and relax and recover from whatever illness you all have," he said. He had talked to Bang PD before they had left Japan in order to organise Seokjin's visit to the hospital.

 

Namjoon nodded, "At least Seokjin to have more time off. He's going to need it," he added, looking down at the half-asleep singer, leaning on his shoulder.

 

"Yeah," he agreed. The rest of the car ride was silent as they soon reached the Dorm. Getting out, Namjoon helped Seokjin up and onto his feet, the man swayed a little where he stood before the two made their way inside. It had been almost seven hours since they had split and Namjoon was worried about how the others all were. He had sent a message to Yoongi telling him that they were on their way home but had received nothing back from him.

 

Namjoon opened the door and ushered Seokjin towards the living room. He could hear voices coming from it and wondered if he should just lead Seokjin to his bedroom, to let him go straight to sleep.

 

"Namjoon?" Yoongi called out as he heard the door opened.

 

"Yeah," he called back, wincing as he heard the rush of feet towards them.

 

"is everything okay?" Jimin asked as he went over and stood beside Seokjin.

 

"Tired," Seokjin was the one to answer, the first thing he had said since they had gotten in the car at the hospital.

 

"How about you go straight to bed, I can bring you up something to eat as well," Hoseok said softly, "There should still be some of that soup left?" he asked, looking at Yoongi for an answer.

 

Yoongi nodded, "I made a lot," he replied.

 

"Right, so I'll get some of that," Hoseok said as he left the room.

 

Seokjin gave a small sigh, coughing a little, "I don't mind the thought of bed," he smiled tiredly.

 

"Let's get you to bed hyung," Yoongi said as he and Namjoon went either side of him and led the man towards his shared room with Yoongi.

 

Seokjin went to his room, letting himself be led around. He was too tired to care at the moment. All he wanted was his bed. Yoongi grabbed some of his clean pyjamas and handed them over, "Don't even think it," Seokjin said when it looked like the two of them were going to help him change.

 

Namjoon went red, "Yeah, I'm gonna-" he cut himself off as he rushed out the room.

 

"You can scare him away, but it doesn't work for me, I'm going to stay, but leave you to it. If you need help then I’m here," Yoongi said, giving the elder a small glare.

 

Seokjin would have signed but didn't want to start coughing again. He changed, swaying a little he sat down on his bed to finish. "Okay, done," he said as he got into bed. He looked to Yoongi as the other sat on the side of his bed, "How is everyone else?" he asked.

 

"Jimin is still sick, he threw up what he ate, but he was able to keep some water down about an hour ago. Taehyung the same, though he decided to try and eat something again. Jungkook is okay at the moment, hasn't thrown up. Hobi is feeling rotten, according to him. He has a temperature at the moment. Been trying to get them all to go to their rooms to rest. But..." he trailed off.

 

"They wanted to wait until I got back?" Seokjin finished.

 

Yoongi nodded, "Yeah, wanted to know what's wrong," he answered.

 

"When they come in, I can tell them. I'm really tired, so I may just fall asleep before I eat," he said, eyes drooping low.

 

"Try and eat," Yoongi advised him.

 

"What about you?" Seokjin asked as someone knocked on the door, saving the other from answering.

 

Yoongi got up and opened the door, letting the rest of the group inside. Namjoon still looked a little embarrassed as he walked in. They all took a seat on either Yoongi's bed or on the end of Seokjin's. Hoseok took the food over and laid the tray across his lap. Seokjin looked at it and then smiled, "Thank you."

 

"Yoongi-hyung made it, though it isn't as good as your," Taehyung grinned.

 

"You should write all the recipes down and instructions so we can try and do them," Jungkook added from the bottom of Seokjin's bed.

 

"I'll try and remember to do so," he smiled softly. He took a spoon and smiled as he tasted it, "Not bad Yoongichi," he congratulated.

 

Yoongi grinned, "I tried."

 

"So," Hoseok said, breaking the light-hearted mood, "What did they say?" he asked, blowing his nose when it started to run again.

 

"Pneumonia," Seokjin answered simply.

 

"And a sickness bug, which I think most of you have as well," Namjoon added, "He's been given antibiotics, something for the fever and pain."

 

"What about your cough?" Jungkook asked.

 

"Well, the cough medicine I was taking wasn't as helpful as I hoped," Seokjin said, the other nodding, "I just have to make do with something that can soothe my throat."

 

"Pneumonia takes a while to recover from, I'm not talking about days, I'm on about weeks, even a few months," Yoongi said, wondering what was going to happen.

 

Seokjin nodded, "Yeah, I can still be feeling tired three to four months from now."

 

"So it's going to be a case of let's see how it goes?" Taehyung asked.

 

"Yeah," Seokjin nodded.

 

Namjoon noticed how tired he looked as he had stopped eating the rest of the soup, "We just need to make sure he rests and gets plenty of fluids," he said and then added, "Right, I know it's still early, but I for one want to sleep in my own bed, I suggest you all go and get to bed yourselves," he added, looking at Seokjin, seeing a grateful smile on his face.

 

"Yeah," Yoongi agreed, seeing the look between the two, "Everyone out," he said, getting up and grabbing the tray.

 

"Yeah, sleep," Jimin smiled as he got up. Taehyung got up as well and the two of them left. Yoongi leaving to take the unfinished food and to clean up.

 

Hoseok and Jungkook got up and left as well. Namjoon remained behind, "How are you feeling Namjoon?" Seokjin asked softly.

 

"Tired as well, feeling a little sick," he admitted when he saw the look on Seokjin's face.

 

"Try and get something to eat before you sleep," he advised him.

 

"Yeah, I might have a bit of the soup before I go," he smiled.

 

"All right, night Joonie," Seokjin said as he tiredly settled down on his bed.

 

"Night, Jinnie," Namjoon replied, squeezing a shoulder. Seokjin smiled at him, reaching out and squeezing a hand before the rapper left the room. Seokjin didn't take long to fall asleep, happy that he was back home and in his own bed.