Chapter Fourteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Fourteen

 

Yoongi looked out of the window as the plane took off. He blinked as he felt a head rest on his shoulder. Looking down he smiled as he saw a sleepy Jungkook resting there. "You all right?" he asked. He winced as he heard Jimin throwing up in the row behind him. Seconds later he could tell that Taehyung was taking care of him.

 

Jungkook hummed and curled up closer to Yoongi. Yoongi reached an arm around him, pulling the younger closer. The belt stopping him from letting Jungkook cuddle against him properly. Jungkook kept his eyes closed, gripping the front of Yoongi's hoodie tightly. His stomach flipped a few times as they climbed. Jungkook relaxed when he felt Hoseok rub his back comfortingly. The plane levelled out and he gave a sigh of relief as his stomach calmed a bit.

 

"Better now?" Hoseok asked softly.

 

Jungkook went still, his stomach giving a large lurch, before he began fumbling with his belt and raced out of the seat. Yoongi and Hoseok shared a look before Yoongi followed him. Climbed over Hoseok as the younger tried to keep out of the way. It didn't take long for Hoseok to get to his feet and rush after the two of them, grabbing a water bottle as he went.

 

Standing in the doorway of the bathroom Hoseok winced as he heard Jungkook throwing up. It wasn't a pleasant sound and he could hear the pained groans coming from the maknae. Yoongi was on the floor beside him in the tiny room, whispering words of reassurance. Hoseok squeezed in and closed the door behind him, the tiny bathroom just about fitting the three of them.

 

Yoongi looked up, spotting the water bottle that Hoseok carried with him, "Good idea," he murmured.

 

Jungkook leaned back, grabbing some toilet paper to wipe his mouth with. Hands shaking badly as he did so. "I'm... I'm okay," he said, voice slightly croaky.

 

Hoseok snorted, and then sneezed, "Sorry," he grinned as the other two looked at him. "Swill your mouth out and then let's go and sit back down," he suggested softly.

 

Jungkook nodded and took the offered bottle of water. Yoongi flushed the toilet and helped the young singer off the floor. Hoseok opened the door when finished and the three of them left the bathroom and went back to their seats. Yoongi sat beside the window and Jungkook slid in. Quickly decided to curl up on Yoongi's lap, facing towards Hoseok as he sat in the last seat.

 

"Closer," Jungkook whispered, reaching out a hand and waiting for Hoseok to take it and be pulled into Jungkook's empty seat.

 

"Not exactly the most comfortable of ways to sit," Hoseok grinned as Jungkook laid his legs over the dancer.

 

"Don't care," Jungkook muttered, leaning against Yoongi he closed his eyes, tired after throwing up.

 

Hoseok smiled and leaned towards Yoongi, his head near Jungkook, "Maybe it can be comfortable."

 

Yoong snorted but said nothing as he wrapped one arm around Jungkook's waist and the other went around Hoseok shoulders. Their eyes starting to close as they drifted between being awake and asleep. Their energy drained, not just from being ill, but from all the work they had done with fan signings and concerts.

 

XxXxX

 

Yoongi's eyes opened quickly as he heard Taehyung shout for Seokjin. The elder in front of him got up and went to the row behind him. He could hear what was going on. Jungkook gave a questioning noise, "Jimin's got a bit of a fever," he answered after a moment, making sure that was what he was hearing from behind him.

 

"Oh," Hoseok grumbled sleepily, having been pulled from his doze by the yell as well. Yoongi let the two of them go back to sleep as he stayed awake in case Seokjin needed some help. Though he didn’t know what he would be able to do under the two younger group members. Seeing Seokjin go back to Namjoon for a moment, talking with him and then heading back with something in his hand.

 

Seokjin spotted him awake as he walked past, "Everything okay?" he asked softly, not wanting to wake the two that were sleeping.

 

"Yeah, we're good," he replied and then snorted lightly as he heard a snore from the seat in front.

 

Seokjin looked at the snoring rapper and rolled his eyes, “Typical,” he muttered as he sat down. Yoongi smiled and went back to watching the clouds as they passed by the window. Pulling out of his thoughts sometime later, he blinked as he felt Jungkook starting to move around on his lap. Soon enough the maknae was moving off his lap, waking Hoseok up. Yoongi groaned when he felt an elbow hit him in the chest, winding him.

 

"I'll go," Hoseok said, "Stay here," he added, getting up and following Jungkook to the bathroom.

 

Yoongi watched them, trying to get his breath back. The rapper was about to get up and followed the two when he saw the two walking back. Jungkook was walking close to Hoseok, looking pale and slightly sweaty. Yoongi stood up, "You sit with him, I don't want another elbow in the chest, or even stomach," he muttered.

 

"S... Sorry," Jungkook murmured, feeling embarrassed.

 

Yoongi gave a little smile, "It's okay, just feeling a little crowded, and I think Hoseok could do with some cuddles as well.

 

The three of them settled back down, with Yoongi and Hoseok swapping places. Yoongi closed his eyes, holding Jungkook's hand in his as he leaned against Hoseok this time. Yoongi's eyes flew opened when he heard a quiet groan coming from the seats in front of him.

 

Seokjin got up from his seat, clutching his stomach and a hand clamped over his mouth. Yoongi watched as he rushed towards the bathroom. "," Yoongi cursed before murmuring "I'll go," as he saw Hoseok and Jungkook looking worriedly after their hyung. Yoongi rushed off and followed Seokjin to the bathroom, the door was unlocked as he went inside and closed it behind him, locking it.

 

"Y-" Seokjin began as he noticed Yoongi out of the corner of his eye. He turned and began to throw up into the toilet. Yoongi winced at the noise.

 

"Didn't want to leave you alone," he said softly, kneeling down and rubbing the elders back as he continued to throw up, arm still wound tightly across his stomach.

 

Yoongi remained with him until Seokjin leaned back away from the toilet and flushed it, "I hate being sick."

 

Yoongi snorted, "I think we all do," he agreed, helping Seokjin to his feet. Seokjin started cleaning himself up only to start coughing. "," he cursed, still unsure of what he could do to help Seokjin except for helping him remain standing.

 

"So... sorry," Seokjin said a few minutes later, breath coming in little gasps.

 

"You all right to go back?" he asked, frowning in worry.

 

Seokjin gave a nod, he looked pale and worn out, leaning against Yoongi more than he normally would do. Yoongi unlocked the door and helped him back to his seat. Namjoon opened bleary eyes when Seokjin slumped into his seat. Yoongi went to his own row and sat down in the end seat, listening as Namjoon and Seokjin talked.

 

"Is he okay?" Hoseok asked as he was now sat on a seat alone, Jungkook was curled up in the one next to the window.

 

"Not really, think he's come down with what I've got as well," he answered keeping an ear out for Seokjin, even though Namjoon was now awake should something happen.

 

“Damn, he needs to see someone as soon as possible,” Hoseok worried, almost wanting to get up and check on his hyung.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi agreed quietly, “Get some sleep, we’ll need it,” he yawned, shifting in his seat as he got comfortable, his stomach was rolling slightly, not enough for him to throw up, but enough for him to feel as though he could at any time.

 

Hoseok observed him, “Hyung, you okay?” he asked, leaning a little closer to the other. He twitched his nose a few times before cursing and sneezing into a tissue he quickly pulled from his pocket.

 

Yoongi snorted at the sound, “I’m fine, let’s get a little sleep.”

 

Hoseok watched him as the elder of the two rested back against his seat. Hoseok sighed, settling back himself as Jungkook moved around and leaned against him. The dancer smiled, wrapping an arm around the maknae and pulled him a bit closer, letting the younger settled back down into a deep sleep, his head resting against his shoulder.

 

Yoongi shifted again, he couldn’t let himself drift off to sleep. His stomach was rolling around too much. It gave a lurch and he gave a quiet groan as he got to his feet and headed to the bathroom.

 

Hoseok opened his eyes, “Kookie, I need you to move for a bit all right. I need to help Yoongi-hyung,” he said softly as he woke the younger up.

 

Jungkook looked bleary-eyed as he nodded, moving away from Hoseok, “Take care of Yoongi-hyung,” he murmured tiredly as he watched Hoseok smile at him and leave. Jungkook let his eyes close again only to opened them second later when he felt someone sit near him.

 

“You okay Kookie-ah?” Seokjin asked softly, brushing slightly sweaty hair out of his eyes.

 

Jungkook gave a slight nod, “Yeah, tired,” he muttered, letting his head rest against the seat.

 

“You don't feel too warm at the moment,” he smiled, turning his head to cough a little, his breathtaking on an alarming wheeze when he finished.


“I feel a bit better than I did this morning,” he said, putting a small smile on his face to try and hide his worry for his hyung. “You okay?”

 

Seokjin tried to control his breathing a little, “I’m all right, a little breathless, but fine,” he reassured him, getting up. Jungkook watched him check on Jimin and Taehyung behind him before going back to his seat. Yoongi looked pale as he leaned against Hoseok as they made their way to their seats. Seokjin smiled to Jungkook one last time before leaving him alone.

 

Hoseok sat down, looking to Yoongi as he took the middle seat, “think you can sleep a little more?” he asked.

 

Yoongi gave a yawn and nodded as the three of them started to settle down. Hoseok taking the middle seat as the other two curled up against him on either side, the two quickly falling to sleep. Hoseok smiled as he slowly did the same.

 

Hoseok woke up as Yoongi moved away, in front he could hear Seokjin coughing. He wanted to get up and help but couldn’t, since Jungkook was still sleeping against him. He couldn’t hear what was going on as Sejin walked over to the group. Yoongi walked back some minutes later as the plane was getting ready to descend, telling him what was going on.