Chapter Nineteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Nineteen

Yoongi yawned as he woke up the next morning. They had spent most of the last day in the living room, watching movie after movie together. It took a while for them all to drift to their bedrooms as night had fallen. Each of them tired, but happy with spending some time together and helping each other when one of them had become ill during their movie marathon.

Yoongi got up, frowning as he looked over to Seokjin’s bed and saw the other still asleep. He wasn’t used to waking up before the elder. Getting up he went over, puzzled as he saw his hyung wrapped tightly in the blankets. “Hyung,” he murmured softly, not really wanting to wake him up. He reached out placing a hand on Seokjin’s forehead, Wincing he felt the high heat coming from him. Getting up he rushed towards the bathroom and grabbed the thermometer. 

Seokjin rolled over as he heard the noise in the bedroom and the door opening. He closed his eyes again, shivering and pulling the blankets closer around him. Yoongi came back in the room, calling his name.

“Hyung,” he said as the other opened bleary eyes, “Come on, let’s see what your temperature is like,” he added.

Seokjin grumbled softly but did as he was told and let the thermometer rest in his mouth for a bit. It was easier getting this out of the way and going back to sleep than to argue against Yoongi and prolong being awake. It soon beeped and Yoongi looked at it.

“Okay,” Yoongi said looking to him, “You have a high fever, it’s 39.4,” he murmured softly.

“I’m fine Yoongi-yah,” Seokjin said softly as he went to get up, noticing that small beams of light was coming through the gaps in the curtains across the window.

“No, you’re staying in bed, we’re taking care of things today,” Yoongi said, pushing him back. “If I see you out of this bed I will tie you to it hyung,” he added, narrowing his eyes in warning.

Seokjin had no energy to protest and settled back against his pillows, closing his eyes. Yoongi looked triumphant as he got up and went to the kitchen. He would have to make something that would help Seokjin and the others. It didn’t take long for the others to start walking towards the kitchen, each of them standing there as they watch Yoongi.

“Where’s hyung?” Taehyung asked worriedly, sitting down at the table.

“He’s got a fever, so I’m making something for him to eat and drink and something for the rest of us,” Yoongi said.

“I’ll help,” Hoseok said going over and joining him as he pulled out vegetables and Yoongi started up the rice cooker.

“I’ll sit with hyung,” Jungkook volunteered as he quickly went to Seokjin’s bedroom before anyone could protest and opened the door. He peered inside and saw Seokjin bundled up in his bed. Jungkook went over to the bed and climbed in next to him.

Seokjin opened sleepy eyes, “Kookie?” he queried.

“Yeah,” he said as Seokjin curled up next to him, seeking the warmth that Jungkook offered.

“Cold,” he complained, he hated being cold.

“You have a fever hyung,” he pointed out softly.

“Hmm,” he said, closing his eyes and smiling softly as he felt Jungkook wrap his arms around him. He drifted on the edges of sleep for a while. Only waking up more when Yoongi came in and made him have something to eat and drink, along with taking the medication that he needed.

Jungkook joined them all in the living room for a moment after Seokjin had gone back to sleep. “So, someone is going to have to stay with him?” Jungkook asked against as he half listened to them. Eyes wandering to where Seokjin was sleeping.

“Jin-hyung will try and get up when he realises the time,” Hoseok reminded everyone, “it’s the same each time he isn’t well.”

Namjoon nodded, “Yeah,” he said, a small smile on his face.

“What are you all talking about?” Seokjin's voice drifted over them, he looked pale and was leaning against the wall for support. The others could all see that he was shivering.

Namjoon got out of his chair and went over to him, “Hyung you’re supposed to be sleeping, come on let's get you back to bed.”

Seokjin grumbled but didn’t say much as he was led back to his bedroom and settled into bed. Namjoon replaced the cold cloth that they had been using on his forehead once again. Smiling, Namjoon got up to leave but a hand sneaked out from the blankets and grabbed him by the wrist. “Don’t, don’t leave,” he whispered, coughing a little, shivering under the blankets.

Namjoon gave him a soft look, “All right, lets me just go and get something,” he said softly as he quickly left the room, going to his own and getting a book he had been reading. He settled on the bed when Seokjin pulled him onto it and let the elder curl up, partly on his lap. Namjoon smiled, wrapping an arm around him and running his fingers through slightly sweat-soaked hair, “Go to sleep hyung,” he murmured to him.

Seokjin hummed a little, “Read to me,” he said, voice soft.

“Okay,” Namjoon said, grabbing his book, but instead of turning to where he had left off, he started at the beginning and began to read.

XxXxX

Hoseok was sat on the bed, Seokjin curled up against him. It had been his turn to watch over Seokjin. He had planned to set up the laptop for the two of them to catch up on a drama or two that they enjoyed watching together. It was all set up, but at the moment Seokjin was sleeping. They had been about to watch when he rolled over, grabbed Hoseok and fell asleep.

“Hyung?” Jimin asked as he walked into the room, a tray in his hands.

“Jiminie?” Hoseok frowned as he walked over to the bed and put the tray down.

“Thought the two of you would like some tea, I’ve put some honey in Jin-hyungs, to help with his throat,” he said softly.

“Thanks,” Hoseok said, torn between waking his hyung to drink the tea. He knew that Seokjin’s throat was hurting him a lot since he woke up coughing a quite a bit over the last few hours. “Should I wake him?” he asked softly, looking from Seokjin to Jimin.

Jimin looked down at Seokjin, the elder's eyes were slowly opening, “Don’t think you have to worry, he is waking up slowly.”

Hoseok glanced down, “Hyung,” he greeted softly as brown eyes glanced up at him.

“Hobi?” he blinked a few times, hand going to his throat as he winced in pain.

“Jiminie brought you some honeyed tea,” Hoseok said as he helped Seokjin to sit up.

“Thank you Jimin-ah,” he said as he saw the dancer standing beside the bed.

“Welcome hyung,” he smiled and left the room, “I’ll get the empty mugs later.”

Hoseok smiled and handed Seokjin the mug, then picking up his own he took a sip, “Want to watch something?” he asked, nodding towards the laptop he had set up over an hour ago.

“Yeah,” Seokjin said softly, drinking more of his tea.

Hoseok leaned forwards and put on one of the dramas and settled back. He smiled when Seokjin settled against him, shivering slightly. Hoseok made sure that he was covered up, wondering if he should check his temperature, but deciding to leave it for now. Just let his hyung relax for a bit with a nice drama.

XxXxX

Yoongi looked over to his hyungs bed as he walked towards his own. It was late, very late and he was tired. They had each taken turns in remaining with Seokjin throughout the day. Making him eat, drink and replacing the cold cloth on his forehead. Now he had made the others all go to bed. They had pushed themselves hard, and he knew that they all needed to rest. He wanted to sleep himself, but he shook himself and tried his best to wake up a little more. He had thrown up just before returning to the room.

Sitting on his bed, he grabbed his laptop and started to work on some lyrics, not wanting to put headphones on in case Seokjin called out for him, or one of the others did. He looked up as the door to the bedroom opened and Jungkook walked in.

“Kookie?” he asked, wondering what was wrong.

“I want to sleep in here,” he said, glancing towards Seokjin’s bed.

Yoongi gave a sigh, “You should go to bed, get some proper rest.”

Jungkook shook his head, “I’d rather be here,” he said as he walked over to Seokjin’s bed and even though Yoongi tried to protest he climbed in and shuffled towards his eldest hyung.

Yoongi rolled his eyes but gave up as he watched Seokjin curl up against the maknae. “Just try not to disturb him too much,” he advised quietly, wanting Seokjin to sleep as much as he could.

“I won't,” he whispered back, settling down and wrapping his arms around Seokjin. It didn’t take long for him to fall asleep.

Yoongi gave a quiet sigh, he wanted to sleep as well, but he knew that wasn’t going to happen. He was too worried about Seokjin if he was honest with himself. Putting his laptop down after failing to come up with anything over the last hour he stretched. Checking on the two on the other bed he left the room. Jimin and Hoseok were curled up on their own beds, both of them pale against their sheets, but sleeping peacefully.

Yoongi opened the door to Namjoon and Taehyung’s. Creeping inside he found Taehyung fast asleep, but Namjoon was awake, moving around restlessly on his bed, “Joonie?” he asked softly, not wanting to wake Taehyung up.

“Hyung?” Namjoon said, frowning at him.

“Just checking up on everyone,” he answered, “You all right?” he asked.

Namjoon sighed, sneezing and cursing when he nose blocked up again. He grabbed a tissue, blowing his nose and then tossing it into the wastepaper basket that was almost full of used tissues. “Just can't breathe,” he finally answered.

“Why don’t you use some of that spray we have,” Yoongi pointed out.

Namjoon flopped on his bed, “Forgot about it.”

Yoongi stifled a laugh and went to grab it, “Here,” he said, handing it over, “Now try and get some sleep.”

“Hows Jin-hyung?” he asked as he finished with the spray.

“Sleeping, Kookie decided to join him,” he replied, “Now get to sleep,” he repeated, heading out of the room.

“You as well,” he told him.

Yoongi gave a small quirk of his lips as he headed back to his own bedroom, closing the door behind him. He checked on Seokjin and Jungkook one last time before getting into bed, it wouldn’t hurt to get a little sleep. Closing his eyes after setting his alarm to vibrate under his pillow in a couple of hours, he quickly fell asleep.