Chapter Five

Silent Fever

Chapter Five

Seokjin leaned back on the small sofa, he was still tired, and for a moment, he wished he had taken the chance to remain at the hotel to rest for a while longer. Taehyung settled beside him, tired himself. Though the medication he had taken had helped some and he hadn't thrown up in the last hour. Yoongi was the same, though the two of them still felt queasy when they had been asked. Namjoon and Hoseok had waved off everyone's concern, stating that it was only a cold. But Namjoon could barely go a few minutes without sneezing and Hoseok's temperature had climbed a little more.

"Are you all sure that you want to do this?" Sejin asked them once more.

Seokjin opened his eyes, "Yes," he answered, glancing at the others and getting nods in return. "I know some of us should rest up for tonight," he began, "But we're all in agreement that we don't want to disappoint ARMY."

Sejin sighed, "Alright, just, if you need to break, just come straight back here. One of the others can easily make an excuse for you if people question it," he said, looking at them all.

"Time to brush up on your Japanese," Namjoon said, sneezing one last time into the tissue he held. 

The other smiled. As one they headed out to the small stage area that had been set up. Walking around the table they started to introduce themselves and welcoming everyone. With Namjoon and Taehyung doing the most talking. They settled down in their seats, as fans began to step up to meet them.

XxXxX

Seokjin smiled as the young teenager that was in front of him as she bowed and moved onto Jimin who was next to him. He closed his eyes as his chest tightened. He gave an apologetic smile to the girl that had just stopped in front of him, he quickly signed the book she had and the CD case before standing up. He turned, wobbling slightly only to feel two sets of hands grab him.

"You okay?" Namjoon asked him, worry in his eyes.

Seokjin glanced down at him, "I'm okay," he wheezed out, trying to keep his voice low.

"I'll take him back?" Jimin said as he was about to stand.

Namjoon shook his head, "I'll go," he said, standing up and slowing placing an arm around Seokjin's waist as the elder leaned against him.

"I can go alone," Seokjin said softly as soon as they left the stage.

"Hmm," Namjoon hummed, not agreeing with the statement.

Seokjin sat down on the small sofa as he started to cough. Namjoon sat beside him, rubbing his back. Minutes later Seokjin slumped against him. Tired and wrung out, Seokjin rubbed at his chest to ease the pain he felt. 

"I think you should stay here for the rest hyung," Namjoon suggested, holding Seokjin in his arms.

"Hmm," Seokjin murmured, too tired to even speak.

Namjoon glanced down, a soft smile on his face as he saw that Seokjin was almost asleep. "Lay down," he whispered as he moved off the sofa and helped the elder to lay down. Seokjin opened his eyes for a second, they landed unfocused on him. "Get some rest, I'll make th-" he cut himself off, to turn his head so he could sneeze. "Ugh, I hate sneezing, make my nose all blocked up," he grumbled, words sounding funny as he talked through his blocked nose. "I'll make an excuse for you," he finished.

Seokjin opened his eyes a little, "No I-" he cut off as he started coughing once more. This sounded different from last time. He scrambled to his feet and stumbled over to the trash can and began to throw up.

"!" Namjoon cursed, grabbing a bottle of water of the nearby table and then followed Seokjin, kneeling beside him. Rubbing his back.

Seokjin spat into the bin one last time, taking the water offered to him. He swilled out his mouth and then sat on his hunches. Breathing harshly, he just stared ahead, eyes watering and chest heaving, but feeling tight and painful.

"You're staying here," Namjoon said, his voice taking on an authoritative tone.

Seokjin gave a small nod as he tried to get to his feet. He was too tired to argue. Namjoon moved forwards as the elder swayed. He spared a glance towards Seojin as he walked into the room. He helped him over the sofa and got him to sit down for a bit.

"I'm go-" Namjoon sneezed a few times and gave a small cough, "Sorry," he apologised, "I'm going back out there, and to give them all apologies for Jin, take him back to the hotel when he feels a bit more stable, and make sure he sleeps."

Seojin nodded, "Sure." He walked over to the sofa and sat down.

Namjoon watched as Seojin began speaking with Seokjin. He squared his shoulders and walked back out. Seeing the concerned looks on the others faces as soon as they noticed that Seokjin wasn't with him. He stepped forward and picked up his microphone.

"Hey," he greeted, "Seokjin isn't feeling well," he began, trying to remember the right words in Japanese, "He is going back to the hotel to rest for tonight. He is very sorry he can't be here for the rest of the event, and he hopes that he will be seeing some of you at the concert tonight," he smiled.

"Is he okay?" Jimin asked as soon as Namjoon sat back down.

"He was throwing up," he answered quietly, making sure that the fan that was coming over to him didn't hear.

"Who's going back with him?" Yoongi asked from his mother's side after finishing talking to a fan.

"Sejin hyung-nim," he whispered.

Yoongi nodded and turned to smile at the young woman that was now in front of him. The last twenty minutes dragged by as they waited to leave. Taehyung started to feel a little sick as they were doing the last few photos for the fans. With the last picture taken the group waved bye to the fans and walked into the back.

Taehyung went over to the sofa and flopped down on it, groaning.

"You okay?" Jimin asked following him.

"Feel sick," he murmured.

"Same," Yoongi said, slumping into a chair, and letting his head fall back, eyes closed against the bright lights above him.

Hoseok sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. He was beginning to feel achy and his nose was blocked for the umpteenth time that day. "I wouldn't mind a hot tea and some sleep," he muttered.

"I think we all could," Namjoon agreed.

They waited around a little longer, until it was a little quieter and quickly made their way to the underground car park and headed back to the hotel.

XxXxX

Yoongi walked into his room and glanced over to Seokjin's bed. The elder was sleeping sitting up against a mound of pillows. Yoongi winced as he heard the wheezing breaths. Walking over to his own bed he sat down and watching him for a few minutes. He then lay back in bed and closed his eyes.

"Everything go okay?" a croaky voice asked.

Yoongi gave a grunt, "yeah."

There was silence in the room for a few minutes before Seokjin broke the silence once more, "How are you feeling?"

Yoongi rolled onto his side and stared at Seokjin, "I'm fine," he answered.

Seokjin snorted, only to start coughing again. "I'm sick of this," he muttered when he finished, feeling drained as he relaxed against the mound of pillows behind him.

"Can imagine, but you sound a lot worse than you did yesterday," Yoongi observes.

"Yeah," he breathes, "Sejin hyung-nim wanted to take me to the hospital, but I would rather wait until we were home."

Yoongi frowned, "Are you sure it's a good idea to wait?"

"I'd rather wait," he murmured.

"You sure?" he questioned.

"Yeah, I just want tonight over with so I can sleep and then tomorrow to go home and be in my own bed," he answered, smiling over at Yoongi.

"Hmmm," Yoongi hummed in agreement, "Sleeping in my own bed sounds nice."

It didn't take long for Yoongi to drift off to sleep, Seokjin went over on him, making sure he didn't have a fever before covering the younger man up and going back to bed.