Chapter Thriteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Thirteen

 

The plane rushed down the runway and started to climb. Jimin gave a squeak as his stomach rolled a few times with the movement. Taehyung, grabbed his hand, holding it tightly, trying to reassure the other that it would be all right soon. Jimin tried to curl in his seat, the need to throw up getting stronger as they climbed. Taehyung's eyes widened as he saw Jimin trying his best to not throw up. Grabbing the sick bag from the little pocket in the seat in front. He handed it over to Jimin.

 

Jimin took it, opened it and threw up what little water he had drank before getting on the plane. Taehyung winced in sympathy, rubbing his back as best as he could while the two of them were still strapped into their seats.

 

"Feel better?" Taehyung whispered as Jimin flopped back into the seat.

 

Jimin looked at him, "No," he murmured weakly, the plane finally levelling out.

 

"Sir, shall I take that?" a steward asked as he walked over to them, a bag in his hand for the sick bag to go into, "Should I bring some more?" he queried, indicating the sick bag.

 

Taehyung nodded, "Yes please."

 

The seatbelt light went off, Taehyung quickly undid Jimin’s belt and then his own, "Thanks," Jimin mumbled, grabbing some water and swilling his mouth out a little.

 

Jimin moved around in his seat, leaning against Taehyung. The younger looked at the small dancer, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him close. "Try and get some rest if you can," he murmured.

 

Jimin nodded, closing his eyes and letting himself relax. His stomach was a little painful, but he could mostly ignore it. Taehyung rubbed his back, soothingly. A small smile on his face as he let himself drift a little more. Taehyung glanced up as he heard movement from the row in front. He saw Jungkook struggle to his feet and over Hoseok as he bolted for the bathroom. Seeing Yoongi and Hoseok go after him.

 

He looked to the window and watched the clouds for a while, ignoring when the three came back and settled down again. Taehyung frowned as he heard Jimin give a small whimper. "Jimine?" he murmured softly, looking down, seeing Jimin's flushed face. Raising a hand he placed it on his forehead. It was really warm. "Jin-hyung!" he called out.

 

Seokjin rushed over to the two of them, breathing hard as he knelt down, "what is it?" he asked.

 

"I think he has a temperature, he's really warm," he answered. Seokjin reached out and did the same as he had done moments before.

 

"Wake him up, I’ll get him to take something," he said, leaving and talking with Namjoon for a moment before going back to them.

 

"Jimin," Taehyung called out softly, trying to wake the older up.

 

"Wha...?" Jimin grumbled, waking up and opening bleary eyes.

 

"Need you to take these and then you can go back to sleep,” Seokjin told him, handing over the fever tablets.

 

Jimin huffed and took the tablets, sipping at the water a little more before handing it back to Taehyung. Seokjin smiled softly, "It's not too bad, and the medication should help, but if he gets worse, call me."

 

Taehyung nodded, "I will," he said as Jimin quickly fell back to sleep, curled up in Taehyung's arms. He tightened his hold a little for a moment, resting his head on Jimin's and letting his eyes close. He was starting to feel a little queasy himself now. Sometime later, as he drifted between awake and asleep he heard a commotion from in front. Opening his eyes he watched as Kookie once again rushed off towards the bathroom. Hoseok going after him alone. Closing his eyes, he only opened them again when the two came back.

 

Head falling forwards, he jolted awake, breathing deeply and trying to stretch while not waking Jimin as he was still fast asleep. He looked up as he saw Seokjin get up, hand over his mouth and arm pressed tightly against his stomach as he got up and rushed towards the bathroom.

 

"," Yoongi cursed as he got up and followed him.

 

"Thought Namjoon-hyung was helping Jin-hyung?" Taehyung said softly.

 

Hoseok turned around in his seat, kneeling on it to look over the top, "He's asleep, Seokjin-hyung doesn't want to wake him up."

 

"Right," he said, both of them quieting down as Jimin began to shift in his sleep.

 

Hoseok turned and sat down in his seat again as Jungkook gave a groan as well. A worried look on his face as he did so.

 

"Go back to sleep," Taehyung coaxed as he saw Jimin's eyes open slightly.

 

Jimin gave a small noise, settling back down, curling that little bit more into Taehyung. The younger smiled, arms wrapped securely around him. Taehyung heard murmuring from in front as Hoseok talked with Jungkook. The bathroom door opened and Yoongi came out supporting Seokjin back to his seat. The eldest looked half dead, pale and sweaty.

 

Taehyung frowned, watching as Yoongi settled the eldest down in his seat. He heard Namjoon say something, he must have woken up. Cuddling with Jimin he closed his eyes and let their chatter and noise of the rest of the passengers wash over him as he fell back to sleep.

 

XxXxX

 

Taehyung's eyes flew open as something heavy fell on him, scrambling over him. Jimin stumbled over him, running towards the bathroom. "Damn," he cursed as he got up, grabbing a bottle of water and followed the dancer. Opening the door to the bathroom, which was thankfully not locked. Jimin was already in front of the toilet throwing up what little water he had drank earlier.

 

Taehyung knelt down beside him, rubbing his back as the other started to dry heave. "It's okay," he murmured hearing Jimin give a whimper.

 

Jimin finally stopped, slumping where he was. Taehyung was quick to catch him and pulling him away from the wall before he could hit his head. "Th... thanks," he murmured.

 

"Here," he said, opening the bottle and handing it over.

 

Jimin took it with shaking hands and sipped at it, before spitting it out, swilling his mouth once more. He leaned against Taehyung for a moment.

 

"Let's get you back to our seats," He said with a soft smile. Helping Jimin from the floor. He flushed the toilet and the two quickly washed their hands. Jimin was a little shaky as he walked, but Taehyung kept a firm grip on him, not wanting him to fall.

 

"Everything okay?" Seokjin asked as they walked past his seat.

 

"Yeah," Taehyung nodded.

 

"Wait a moment," he said, checking Jimin's temperature quickly, "Seems like the medicine has helped," he said as he let the two of them go back to their seats.

 

Jimin sat on his seat, eyes closing as he leaned his head back. Taehyung sat down next to him, "How are you feeling?" he asked the dancer.

 

Jimin opened his eyes and glanced over at him, "Still sick, but not as bad," he answered truthfully. Looking at Taehyung, he could see that the other was looking a little pale, "How are you feeling?"

 

Taehyung paused for a moment, not expecting the question, he gave a small smile, "I'm okay mostly. Starting to feel a little sick, if I’m honest."

 

"Can't wait until we're back home," he said softly.

 

Taehyung hummed in agreement as he sat back. Manoeuvring around, it didn't take long for Jimin to be curled up against him again. He was thankful that there was no arms between the seats. "I know the feeling," Taehyung said softly, "I want to be in my own bed, sleeping."

 

Jimin nodded against him. "Hmmm."

 

"Sejin hyung is going to make us all go to the hospital to make sure we're all going to be okay," he said, a little annoyed, but he knew that they had to in the end. To make sure they hadn't picked something really bad up.

 

"I know, heard him when we were heading to the airport. He was making appointments for us all to have a check-up later today," Jimin said softly.

 

"At least we'll be able to get something stronger for whatever is making us ill," he muttered.

 

Jimin snorted, "Yeah."

 

They stopped as they heard Seokjin beginning to cough again. "He sounds really bad," Taehyung commented softly, wincing in sympathy.

 

Jimin nodded, "Think he'll be okay?" he asked softly, concern lacing his voice.

 

"Yeah," Taehyung said, a smile on his face as he looked down at the head resting on his shoulder.

 

Taehyung began to shift in his seat. His stomach had been hurting him more and more as they neared the end of the flight. Jimin moved off him and looked at him.

 

"Tae?" Jimin said as he watched Taehyung pale even more and jump from his seat. Jimin sat there frozen for a moment before rushing to catch up with him. Taehyung dropped to the floor in front of the toilet, Jimin close behind him. "It's okay Tae," he comforted, softly rubbing his back.

 

"Th... that came on fast," he muttered when he finished swilling out his mouth a couple of minutes later.

 

"You sure you're feeling okay?" Jimin asked, concerned, moving some of Taehyung’s hair out of his eyes.

 

Taehyung looked down at him, his face was pale and sweaty, but he smiled and nodded, "I'm okay, still feeling a little sick, but, nothing we can do about that at the moment."

 

Jimin smiled back, "We should be landing soon, so let's go back," he said, the two washing up and leaving the bathroom. Taehyung let Jimin sit down first, before taking the other seat, in the row of three. They cuddled together once more, letting the noise of the cabin wash over them as they waited for the sign to come on to put their seat belts back on, waiting for the plane to start its descent.