Chapter Eleven

Silent Fever

Chapter Eleven

 

Seokjin opened his eyes slowly, feeling the buzz of his phone beneath his pillow. He gave a quiet groan, not wishing to wake Yoongi up in the next bed. Pulling out his phone he turned off the alarm. He rolled over, glancing at Yoongi, to make sure the younger was still asleep. He quietly got up, he had set his alarm so that he could check on the others.

 

Seokjin grabbed a jacket and wrapped himself in it, he was shivering a little as he picked up the others key cards and put them in his pocket with his own. He just hoped that he didn’t wake the others up when he entered their rooms. Walking out of his room, he closed the door quietly and slowly behind him, letting it the click of the lock echo around him. Glancing around, he was thankful that the corridor was empty, though it was just past midnight. The group had gone to bed almost straight after they arrived back to the hotel. None of them felt the need to stay up any longer, all of them tired and worn out.

 

Seokjin took out the card key for Namjoon's room and let himself in. Walking over to the two beds, he stopping, smiling and shaking his head. Hoseok had kicked the blankets off while he slept. He grabbed them, gently settling them on the young dancer before kneeling down at the head of the bed. Reaching out he placed a hand on his forehead, smiling slightly when he didn't feel that much of a temperature.

 

Doing his best to suppress a cough he got up and went over to Namjoon's bed, the young rapper was curled up on the bed, Seokjin could just about see his face. It was flushed, and the sight worried the elder singer. Kneeling down, he checked his temperature and felt the high heat. Namjoon pushed his head into the cooler hand.

 

"Joonie," he called quietly, brushing the hair out of the younger man's face. He didn’t want to wake him up, he wanted to see if he had taken something for the fever and if he hadn’t to get him to take something.

 

It took another two soft calls before Namjoon finally opened his eyes, "Wha?" his voice hoarse and confused.

 

"Have you taken something for the fever?" he asked softly, keeping his voice low, not wanting to wake Hoseok up.

 

Namjoon looked a little unfocused for a moment before he blinked a couple of times, "Jin-hyung?" he questioned.

 

"Yes,” he answered softly, a little smile on his face, “have you taken something for the fever?" he asked again.

 

"No," he answered, puzzled at the question, trying to snuggle down in the bed to go back to sleep.

 

"Stay awake for a moment,” he told him," Seokjin encouraged, nodding to himself as he got up and went over to the table. Grabbing the tablets that would help with a fever and then a glass of water from the bathroom, he quickly went back to the bed. "Take these," he said, popping out two pills and helping the other sit up a little.

 

Namjoon groaned but did as he was told. Taking the tablets he was soon settled back into bed. "Thanks," he murmured, still half asleep.

 

Seokjin helped the young leader settled back down in his bed. Tucking the blankets around him as he watched him, fingers running through his hair, helping to soothe him back to sleep. Heading across the corridor to Jungkook's room. He once again let himself in. Going over to Taehyung's bed first he smiled softly as the other was wrapped around his blanket, moving closer he carefully unwound him and covered him up again. With a hand against the young singer's forehead, he was glad to find that it was almost normal. Though he wished for a moment that he had a thermometer to really make sure.

 

Heading over to Jimin's bed he knelt down and checked his temperature, it was a little high, but not as high as Namjoon's was. There was a small crease between his eyes, showing Seokjin that he was in some pain. Running crooked fingers through the lightly coloured hair he soothed the young singer into a deeper sleep. It took a little while, but soon enough the little crease was gone and Seokjin smiled. Standing up he went over to Jungkook's bed and smiled down at the maknae. Covers barely covering him, he was lying on his stomach. Seokjin bent down a little and sorted the covers out, running a hand over his head he walked out of the room and headed back to his own.

 

Heading towards Yoongi's bed he checked on the younger man. He could just about see a tuft of hair peeking out of the blankets. He gave a small sigh, he didn't want to try and pull the blankets down, as he knew that Yoongi would wake up as soon as he tried. Seokjin slowly climbed back into bed and closed his eyes for a moment before grabbing his phone and setting it to go off again in a few hours. Placing it under his pillow, he settled down, giving a few coughs before closing his eyes and letting sleep take him once more.

 

XxXxX

 

Seokjin jolted out of his sleep as he heard someone banging hard on the door. He jumped from the bed, almost falling to the floor with how dizzy he felt at the sudden change in position. Yoongi was also getting out of bed, grumbling to himself and wondering what the hell was going on.

 

Seokjin reached the door first, opening it he saw a panicked and pale Taehyung, fist raised to bang on the door again. "What is it?" Seokjin asked, worry in his eyes as he reached out for the shaking singer, placing a steadying hand on his shoulder.

 

"It's Kookie, he started throwing up as well, I-" he stopped as Seokjin rushed past him towards Taehyung's room.

 

The elder burst into the room and looked around. The beds were all empty, so he quickly headed towards the bathroom. AS he got near, he could hear the faint sounds of someone throwing up behind the closed door, there was another voice, this one trying to be soothing, but sounded more worried. Seokjin opened the door, Jungkook was hovering over the toilet, retching. Jimin was knelt beside him, rubbing the youngers back, and occasionally running his fingers through his hair.

 

Seokjin went over, sitting on the other side and looked at Jimin, "Go and lay back down Jiminie, you're looking really pale, okay," he smiled reassuringly at him.

 

Jimin looked torn, he wanted to be there with Jungkook, but he also wanted to lay down. He knew it wouldn’t be long before he was joining the other, he was beginning to feel sick himself again. Yoongi walked into the room, nodding to his hyung, he pulled Jimin up, taking the decision away from the young dancer.

 

"I'll get these two settled again, hyung" Yoongi informed him with a nod, as he led Jimin from the room.

 

"Thanks," Seokjin called out to him, as he took Jimin's place and began to sooth Jungkook as he started to throw up again. "It's all right Kookie," he whispered softly. "It's okay," he murmured. Over and over again he repeated the words, waiting for Jungkook to finish.

 

Jungkook finally finished, shaking, he leaned back against Seokjin for a moment before his stomach gave another lurch. Pushing away from him, he was once more hung over the bowl, dry heaving. Jungkook gave a small whine when he was done, clutching at his stomach. Seokjin winced, grabbing a glass and filling it halfway with some water.

 

"Kookie," Seokjin murmured softly, getting the young singers attention when he finished dry heaving, "Drink some of this, I know you feel sick, but it's better to have something in your stomach to throw up that dry heaving," he added.

 

Jungkook took the water, "Th... thanks, hyung," he whimpered tiredly as he leaned against Seokjin.

 

"Small sips," he warned. Jungkook nodded and started cautiously sipping the water.

 

Seokjin looked up as the door opened. Yoongi standing there, "Meds," he said simply to the questioning look he was being given.

 

Smiling the elder took them and coaxed Jungkook into taking them, "Right," he said, "I think we should get you into bed while you've stopped."

 

Yoongi helped the two of them up off the floor. Watching as Seokjin tucked Jungkook back into bed, "If you need us, come and get us, if you can't just call, all right?" Seokjin reminded the three of them.

 

"Okay," Jimin nodded, glancing at the two of them from his bed.

 

Seokjin checked Taehyung and Jimin one last time before he followed Yoongi from the room. Getting into bed, he turned to face Yoongi.

 

"You feeling okay?" he asked the rapper, rolling over to face him.

 

Yoongi peered at him from his nest of blankets, "Yeah, I'm okay," he replied tiredly.

 

"You're lying," Seokjin rolled his eyes, and then giving him a look that promised consequences if he didn’t answer truthfully.

 

"Fine," he huffed, "I feel sick to my stomach and it hurts a bit. But I'm okay," he sighed, snuggling down into the blankets even more, "What about you?" he asked, only his eyes and a tuft of hair could be seen from the blankets once again.

 

Seokjin smiled, knowing that if he hid it Yoongi would call him out on it, "I'm not feeling too great," he admitted, "But I'm okay," he reassured as Yoongi snorted at the words, "Night, Yoongi-ah," he called out with a yawn and a little cough.

 

"Night hyung," he replied as the blanket went over his head.

 

Seokjin gave a low chuckle as he rolled over, setting his alarm for the morning. He felt as his body relaxed, coughing a little as he snuggled down into the covers. Closing his eyes, he quickly fell to sleep.