Chapter Four

Silent Fever

Chapter Four

Seokjin walked down the hallway towards Namjoon and Hoseok's room. He wondered if the two of them had been able to sleep last night. That the medicine that he had gotten for them had worked. Their card key was still in his pocket but didn't want to be rude and just barge in. Raising his hand he knocked hard on the door, hoping one of them was awake enough to answer.

"Wh-" the call through the door was cut off with a sneeze, “Who is it?”

"It’s Jin, Letting myself in," Seokjin called through the door, pulling out the card key and unlocking the door.

Namjoon was standing in the doorway to the bathroom blowing his nose, fully dressed. "Hey," he said, sounding a little stuffy.

"How are you?" Seokjin asked him, closing the door behind him and walking over.

"Okay, didn't sleep well, but then..." he shrugged, "I don't think either of us slept that well," he smiled tiredly, heading towards his bed.

"Nah," Hoseok yawned from the bed he was sitting on.

"You two up to the fan signing?" he asked, going over to Hoseok first since it looked like Namjoon was trying to avoid him.

"We've only got the one, and then we can rest a bit before the concert," Hoseok said, rolling his eyes as Seokjin checked his temperature.

"You sure?" he asked once more, Hoseok was a little warm, but he should be fine if he didn't do too much. "I'd rather you both rest," he sighed, heading over to Namjoon.

"Yes," Namjoon replied for the two of them, "Now go and make sure the kids are up," he told him, trying to avoid the hand that was reaching towards him.

"I just want to see if you are running a temperature Namjoon-ah," Seokjin admonished, glaring slightly.

"I know I have a temperature, I've already taken something as has Hoseok-hyung," Namjoon informed him, throwing away the tissue.

"Fine," Seokjin sighed, only to start coughing. Hoseok went over to him, rubbing his back as it carried on for a few moments.

Namjoon raised a hand as Seokjin began to calm and pressed it against the elder's forehead, "Seems like we're aren't the only ones with a fever," he said, giving his hyung a look.

"Its a cough," Seokjin brushed Namjoon's worry aside.

"Don't think it's just a cough now, hyung," Hoseok said softly, concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine," he reassured once more, "Finish getting ready, we’ll meet in my room and we'll go down together."

Before Namjoon or Hoseok could say anything else, Seokjin rushed from the room and headed to the maknae's room. Closing the door behind him he heard someone shout his name.

"Jin-hyung!"

"Kookie?" Seokjin said, turning and see the maknae running towards him from Seokjin's own room. There was a panicked look about him, eyes large and wide with worry.

"Something's wrong with Tae," he rushed out, his voice shaking with concern.

Seokjin's eyes went wide, "Come on," he said softly, keeping his voice calm and hoping it would reassure Jungkook. The two of them made their way to the others room.

Seokjin entered the room, Jimin was on Taehyung's bed, holding the younger singer. Taehyung looked miserable, a light flush to his cheeks, arms hugging his stomach. Rushing over, he sat on the edge of the bed, "Tae," he called softly.

Taehyung opened his eyes, "hyung," he greeted quietly, eyes a little bloodshot and watery.

"What's wrong, Tae-ah?" he asked, running his hand through Taehyung's hair soothingly.

"He was throwing up earlier, he's stopped now, but his stomach is still hurting him," Jimin was the one to answer, a hand gently going up and down the young singers back.

Seokjin looked at Jimin, seeing the worry in his eyes, "Yoongi is the same at the moment. Though I think one of you should have come and got me as soon as it started," he admonished gently, smiling at the two of them to let them know he wasn’t angry at all. He paused for a moment, giving a deep sigh, only to cough a few times at the end, "I think we are all going to be ill by the time we head back home."

"Not going to happen Jin-hyung," Jungkook said, a determined look on his face.

Seokjin gave him a look, he turned back to Taehyung, "Sejin-hyung is going to get something that will help Yoongi, I'm sure you'll be able to have some as well. If you don't feel like doing the fan signing, say so," he added.

"I want to do it, hyung," he said, sitting up and moving towards Seokjin, "Just feel a bit sick."

"A bit," Jungkook snorted, disbelief in his voice.

Taehyung glared at him for a moment, he paled as his stomach gave a sudden lurch and he was once again throwing up into the bin that Jungkook had placed there for him half hour before. Brushing hair out of the younger singers face, he then rubbed his back. "Kookie-ah, go and get some fresh water," he instructed the maknae.

Jungkook looked from Taehyung to Seokjin and nodded. Heading over to the table in the room, he grabbed one of the many water bottles that were dotted around the room. Handing it over to his hyung, he stood looking worriedly at his friend. Taehyung finished, moving towards Seokjin instead of leaning against Jimin.

"We have about two hours before we need to go to the venue, and an hour for the noona's to do their work," Seokjin said, more to himself. He turned to Jungkook, "Go to Yoongi and tell him what’s going on and then find Sejin-hyung and tell him we need some sickness medication here as well."

Jungkook gave a quick nod, looking at Taehyung once more before he headed out of the room.

"Jimin, go and get ready," Seokjin the said, settling Taehyung on the bed, moving to the head of the bed and letting the young singer rest his head in his lap.

Jimin looked reluctant to move, but after a moment he went to get ready. "Okay hyung," he said moving towards the bathroom.

"You sure you wa-" Seokjin began, cutting himself as he turned his head to cough. He tried to stop himself, but it didn’t work this time. Soon enough his chest was feeling tight and it was hard to breathe. Spots danced in his eyes as he leaned over.

"Hyung!" Taehyung called to him, sitting up and reaching towards Seokjin, worry in his voice. Seokjin leaned forwards away from Taehyung.

Jimin hearing the younger singer calling their hyung;s name in such a way, rushed out of the bathroom. His eyes went wide as he saw Seokjin leaning too much to the side that he was beginning to fall towards the floor. He ran over, catching the older man before he could. Sitting on the bed he pulled him closer, letting him lean against him. Seokjin finished coughing a moment later, leaning against Jimin, trying to catch his breath.

"Hyung?" Jimin said, concern lacing his voice.

Seokjin opened his mouth to say something, to try and answer, but nothing came out. His head felt like it was going to fall off. Black spots danced in his eyes as he tried his best to focus on those around him. He could hear his two dongsaengs calling to him. But he had no energy to answer.

"Yoongi-hyung is going to call Manager-nim," Jungkook said as he rushed back into the room. He glanced at the bed, eyes widening, "What happened?"

"He started coughing," Taehyung answered softly. He was leaning closer to Seokjin, pain etched onto his face, but I that moment, he didn’t care. He wanted to be closer to Seokjin, worried as he was about the elder.

"I think it really took it out of him though, he hasn't said a word since and his breathing..." Jimin trailed off. The three went silent, Seokjin’s breathing echoed in the room. It was raspy and wheezy, as though the elder was struggling to breathe.

Jungkook walked around the bed, kneeling down to look Seokjin in the eyes. He frowned as he saw the unfocused look on his face. Reaching out he placed a hand on Seokjin's forehead, much as the elder did to him when he was unwell. "He's, he's really hot," he said, looking worriedly up at Jimin.

"Go and tell Yoongi-hyung," Jimin said, as Seokjin began to cough again.

“Yeah,” Jungkook nodded his head. Getting up from the floor, he grabbed his card key from where he threw it and ran from the room. Wanting to get Yoongi as soon as he could. He let the door close behind him as he began to run towards Yoongi’s room. A door opened in front of him as someone stepped out.

"Where's the fire?" Namjoon asked as he stepped out of his own room seeing Jungkook running past his room.

Jungkook stopped and turned, "It's Jin-hyung, he seems really out of it. He's in my room. I'm just going to get Yoongi-hyung," and with that, he turned around again and running to Yoongi's room once more.

Namjoon looked back at Hoseok and the two of them made their way to Jimin's room. Namjoon tried to open the door but found it was locked. He knocked on it, waiting for someone to come and open it and let them in. It didn't take too long.


Taehyung stood there, looking a little shaky and pale. As soon as the door opened they could hear the wet coughs coming from inside.

"Knew it wasn't just a little cough," Hoseok sighed as the two of them walked in. "You all right Tae?" he asked, taking in the younger mans shakiness.

"Sick," was the simple answer.

Namjoon nodded as Hoseok helped Taehyung back over to Jimin’s bed since Jimin and Seokjin were on Taehyung’s. Namjoon walked over to where Seokjin was struggling to breathe through the coughing fit.

"Hyung," Jimin said as he noticed Namjoon walked over, "He's really hot. And when he was coughing just he didn’t respond to us at all. And he was wheezing a lot like he couldn’t breathe."

Namjoon gave him a tight smile and then turned his attention to Seokjin, "Let's sit him up a little more, it should help a bit with his breathing." He really didn’t like the way it sounded after he finished coughing.

"Okay," Jimin nodded, as the two of them got Seokjin to sit up a little more and to lean against Namjoon instead of Jimin.

"Now, go and get yourself ready," Namjoon told the younger singer as he started to rub Seokjin's back, as the elder started coughing again.

Jimin sat on the bed for a few more moments, hearing Taehyung and Hoseok speaking quietly over on his bed. He sighed deeply and got up. Heading to the bathroom. A few moments passed as Namjoon held Seokjin, the coughing began to ease and then stopped. The elder leaning against Namjoon's shoulder as the door to the room opened once more. The silence in the room was broken when Taehyung began to throw up again, Hoseok doing his best to help the young singer.

Yoongi went over to the bed as Jungkook hung around behind him, both of them worried for their hyung. "Jin," Yoongi called softly, "Come on, look at me," he coaxed.

Seokjin took a few more minutes before he looked at Yoongi, "Yoo..." he trailed off, coughing once more.

"This isn't good hyung," Namjoon said, quickly turning and sneezing into his shoulder.

"I know," Yoongi muttered. They waited once more for Seokjin to finish coughing.

They all looked up when there was a knock at the door. Yoongi got up and went over to the door. Opening it to see their manager Sejin. Stepping out with him the door closed.

Hoseok looked at Namjoon, "Do you think we should cancel the fan signing?" he asked as he soothed Taehyung once more. The young singer had just finished throwing up.

"I think it might be a good idea, hyung" Namjoon answered, he didn't sound happy about it.

"No," Taehyung said with a shake of his head, sitting up behind Namjoon.

"Tae-ah," Hoseok said softly, "You're sick, so is Yoongi-hyung, and Namjoon-ah and myself both have the beginnings of a cold.”

"We carry on, it's our... our last day," Seokjin whispered, barely able to breathe through the tightness in his chest.

"Hyung," Namjoon began as the door opened and Sejin and Yoongi walked back into the room.

"Taehyung," Yoongi said handing over a pack of tablets, "That should help with the sickness," he told him, taking two from his own pack and taking them dry.

"So what are we going to do?" Namjoon asked, looking to Yoongi and then their manager.

Sejin ran a hand over his face, "Well," he began, "For the fan signing we can cancel, but it wouldn't look good."

"Then we do it, though I think Jin-hyung stays here," Namjoon said, getting nods from those around him.

"Maybe one of you should stay here as well, to keep an eye on him," Jungkook said as he finally stopped hovering and sat down on the other bed.

"I'm not staying here, it will be a while before we can come back and I'm not going to disappoint any of our fans," Seokjin said, still leaning tiredly against Namjoon.

"We have about two hours before you all have to be at the signing," Sejin said, looking down at the eldest of the group.

"Then I suggest that some of us get some food, maybe have some soups sent up to the room so we can eat without fan's hanging around," Hoseok said.

"Did they find us?" Jimin asked, fully dressed and ready, standing in the bathroom doorway, listening.

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah, been looking around twitter and someone saw us here. Posted it and it's gone worldwide."

Sejin nodded, "I noticed when I went to get the medicine," he sighed heavily, "I'll have some food sent up to one of the rooms."

"Have it sent to this one, and make sure some of the soups are plain," Yoongi said, grimacing at the thought of food. He knew that he and Taehyung would need something if they were going to do the fan signing and the concert later that night.

"I'll get on that, for now, all of you rest up," Sejin said, stepping out of the room.

With the group left alone, they settled down, to wait for food and to rest while they had the chance.