Chapter Eighteen

Silent Fever

Chapter Eighteen

 

Seokjin woke with a jolt, he looked around the room, trying to find out what it was that caused him to wake up so suddenly. The door to the room opened, the light from the hallway spilt into the room as it was . He winced against it slightly as he saw Yoongi rushing out of the room. Seokjin got up, following the rapper to the bathroom. Yoongi knelt in front of the toilet once more throwing up. Seokjin knelt down beside him, a hand on his back, rubbing it.

 

“You’re okay Yoongichi,” he said softly, wincing at the noise Yoongi was making.

 

Yoongi pushed him off, stopping a moment, he looked to Seokjin, “Hyung, go back to bed. You don’t have to hover,” he told him.

 

Seokjin looked hurt, “I care Yoongi-yah, I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

 

Yoongi threw up into the bowl once more, “I know,” he gasped out when he stopped for a moment, “But you need to rest. You’re really ill hyung.”

 

“And so are you,” he pointed out, getting up and grabbing a glass of water for him. “Here, swill your mouth out and then brush your teeth. Let’s both of us go back to bed,” he said, a gentle smile on his face.

 

Yoongi took the glass, sighing a little as he did as he was told. “You were throwing up a couple of hours ago as well hyung,” he pointed out.

 

“Yes, and like then you took care of me, and I will do the same with you, we’re all family here, we take care of each other,” he said as Yoongi began to brush his teeth, getting rid of the horrible taste in his mouth.

 

Yoongi swilling the paste from his mouth, he couldn’t really argue with him. The two went back to their bedroom. Yoongi lying down, it didn’t take long for him to fall asleep. Seokjin watching over him for a moment before he heard someone else rushing towards the bathroom. He got up, wincing as he saw Jimin heading to the bathroom. “Here we go again,” he muttered to himself, coughing a little as he went after the young dancer.

 

XxXxX

 

Seokjin walked from Jimin’s bed, after tucking the dancer back in and over to Hoseok’s bed. The rapper was sleeping deeply, snoring thanks to his bunged up nose. Straightening the blankets he then left the room. He could hear whimpering coming from Namjoon and Taehyung’s room. He went inside, sneaking in as quietly as he could. Namjoon was out cold, shivering as the blanket had fallen off on him and pooled at the bottom of the bed, most of them on the floor.

 

“Joonie,” he murmured softly, picking them up and covering Bangtan’s leader back up. Pushing sweaty bangs back, he shook his head at the heat he could feel. He heard a whimper coming from behind him. Glancing over to Taehyung’s bed, he saw a lump under the blankets piled high on the bed. Going over he pulled them over carefully. The whimpers got loud as he found Taehyung, curled up in the middle of the pile. Arm’s tight around his stomach. His eyes were wet and open as they glanced up at Seokjin.

 

“Hyung,” he whimpered, looking small and vulnerable.

 

“Oh TaeTae,” he said softly gathering the younger singer into his arms and holding him. Pulling a blanket over Taehyung to keep him warm. “It’s okay,” he said, rocking him.

 

Taehyung clung to him, “Hurts,” he murmured.

 

“I know, I know TaeTae,” he said doing his best to comfort the other. “Let’s see if you can get back to sleep, it’s still early,” he said, helping him lay back down on the bed. Taehyung kept a hand latched on to his t-shirt. Smiling Seokjin got onto the bed and let the younger curl up against him. Rubbing his back, he murmured soothing words. Taehyung whimpered in pain every now and then. But it didn’t take long for Seokjin to be able to get him to relax and slip into sleep once more.

 

The eldest lay there for a while longer before he got up. Tired from being awake. He needed to cough and had been holding it off for as long as he could, not wishing to wake Namjoon or Taehyung up after getting the younger to sleep. Slipping out of the bed, he checked on Namjoon once more before leaving the room, closing the door quietly behind him. With a hand over his mouth, he leaned against the wall opposite and began to cough. It took a while to stop and for him to catch his breath. Sitting on the floor in the hallway he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

 

XxXxX

 

Seokjin jolted as fell to the floor. He had fallen asleep after coughing in the hallway. Looking around, he winced as the sunlight shone through the window at the far end. He sighed, coughing a little more as he got up. Body aching as he headed into the kitchen. Drinking a glass of water he started to gather the things he would need to make breakfast for them all. He paused, reminding himself that he needed to take his medicine as well. He set up the rice cooker before he went to grab them, holding the strip of tablets in one hand he was about to get one out when he heard a door slam open and footsteps rushing towards the bathroom.

 

Seokjin tossed them back and hurried towards the bathroom. Jungkook was there, looking miserable as he threw up what little he had in his stomach. “Oh Kookie,” he murmured as he knelt down beside him, hand on his back, and gentle running his fingers through sweaty hair. Seokjin remained beside him as he heard the others all start to get up.

 

“Hyung?” Jimin asked as he looked in.

 

“Everything's okay,” Seokjin said, “I’ll be down to make breakfast in a bit, the rice is already cooking though,” he added.

 

Jimin gave a tired and weak smile, “You take care of Kookie, and we’ll deal with breakfast.”

 

“Don’t worry Jimin-ah, I’ll do it in a bit,” he said, going back to Jungkook as he started to throw up again, though it was more dry heaving now, as there was nothing left to throw up.

 

Jimin didn’t say anything as he closed the door slightly and left the two. Seokjin remained with Jungkook and helped him clean up a little before they made their way back down the stairs.  Seokjin walked into the kitchen and saw Hoseok and Jimin working on making breakfast. He bustled in and started to shoo them out of the kitchen.

 

“Go, sit down and I’ll finish,” he said, a smile on his face.

 

“Hyung, let us do it,” Hoseok protested as he tried to carry on.

 

“Hobi, I’m all right to make breakfast, why don’t you make everyone a drink,” he said, compromising as he could see the worry in the rapper's eyes. Jimin also looked just as worried at him.

 

“Okay,”  Hoseok said, giving a small sigh, “Jimin, why don’t you go and get the table ready,” he said to the dancer.

 

Jimin nodded and left the two. Hoseok turned to Seokjin, “Have you taken your medicine?”

 

Seokjin nodded, “Yes,” he replied, giving a little wince as his throat hurt somewhat, and then concentrated on what he was doing.

 

Hoseok nodded and starting to make everyone a hot drink. He added the extra honey to Seokjin’s tea. He had seen the other wincing as he talked a few times since he had arrived in the kitchen. It didn’t take long for breakfast to be done and it all set out on the table. Seokjin was the last to sit down, taking hold of his tea and sipping it. The heat of it burning his throat, numbing it from the pain he had been feeling since he had woken up.

 

“How are you all feeling?” Seokjin asked softly, looking at them all. He didn’t like what he saw. Namjoon and Jungkook both had a red flush on their faces. Yoongi and Jimin were both pale. Taehyung had his head down, trying to curl up on himself and Seokjin knew that he was still in pain. Hoseok looked a little pale as well, but he didn’t look too bad at the moment. But Seokjin knew that could change in an instant.

 

“We’re okay,” Jimin said, trying to sound like he believed what he was saying.

 

“Let’s make sure we take it easy today,” Namjoon said with a sniffle, pulling out a tissue and wiping his nose.

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi said, “So we take turns in doing things. Since Jin-Hyung made breakfast someone else does lunch and another of us does dinner,” he suggested.

 

“It’s alright I can do them,” Seokjin said, pausing for a moment as he started coughing. Rubbing a hand to his chest when he finished, he saw six pairs of worried eyes turn to him.

 

“Hyung, you should rest,” Taehyung said softly, looking up from the food he was barely eating.

 

“We all should,” he said softly as he looked at Taehyung.

 

“I vote we all watch a movie again and curl up,” Jungkook said softly, leaning against Yoongi a little as the two were sat close together at the table. Yoongi put an arm around him, letting the younger rest.

 

“Sounds like a good idea,” Hoseok said, reaching out and running a hand up and down Jungkook’s back.

 

“Blanket pile on the floor?” Taehyung suggested, looking hopeful.

 

Namjoon gave a grin, sneezing into a tissue, “Yeah sounds good,” he murmured.

 

Jimin grinned and got up, “Hobi-hyung, come and help,” he said brightly.

 

Hoseok gave a small laugh and followed Jimin towards the bedroom.

 

“I’ll start moving things out the way,” Namjoon said as he got up, tossing his tissue into the bin.

 

Yoongi and Jungkook looked up, “We’ll help,” the two said together, wondering if Namjoon would end up breaking something if he was left alone.

 

“I’ll help clean up hyung,” Taehyung said as he looked at Seokjin.

 

Seokjin looked at him in concern, “Why don’t you stay sitting down. I can see that you’re in pain TaeTae,” he said softly, getting up and going over to the young singer, brushing hair out of his eyes and looking at him softly.

 

“No, you can't do everything yourself hyung,” Taehyung insisted as he stood up.

 

Seokjin gave him a smile, “It’s okay, I’m fine Taehyung-ah, go and rest. I can see the pain in your eyes,” he said softly.

 

“We’re both cleaning,” Taehyung repeated stubbornly as he then moved around Seokjin and picked a few things up. Seokjin gave a sighing and a small cough as he went to help.

 

It didn’t take long for the sound of something breaking coming from the living area and Yoongi muttering as he fixed it up. Taehyung and Seokjin shared a smile as they soon were able to join the others in the living room. They gathered into the pile of pillows and blankets in the middle of the living room. Curling around each other they settled down to watch whatever film Jungkook had chosen.