Chapter Six

Silent Fever

Chapter Six

Seokjin stood up from his bed, he felt drained, wanting nothing more than to climb back into the bed and sleep that little bit longer. Walking over to Yoongi's bed, he saw that the waste bin was beside it once more. Quietly and as gently as he could, he placed the back of his hand against Yoongi's forehead. It was slightly warm, but nothing to worry too much about. 

Seokjin got up, glancing at the table and noting that the medicine that had been bought that morning was already running low since they were all using the same ones. "Going to have to get more," he murmured. For a moment he thought of messaging Sejin and asking if he would be able to but didn't wish to bother the man.

The dark haired man grabbed his coat and wallet and put them on as he walked out of the room and down the hall to Namjoon and Hoseok's room. He knocked on the door, wincing and wishing that he had their keycard still. it didn't take long for the door to open, Hoseok standing there, a flush of fever on his face. "Hey, hyung," he greeted sleepily.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you, just wanted to check on the two of you," he said, coughing into his hand for a moment as he was let inside the room.

"I figured," Hoseok said.

"How are you feeling?" Seokjin asked as Hoseok settled on his bed. He reached out and frowned when he felt the heat the other was giving off.

"Not too good," Hoseok admitted, "Joonie's feeling about the same," he said, glancing over to the younger rapper, where he lay asleep in his bed.

"We've got about an hour left before we have to head out," Seokjin said softly, "Think you'll be able to get a little more sleep Hobi?"

Hoseok shook his head, "Nah, may as well remain awake."

"All right, I plan to check on the others, though it's been quiet so far," Seokjin said, wondering what the maknae line was up to. He knew that Taehyung wasn't feeling well, but the other two were fine.

"Tae said he was going to sleep. Kookie and Jiminie promised they would be quiet." Hoseok whispered then giving a cute sneeze.

Seokjin smiled at him, "Let's hope they let Tae rest." He got up from the bed and walked over to Namjoon's, as gently as he could he checked BTS' leader and frowned, a fever as well. "He has a temperature as well," he said softly in concern.

"Hmm," Hoseok frowned, glancing over at the sleeping man.

"We're already running out of medicine," he muttered to himself as he stood, "I'll be back in a bit," he smiled at Hoseok.

"Okay," Hoseok nodded.

Seokjin left the room and headed to the maknae's room. Knocking on the door he waited for it to open. A bleary-eyed Jungkook stood there, yawning. "Hyung?" he asked, letting the elder into the room.

"Everything alright?" he asked as he glanced towards Taehyung's bed, seeing the younger sleeping.

"Yeah, he's been fine, he threw up a couple of times, but nothing in the last hour," Jungkook said as he went over Jimin's bed and woke him up.

"Go away," Jimin complained.

"Come on get up, Jin-hyung is here," he told the dancer.

Jimin yawned and opened his eyes, "Sorry, didn't mean to fall asleep," he rolled over and glanced at Taehyung's bed before sitting up and looking at Seokjin.

Seokjin watched him for a moment, "You all right Jiminie?" he asked, seeing how pale the other was.

Jimin smiled, "I'm fine," he answered, though Seokjin didn't know if he should believe him.

"Okay," Seokjin decided to leave him be. He walked over to Taehyung's bed and sat down on the edge of it. Running a hand through the light brown hair. "A little warm," he murmured.

"We have about an hour left don't we?" Jungkook asked, wanting to be sure.

Seokjin nodded, coughing into the crook of his elbow for a moment, "Yes, I'm going to go down to the store and see about getting some more medicine," he said, standing.

"Are you sure you should go?" Jimin asked, worriedly, "Wouldn't it be better to get Sejin-hyungnim instead?"

"I know what I need to get and where they are in the shop," he reassured him, smiling.

"I can always go with you?" Jungkook suggested sitting on Jimin's bed.

"We can both come with you," Jimin nodded, looking in earnest towards their hyung.

Seokjin chuckled quietly, giving a few coughs once more, "I would rather the two of you remain here, watch over Taehyung, and go and check Yoongi for me," he told the two of them, handing Jimin the extra card key for his own room.

"What about Namjoon-hyung and Hobi-hyung?" Jimin asked.

"Hobi is awake, he said he wouldn't be going to sleep, and I don't have a copy of their card key," he sighed, wondering if he should have picked one up before leaving.

"You sure hyung?" Jungkook asked once more.

Seokjin smiled, "I am, now Jimin, check on Yoongi and if he isn't awake, try and wake him. And then knock on Hoseok's door and tell him to get Namjoon up if he isn't already," he instructed the young dancer, "Kookie-ah, watch over Tae and wake him in about ten minutes. I want everyone awake by the time I come back."

Jimin nodded, getting to his feet and heading out of the door. Jungkook took Seokjin's place on Taehyung's bed as soon as the eldest stood up. Giving one last glance to Taehyung, Seokjin walked out of the room. He saw Jimin head into his room and gave a little wave to the young dancer as he headed to the lift. 

Seokjin stepped outside, pulling his coat tighter around him, shivering slightly. He cursed to himself silently as he realised he didn't bring a facemask with him. He lowered his head and walked as quickly as he could. He didn't want to get recognised at all, and that was always a chance when any of them went out. Moving to the side he avoided a couple walking towards him and then stepped into the shop, sighing in relief as he hadn't been recognised. 

"Yoongi and Taehyung," he muttered to himself, finding something that would help the two of them, frowning for a second he got some extra, "just in case," he added with a snort. He went further down, grabbing something for Hoseok and Namjoon and then went to grab something for his cough. He stood there for a moment, trying to think which one would be best. He just wanted something that would stop it, or at least ease the amount of coughing he was doing, he needed to be able to sing tonight.

He nodded to himself as his arms were now full and headed over to the cashier, smiling he put them down, almost dropping the bottle of cough medicine he had picked for himself. The cashier's eyes went wide as she realised who was standing in front of her.

"Jin-kun," she whispered. Her voice full of shock.

Seokjin winced inside, "Hello," he replied in Japanese, with a pleasant smile on his face, giving her a slight bow. His Japanese wasn’t as good as some of the others, but it should be passable enough.

"Oh, oh, oh," she squealed.

"I'm sorry, but, in a rush," he said, biting his bottom lip as he hoped that she wouldn't really notice what he was buying. He refrained from sighing as the young woman continued to stare for a moment before shaking herself and scanning his items.

She finished scanning the items and told him the total. Bringing out his wallet he handed over a number of notes. Handing over the change she bagged up the items, her eyes going wide again as she realised what it was that Seokjin was buying.

"Thank you," he said, giving a small bow and rushing out of the store.

Keeping his head down he moved through the streets and headed back to the hotel. Wincing as he saw a few fans dotted around the entrance. Moving around the edge of the small group he headed to the entrance. He was about to go through when someone called his name. Ignoring it, he dashed inside and rushed towards the lift, pressing the button when he heard the calls of his name follow him.

The lift took its time to come and the fans reached him before the doors could open. He turned, putting a pleasant and welcoming smile on his face. "I'm sorry, but I have to go and get ready for the concert," he told them, hoping that the lift would soon come.

They were pressing closer towards him, his back was pressed against the lift door. Phones and cameras were out, recording him and taking pictures. Seokjin could feel his chest tighten as he felt the need to cough. He looked around and looked to the hotel security that had been brought in for their stay. They began to head over as the lift doors opened.

"I'm sorry to leave you," he smiled, voice tight. He stepped back and started to cough as he quickly pressed the button for his floor and two others. Not wishing for anyone to figure out where they were. Security came over and stopped them from entering the lift with him and the doors finally closed. Seokjin leaned against the back of the lift, coughing deeply. He finally stopped, getting annoyed with his coughing, he knew that it wouldn't be long before it was all over the fan sites. He took a shallow breath, too scared to take a deeper one as he got off at his floor and headed towards his room.