Chapter Twelve

Silent Fever

Chapter Twelve

Seokjin was woken all too soon by his alarm. This time instead of the annoying vibrations under his pillow, the tone echoed around their hotel room. He groaned, he had only got back to sleep two hours ago, after waking up and checking on everyone again. He leaned over reaching for the phone, only to fumble with it. He dropped it to the carpet as he started coughing. The alarm still blaring loudly in the room. Yoongi groaned at the noise and looked over, becoming more awake as he saw his hyung coughing and leaning dangerously close to the edge of his bed, getting closer and closer to falling. 

Eyes going wide, Yoongi jumped from his bed and grabbed the back of Seokjin's t-shirt, pulling him away from the edge just as the elder was about to fall. "," he cursed, as he let Seokjin lean against him, still coughing. Yoongi waited for him to finish, rubbing his back and letting his hyung lean against him.

 

Seokjin rested against Yoongi for a moment. Giving a few more coughs, he quickly jumped to his feet, stumbling badly on unsteady legs as he dashed towards the bathroom. Yoongi sat there in shock for a moment, wondering what was going on, until the sounds of retching reached his ears.

"Aish," he muttered in sympathy, getting up and heading into the bathroom.

Seokjin kneeled in front of the toilet. Gasping for breath in between his dry heaving. Yoongi winced at the sound, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. He knelt down beside him, rubbing the elders back as he waited for him to stop, glass in his hand waiting for the man to take it.

"Sorry," came the weakened voice, as he leaned against Yoongi, taking the offered glass and cleaning his mouth out.

"Not like you can help it, hyung," Yoongi murmured, giving a yawn, he was still a little sleepy.

"Ma... maybe not," he murmured, “though I’m not really feeling sick,” he added softly.

"Right,” he nodded.

 

“I threw up because of the coughing,” Jin said softly.

 

“You feeling any better?" Yoongi asked a few minutes later.

Seokjin opened his eyes and looked up, nodding, "Yes," he answered, "We need t-" he stopped as he heard his alarm going off once more.

"Yeah," Yoongi yawned, "Come on hyung," he said, getting up, and then helping the other up off the cold tiled floor, "You want to shower?"

Seokjin paused for a moment, "No, really, but I suppose we both should have a quick one before leaving," shaking his head and heading into the bedroom again, "I just want to get out of here and get home."

Yoongi snorted, "I think we all want to," he said, rubbing his stomach. It had started rolling the moment he heard Seokjin beginning to throw up.

"You okay?" Seokjin asked, grabbing something comfortable to wear.

"Yeah, not really feeling too bad at the moment," he said with a small smile.

Seokjin sighed, "At least one is, I don't know about the others."

"Let's get ready, I'm already packed," Yoongi began, "I can always go and check on the others and see how they are doing," he suggested.

"Yeah," he agreed, looking around and noticing that he still had a few things dotted around the room.

Yoongi had a quick shower and changed and dressed. Yoongi was soon heading out of the room while Seokjin began to finish his packing. Normally he would have had it done before he went to sleep. He just didn't have the energy. It didn't take him long. He started to cough again, stomach cramping and chest heaving he ran for the bathroom once more to throw up. Almost ten minutes later he walked back into the room and sat on the bed, closing his eyes for a moment. He ignored the noise of Yoongi walking back into the room a few minutes later.

"Jin hyung?" he asked, walking over, concerned for his hyung.

Seokjin slowly opened his eyes, "How are the others?" he asked.

"Joon and Jungkook look worse. Namjoon started throwing up about an hour ago according to Hobi. Jungkook and Jimin have been up for the last hour and a half doing the same, Taehyung has been with the two of them," he answered, sitting beside Seokjin, "Hobi and Tae are both feeling a little better."

Seokjin got up, "Why didn't they get one of us?" he muttered to himself.

"Because you're not well either hyung," he pointed out, "We're meeting in here as soon as everyone is ready. Sejin hyung is going to be getting us as soon as they are ready as well."

"Doesn't matter if I’m unwell, they-" he started only to cut himself off with a serious of coughs.

Yoongi pulled the other back to the bed and made him sit down, supporting him. "We're all ill, I know you want to keep an eye on them, but you need to rest as well," he said softly when Seokjin stopped.

Seokjin didn't look happy with the words, but nodded in agreement, "Right, let's wait for them, I doubt any of us want something to eat. I know I don't."

"Same, and the others are agreeing with us. That's why Sejin and the others are having something to eat before coming to get us., Yoongi informed him quietly.

The went quiet for a while until someone knocked on the bedroom door. Yoongi jumped up, giving Seokjin a look as the elder went to get up. OPening it up, he saw the maknae line waiting outside, luggage behind them. They started walking is and just as Yoongi was about to close the door Namjoon and Hoseok walked over.

Jungkook and Jimin looked miserable as they went over to Yoongi’s bed and lay down on it. Curling up together, they closed their eyes as Taehyung looked on in worry. He followed them over to the bed, sitting behind Jimin and running his fingers through his hair, hoping to sooth the dancer. Yoongi slowly walked over as well, sitting beside Jungkook, Hoseok following the elder rapper as they looked down at the maknae. 

Seokjin looked around the room, "I think we should split into small groups so that we can look after each other better," he suggested softly.

Hoseok looked over at him, nodding, "Yeah, might be a good idea" he sniffed.

"Taehyung," Seokjin called to the younger singer, "Would you be all right with Jiminie?" he asked.

Taehyung looked up and nodded, "Of course, I feel somewhat okay at the moment."

"Make sure that you take something just in case, and if you start feeling worse then come to one of us. Don't try and deal with everything yourself again," he warned him. Taehyung nodded, going back to watching over Jimin.

"I'll watch over Jungkook," Yoongi volunteered.


"Same," Hoseok said, looking at Yoongi and then down at Jungkook.

"Okay," Seokjin said, shaking his head when Yoongi opened his mouth to say something. "Namjoon and I shall also partner up," he finalised, looking towards the youngest of the rap line where he was almost curled up in a chair.

"Okay," the others agreed, except for Yoongi.

Yoongi tried to say something again, "hyung-"

"We are sticking to those groups," Seokjin insisted, he was rather happy with the thought of two of them watching over the youngest member, Jungkook tended to play things down most of the time, "Now, I suggest that we all take something for our various ills, so we can at least try and have a peaceful flight."

Seokjin got up, grabbing medication and beginning to hand it out to the others, taking some for the nausea he was feeling thanks to all his coughing as well as for his cough. A half-hour later Sejin knocked on the door, leading them all to the waiting van. Each of them thankful that no one had been able to get past security and into the underground parking lot at the hotel.

Seokjin walked with Namjoon through the airport, behind them the others were keeping pace as they headed to their gate. Security surrounded them but there weren't many fans waiting for them, thankfully. Though they all knew that would change when it came to the other side of the flight. For now, they enjoyed the quick walk through the airport and to their gate, ready to board.