Chapter Eight

Silent Fever

Chapter Eight

Sejin parked the van and got out, there were fans all around. "We need to move quickly," he told them as he opened the door for them to climb out.

"Okay," Namjoon said, as he stepped out first, he raised a hand, a smile on his face as he waved to the fans. The others all doing the same. Security stopped the fans from surging forwards as they walked into the building.

As the heavy doors closed behind them, blocking out the sound of the screaming fans. Each of them slumped a little as they walked through the corridors. Sejin led the way towards the dressing rooms. Walking in they nodded to the makeup artist and the wardrobe people, smiling and greeting them.

"We have some food already out for you to snack on while waiting. I do wish you would have had a proper meal beforehand, but I understand why none of you did," Sejin said as he showed them where the food was set up.

"Thank you," Namjoon said with a smile. The group separated, with Jungkook and Jimin heading straight for the food, while Seokjin went over to one of the sofas and lay down, still tired. Yoongi and Taehyung settled down on another sofa while Namjoon and Hoseok grabbed something to drink for themselves and the others.

"Do you want anything to eat Jin-hyung?" Jungkook asked as he made his way over to the elder singer.

Seokjin opened his eyes and shook his head, "Not at the moment, may try and have some of the soup in a bit," he murmured.

Jungkook nodded, settling down and starting to eat. The others doing the same, either eating or drinking something as Seokjin dozed a little before they started to get ready. Normally they would all be active and practising, but none of them really had the energy.

XxXxX

Seokjin signed as he put on the first outfit he would be wearing that night. There were four changes for the night. He looked to the others, all of them looked drained, they had some of the medicine that had been in Yoongi's bag had been used, and all of them were hoping they would work. Seokjin took a step towards them, his legs giving out beneath him for a moment.

"Jin!" Jimin yelled out, grabbing him before he could hit the floor.

"Thanks," Seokjin said softly as soon as he stood up straight again.

"Are you really sure that you want to go on tonight?" Jimin asked, worry in his voice and eyes as he looked his hyung over.

Seokjin smiled, "I am."

"Hyung," Jungkook said as he walked over, "You... you almost fell Jin-hyung, you should take it easy."

"Jungkook-ah," he said softly, placing his hands on the younger singers shoulders, "I'm going to be fine. I really want to do this. Okay?"

Jungkook sighed, glancing back at the others. Namjoon looked at him, "If you feel ill at all, you go. Don't hang around. That goes for all of you. If you need to go you go," he said, making sure that hey would all get the point of his words.

None of them looked happy, but they nodded, Namjoon gave a smile "All right, we're due out on stage in a little over twenty minutes. Get yourselves ready."

They split up, except for Yoongi and Namjoon, the two shared a look before heading over to Seokjin.  "Jin-hyung," Yoongi called out to him.

Seokjin turned, the make up he was now wearing was hiding the paleness and the flush on his cheeks. "Yes Yoongi-yah?" he asked, putting down the water he was sipping at.

Namjoon sighed, "We're worried about you."

"Just as I'm worried about the rest of you, we're all ill, I'm no worse off than you two," Seokjin said with a wave of his hand.

"I just want to make sure you know that there is still a chance for you to sit out," Namjoon reminded him.

"And I hope you know that it should go for all of us, not just me," Seokjin pointed out, giving the two of them a look. "Yoongi, you and Tae have been ill, throwing up and I know that can be draining. You and Hoseok have a cold, that could easily turn nasty if you don't take care of it. We are all pushing ourselves. I won't be left behind," he told them, shaking his head. "I've taken something for the cough and for the fever, and I know you have all done the same. So please let this go and let's get ready."

Namjoon sighed, "hyung," he began.

"No, Joonie, no more we have to be on stage soon," Seokjin interrupted him before he could try and argue any more.

"All right, but as Namjoon said, you feel worse at all, you get off the stage," Yoongi reminded him.

Seokjin nodded, "Of course."

The group settled down, talking and reminded each other of what they would be doing during the small breaks they would get between songs on stage. Time always went fast during the last half hour when they were waiting to go up on stage. The excitement and adrenaline were pumping already. Getting into place they got ready. Soon enough the lights were on them and the music blasting around as they get in position for their first song of the night.