Chapter Ten

Silent Fever

Chapter Ten

Getting out of the van at the hotel was more difficult than they thought it would be. Fans were once again waiting for them, but they had been able to get into the underground parking lot. Shouting and screaming, calling their names. Seokjin put on a smile, even though all he wanted to do was to sleep, to rest. He looked to the other, and in their eyes, he could see the same tiredness. Waving to the fans, they quickly made their way towards the lift that would take them into the hotel, thankful that Security had been upped a little after the fans had tried to grab him that morning.


As soon as the doors of the lift closed on them, Seokjin fell backwards, leaning against the wall. Jimin stood next to him, reaching out a hand and holding it. Seokjin looked up, smiling, a small frown overtaking his face as he saw how pale the young dancer was. "You all right?" he whispered, looking over Jimin in worry.

Jimin smiled and nodded, "I'm okay, just tired."

Seokjin didn't believe him, squeezing his hand they went silent, the others talking quietly as they reached their floor. Heading out of the lift Seokjin began coughing again. Leaning against the wall for support the others crowded around him, blocking him from the view of anyone that might walk past. It took Seokjin a few moments before he finally stopped. Jin was leaning against the wall of the lift, breathing hard, trying to catch his breath, Namjoon went to his side and helped him from the wall. Letting the elder lean on him as they headed to his room.

Yoongi moved ahead, opening the door, Jungkook quickly rushing past, grabbing pillows and pilling them on Seokjin's bed. Namjoon walked in, with Seokjin leaning against. Leading Jin over to the bed, he helped the elder settle on the bed. Namjoon knelt down and helped him get his shoes off before making sure he was lying down properly. Seokjin lay back on the bed, closing his eyes for a moment and let himself drift.

"Well," Jungkook said as he looked at his hyungs as they started to move around the room to find somewhere to sit or lie.

"Yeah," Jimin said softly as he walked over to an armchair and curled up on it. He was pale and sweating a little still. Arms wrapped around his stomach.

Taehyung went over to Yoongi's bed, the elder heading there as well as the two of them took off their shoes and lay down on it. "Well, at least we can all sleep and go home tomorrow," Taehyung said with a grin, even though the others could see that he was in some pain. He scooted a little closer to Yoongi, seeking that little bit of warmth and comfort that the elder could give.

"Would be nice to be home again," Namjoon agreed, sitting on the edge of Seokjin's bed, reaching out and holding one of the older singers hands.

"And to sleep in my own bed," Seokjin said quietly, voice rough as he opened bleary eyes for a moment to smile at them all.

"That I-" Hoseok began, only to cut himself off with a sneeze, "am looking forward to," he finished, grabbing a tissue and blowing his nose.

"Think we all are, hyung," Jungkook grinned as he sat down on a chair near Hoseok.

A quiet groan sounded in the room. Glancing around eyes went to Jimin as he curled even more in the chair.

"Jimin?" Jungkook called out softly as he got up and went over.

Jimin tried to curl up even more before he jumped from the chair and rushed towards the bathroom, hand over his mouth. Seokjin saw and jumped up as well, wobbling a little as he and the others all began to follow.

"Everyone, stay out, he doesn't need an audience," Seokjin said as forcefully as he could and entered the bathroom first, closing the door behind him before the others could follow. Jimin was already bent over the toilet. He knelt down, coughing lightly into his shoulder before placing a hand on Jimin's back, rubbing up and down as the other continued to throw up. "it's okay Jiminie," he reassured. He could already see the tears forming in the young dancer's eyes.

A few minutes later Jimin had nothing else to bring up. He leaned back, almost collapsing against Seokjin. The elder gave a little grunt, wrapping his arms around him and grabbing the glass of water he had prepared and handed it to Jimin.

"Th... thank you," Jimin said hoarsely, throat sore. Hands shaking he took the glass and leaned forwards as he cleaned his mouth out.

Seokjin reached out as soon as he finished and flipped the lid down, before flushing the toilet. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly.

"Hurts," he answered, voice shaking, as he brought up a hand to wipe away a few traitorous tears.

"Oh Jiminie," he murmured, holding the younger and rocking him slightly.

Seokjin held him for a little while longer before someone knocked on the door. Turning slightly he watched Namjoon walk into the room. "Got some meds," he said, holding out a blister pack towards his hyung.

"Thank you," Seokjin said, taking it and quickly popping two of them out, "Jiminie, please take these, they should help," he coaxed gently.

Jimin uncurled a little and took the offered tables and with a few sips of water, they were gone. "Thank you," he said, voice shaking as he looked to the two.

Seokjin smiled gently, "Come on, let's get you to bed," he said, as Namjoon went over and helped the two of them up off the cold tiled floor.

"I think we should all head to bed, we'll need some sleep and rest for the flight tomorrow," Namjoon said, opening the door for them as the two shuffled through the quiet room.

"Is everything okay?" Taehyung asked, the others all waiting for an answer looking towards them.

"He's a little sick, so I'm making sure he goes to bed, I suggest that you all do the same as well," Seokjin answered softly.

The others nodded and began to get up, heading out of the door with Taehyung and Jungkook following behind him to their shared room. Seokjin looked to Namjoon as the rapper was going to follow them. "Go to bed, I can take care of this," he reassured him. "And leave me a card key," he added.

Namjoon watched him for a moment before he sighed, he handed over a spare card key and then walked with Hoseok to their own room. Seokjin headed into Jimin's room, the younger leaning against him as they walked over to the bed.

"I can change myself," Jimin insisted as Jungkook and Taehyung already began to change into their sleepwear.

"Okay," he smiled as the elder let Jimin change and went around the room gathering water for them all.

Jungkook climbed into his bed, he didn't look as tired as the rest, but Seokjin knew that would change as soon as the younger actually lay down and let himself rest a little after all the dancing and singing that they had done on stage. "Night Jin-hyung," he said curling up on his bed.

Seokjin smiled at him, ruffling his hair before going over to Jimin, "If you need me, call me, I'll keep my phone on sound so I'll hear it," he told him, "Same goes for you Taehyung," he finished, a soft smile on his face, "Night."

"Night," came twin replies.

Heading out of the room, he grabbed one of the card keys so he could let himself in later to check on them. He started walking towards his room. Starting to cough he leaned against the wall, glancing down the corridor to make sure no one was there. He let himself sink to the floor, trying to catch his breath as he coughed. Gasping he tried to control it. Leaning his head back as he finished he let himself rest for a moment before getting up and heading back to his room.

Seokjin let himself in, being quiet in case Yoongi had fallen asleep. Glancing around the darkened room, he could just about make out where he was going.

"Hey," Yoongi said, voice quiet as he rolled over to watch the elder make his way into the room.

"Go to sleep, I'm just going to shower and go to bed," he said as he watched Yoongi settle back down. Grabbing his things he went to take a quick shower. Tiredly he got out, dried and dressed. Taking some of the cough syrup before getting into bed, hoping it would help him a little. Setting his alarm, he closed his eyes and quickly fell into an exhausted sleep.