Chapter Twenty Five

Silent Fever

Chapter Twenty Five

 

Everyone was settled in the living room, it had been almost three weeks since they returned home. And everyone but Jin had recovered. The eldest was wrapped up in a couple of blankets, much to his annoyance, and forced to remain on the sofa as the others moved around him. Jin had woken up that morning feeling tired and breathless, and as soon as the others had noticed they had made him sit down and practically waited on him hand and foot.

 

“Hyung Nim,” Jin greeted as Sejin walked into the living room, the others all quickly making their way to see what their manager had to say.

 

“How are you feeling Jin-ah?” he asked, a soft smile on his face as he sat down in one of the armchairs.

 

“Tired,” he answered honestly as he saw the glare aimed at him from Yoongi, “Today is a… bad day,” he admitted, turning his head as he started to cough.

 

“But do you feel any better?” Sejin asked as they started to sit down around them.

 

“A bit, my chest doesn’t feel as bad, just the cough that is really lingering,” he replied when he stopped, Namjoon sitting next to him on the sofa.

 

“Good to know you’re feeling better at least,” he smiled at him and then glanced at the others, “Right, so your last check up was yesterday and you’ve all been cleared to go back to practice. So in two days, you’re all, except Jin-ah, will be back in the studio,” he informed them all.

 

“Will be nice to get back into things,” Jungkook grinned as he settled back against the sofa he was leaning against. Yoongi and Hoseok sitting on it behind him.

 

“I’ve missed dancing,” Jimin smiled leaning on Taehyung’s shoulder from where they were sat on the floor together.

 

“Well, you’ll be starting on half days for the first couple of days, and then back to a full schedule after that,” he added.

 

“You sure I can’t just come along?” Jin asked, sounding hopeful.

 

“No,” Namjoon and Yoongi answered him together.

 

“Hyung,” Yoongi began, “I know you’d rather be doing something, but you haven’t been cleared to go back, you need to rest up a little more.”

 

“Another week and then you can come back, though again you’ll only be doing a half day, maybe less depending on how you are feeling during the day,” Sejin reassured him, seeing the pout on the eldest members face.

 

“I could always just sit to the side, doing nothing?” he suggested, hoping they would go for that instead.

 

“Hyung, you’re going to stay home and rest up, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can,” Namjoon commented softly.

 

“I just don't want to be alone all the time, it’s boring,” he complained, pulling a face.

 

“We know, but you’re still not fully recovered, and we also know that you won't be for a while,” Hoseok said from where he was sat with Yoongi and Jungkook.

 

“Just take it easy, enjoy the peace while we’re not here,” Namjoon smiled at him.

 

“Hmm,” he hummed, though it didn’t sound happy to the others as he dropped it.

 

“So we’re just going to be back at practice for a while before anything else?” Jungkook asked, glancing over at Sejin.

 

“Yes, we’re not going to schedule anything else for you for at least another month, to make sure you’re all fully recovered,” he replied, “Right, I’m going to leave you all be, have some fun, okay,” he smiled as he got up and left the dorm.

 

“Well, let's do what he suggested and have some fun,” Taehyung grinned as he got up, “Do you feel up to having lunch out?” he asked Jin as he looked over at him.

 

“Yes,” Jin grinned, already struggling to get the blankets that the others had brought out for him off, “I’m overheating in that lot,” he muttered as he finally got the last one off, a small pile on the floor before him.

 

“Hmm,” Jimin said, “I think we might have gone a little overboard,” he smiled.

 

“A little,” Jin snorted, walking out of the room and towards the bedroom to get changed.

 

XxXxX

 

Jin moved around the kitchen with ease. He had the whole place to himself, and it still felt a little odd to be in the dorm alone. They had gone back two days ago, and it would be another five days before he would get a chance to go back. Putting away the food that he had cooked, the meat and rice were the last things he packed away ready to take with him.

 

Jin looked at the three large bags, it was almost lunchtime, and it shouldn't take him too long to get to the studio. He coughed a few times and then washed his hands. Grabbing the bags he went to the entrance, putting on his coat and shoes and headed out. He went down to the carpark and got in his car. He hadn't driven it in a while. Smiling to himself as he the music, letting it blast as he started the car and pulled out of his parking space and towards the studio, singing along with what was playing.

 

It didn’t take him long to head inside the building and up to the right floor. He opened the door to the dance room and smiled at their instructor, he had been the first one to notice him.

 

“I didn’t think you were supposed to be in for a while longer?” he asked, heading over and turning the music off.

 

“Hyung!” the others exclaimed as soon as they spotted him. Heading over all of them shouting over each other. But they were mainly saying the same thing. What he was doing there when he should be at home resting.

 

“I’m fine, I was bored, so I thought I would make lunch for us all and bring it over,” he smiled as he walked into the room fully. Letting them see the bags he was carrying. Namjoon and Jungkook quickly took them off him.

 

“We really appreciate it hyung,” Taehyung said as he bounced closer and hugged him, “thank you,” he smiled.

 

Jin smiled back, “Welcome, now let's get it set out and eat. I’m hungry,” he grinned as he went to join everyone at the edge of the room.

 

Taehyung nodded, letting him go and following him. Namjoon and Yoongi spread everything out between the group, filling the bowls that Jin had brought with him they began to eat.

 

“I really do appreciate this hyung,” Namjoon said softly, glancing over at him, “But are you okay?” he asked, a little worried.

 

Jin smiled softly, “I’m fine Joonie, I can’t just laze around all day. So I thought instead of having lunch alone and you all finding something here. I decided to cook and bring lunch to you all,” he answered him, eating a little more of the rice and some vegetables.

 

“All right,” Namjoon sighed, he could see the warning glint in Jin’s eyes not to carry on with telling him off for coming.

 

“Good,” he nodded, turning to the others and started to ask how things were going.

 

XxXxX

 

Namjoon opened the front door, all of them quickly entering and taking off their shoes before they entered the dorm. They were tried, they had done a full day of practice. Their first since the tour had ended. He walked into the living room and stopped. Jin was fast asleep on the sofa, a book on his chest and glasses on his face.

 

“Oh,” Yoongi muttered behind him as he walked around to see what had caused Namjoon to stop.

 

“You should get him to bed,” Jimin advised as he headed towards the bathroom, “I need a shower, who’s doing dinner tonight?” he asked as he walked away.

 

“Not it!” Taehyung and Jungkook yelled out.

 

“SHUSH!” Yoongi and Namjoon hushed the two of them, eyes wide.

 

Everyone froze as they heard Jin shift around on the sofa. Watching as he loved, his glasses now digging into his face as the book that had been on his chest, fell with a dull thud onto the floor. They all breathed a collective sigh of relief when Jin settled down into sleep.

 

“Right, I’ll cook tonight,” Hoseok volunteered, “Yoongi hyung, wanna help?” he asked, turning to the elder.

 

Yoongi nodded, “Sure,” he agreed following the dancer to the kitchen.

 

Namjoon quietly went over to the sofa and knelt down, “Hyung,” he whispered as he gently brushed dark bangs from Jin’s eyes. Slowly and carefully he took Jin’s glasses off, folding them and placing them on an end table.

 

“Joonie hyung,” Jungkook said as he held out a blanket to the rapper, “Got this,” he smiled.

 

“Thanks,” Namjoon smiled back, taking the blanket before flicking it out and covering Jin with it, “Right,” he said, standing back up, “Let’s keep it down and let him sleep,” he said as he started to usher Jungkook and Taehyung from the room.

 

“I’m next after Jimin,” Jungkook whispered as he darted away from them, Taehyung hot on his heels as the two fought for who would use the bathroom next.

 

“There is another bathroom you know,” he reminded them.

 

“That's mine,” Jungkook grinned, turning quickly and heading to the other bathroom.

 

Namjoon smiled as he watched them, heading to his room to gather what he was going to change into.

 

XxXxX

 

It was an hour later when Namjoon went back, kneeling down, “Hyung, time to wake up,” he said softly, gently shaking his shoulder.

 

Jin blinked slowly, “Hmm,” he grumbled.

 

“It’s time for dinner,” he said softly as he helped Jin to sit up on the sofa, “you sure you’re up for coming back tomorrow?” he asked him, a hint of worry in his voice.

 

Jin scowled, “I’m fine Joonie,” he protested, “I only fell asleep because I was so bored,” he muttered as he got up and the two made their way into the kitchen. The scowl dropped from his face as he saw the others. While it was nice to have a little time to himself occasionally, he was used to the noise that the others brought to his life. Sitting down at the table, the dishes of meat, vegetables and rice were passed around as each took what they wanted, inane chatter filling the air.