Chapter One

Silent Fever

Chapter One

 

Seokjin followed the others, gratefully drinking some water from his bottle. The coolness of the liquid soothed his sore throat. He rubbed at it, giving a small cough and then doing his best to suppress the ones that wanted to follow. Walking through the corridor, he stopped, glancing to the side to see a lone door. He went inside, glad that there was no one else inside. Closing the door, he leaned against it as the suppressed coughs broke free. Minutes later they were over, hunched over, he breathed hard, trying to get his breathing under control.

 

Seokjin took a shaky breath, standing up and drinking some more water. Leaving the room, he quietly closed the door, hoping no one had noticed him leaving. Spotting the others listening as Sejin was talking to them all, he hurried over to them. Yoongi looked over to him, a questioning look on his face. Seokjin let a small smile form on his face, shaking his head, as the group started to make their way through the backstage area.

 

“Please come with me,” one of the stylists smiled at him. He watched as the others were led off with their own as they began getting ready for the concert to start.

 

Almost half hour later Seokjin was free from the stylist noonas, heading towards the table of food and drinks that were set up for them all. He grabbed another bottle of water to drink, not feeling like having anything to eat. He felt a little sick if he was honest with himself. Opening the bottle and drinking, happy that the water was cold.

 

"You all right?" a quiet voice asked from behind him.

 

Seokjin coughed as he choked on the water a little, turning around,"I'm fine Kookie," he reassured Jungkook with a small smile.

 

Jungkook didn't look convinced, "Jin-Hyung, I-"

 

The maknae of the group was cut off as one of the backstage personal went over to them, "You’ve got to go."

 

"Come on Kookie," Seokjin smiled, ushering him towards the wings, waiting for when they would be headed out onto the stage. Jungkook reluctantly let himself be dragged to the wings, getting the others with a smile.

 

The lights on the stage went on, and the screaming began. Excited smiles went around as they headed out onto the stage. Greeting their fans with as much enthusiasm they could manage. Seokjin coughed slightly, as they headed into the first song of the night. Seokjin had never been happier that after a few songs they would be able to go backstage for a few moments to get something to drink and for a wardrobe change. Taking those moments alone most of the time, away from the others as he coughed, and struggled to catch his breath after the demanding choreography.

 

 

Throughout the next three hours Seokjin did his best to keep up with the other, and the energy they were putting into the concert. The young man was tried, his energy spent as the night drew to an end. With one last song, he got into place again. When it came to his line, his voice shook, Yoongi glanced towards him, eyes narrowing slightly as he saw the utter exhaustion on his hyungs face.

 

Namjoon took to addressing the fans, thanking them for being wonderful. The others walking around the stage, bowing to them all, smiling and waving. With one last wave to the screaming crowd, they headed off the stage, taking the offered water by the stagehands. They made their way to a small seated area, with a few sofas and chairs dotted around. Namjoon and Hoseok rested their heads against the back of the sofa they had sat down on. Seokjin could see the two of them were tired, he felt much the same. Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung were laughing, smiling and talking. Yoongi sat on one of the chairs, watching the three of them and then glancing over to Seokjin. The elder of the two smile, sitting on the last empty sofa himself and letting his tried body rest for a moment.

 

Seokjin took a seat, drinking some of his water. Trying to suppress a cough didn’t work for long. Coughing, he began to choke on the water he was trying to drink. The others jumped up and rushed over. Jimin getting there first, as he was on the next sofa. He patted his hyung on the back, hoping to help a little. They were crowding around Seokjin, as he tried to wave away their concerned looks as he tried to stop his coughing.

 

"Hyung," Jimin worried as the coughing began to subside, leaving Seokjin drained, leaning against the back of the sofa.

 

"I'm... I'm okay," Seokjin breathed hard as he tried to straighten up, black spots dancing in his eyes.

 

"You're not," Jungkook countered, "Hyung," he began, Seokjin stopping him with a shake of his head.

 

Yoongi looked at the maknae and then at his hyung, "Jin-hyung," he said reaching towards him.

 

"I'm fine," Seokjin said, backing away slightly, batting away the hands, "We-" he was cut off by another cough. "Sorry," he smiled softly, "We should finish up here and head back to the hotel. We have a fan signing tomorrow before our last concert here in Osaka."

 

"Everyone," Sejin called to them all, "Go and change, we'll be heading back to the hotel soon. Seokjin, please remain." Seokjin frowned as the others got up and slowly walked away to change. Sejin waited until the last of them were out of sight. “How are you feeling?”

 

“I’m okay, just a little tired. Though I think we all are,” Seokjin answered softly.

 

“If you need to, you can miss tomorrows fan signing. That way you’ll be able to rest up for the concert tomorrow night. I’ve already been able to sort that out for you,” Sejin spoke softly.

 

“It’s only one more day, I can do it,” Seokjin said, shaking his head.

 

Sejin reached out as Seokjin swayed slightly, “I would rather you rest for tomorrow night. You’re not well, and while the others may not have fully noticed, they are seeing that you’re more tired than normal at the end of a tour.”

 

“I can do this Manager-nim,” Seokjin said, trying his best to remain upright, “We only have the one last day,” he reminded him softly, glancing towards the room where the others would be changing into their street clothes

 

Sejin sighed, “You are so stubborn,” shaking his head, “All right, go and change, you need to rest as much as you can during the night. I want you to rest up during the day as much as you can before the fan signing and between that and the concert?” he bargained.

 

Seokjin smiled and nodded slightly, wincing as the room spun a little, “I will,” he promised.

 

"You better," he said as he watched Seokjin head off to where the others were to change.

 

Sejin waited, and soon enough the seven members of BTS were climbing into the minivan. Some of them were talking, excited after the concert and how well it had gone. Others were tired, but happy smiles on their faces. Sejin glanced towards Seokjin, who was quietly leaning against the window, quickly falling into a light doze. He wasn't happy about the eldest of the group pushing himself so much. Sejin had found the other coughing badly in his room before they left for Osaka. He had no doubt that the eldest of the group had been hiding it for some time already. Starting up the minivan he headed out of the parking lot and towards their hotel.