You Intrigue Me

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: Thank you for liking alpha!yuta  as a concept. And by the way, Jaehyun and Sicheng are twins ^^

 

 

-----

 

Of course, they will push him to mate with Taeyong because he has to admit the omega prince is in deed beautiful. But Yuta really wanted more than a beautiful face or a kind demeanor, he wanted a fighter. He busied himself with training, fighting off his soldiers one by one until Seungcheol approached him to relay a request from the royal guard. Yuta liked the idea; fresh blood is always welcomed.

 

 

“Prince Jaehyun would be delighted to spar with you your majesty.” Yungho said and Yuta frowned at the guard.

 

‘Can you just call me Yuta? I just don’t like being called prince all the time.” Yuta huffed and Youngho nodded. “Is the climate too extreme for you?” Yuta turned to the freezing omega by Youngho side and Chittaphon shook his head, but Yuta knew it was a lie. “Please be honest with me. I am not a strict alpha and we are not one for the norms, heck Jeonghan isn’t even doing his job half of the time.” Yuta blurted out making Seungcheol laugh and earning him a slap on the arms. “Here.” Yuta took his coat and handed it to the omega who looked at Youngho. “Your mate?” Yuta asked.

 

‘Not yet but as soon as Prince Taeyong mates, we’ll finalized it.” Yougnho said and Yuta nodded.

 

“He is freezing.” Yuta remarked and Youngho took the offered article and draped it on Chittaphon.  “How do you find our tribe?” Yuta asked and Youngho smiled at him.

 

“Quite a view. Snow is something our tribe doesn’t experience even in frigid winters.” Youngho answered.

 

“And summer isn’t a thing here, I guess we can call it even.” Yuta answered making Youngho laugh.

 

“I like your personality your majesty.” Youngho remarked. “Give me a day or so then I could challenge you to a one on one.” Youngho said making Yuta grin.

 

“I like the sound of that.” Yuta grinned and led them back inside to warm up. “Have you tried the hot cocoa? Kun makes the best one here.” Yuta asked and both Muhanuinian shook their heads. “Gather your charges, let’s have a chat.” Yuta patted Youngho’s shoulder and walked towards his quarters.

 

 

“Your majesty!” Chittaphon called out and Yuta smiled at him. “Your coat.” The omega returned the item and Yuta smiled at him and thanked him.

 

“Rumors are true, he has a beautiful smile.” Chittaphon sighed making Youngho glare at him. “But your smile is charming my love.” He added and kissed Youngho’s cheek making the alpha relax and smile at his omega.

 

“You two are gross.” Taeyong said as he stepped out of his room and the four bowed at him.

 

“This is my mate and Prince Yuta’s guard, Seungcheol.” Jeonghan introduced his mate who bowed and Taeyong acknowledged him.

 

“You two look really good together.” Taeyong remarked.

 

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” Seungcheol replied.

 

“We are invited for a cup of cocoa.” Chittaphon informed his charge who nodded and went back to his room to grab a coat because it was really cold in the Kusari tribe’s territory.

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan led the way to a den where the fire is lit and the place was warm and comfortable. Pillows and fleece blankets were laid around a blazing fire while the walls were covered with paintings and drawings of different calibers. He found his brothers already huddled to a side so he took a seat next to Jaehyun who had smiled at him, dimples at full show.

 

“You should try Prince Kun’s hot cocoa!” Sicheng beamed next to Jaehyun and on cue, Kun offered the drink to Taeyong.

 

“You can just call me Kun-ge, Sicheng.” Kun said and then smiled at the princes.

 

“He has a pretty smile.” Sicheng giggled and both brothers looked at the younger with an exasperated expression on their faces. “He is cute!” Sicheng pouted and then Jaehyun laughed, remembering how transparent his twin brother was.

 

 

“Are you adjusting well your highnesses?” Yuta asked when he reached the den and the three politely answered him. “Ah, I would like to request that you drop the formalities, I am as same as you are.” Yuta said with a small smile.

 

“Yuta hyung?” Sicheng asked and Yuta smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes please, call me that instead.” Yuta replied and Sicheng mirrored the smile back.

 

“You really have a pretty smile hyung! But I like Kun-ge’s smile better.” Sicheng remarked making Yuta laugh.

 

“Have you taken a liking to my brother?” Yuta asked but Sicheng just smiled at him making Yuta laugh even more.

 

 

Kun however did not like the attention so he threw a pillow towards Yuta who expertly caught it with one hand.

 

“Better your aim Kun.” Yuta remarked and the younger nodded before snuggling into his blanket. “Youngho asked me if you could train with us and I would be delighted to spar with you.” Yuta said to the group.

 

“I’ll pass, I prefer to dance than to hold a blade.” Sicheng said and everyone looked at him, some gaping. “What? I am no alpha and I didn’t want to be trained in fighting.” Sicheng said making Soonyoung laugh.

 

“How about you teach me some of your dances and I teach you ours?” Soonyoung suggested and at the mention of an opportunity to dance, Sicheng latched on it.

 

“You dance?” Siheng asked and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“Not all alphas here are forced to fight just as omegas not being forced to submit. My twin here is a force to be reckon with.” Soonyoung pointed to a glaring Doyoung who snarled at his twin. “See, he’s an omega but I am afraid of him and Jihoon.” Soonyoung pointed to the small male by the corner nursing some sugary drink.

 

 

‘This will be fun!” Sicheng beamed at him.

 

“If that is the case, let me join your training Yuta hyung.” Jaehyun said and Yuta grinned at him.

 

“Very well, I find that beneficial for both of us don’t you think?” Yuta asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

----

 

It took a day for the Muhanui tribe to adjust with the climate and on the first chance that they could get, they tried on to blend in with the Kusari tribe. Sicheng was delighted as He danced his heart out for Soonyoung who praised him extensively. Jihoon was not happy about it though as he played the  timpani a little harder than he should have. Sicheng maybe gullible but he surely wasn’t stupid so when Soonyoung left to get refreshments, he sat next to the omega and smiled at him.

 

“You know, you don’t have to hurt the timpani.” Sicheng said making Jihoon glare at him. “I like Soonyoung hyung because he is a great dancer but I like his cousin better.” Sicheng said then stood to greet Soonyoung and Kun who brought iced tea and biscuits which Kun informed them to be made by Taeyong.

 

“You should watch Sicheng dance, he is awesome!” Soonyoung remarked making Sicheng blush while Kun chuckled.

 

“I am all up for it.” Kun replied and sat next to his cousin as Sicheng winked at Jihoon to play the timpani once more.

 

Jihoon was glaring intensely at Sicheng but was soon mesmerized as the Muhanuinian danced more fluidly this time, limbs extending to reach lengths unknown and body moving like bones did not exist. Jihoon understood and he blushed as he watched Sicheng finished his performance, the Muhanuinian surely danced differently when he was with Soonyoung; this time Sicheng was not dancing to impress, he was dancing to seduce and entrap a certain alpha.

 

“Woah, that was more amazing than what you showed me.” Soonyoung stood from his seat and praised the dancer and Sicheng blushed as he faced Kun who was clapping vigorously.

 

“Outstanding Sicheng!” Kun said and Sicheng thanked him then turned to Jihoon to wink at him.

---

 

Doyoung was bored because his cousin chose to be a warrior more than a prince at the moment and that left him with nothing to do but watch alphas battle each other with swords. Sharpened metal clashed as each prince attacked the other with precision. Jaehyun was at a disadvantage though because the younger alpha was not accustomed to the climate and air pressure in the kusari territories. Jaehyun was visibly struggling but Doyoung could care less about the prince in favor of worrying over important documents to be reviewed and signed.

 

“You’re already exhausted.” Yuta remarked and Jaehyun huffed.

 

“Yeah, it is much more difficult to fight in this territory.” Jaehyun confessed.

 

“That is one of the reasons why we succeed, we have home advantage.” Yuta remarked and JAehyun nodded.

 

“It will be a great work out.” Jaehyun huffed and Yuta laughed at him but not in a mocking way, it was more appreciative more than anything else. But he stopped when he caught something from his peripheral vision. ‘I’ll leave you to Doyoung, you can challenge him, he’s good in swords.” Yuta said then ran towards the figure leaving a confused Jaehyun and a pissed off Doyoung.

 

“I hate you Yuta hyung!” Doyoung shouted as he stomped on the snow and grabbed a sword to raise at Jaehyun.

 

“Can you at least let me breathe?” Jaehyun asked but Doyoung glared at him and charged.  Jaehyun was caught off guard but he raised his sword to defend himself. “Damn you have powerful strikes!” Jaehyun said and then pushed the sword away from him and began to attack.

 

“We don’t bark, we bite.” Doyoung said and with determined eyes, charged again to engage the prince in a battle.

 

“Your majesty!” Seokmin, Jaehyun’s retainer, shrieked from the side but Vernon just rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s kind of pathetic how an alpha can be easily overpowered by an omega.” Seungkwan, Doyoung’s retainer, remarked.

 

“Kwannie, Prince Jaehyun is in clear disadvantage here.” Joshua, Doyoung’s guard and an alpha, reprimanded his partner.

 ----

 

Taeyong was curious when he looked out his balcony and found and sculpted stoned winding down into a cave. It was odd, why would it be visibly concealed in all the contrasting logic he could come up with. So he took the thickest coat he was given and made his way towards the rocky steps.  Curiosity may end up killing him this time but he did not care at the moment; at least death is better than mating with some obsessed alpha. So he made his way, passing and greeting servants along the way and barely avoiding his retainer who was busy cheering for Youngho who was sparring with Seungcheol. He took tentative steps down the steep steps and noticed how it was on the edge of a cliff, it was bothering him a bit but he made it that far so better deal with it.

 

He took careful steps down, gripping on the cold stone by his side to guide him down and surprisingly, he reached the mouth of the cave with relived sigh. But when he turned around, he shrieked and moved away as a person greeted him abruptly. When he calmed his racing heart, he glared at the person who dared to scare the out of him, it was Prince Yuta. He grited his teeth and took a handful of snow and threw it at the laughing prince, hitting the alpha square on the jaw.

 

“You have a good aim.’ Yuta’s eyes were dark as he approached the omega making Taeyong backed up on the cold stone wall.

 

Out of panic, Taeyong withdrew a dagger from his belt and raised it towards Yuta who eyed the metal while his lips drew into a smirk.

 

“Such a brave soul for a beautiful face.” Yuta said as he drew nearer and with one swift move, he had taken the dagger from Taeyong. But Taeyong recovered as he kicked the alpha in his shin and forced Yuta to his knees.  “My, you are something.” Yuta laughed but soon tensed as he felt the shift of the wind.  “Follow me please.” Yuta said, face stoic and eyes dead serious.

 

“If I don’t?” Taeyong dared to say back.

 

“You can freeze to death, the winds are changing, a storm is coming.” Yuta merely said as he tapped on a few rocks before pushing what seemed to be solid rock wall. Taeyong’s eyes widened as he watched the alpha moved the rock like he was some super human but Yuta just shrugged and invited him in. “Your choice your majesty.” Yuta shrugged and entered. A stronger wind blew and made Taeyong shiver thus he ran after Yuta who chuckled and then pushed the stone back to it’s original position.

 

The cave was dark and Taeyong sensed danger, Yuta could him here but he heard rocks being flicked and soon a fire was lit at the base of the door before the flames ran the entire sides of the hall. Yuta held a torch and walked in the middle of the flames, the cave now illuminated and temperature was coming up to a comfortable temperature.

 

Taeyong’s eyes widened as they reached the end of the hall where the flames converged into a fire pit. Yuta placed the torch into one of the columns and invited the omega to sit on one of the fleece covered stone slab surrounding the fire pit.

 

“What’s this place?” Taeyong dared to ask.

 

“a refuge.” Yuta answered, pulling a lever to open a vent directly on top of the fire pit. “Technically this was built for alpha princes for mating but growing up, our father had allowed us to use it as our play room, call it a tree house in your culture.” Yuta explained. “there’s a snow storm that we had failed to predict and it’s a good thing I saw you coming here or else you’ll freeze to death.” Yuta said and that did not set right for Taeyong, was he calling him useless?

 

Yuta then took a piece of flat wood sheet and covered the pit for a coupe of seconds before he released it, the smoke became thick and fluted towards the opening. Yuta repeated it a couple of times before he closed the vent.

 

“What was that for?” Taeyong asked and Yuta grinned at him.

 

“I’m telling the others that we are both safe.” Yuta said and tended to the fire.

 

 

----

 

Seungcheol and Doyoung felt the change in the wind and both made eye contact. Doyoung then grabbed Jaehyun’s arm and led him inside the palace as others followed behind them. “Where’s Yuta?” Seungcheol called out and Doyoung informed him that he went to the direction of the cliff.

 

“Youngho! Youngho!” They heard Chittaphon calling and the omega was sobbing as he told his alpha that he couldn’t find the omega charge. “They maids were telling us to brace ourselves for a snow storm so I came to inform Taeyong. But he was no in his room and someone said that they saw them leave the palace.” Chittaphon informed the guard who felt tense at the mention of Taeyong missing.

 

 

“Seungcheol, we got smoke signal from the refuge, Yuta and Prince Taeyong are safe.” Joshua informed the guard who nodded.

 

“Yuta may have seen Prince Taeyong walking towards the area, they are okay, the storm will last probably 3 days at most.” Seungcheol informed them.

 

“Are they really safe?” Chittaphon asked and this time it was Jeonghan who smiled at him.

 

“Yuta is not a person who will take advantage of people. Trust in our alpha prince.” Jeonghan said and Chittaphon nodded.

 

----

 

“Don’t you have horns?” Taeyong asked.

 

‘If we did blow horns, the sound could trigger an avalanche.” Yuta explained. This is a treacherous territory and we have been raised to befriend the harsh extremes.” Yuta explained.

 

“How are we be able to survive in here?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smiled at him, a true wide and handsome smile.

 

“This is a refuge, it’s meant to make you safe.” Yuta took a torch and lit more torches until the entire room was illuminated and Taeyong gasped even more, it was a functioning house! “The kitchen is fully stocked, you can cook if you are hungry. But I hope you’d share them with me because I can’t cook.” Yuta said making Taeyong laugh loudly, un-omega like but it made Yuta smile.

 

“typical alpha.” Taeyong remarked before rummaging the kitchen for food to prepare.

 

 

Taeyong found some cured meats from what seemed to be mountain boar and reindeer. His eyes went wide because it was very expensive for them to procure such rare cuts. He took a chopping board and a knife to carve some slices for cooking, obviously delighted with trying new dishes to cook. Yuta watched the omega hold the knife and carve the meat. He was intrigued by the guts the omega prince had, venturing out into the steep cliff and reaching the refuge without slipping. He wanted to test the omega, he wanted to know if he really is just a pretty face or there is something more that he is not telling.

 

So with stealthy steps, he approached the omega and tried to grab his waist. But Taeyong felt the danger and he quickly ed the knife to his attacker. Yuta was surprised but he expertly avoided the knife and grabbed Taeyong’s wrists and turned the knife blade towards his neck as he pushed him back on the wall as gently as he could.

 

“Let go of me.” Taeyong demanded but Yuta was staring at him dead in the eyes, scrutinizing him and Taeyong felt like he was being stripped by the alpha.

 

“You intrigue me Taeyong.” Yuta spoke low and it sent shivers down Taeyong’s spine. “You are something I am not used to.” Yuta said then locked eyes with Taeyong. “Show me who you really are Prince Taeyong.” Yuta said.

 

 

“I will not submit to you.” Taeyong replied, defiant and confident, it sparked something inside Yuta.

 

“I’m not asking you to.” Yuta replied. “Show me who you really are, I maybe able to help you.” Yuta said in finality before he released the omega and beaming him the sweetest smile Taeyong had seen in his lifetime.

 

“You won’t like my true nature.” Taeyong replied, breathing heavily as he locked eyes with the alpha once more.

 

“Try me.” Yuta challenged and Taeyong rolled up his sleeves and rolled his neck at the challenge.