Prelude to a brewing storm

An Omega Worth Fighting For

Sicheng was all over Kun and had been bragging the alpha to his parents who were all but smiles for the cute alpha who looked soft and gentle. Kun was apologetic but Yunho and Jaejoong assured him that they were happy to meet him.

 

“would you need to adjust to our climate Prince Yuta?” Yoochun asked and Yuta shook his head.

 

‘Just Yuta would do sir. And maybe a day’s rest will be enough.” Yuta answered and Yoochun nodded.

 

“Youngho.” Yoochun addressed his son who looked at his father with serious eyes. “bring them to town tomorrow, I am quite sure they would like to experience some fun before we get serious.” Yoochun said and Youngho smiled and nodded happily.

 

“Can we join?” Sicheng asked and Yunho nodded.

 

“Of course, who else would accompany Prince Kun?” Yunho asked Sicheng who immediately hugged his father.

 

Dinner was a loud occasion but Jaehyun was not really his usual happy self. Both Taeyong and Yuta noticed this and the pair had really been in sync with their emotions and observation skills that it had really not been a wonder when they expressed the same woes at each other. After the dessert, they were led back to their rooms, with Sicheng kissing Kun’s cheek before dasing to the opposite hall towards his room. Taeil apologized for his charge and Kun assured him that it was okay making the retainer sigh in relief before going after his charge.

 

Yuta had walked Taeyong to his room and the two lingered at the door making both Seungcheol and Youngho roll their eyes but smiled fondly at how the two are developing, it was a wonderful albeit cringey sight but if their charges are happy then they have no objections. Yuta bid his goodnight and kissed Taeyong’s forehead making the omega blush as he waved and entered his room. Yuta was smiling wide that Jeonghan to remind his charge that it was going to form premature wrinkles on his face; Yuta did not really care though.

 

Jaehyun was a different story though as he met his father and uncle inside the King’s office to hand in a scroll he had previously written. Both Changmin and Yunho knew the contents without even looking and they both frowned at him.

 

“We are not demanding you to step right in, we would want you to freely live your life until necessary.” Yunho told his second born and Jaehyun nodded.

 

 

“this is what I desire father.” Jaehyun replied.

 

“We know you Jaehyun, you are not yet ready to do this.” Changmin remarked making Jaehyun’s quiver.

 

“We’ll talk again in two days, enjoy your outing tomorrow.” Yunho said and placed the scroll inside a drawer. “Rest well Jaehyun.” Yunho dismissed his son who nodded then left the office

 

Jaehyun sighed as he walked towards his room when he noticed a person wandering the halls like he was looking for something. Jaehyun approached the person slowly and smiled as he saw it was Doyoung. He greeted the older and Doyoung was surprised to see Jaehyun but greeted him out of respect.

 

“Are you lost?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung would say otherwise but he was indeed lost so he nodded. “Where are you going?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung sighed.

 

“Library.” Doyoung replied.

 

“oh, have you found Freed but Limited?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded. “Ah, let me help you then.” Jaehyun smiled then led Doyoung towards the library.

 

The walk was quiet and Doyoung noticed how Jaehyun had changed from a carefree prince to a more trained one. He wondered if the change was brought by the responsibility as a crowned prince but he did not voice it out loud. Jaehyun opened a double door and to Doyoung’s delight, the room was filled with books from floor to ceiling. Jaehyun led him towards a section and took a book out from the shelf like he had memorized the place and handed it to Doyoung with a smile.

 

“Here it is.” Jaehyun said and then motioned for Doyoung to take a seat at the bench sill. “The lighting here is amazing. Would you need company?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung shook his head.

 

“Can I bring this to my room?” Doyoung asked and Jaehyun nodded.

 

‘of course.” Jaehyun replied and led them back to where the bedrooms are. “Please don’t stay up too late to enjoy the trip tomorrow.” Jaehyun bowed and left Doyoung to ponder at the attitude Jaehyun had sported.

 

They were all woken up at the crack of dawn and after cleaning up and dressing down into more casual and comfortable clothes, they were then seated at the breakfast nook enjoying a feast courtesy of a glowing Taeyong. The omega excitedly told them about the dishes and Yuta was ever beaming at his mate, and Taeyong blushed seeing how Yuta’s eyes sparkle at eating food he made; he promised himself that he’ll do better and learn all the Kusarian dishes to feed the castle.

 

 

“Enjoy your day!” Jaejoong waved at them and they waved back with delighted smiles as the carriages went away.

 

The trip to town was shorter than what the Kusarian expected and once they got off at the palace square, they were welcomed by a bright sun and even brighter smiles from the townsfolks. They were greeted as they passed by the market stalls and shops. Kun’s eyes widened at the assortment of herbs and vegetables, stuff that they don’t really have at the snowy mountains of Kusari. Sicheng took the opportunity to drag the alpha towards the produce section of the market with their entourage following closely.

 

Soonyoung and Junhui got pulled in by the various silks and textiles while Jihoon and Wonwoo took a liking to the musical instruments and traditional medicines. Their entourage following them like hawk but gave them free reign. Taeyong chuckled seeing how excited they were to see things they never had in Kusari.

 

“Do you have some weapons?” Yuta inquired and Taeyong nodded and led him towards the metal works area. Yuta’s eyes sparkled as well as Seungcheol as they looked at the blacksmiths working on hot metal. “We have to get them!!!” Yuta turned to Seungcheol who nodded like a child making both Youngho and Taeyong to laugh at the cuteness of the two.

 

‘We could arrange for them to be given to you as gifts.” Youngho informed the two.

 

“Really?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded making the alpha smile wide expressing how happy he was.

 

“You are adorable Yuta.” Taeyog mused and Yuta blushed a little.

 

“I can’t help it though.” Yuta answered.

 

“It’s really cute to be honest.” Taeyong remarked and Yuta just had to take Taeyong’s hand and kissed it.

 

“Thank you, you are too.” Yuta said and Taeyong blushed hard.

 

“they don’t just make weapons here.” Ten said and pointed to the jewelry store. Yuta excitedly pulled Taeyong inside to look at the pretty jewelry when the master jeweler came up to them and smiled at Taeyong.

 

“My dear prince Taeyong.” The jeweler greeted and eyed the handsome man on the prince’s side. He noticed the shining jewelry on the man’s ear and smiled even wider.

 

“This is Prince Yuta of Kusari.” Taeyong introduced him and the jeweler bowed.

 

“Nickhun at your service your majesty.” The jeweler introduced himself. “oh.” Nickhun then turned to the two people behind Taeyong and smiled as he looked at the earing Youngho was wearing. “isn’t that familiar.” Nickhun said and Youngho bowed ow and smiled at him.

 

“I wanted to meet you formally Nickhun-saem.” Youngho replied.

 

“By formal you meant an actual ceremony huh?” Nickhun asked and Youngho nodded.

 

“Papa.” Chittaphon whined and it suddenly clicked.

 

“You’re Chittaphon’s father?” Yuta pointed to the jeweler who smiled and nodded.

 

“And I am the creator of the earring you are wearing your majesty.” Nickhun said and Yuta nodded with a smile.

 

“It’s beautiful.” Yuta said then smiled at him. “If you can create another masterpiece for me sir, I would be grateful.” Yuta said and Nickhun raised a brow.

 

“What is it my child?” He asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“A crown for Prince Taeyong to be worn on our mating.” Yuta said in confidence and Nickhun smiled wide.

 

“you’ve come to the right place, when will you need it?” He asked back.

 

“After I defeat Prince Sehun.” Yuta answered uncertainly making Nickhun glare at him.

 

“You need the best sword first, hand me yours and we will fortify it.” Nickhun demanded and the prince unsheathed his sword and gave it to Nickhun.

 

“Papa, what are you planning?” Chittaphon asked and the man in questioned grinned.

 

“your mother and uncle would love to work on this fine craftsmanship. Tell me young man, who made your sword?” Nickhun asked and Yuta blinked at him.

 

“I did, on my eighteenth birthday guided by our master blacksmith Kamenashi.” Yuta answered.

 

“Figures, Kamenashi had never really failed any blade.” Nickhun remarked. “it’s been a while but working on Kusarian blades is our luxury.” Nickhun said and turned to his son. “Call In your uncle Taecyon.” Nickhun said and Chittaphon went out to fetch the said person.

 

“This better be important.” An angry huff came from the door as a tall man with broad shoulders and tanned skin came inside.

 

“It is.” Nickhun remarked and showed the sword to which the other immediately took and inspected.

 

“Kusarian blade and stained with blood from an artic wolf. A strong blade, a masterpiece. Who owns this?” The guy, Taecyon, asked and Yuta raised his hand.

 

“Don’t scare my mate uncle.” Taeyong huffed and the man instantly smiled as he welcomed Taeyong with open arms.

 

“Your mate?” Taecyon asked and Taeyong nodded while pulling Yuta close to him. Taecyon eyed the alpha and Yuta felt the scrutiny pierce him. “You forged this?” Taecyon asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“Under the guidance of Master Kamenashi.” Yuta relied and Taecyon’s eyes softened.

 

“A prince worthy of my nephew.” Taecyon then said and knelt in front of Yuta. In turn, Nickhun, and Chittaphon followed suit confusing Yuta and his entourage.

 

“Heartbeat is a small but powerful pack where my father Jaejoong belonged. When my parents mated, they had sworn their lives to the bloodline.” Taeyong explained.

 

“oh, so that’s why Chittaphon and Youngho are with you.” Yuta said with a smile and both mentioned nodded.

 

“a smart kid.” Taecyon said and took the sword with him. “Give me five days, I will fortify your sword, in the meantime, let me present to you a replacement.” Taecyon led them to his shop and pulled a leather roll and handed it to Yuta.

 

Yuta gingerly opened it and his jaws dropped at the fine craftsmanship of the blacksmith.

 

“Use this for your training while I strengthen your sword.” Taecyon announced.

 

“Excuse me but why would you take my prince’s sword to fortify? It has been made to last.” Jaeonghan suddenly spoke and Taecyon smirked at him.

 

“Kusarian blades are one of the finest yet they were created to tolerate the extreme cold. You are to fight in a neutral territory with swords forged to withstand grueling heat. The metal may not take the temperature strain so it is better that we treat this sword to harden it further.” Taecyon said. “Gather all your swords your majesties, we will fortify them for you.” Taecyon said and Seungcheol hurriedly surrender his sword and received replacement.

 

“I wish you tidings my prince.” Taecyon saluted and Yuta bowed and left with a new sword strapped on his side.

 

Doyoung was led inside a bookshop recommended by Jaehyun and was seated on a comfortable armchair while being served hot tea. The prince had left to check out some books and Doyoung internally kicked himself for allowing the prince to take him to his weakness. Doyoung tried the tea and was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted and thanked the server before he dashed off to find Jaehyun amidst the rows of shelves.

 

“Did you like the Tea?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded. “I want you to take a look at these.” Jaehyun pointed out the row of books and Doyoung gasped as he browse his eyes on the materials.

 

Rows upon rows of literature and theories greeted him and he but all wanted to buy each and every volume he could grab with his hands. He was like a kid in a candy store and it Doyooung full on smiled wide, showing his perfectly white teeth, and his eyes were big and round.

 

Jaehyun looked at the omega and smiled sadly. From the day he laid eyes on Doyoung, he knew e would be attracted to him. And he tried to make advancements and hint the omega of his interest, yet it seems that Doyoung didn’t have the same feelings for him. But even if Doyoung would never want anything to do with him, he would still do things to make him happy, at least for a while he could see Doyoung smile.

 

 

They all gathered for lunch, opting to eat at a local restaurant where the chef was one of the princes’ close friends. They ate traditional foods and Jihoon, who none had expected to be that vocal, greedily asked for more helpings. Soonyoung, the ever gullible alpha who is definitely in love with Jihoon, kept on feeding the omega not minding the snickers and glares they were receiving from the people around them. Yuta had ordered for their blades to be taken to Taecyon’s workshops but Chittaphon told them that Taecyon’s apprentices will come a little later to collect them.

 

Once they were done with lunch and were heading out, they met Taecyon’s apprentices and they gathered the swords and replaced them before waving goodbye. The group then came to a seamstress and the alpha  gladly assisted them to their needs. Yuta was measured up and he gladly tried on traditional Muhanui clothes and Taeyong can’t help but praise the alpha who looked like he was a son of a god.

 

“Very handsome my son.” Boah remarked and turned to Taeyong. “Nice choice Taeyong.” She said and then turned to Kun who was smiling at him shyly. “Don’t be shy my prince, you look really handsome, or is it cute?” She said and Sicheng answered her.

 

“He is Cute Boah-nim. Really really cutte!” Sicheng chirped and Boah laughed at the youngest prince, she is very fond of the fluffy omega.

 

“You are right Sicheng.” She chuckled and pinned the clothes to fit Kun.

 

“Am I going to prepare your wedding robes Taeyong?” Boah suddenly asked and Taaeyong flushed.

 

 “Can you do ours first Boah-nim?” Youngho asked and Boah smiled at him.

 

“I have been dying to do so a long time ago Youngho.” Boah said and Chittaphon immediately ran to her and hugged her.

 

“Make me beautiful Boah-nim!” the omega pleaded and the seamstress laughed.

 

“I made your mother a goddess on her wedding day, of course you will look like the fairest rose in the garden.” Boah assured him and Chittaphon thanked her and returned to Youngho who enveloped him as he cried on his mate’s chest.

 

“Are you going to look like that when you go on dress fitting?” Jeonghan asked Taeyong who nodded.

 

“Probably worst.” Taeyong replied making Jeonghan laugh.

 

After their trip they returned to the castle for another feast to which Yunho assured them that it would be the last for their training will begin tomorrow at the crack of dawn and they will show no mercy to Yuta if he wanted to win Taeyong’s hand in marriage.