Know what you are fighting for

An Omega Worth Fighting For

A/n: I have no excuse, just been busy.

 

 

 

----

 

 

Yuta breathe in the fresh air as he stepped out into the training grounds where both Taecyon and Yoochun were waiting. Youngho and Seungcheol bowed at him and he returned the gesture before he bowed to the two men.

 

“You ready?” Taecyon asked and Yuta nodded. “We won’t go easy on you.” Taevcyon smirked and raised his sword prompting Yoochun to step back and allow the Heartbeat warrior to spar with the Kusarian prince.

 

Yuta raised his sword and tested the weight on his palms before he clanked it to the raised sword of Taecyon. The two then bowed and stepped a few feet away then went into a fighting stance. “Let’s have a clean fight.” Yoochun announced and commenced the spar with a raise of a hand.

 

They both calculated each other, taking tentative steps and practice blow, and when Yuta decided on the best attack route, he went for a shot. Taecyon dodged it expertly but he was impressed with how Yuta planned it, the prince was a smart fighter, he was assured of that but the young alpha would need toughening up, sparring with aggressive fighters like he is would do the alpha good. So Taecyon changed  his stance and went for a jab on Yuta’s gut with the handle of his sword making Yuta step back and hold the  bruised part.

 

 

“Your blows are quick and powerful but you need to work on your defense as well knowing that the geomul tribe is known for fist fights as well.” Taecyon explained and Yuta nodded.

 

 

“I understand.” Yuta nodded.

 

“You have a pattern when you hit, you shouldn’t be that predictable.” Taecyon added and Yuta nodded in understanding. “Footwork is stable, I’ll give you that.” Taecyon smirked and raised his sword once more.

 

Yuta gripped the sword a little loose this time and charged at Taecyon, the older dodged the blows but he noticed that Yuta’s strikes are changing making him smirk, he is a quick learner. Yuta managed to strike past the defense built by Taecyon and with a controlled strike, he managed to gash the warrior’s armor; impressing Taecyon.

 

“Very good young prince.” Taecyon grinned at the alpha. “Keep up.” Taecyon then started his attack and Yuta braced himself and blocked as much as he could. “Keep your feet grounded and bend your knees to ground yourself.” Taecyon growled and Yuta nodded, doing what he was told and eventually pushed Taecyon out of his way.

 

“Don’t wait for the enemy to recover.” Taecyon huffed as he grabbed his sword tighter and charged at Yuta who raised his sword high and countered the attack thrown at him.

 

The spar ended with both men panting and with Yoochun clapping his hands. “Very well Prince Yuta, that was a fantastic performance from you.” Yoochun said and handed him some water.

 

“Thank you sir.” Yuta said and Yoochun grinned at him. “Splendid Taecyon, that was amazing as expected but I want to discuss with you something.” Yoochun said and Taecyon nodded, understanding that the head knight had finished his observations and had a training plan already drafted in his mind.

 

“Did I do okay?” Yuta asked Youngho who grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

 

‘Dad’s probably discussing your training plan.” Youngho shrugged and Yuta raised his brow in question. “that’s how he works, he observes and points out the strengths and weaknesses to have an effective training plan suited for every individual.” Youngho explained and Yuta nodded, as expected form a head knight.

 

 

“What was your training plan?” Yuta dared to ask.

 

“A lot of endurance skills and meditation.” Youngho sighed. “I needed to be attentive to every sound and moves to be able to protect my charge at a moment’s notice.” Youngho informed them and Yuta nodded.

 

“I’ll probably get endurance training after this, the weather is still not in my favor.” Yuta said and Yoochun agreed as he spoke.

 

“I’m glad that you had figured out an area for improvement your majesty.” Yoochun announced. “Morning and evening runs to acclimate would do you good and then we’ll add midday runs next week. In between will be your precision and power training then more sparring, including myself and the king.” Yoochun announced.

 

“I gotta get back to the workshop.” Taecyon said and they all waved and thanked him.

 

“Are you done now?” Taeyong’s voice called out and Yuta beamed happily and nodded. “Great, come and eat.” He beckoned and Yuta was rushing to his side.

 

“Whipped.” Yoochun chuckled and then looked at the baffled guards next to him. “I am only human, I get to enjoy these things.” Yoochun said and punched his son’s arm playfully making the younger laugh as well.

 

Trainings were tough on Yuta but he persevered; if he wanted to prove himself worthy for Taeyong’s hand in marriage, he needed to be his absolute best. Nearing the end of his training, Yuta faced Yunho in a spar, something that he was both looking forward to and dreaded at the same time. From his training with other skilled Muhanuinian fighters, he had learned a lot to adapt his own style of fighting but King Yunho isn’t just some alpha fighter, he is the Muhanui Elite Alpha and it makes Yuta nervous as hell.

 

“You’ll do well.” Taeyong assured him and gave him a kiss on his temple and Yuta smiled and kissed his hand in return.

 

“thank you, I will do my best.” Yuta replied and went into position.

 

“Your majesty.” Taecyon called the prince and the blacksmith handed him his sword. Yuta’s eyes sparkled as he felt the fortified blade on his hands, it has been too long since he held his precious sword and having it back gave him confidence to face a formidable foe.

 

“Thank you so much!” Yuta bowed in gratitude and Taecyon smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

 

“Show them what you got kid.” Taecyon said and Yuta nodded before walking to the center to face the king of Muhanui.

 

 

“Standard challenge applies, a thirty-minute round for you to take down the opponent. This is not a battle for blood though so don’t hurt each other too much.” Yoochun announced and the two alphas nodded and clanked their swords to signal their readiness to face each other.

 

“Do well prince.” Yunho said and Yuta thanked him, the king had genuine words for him, and he’s determined to prove him that he is capable for his omega son.

 

Yuta observed his opponent with hawk like eyes and had tried to decipher the king’s technique but the older was flawless and was not giving any hints thus he did the first step and attacked. Yunho had his defense locked down and that impressed Yuta, the alpha was indeed a brilliant one.

 

Yuta gripped his sword tighter and prepared himself as Yunho smirked and launched an attack. Yuta was caught off guard by the force of Yunho’s blow but that did not stop him from fighting back. The metals clashed hard and loud but that did not matter for both alphas as they strike each other with force and power.

 

“You are strong Yuta, but I am stronger for one particular reason.” Yunho said as he pushed the younger away from him and Yuta landed on his knees. “I want you to figure that one out.” Yunho smirked and raised his sword to hit the younger alpha.

 

Taeyong did not like this, his father is not a brutal man and he’s sure he won’t kill Yuta but he wasn’t feeling right about it. So without hesitation, he grabbed Youngho’s sword and dashed towards the two alphas and blocked Yunho’s attack.

 

“Taeyong.” Yuta called out as he stood and grabbed the omega’s wrist. ‘What are you doing?” Yuta asked and the omega huffed his cheek.

 

‘helping you. I am trained to fight and I can fight along side you.” Taeyong replied.

 

‘I know that but this is not the right time for that, this is my fight.” Yuta replied.

 

‘Then let’s make it the right time.” They both looked at the voice who spoke and was surprised to see Jaejoong walked towards Yunho and Yoochun offering the King consort a sword. “Let’s see how you’ll both fair.” Jaejoong smirked and attacked Taeyong but Yuta pushed him to the side and defended the omega by blocking the attack with his own sword.


Taeyong glared at his father but when he saw Yunho running to attack Yuta, Taeyong ran to protect his alpha as well. Taeyong and Yuta had never fought side by side but they had trained together back in Kusari and had watched him train with his own people. He had ingrained in his mind how Yuta move, how he’d attack and with every move of his muscle, Taeyong knew what the alpha was thinking. And with this, he had coordinated himself with the alpha and in turn, they made a harmonious tandem.

 

“Yuta.” Taeyong called out and the alpha pulled him into himself and blocked one of Yunho’s attack.

 

“You’re doing so well, I am impressed.” Yuta said and kissed Taeyong’s cheek before turning to attack Yunho with full force.

 

“Really, at a time like this?” Taeyong huffed but he was blushing as he attacked his own father.

 

“Ain’t that sweet.” Jaejoong laughed but he pushed the younger with a quick force and Taeyong tripped on his feet, but Yuta caught him expertly.

 

They all went to a defensive stance and were ready to commence attack when Yoochun announced the end of the round making the four sigh and pant. Yunho pulled his mate into a kiss and Jaejoong was exhilarated to be able to fight again. The two then approached the younger couple and smiled at them.

 

“You both did well.” Yunho shook both their hands. “Have you figured it out Yuta?” Yunho asked and Yuta nodded with a smile.

 

“Thank you for that exercise, I missed doing battles.” Jaejoong laughed and gave his son a pat on the cheek. “You are so brave Taeyong, and I am glad that you stood up for your alpha.” Jaejoong announced.

 

“But that was reckless and you can’t just do that, you’ll get me disqualified.” Yuta turned to his mate.

 

“I will control myself I promise.” Taeyong said and Yuta placed a hand on the omega’s cheek and kissed his forehead.

 

“Let me handle Sehun okay?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded. “When did you learn to coordinate with me though?” Yuta asked as he interlaced their hands and walked back to the palace.

 

“I’ve been observing your trainings.” Taeyong confessed.

 

‘Ah, you should’ve joined me.” Yuta said and Taeyong slapped him playfully.

 


“You won’t be able to concentrate silly.” Taeyong replied and Yuta laughed.

 

“That was awesome hyung.” Sicheng said as he met the couple.

 

“I am impressed, that was really good.” Jaehyun added next.

 

“Thank you.” Taeyong said.

 

“I’ll restrain you though, we don’t want you bothering Yuta hyung’s fight.” Jaehyun smirked earning him a slap from Taeyong.

 

“And papa’s really cool too! I should train like that from now on.” Sicheng remarked.


“You don’t need to.” Taeyong assured him.

 

“but, I have to be impressive as well.” Sicheng pouted.

 

‘Your alpha will like you just the way you are, trust me.” Yuta winked and Taeyong shove him away.

 

‘Stop flirting with my brother!” Taeyong huffed but Yuta just laughed.

 

“Come on let’s rest, we need to head out to Safaia soon.” Youngho urged them and they all returned to the palace.

 

----

 

a/n: I know I at writing fight scenes so expect lack luster update when Sehun and Yuta finally meet. Yes, we will meet prince Sehun on the next update.

And for those who are asking where are the Dojae and unwin moments, please be patient. Let’s settle Yutae and we’ll get to them soon enough