To Future Generations and Beyond

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: We’ve reached the end! 


---- 

Kun had wrapped Sicheng in his fluffy coat and covered his head with Aka’s protection after kissing his forehead before they left the bedroom. They joined their retainers and soon walked back to the palace. Kun guided Sicheng expertly and the omega was surely blushing hard at the attention and limping slightly but he’s not really ashamed to be so, because this only shows how capable his alpha is, a power house through and through. Yuta, Taeyong, Doyoung and Jaehyun welcomed them at the palace door and Sicheng all but run towards them to hug them. Kun chuckled as he walked after his mate and he too hugged them while they congratulated him. They soon made their way towards the dining room to eat breakfast. The omegas were having a good time chatting about their alphas who were embarrassed with  how their omegas bragged them.

“Well, it’s nice to know that you all love your mate’s packages.” Yuta cleared his throat and Taeyong scooted closer to him and smiled at him, his eyes locking with his mate. “We want to tell everyone something important.” Yuta continued and Taeyong leaned his head on his mate’s shoulder as Yuta’s hold on him tighten. “We’re expecting! Taeyong is pregnant.” Yuta finished and everyone went silent and gaped at them.


“Shut up.” Doyoung said and glared at Yuta.


“I am pregnant, a few days give or take from Chittaphon.” Taeyong said and Sicheng ran to his brother to hug him while Kun also walked up to Yuta to congratulate him. 


“Did you tell appa and papa?” Sicheng asked and Taeyong nodded.

“We told them before they left.” Taeyong answered.


“Why tell us just now?” Kun asked and Yuta smiled at him.


“We wanted to give you your moment. You’ve both waited so long to mate, and we wanted you both to enjoy it as much as we did on ours. You both deserved it.” Yuta answered and Kun hugged his brother.


“I can’t believe you!” Doyoung finally stood and hugged his cousin while Jaehyun followed after him.


“We need to work hard if we want to catch up.” Jaehyun whispered making Doyoung blush.


---- 

The old King and Queen smiled warmly as they watched 3 year old prince Jeno ran to them when Doyoung and Jaehyun came to visit them.

“How are you Halmoni?” Jeno inquired and the old queen smiled and patted the kid’s head.

“I’m fine my prince.” She said and Jeno kissed his grandmother’s cheek before he bounded towards his grandfather. 

“I miss you halmoni! I miss you haraboji!” Donghyuck’s voice came booming as he ran towards them and the old couple laughed as the little prince plopped down on them.


“I miss you too Donghyuck.” She replied and the kid kissed their cheeks before they ran out of the room to find their playmates.


“We miss you too.” Doyoung bowed and the old queen opened her arms for him and Doyoung gladly embraced her. 


“How have you been Doyoung?” She asked and the omega smiled wide. 


“I have been well, a lot more busy but adjusting well. The twins are handful though.” Doyoung chuckled as he heard Jaehyun reprimand their twins. 


“I’m sorry, the twins were excited.” Jaehyun greeted them and the old couple just smiled at him and beckoned him.


“You seemed to be worn out.” The king said and Jaehyun sighed.


“Politics, I can handle just fine, but the twins? I don’t even know how Doyoung can handle them.” Jaehyun admitted and Doyoung laughed and kissed his husband’s cheek.


“I am the omega for a reason.” He answered making Jaehyun smile wide.


“I am happy to see you two had been living well, no go meet your siblings, I am sure they are excited to see you both as well.” She waved them away and with a last bow, the couple left the room.


Doyoung was chuckling while Jaehyun sighed and rubbed his temple. Jeno was having a game of tug of war with Jaemin, and they are both pulling on Renjun’s arm, the kid was close to crying while Donghyuck was latching himself onto Minhyung’s back like a sloth to a tree. “I need some tea.” Jaehyun exclaimed and Doyoung laughed at him and dragged him forward, pulling Renjun away from both Jeno and Jaemin then pulling Donghyuck away from Minhyung. 


“Papa!” Jeno and Donghyuck whine but with Doyoung’s glare, they both kept quiet. Doyoung then asked Jaehyun to hold on to Donghyuck and the alpha did as he was told.


“Are you okay sweetie?” Doyoung asked Renjun who nodded.


“I want to play with both princes but they always fight.” Renjun pouted and Doyoung sighed. “Prince Jaemin is usually behave.” Renjun added and Jungwoo walked in to take his son. 


“I’ll handle this Jungwoo.” Doyoung said and Doyoung called Jeno and Jaemin who were glaring at each other. “Now, come here.” Doyoung said and the two approached the older. “Renjun is uncomfortable with you two fighting.” Doyoung said sternly.


“But Jaemin always plays with Renjun!” Jeno whined.


“Look, you two can share and play with Renjun, he likes to play with both of you!” Doyoung remarked and the two kids turned to Renjun who looked up at Doyoung. “You do like to play with both of them right?” Doyoung asked and Renjun nodded.  “So behave okay?” Doyoung said and both Jeno and Jaemin nodded and extended a hand for Renjun. Renjun smiled and took both hands and they all went to their corner to play.


“Well, that was resolved quickly.” Jaehyun sighed as he held onto Donghyuck who was glaring at his father.


“Now Donghyuck, you can play with Minhyung but let him breathe okay?” Doyoung said to Donghyuck who nodded. 


“I promise.” He said and Jaehyun let the kid go and he bothered Minhyung again but this time they played quietly on one corner.


“Oh great, everyone’s here so let’s have some snacks!” Kun called out as he entered with trays of food while Sicheng followed him, carrying Chenle who was sleeping on his arms.


“Oh, is Lele asleep?” Doyoung asked and Sicheng nodded. 


“Tired himself from babbling.” Sicheng answered and Doyoung picked up the kid to cradle.


“How was your trip?” Sicheng asked and Doyoung smiled.


“Just fine, it was a little longer due to the rains but we got here safely.” Doyoung answered.  “How’s Yuta hyung?” Doyoung inquired and on cue, they heard whining from the eldest.


“Well, he’s still under house arrest, Taeyong hyung is adamant that they finish the charter before he could take a break.” Sicheng informed him then joined Kun to distribute the snacks. 


“I didn’t know having these many children could be a pain.” Jaehyun said as he picked up a crying Jisung while Taeil fetch his baby food. 


“It’s chaos alright.” Kun said then laghed loudly, handing Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun their food but the two princes did not let go of Renjun’s hand. “Are you going to feed Renjun?” Kun asked and the two nodded. “Don’t let Renjun choke okay?” he reminded and left them to do whatever.

“Where is Xiaojun?” Sicheng inquired and the said boy walked out from the play house rubbing sleep off of his eyes. “did Xioaxiao enjoy his nap?” Sicheng asked and Xiaojun nodded.

“Where is Yangie and Dery, uncle Sicheng?” Xiaojun asked and Sicheng led him towards the corner where his older son and Chittaphon’s younger of the twin sons sat. ‘Dery!” Xiaojun shouted and plopped himself on Hendery’s lap.

“Where have you been hyung?” Yangyang asked and Xiaojun pointed to the play area.


“Let’s eat Xiaoie!!” Hendery said and the prince straightened up and waited for Hendery to feed him.


“Feed me too Hennie hyung!”  Yangyang pouted and Hendery gladly fed him.


“What’s with all these trios forming?” Jaehyun remarked and Kun chuckled next to him, handing him a cup of tea.


“I really am not sure. We are just waiting for their wolves and eagles to show to be honest.” Kun said and both Sicheng and Jaehyun gaped at him.


“Oh, it’s about time the kids meet their spirits.” Doyoung remarked and then placed Chenle on his corner of the playroom and covered him with fluff pelt.

“The guiding spirits usually introduces themselves to their charge before they turn five years old.” Kun explained and both Sicheng and Jaehyun nodded.


“So you knew your status even before you presented?” Sicheng asked and Kun nodded.

“It’s amazing.” Jaehyun remarked and both Kun and Doyoung chuckled.


“I’m here!” Yuta announced his presence and both Doghyuck and Jeno bounded up to him to greet him. “I miss you too!” Yuta chuckled as he kissed his nephew’s cheeks. 


“How was your trip?” Taeyong asked the duo who babbled on with their adventures. Yuta and Taeyong listened intently and they indulged the two with their story, truly parenthood gave them patience and nurturing presence. “Play with your friends now, we’ll talk to your appa and papa.” Taeyong said and the two returned to their corners, with Jeno plopping next to Renjun and demanding to be fed.


“Welcome back!” Yuta greeted and hugged both Doyoung and Jaehyun, Taeyong did the same.


“How’s the charter?” Jaehyun asked and Yuta glared almost instantly making the others laugh


“He did well. He’s really determined if he wanted to.” Taeyong remarked and kissed his husband’s cheek, making Yuta smile wide.


“How’s Soonyoung and Junhui?” Doyoung asked and Yuta sighed.


“Junhui’s been travelling to Safia, he’s bound to return this week. It seems that Safian princes fancies his family a lot. Soonyoung’s been travelling to Pearl Aqua, their current leader fancies them too.” Yuta explained and it made Jaehyun chuckle.


“Look at you having relations with other tribes and territories now.” Jaehyun teased.


“Had to, after that fight with Prince Sehun, people are starting to like us, must be the charms of my mate.” Yuta explained and Taeyong blushed at the compliment.


---- 


The old king and queen smiled as they watched their children and grandchildren. When they were starting, the cold mountains were barren, and with age, the chances of having kids were minimal. But the birth of Yuta had painted the tribe with colors and the couple couldn’t ask for more. But came the 2 sets of twins, and the tribe celebrated even more, for with them were heirs to continue the line of warriors. Yet they were challenged left and right, and by the end of the bloodshed, Doyoung and Soonyoung were left orphaned. But the kids were like their own so the old couple took them in and they were raised as the royalty they were.


They had a good life, and they led a good tribe. They had experienced ups and downs, and their bodies had grown weak wth age, it’s time that they rest and let their son take over. And so with hands held together, they retreated to their chambers to rest.


The tribe mourned the loss of their leaders and the sympathy poured as they were commemorated. They were good leaders and they had been fair and just. Yuta held the old King’s sword as the shaman said their prayers, and Taeyong held the old Queen’s coat, jet black in contrast with the one he’s wearing. They were to bury the couple and crown the new king, and it pained them all to have it done in the same day. 


Yet Yuta had tpld them to go through with it, as his father would have wanted to celebrate life instead of mourn the loss of it. So as the shaman completed her prayers and the incence burnt, Yuta and Taeyong bowed and offered the sword and coat to the altar and asked that they bless them with their knowledge and guidance. 


Yuta and Taeyong then received their crowns and sashes, indicating their position as the new ruling monarchs and everyone offered a minute of silence.

The palace was solemn when Yuta and Taeyong presented themselves but with their reassuring smile, they vowed to be the best version of themselves, not to compete with the legacy left behind by their parents, but to continue the legacy to bring Kusari to its full potential.

 

---- 


“I swear, you have been adopted by Prince Heechul!” Soonyoung remarked, carrying a sleeping Jooheon with him.

“What about King Jinki? He’s adopted you too!” Junhui argued back, carrying a sleeping Jeongin as well.


“You both have been adopted already, get out of my palace.” Yuta remarked and all three off them grinned at each other. “I miss you both.” Yuta announced and hugged each brother and cousin.


“We miss you dearly too.” Soonyoung remarked. “Jihoon is such a crying mess when we found out.” Soonyoung explained.


“Wonwoo’s not any different.”  Junhui confessed. 

 

“Let’s visit them then?” Yuta said and the two nodded and followed the older towards the altar where two pictures were displayed. 

They all bowed in respect and lighted some incense to pray, and both Jooheon and Jeongin woke up in the process. Taeyong walked in with Wonwoo and Jihoon holding Yien and Jaebum respectively. They too bowed and lighted their incense before they took their one year olds from their alpha mates. 

“Congratulations on your coronation.” Junhui offered. 


“Thanks I guess. They have left the ruling to me for quite sometime now so I guess it has been a transition all along.” Yuta said and Junhui nodded.


“We got news from our emissary works though, you want to listen now?” Soonyoung asked amd Yuta shook his head.


“Rest for now, you had a long travel.” Yuta patted each of their backs and led them back to the palace to rest.


----- 


It was Yuta and Sicheng’s birthdays so they were all gathered in Kusari to celebrate with them. The kids were having the time of their lives running amok with all the sugar they consumed and the alphas were all but tired at watching them.


“Seriously?” Jaehyun whined and Doyoung slapped his arm hard and pulled him towards the kitchen to help prepare their food for the sort of party. 


“It’s not chaotic in yours?” Kun inquired, decorating a cake for Sicheng while Taeyong did Yuta’s cake.


“It wasn’t this chaotic.’ Jaehyun replied making the others laugh.


“Has Xiaojun received a visit?” Doyoung inquired and Taeyong shook his head. 


“I was worried but Yuta assured him that it was okay.” Tayeong said and Doyoung nodded. 


“It’s unusual but it can happen.” Doyoung stated.


“Hate to break it to you, but you are out of the kitchen.” The head chef said and pushed all the monarchs out of the kitchen with a wide grin.


“But, I just need to top the cake with cherries!” Taeyong whined but Yuta came and fetched him, since it was a good day out and the kids wanted to play in the snow. 


Taeyong instantly grinned and followed after his mate. Kun laughed but joined them after removing his apron while both Jaehyun and Doyoung followed quietly. The retainers had bundled the kids in fluffy coats and they were now handling the princes, and kings their own coats before they ran out to play. Once deemed protected from the cold, they all went to the courtyard to play with the snow. The kids were deighted and ran through the snow, scoopning snow and throwing at each other. The adults laugh and even joined them, throwing snowballs at each other like they were kids. 

It was festive and everyone was laughing that even Youngho and Seungcheol ditched their mates in order to play with their sons, earning a groan from their mates. Doyoung pulled Jaehyun to play with their children and the laughter sounded so magical in everyone’s ears that they barely missed the howls and chirpings that rang through the air. 

They all paused and when they looked to the far side of the courtyards, they say figures approaching them. The Mahunians tried to approach their sons but the Kusarian pulled them and stepped back, leaving the children to face the creatures. There was a low growl and Xiaojun was the first to react as the five year old bounded to the creature with light in his eyes, and Taeyong understood, Xiaojun and the rest are meeting their guiding spirits!


“Orenji!” Xiaojun chirped and with a loud giggle, the child hugged the wolf cub who had orange on the tips of its ears and tail. There was a playful growl on the cub as he nuzzled his nose on Xiaojun’s tummy. 


The rest of the princes ran to their cubs except for Donghyuck, Chenle and Jeongin who had eaglets land on them, feathers lined with silver, gold and bronze. The three kids are the only omegas of the bunch but they were happy and proud as they showed them off to their parents. Yuta and Taeyong beamed at their sons getting acquainted with their guiding spirits, Taeyong almost tearing up as Xiaojun, the eldest of the bunch, had finally met his own, something he was afraid Xiaojun would never have given his half Mahunian blood.


“Our babies!” Jaehyun teared up and Doyoung chuckled but kissed his mate’s cheek and held back his tears, they have an alpha and an omega, and what would be better than that. 


But what surprised them was that the cubs and eaglets led their charges towards their own charges sons. Renjun was sddenly glomped at by two wolf cubs, one with pink accents while the other had distinctive  blue accents. 


“Are they acknowledging Renjun as their mate?” Jaehyun asked and Yuta nodded and smiled.


“Guess my second born will leave the nest in the future.” Yuta grinned and it earned a punch from Taeyong.


Renjun giggled as the cubs nuzzled their noses on his tummy while Jaemin and Jeno joined them, the five played in their little spot in the courtyard.


“Minhyung hyung!” Donghyuck called out and Minhyung blinked at Donghyuck who was holding the golden eaglet and the older smiled and patted both Donghyuck and the eaglet’s head.


Hendery on the other hand was crying when two wolf cubs approached him but Xiaojun and Yangyang comforted him enough to make the kid calm down and the two cubs approached him slowly. Hendery laughed and tackled both and the cubs nuzzled their snouts on the kid, even his cheeks in glee.


“Guess we’ll have to share an omega in-law.” Kun chuckled and Sicheng glared at his mate.

“You have a problem with my son?” Chittaphon asked and Sicheng shook his head.


“I figured it was the case when they both loved sticking next to Hendery.” Sicheng shrugged.


“It’s too early for this but hey, at least none of them would be going through frozen graves to get their mates.” Jaehyun remarked and everyone laughed except for Doyoung. “Relax Doie, if I get to have you, I’ll willingly go through the frozen hell again and again.” Jaehyun said and kissed his mate.


The cubs howled one last time and bid their goodbyes, the kids waving back at them while they disappeared into the horizon with the eaglets The parents collected their kids and soon they went inside to celebrate Yuta and Sicheng’s birthdays happily.


“Happy Birthday Yuta.” Taeyong greeted his mate and handed a scroll. Yuta was surprised but when he read the contents, he shouted in gleee, lifted his mateand twirled him around. Taeyong laughed loudly and kissed his mate once more.


“You’re really pregnant?” Yuta asked and Taeyog nodded.  “I hope it will be a girl, as pretty as you Tae!” Yuta said and Taeyogn blushed at the compliment.


“Now I want to have a daughter too!!” Doyoung whined and Jaehyun pulled him into a back hug.


“That can be arranged.” Jaehyun answered and kissed his mate’s neck.


“You guys are gross!” Sicheng remarked but pouted at Kun who laughed.


“I’m always open to more kids.’ Kun laughed and Sicheng hugged and kissed him.

 

---- 


A/n: Merry Christmas!!! And here is my gift to you, the ending.
This has been really fun and frustrating to write but thank you for liking the updates even if they are not as perfect as they should. I always start with a thought and I would try to make it into one-shots but things don’t really go as plan and I end up with word vomits most of the time. This story just popped up in my mind with Mulan OST as the inspiration, and I made Taeyong the omega which a lot of Yutae shipper veer off from. But thankfully, you guys gave this story a chance. 

Thank you very much for reading and liking the fic. To my subscribers, commenters, upvoters and those who left Kudos, I appreciate each and everyone of them. 

This has been Jhengchie and Thank you for reading An Omega Worth Fiighting For.

May 26, 2018 – December 25, 2018

Here is the guide to their children if you are curious:

Yuta x Taeyong – Xioajun (a), Jaemin (a), Hina (b)
Kun X Sicheng – Yangyang (a), Chenle (o), Ningning (b)
Jaehyun x Doyoung – Jeno (a), Donghyuck (o), Koeun (b)
Junhui x Wonwoo – Yien (a), Jeongin (o)
Soonyoung x Jihoon – Jaebum (a), Jooheon (a)
Seungcheol x Jeonghan – Chan (a)
Youngho x Chittaphon – Minhyung (a), Hendery (o)
Hansol x Tael – Kijung (o), Jisung (a), Lami (B)
Mingyu x Minghao – Jinyoung (o)
Yukhei x Jungwoo – Rnejun (o), Jiaer (o)
Joshua x Seokmin  - Minhyuk (o)
Vernon x Seungkwan – Hyunjin (a)