Let's drink to forever

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: Hey hey hey, we are now down to mating. I have written a few omegaverse that involved wedding and mating ceremonies and one of them included a tea ceremony loosely based on one scene from karate kid. Don’t judge me I am that old hunny. Anyway, I was watching a cooking show earlier and they featured a glimpse of Japanese Tea Ceremony and that sparked an idea in me because Yuta is Japanese and to incorporate something from his heritage is a big deal for me. I did a couple of research (read: watch youtube videos) and this is what I came up with. I am not Japanese so the technicality and the accuracy would be off but, as always, I try my best not to offend anyone.

 

Enjoy this awaited moment in Yuta and Taeyong’s life.

 

 

----

 

They had to part ways eventually but not without a celebration. The Muhanui tribe had welcomed their omega prince and his official mate with cheers. The Kusarian entourage was not expecting it but they guessed the Muhanui royals planned this beforehand.  

 

“The actual celebration will not start until tomorrow so rest my prince.” Changmin informed him. “And your parents have arrived your majesty.” Changmin informed him and Yuta’s eyes went wide when he saw his parents walking towards them, smiles wide and pride for their first born.

 

“Mother, Father!” Yuta exclaimed and hugged them dearly.

 

 

“You did well Yuta.” His father patted his back and Yuta felt like he was in cloud nine. He always wanted to make his father proud in everything he does and this time, mating a precious omega had truly taken the cake.

 

---

 

The festivities lined up for them was extravagant as Taeyong was dearly loved by his people, and since the mighty prince saved their beloved omeg prince from the clutches of the Geomul tribe, Yuta was revered as well. Thy had a briefing during breakfast and Yuta’s parents opted nt to join the parade and the announcement at the plaza because they are quite old and the strain on their old bones would not make them comfortable. King Yunho understood and he had instructed their palace servants to tend to the royals.

 

“At the end of the week, before we depart, can I request that I may serve you tea your majesty?” Yuta’s mother asked and Yuta blinked at her.

 

“oh, oh my goodness.” Yuta panicked but a reassuring smile from his mother settled the alpha down.

 

“Doyoung and Kun can teach you the etiquette.” She said and  the two princes nodded.

 

“It will be an honor.” Jaejoong replied and the old monarch smiled and gestured for  a servant to give Taeyong a present.

 

“I am sure you have a seamstress to provie your robes and this is our custom robes for the mating.” Yuta’s mother informed Taeyong and the omega nodded and handed it to Chittaphon for keeping.

 

After breakfast, the monarchs were whisked away by their retainers to allow them to change into suitable attires for the parade. There was a knock on Yuta’s door and Youngho entered with a grin. He then handed a sash to Jeonghan and informed him that it was to identify him as the alpha mate of Taeyong. Yuta nodded and Youngho left them to attend to his charge.

 

Yuta gasped when he saw his entourage, because Boah-nim outdid herself with the clothes. “You all look amazing.” Yuta remarked to his brothers and cousins who laughed at him.

 

“You seriously haven’t seen yourself then.” Kun remarked and Yuta shook his head.

 

“You look wonderful Prince Yuta.” They heard the melodious voice of Taeyong and his jaws dropped hat how beautiful Taeyong was with his pure white robe in flowy chiffon and crystals encrusted hems.

 

Yuta smiled wide and Taeyong blushed at the gaze of his mate. “And you outshone the stars.” Yuta greeted Taeyong and offered a hand which Taeyong gladly took. Yuta kissed the hand before he maneuver it to his arm.  “Let’s go?” He asked and Taeyong gladly followed him towards their carriages.

 

Yuta assisted Taeyong up the carriage and he then followed shortly. Taeyong was smiling wide and Yuta can’t help but mirror that smile. The sun shone brightly and the breeze gently blew, it was perfect and no one can ruin this moment, not even the whining from Doyoung because he’s siting next to Jaehyun or the incessant flirting of Sicheng to a blushing Kun.

 

The Muhanuinian were cheering as their carriages passed and both Yuta and Taeyong were waving back at them. They were all smiling and waving their flags, Yuta loved the atmosphere. “I kind of feel apologetic that I will get to keep you to myself and away from your people.” Yuta whispered in Taeyong’s ears and made the omega laugh.

 

“Silly, I get to be a Kusarian and I will steal your people’s hearts too!” Taeyong said smugly.

 

“Prince Yuta!” They heard a group of girls squeal and Yuta smiled and waved at them but Taeyong frowned at that and slapped Yuta’s arm.

 

“What?” Yuta exclaimed then grinned as he noticed his mate’s jealous face. “You’re my one and only. Don’t worry about it.” Yuta assured him and Taeyong can see sincerity in Yuta’s eyes, he knew he could trust Yuta.

 

When they arrived at the plaza, they were greeted with cheers and applauses. Taeyong and Yuta walked to the center where Yunho and Jaejoong were already waiting for them. The two bowed at the kings and Yunho instructed them to stand next to them. Yunho introduced Yuta as the alpha prince of Kusari and his rightful claim to Taeyong. Yuta bowed and waved while the crowd cheered. Yoochun then came to Yunho side and handed the king some medals. Yuta faced him and bowed as he received a the medals. He then knelt inn front of Yunho as the King tapped his shoulders, knighting him as an honorary knight of the kingdom of Muhanui, and made Taeyong still part of the kingdom after mating.

 

 

The crowd applauded and this time, Taecyon and Nickhun came to hand over a sword and crowns for the princes who then knelt in front of the adoring crowd as Jaejoong and Yunho placed the gold bands on their heads. The crowd cheered and asked for a kiss to which the two shyly complied much to the delight of the crowd. The bowed once more and then went back to their carriage and return to the castle. The crowd cheered as they passed and soon after they were lining towards the food stalls the tribe had prepared, everyone was invited to the celebration of Kusari and Muhanui union.

 

 

A feast welcomed them in the palace and Yuta was beaming as he escorted his mate to give their respects to Yuta’s parents. Taeyong smiled and stood next to Yuta and with synchronized ease, they bowed and paid their respects to the old couple. They then walked towards the dining hall for the elaborate feast for them. They shared food and wine, stories and laughter to celebrate the day and the union of two individuals.

 

The next day, Doyoung and Kun gathered the Muhanui royals to teach them the etiquettes of the tea ceremony and they were all eager to learn the tradition by heart. Taeyong saw that Yuta was not present.

 

“Yuta hyung will conduct a special ceremony with you Taeyong hyung so better pay attention to this.” Kun smiled and led them to the hall the Muhanui graciously lent them.

 

Taeyong was immersed in the demonstration and to whatever Kun and Doyoung was teaching them, asking when he couldn’t understand or if he was unsure of what he should do. He made sure that he respected Kusarian culture and Doyoung was pleased with how Taeyong is embracing this.

 

“Will kung e do the same if we get mated?” Sicheng asked and Kun almost tripped while handing out the tea to him.

 

“You’re supposed to meditate Sicheng.” Doyoung raised a brow.

 

“the answer is yes Sicheng, if you become my mate.” Kun replied and Sicheng smiled at Kun. “Slip slowly okay.” Kun reminded him and Sicheng nodded.

 

Before the Kusarian contingents left, Yuta’s mother prepared a tea ceremony to thank the guests. Yuta assisted her in offering the tea to their hosts, and Taeyong shyly smiled as Yuta placed the bowl in front of him and they bowed.

 

They promised to meet as true mates as they parted.

 

 

--- ---

 

Taeyong was nervous when he arrived at the Kusarian palace. He knew everyone was happy to have him back, but he was still not a feeling insecure that he’ll go wrong with the ceremony. Kun assured him that he’ll do well but until the time that he had that ring on his finger, he won’t feel settled.

 

 

The night of their arrival, Yuta was not in sight and it worried Taeyong. Doyoung assured him that Yuta will not abandon him and that they are following Kusarian mating traditions. The night before the mating ceremony, the Muhanuinians entourage were led to their room and was told that the seclusion was necessary to purify them both as mates. Taeyong nodded and with Kun’s reassuring smile, he settled for the night.

 

Their mating day started at the crack of dawn, with Kusarian bustling to get the preparations done before the sun fully rise to greet them. Kun was busy preparing the sweet treats that looked like lotus and cherry blossoms, delicate pink and frail looking. Sicheng watched him work and asked what that was for.

 

“It is for the Tea ceremony Yuta hyung will hold.” Kun answered. “No, you’re not invited.” Kun added and Sicheng pouted, he wanted to taste the sweets. “If you could wait until that day, I promise to give you the sweetest treat.” Kun said and Sicheng blushed and nodded, that sounded like an affirmation that Kun indeed likes him back.

 

Doyoung had neatly folded the written vows Yuta would be reading for his ceremony and had checked the robes the prince would be wearing. He then checked the scroll to be hanged inside the Tea room. When deemed satisfactory, he handed it to Joshua to hang. Junhui had been busy setting up the implements for the Tea ceremony, packing the tea carefully and making sure the kettle is boiling the water at a precise temperature ewhile  Soonyoung and Jihoon were busy tuning the instruments that will be played later.

 

Yuta was extremely thankful for his family to support and assist him in this important day. Seungkwan was fixing his robes when Doyoung entered to check on him. He smiled as Doyoung handed his vows and tucked it in one of the outer robes he’ll wear for the later ceremony. Doyoung then checked him one last time then smiled as he smoothed his robes.

 

“Congratulations.” Doyoung smiled at him straightened his coat before he led him out of his room.

 

Kun greeted him with a smile as he handed him the sweets he meticulously prepared. Yuta took it and thanked his brother who had outdid himself with the sakura and lotus rice cake.  He then took a deep breath as he waited for the moment he’ll meet his one true love.

 

---

 

Due to the complexity of the Kusarian traditional robes, Jeonghan was assigned to assist in dressing Taeyong. Ten was gratful for the help and Jeonghan assured him that he’ll be right there every step of the way. Jeonghan admired how Boah-nim crafted the clothes, respecting the culture of Kusari but injecting the flare of Muhanui. As Jeonghan tied the las knot into the robes, Taeyong sighed nervously.

 

“You’ll do well your majesty. The Tea ceremony is very private and if you do make mistakes, it’s only Yuta who would see.” Jeonghan assured him.

 

‘That’s not very assuring.” Taeyong pouted making Jeonghan chuckle.

 

“it will be okay, remember the etiquette and you’ll do fine.” Jeonghan assured him.

 

“Prince Taeyong?” Junhui called out from the door and Taeyong smiled at his soon to be brother-in-law. “Are you ready?” Junhui asked and Taeyong took a deep breath and nodded.

 

The hallway was lined with both Kusarian and Muhanui bowing at him and he walked slowly and bowed at him. At the end of the hallway, Yunho and Jaejoong met him and he bowed at them, the parents blessing their child for the last time and allowed Junhui to lead the omega towards the room where Yuta will finally meet him.

 

“Remember your etiquette.” Junhui reminded him and slid open the door as Taeyong knelt to show his respect.

 

Taeyong then gingerly crawled towards the space, bowing to pay his respect then stood to walk towards the alcove. He then knelt again  reading the beautiful calligraphy written on the scroll and smiled as the words read, like the sakura of spring, you are my spring in this winter. Yuta doesn’t seem like the poetic type but the words were heartfelt and Taeyong felt the sincerity of the words. He then appreciated the sakura on the vase, and he pondered how they even had such fragile flower at this time and weather.

 

He then stood and knelt in front of the implements, he bowed once again and then went to his designated spot, knelt and waited for Yuta. The other door slid open and Taeyong bowed as Yuta bowed and entered with the tray of sweets. He knelt in front of his omega and offered the plate then bowed, Taeyong did the same as he accepted the sweets and took a bite, complimenting it with a smile. Yuta then excused himself and left the room to return with a canister of cold water.

 

Yuta then bowed again, Taeyong doing the same, before he started the tea ceremony. Taeyong observed how Yuta moved, calculated but graceful, an art to appreciate. Yuta took out a red cloth from his waistband and proceeded with cleaning the matcha canister and the bamboo spoon. He then took the lid off of the kettle and placed it on the side. With careful movements, Yuta scooped hot water and cleaned the bowl and wiped it dry with a linen. He then carefully measured the matcha and spread it on the bottom of the bowl. He then scooped the right amount of water and with a bamboo whisk, he carefully whisked the mixture until frothy. He then stood to face Taeyong and with shy smiles, he offered the bowl, turning the bowl so the front faces the omega. Yuta then bowed and Taeyong returned it.
 

“I’ll drink it.” Taeyong said and took the bowl and placed it on his left hand then turned it slightly before he took three sips, draining the contents quietly. He then took a linen and wiped the bowl’s lip before turning it back to its front then placing back on the floor then thanked Yuta for the tea. As etiquette called for, Taeyong looked at the bowl carefully, and he smiled as he looked at the intricate painting of the sakura intertwined with the lotus.  “it’s beautiful.” Taeyong muttered and looked up at Yuta was was smiling at him wide.

 

‘Not as beautiful as you Taeyong.” Yuta said and Taeyong blushed.

 

Yuta then took the bowl, bowed at Taeyong for the last time and cleaned it just the way he did earlier. He then too the cold water and poured it on the kettle, signaling the end of the ceremony. But they still had a long way to go. Yuta knelt in front of Taeyong and offered a hand.

 

“Taeyong-ah, Taeyongie.” Yuta said his name softly making Taeyong flustered. “Will you give yourself to me?” Yuta asked and Taeyong looked at the eyes of the alpha and nodded.

 

“Always. I’m yours.” Taeyong answered and Yuta tipped Taeyong’s face as he leaned in to capture the omega’s lips into his.

 

It was sweet and intimate that both lost themselves in the moment. Yuta then took Taeyong’s both hands and kissed it before looking back into Taeyong’s eyes, both were smiling happily at how they finally are together. Taeyong then loosened his robe and revealed his marked shoulder, bowing low to his alpha, surrendering himself to be Yuta’s omega. Yuta leaned in and captured the Taeyong’s lips once more before he kissed the mark. Yuta bit Taeyong again, solidifying the mark under formal oath and Taeyong whimpered, it was overwhelming but it was also a delightful experience. Yuta the wound and assisted Taeyong with his robes.

 

“You’ll meet a very important friend.” Yuta announced and they both turned to the door.

 

Yuta knocked on the floor three times and soon the door slid open with Kun carrying soft cloth. He bowed to them then proceeded to walk towards the alcove. He then placed it next to the sakura then bowed in front of the scroll before bowing to the couple then left.

 

Yuta led Taeyong towards the alcove and Taeyong gasped at what Kun had brought. They bowed low and Yuta gingerly took the fur coat and offered it to Taeyong. “This is Shiro, the artic wolf who shed blood for me to find you. My omega, I offer you my protection, my wealth and my love.” Yuta said and Taeyong took the offered coat and thanked him, bowing low once again.

 

They both stood and Yuta took the coat and draped it over his omega, the head of the wolf covering Taeyong’s head, as if to protect the omega. Taeyong smiled as the warmth enveloped him; Shiro had always made him comfortable. They then exited the tea room to be met by their parents who were smiling at them.

 

“Follow me your majesties.” Doyoung’s voice was heard and they followed, lining up to march towards the temple.

 

Soonyoung and jihoon were up front with flutes, followed by two shaman. Yuta stood next to Taeyong, his black and red robe standing out in the vastness of white snow. Doyoung handed him his outer coat and his vows and Jeonghan assisted his charge. Jaejoong stood next to Taeyong, assisting him as protocol. The parents all wore black with ornate designs that represented their tribes while the entourage wore colored robes of ornate designs. Doyoung took his place behind Junhui and was paired up with Jaehyun who Doyoung noticed had worn a dark blue robe with gold details, the color fitted the prince well. They then walked towards the shrine while SOonyoung and Jihoon played the flute.

 

The head shaman welcomed them and they all bowed in greeting. They then walked inside the shrine and Taeyong noticed how it was decorated for the occasion. They stood in front of the altar and the head Shaman called into the mountain spirits and their ancestors to welcome the union of Yuta and Taeyong. They were then asked to sit while two junior shaman handed the first of three cups of sake that they will drink. Yuta took the smallest cup and thanked the shaman for the drink then took three sips, handing it back to her to give to Taeyong. Taeyong did as what Yuta had done. A second and larger cup was brought to Yuta and he took three sips again as per tradition, Taeyong did the same. The last and largest cup was finally handed to Yuta and the alpha sipped it three times and handed it back to the shaman who offered the same cup to Taeyong and sipped it three times as well.

 

They then stood and Yuta took his written vow and opened it for Taeyong to see. The vow was not for Taeyong but to their ancestors. Taeyong smiled as Yuta read the words with such pride and commitment.

 

To the spirits the guide Kusari, we offer to you two lives that will be united as mates. In this winter filled tribe whose people are used to the cold, let the spring of Muhanui spread warmth in the form of the omega whom I will cherish for the rest of my life. I give my word, Alpha yuta.” Yuta spoke and urged Taeyong to read the rest.

 

And I give my word, Omega Taeyong.” Taeyong said and Yuta folded the paper and placed it on the table in front of them.

 

They then took the branch of an evergreen plant, decorated with paper that Yuta’s parents folded themselves, and offered it to their ancestors. The shaman accepted the gifts and offered her prayers, everyone clapped twice to seal their prayers.

 

“You are not two people, you are now one. You are now mates, an alpha and omega whose bond will transverse through the thick and thin.” The head shaman pronounced and Jaehyun brought the rings to the couple. “The rings will be a reminder to you and to everyone that you are each other’s and no one can claim you but each other.” The shaman said and the two exchanged rings and sealed their union with a kiss. The shaman then offered the entourage sake, and everyone drank as congratulatory for the mated couple.

 

 

 

They then went back to the palace for the feast, with Sicheng and Soonyoung performing traditional dances for everyone to enjoy. It was a happy occasion, everyone is in good spirits but in the center of it all, there was Yuta and Taeyong who were holding each other’s hand and smiling at each other like no one existed around them.

 

The feast came to an end after Kun’s sweets were served and both Yuta and Taeyong stood to thank their parents. Yunho and Jaejoong stood with Yuta’s parents as Yuta and Taeyong approached them. Both were carrying a bouquet of flowers, picked from the Muhanui gardens, which they offered to their mother and omega father. Kun and Doyoung then handed them daggers and offered each to their akpha fathers. After the gifts were given, both Yuta and Taeyong went down on their knees and bowed at them low, offering their heartfelt gratitude for giving birth to them. Yuta helped Taeyong stand and then the parents embraced them tightly, proud and happy about their union.

 

And as the sun sets, Yuta and Taeyong walked down a familiar stony path, this time with Jeonghcan, Seungcheol, Youngho and Chittaphon, to consummate their union.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: You don’t know how many wedding videos, including traditional Japanese weddings, I watched to make this mating special. I was sobbing at some of them because I imagine Yutae doing them and I am such a sap for romance T.T Japanese traditional wedding is so beautiful, please do look it up as well.

 

We will have another chapter for Yutae’s intimate mating because that would be too much for me to write and my poor braincells are not cooperating after sobbing at wedding videos.

 

And then we will move on to the other couples ^^