Phoenix and Dragon

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: it seems that some of you are betting who gets pregnant first, oh dear. I have to be honest, I haven’t mapped out their children yet… so… hahaah

 

 

----

 

 

Taeyong was elated as he woke up to the warm breeze passing through their tree house and the warmth that surrounded him. He was pretty much but he loved how Yuta always took care of him, ever the gentleman that he was. He kissed his mate’s nose before he left the bed to take a quick shower, he wanted to cook for his mate like he always do now that they are mated and being in his home turf, he would show Yuta what he can do. He arrived at the communal kitchen and was surprised to see Kun rubbing sleep from his eyes. The younger greeted him and Taeyong chuckled, it seems that the two of them will have kitchen encounters even in Muhanui.

 

“Did you sleep with Sicheng?” Taeyong asked and Kun blushed at that but nodded.

 

 

“Sleep as in lie next to him because he wouldn’t let me go.” Kun clarified and Taeyong laughed, of course Kusarian value their mates so much.

 

“You have to get used to it, you are to mate him.” Taeyong pointed out and Kun nodded, helping Taeyong prepare breakfast for everyone except Jaehyun, Doyoung will take care of his mate’s breakfast as per tradition.

 

 

“Kun ge, why did you wake up early?” Sicheng’s sleepy voice flitted and they both looked at the omega pouting as he entered the kitchen.

 

 

“Taeyongie why are you awake at such hour?” Yuta followed after and the two chuckled seeing them looking adorable.

 

 

“Sleep more Sicheng.” Kun said and Yuta pulled the omega to sit down and rest his head on him, he cared for his brother-in-law that way.

 

 

The two continued to cook when Taeil and Jungwoo came to the kitchen, offering to help them but the monarchs refused, they can manage.

 

 

“No offense Sicheng, but shouldn’t you be learning how to cook? You have to cook for Prince Kun when you mate.” Taeil poked his charge and Sicheng swatted him away.

 

 

“He has a point.” Jungwoo added, pulling some cups to start on making coffee.

 

 

“What? Oh fudge Kun Ge, sit down here, I’ll help Taeyong hyung cook!” Sicheng bolted up and pulled Kun away from the chopping board and grabbed the knife the alpha was holding.

 

 

“It’s not necessary.” Kun reminded his mate but Sicheng shook his head.

 

“I can do this at least. Just for one breakfast, at least let me do that?” Sicheng pleaded and Kun sighed then nodded.

 

 

“He’s all yours Taeyong hyung.” Kun said as he washed his hands and left the brothers to cook while he sat next to Yuta. ‘How’s Jeonghan hyung going?” Kun asked Yuta who hummed before ruffling his brother’s hair.

 

 

“A bit better, but we don’t want him tired.” Yuta said and thanked Jungwoo for the coffee.

 

 

“It’s about time they get pregnant. Which reminds me, what about you Taeil hyung, not planning on having one yet?” Kun asked Taeil who looked offended.

 

 

‘Not until after I married that big baby.” Taeil pointed to Sicheng who fake sobbed. “oh stop it, you are a big baby and I am relieved Prince Kun had the patience to handle you.” Taeil said and drank his coffee.

 

 

“It’s what mates are for.” Kun answered and Sicheng beamed at that.

 

 

When breakfast was almost done, Doyoung came limping in with Seungkwan and Seokmin trying to stop the omega from walking too fast. Taeyong smiled at a blushing Doyoung but offered counter space while Taeil fetched a warm drink for him.

 

 

“I am fine Seungkwan, please, I am just going to cook breakfast.” Doyoung pacified his retainer and the younger omega pouted but sat next to Jungwoo and leaned his head on his friend’s shoulder while Seokmin did the same to Taeil.

 

 

“For the record, you’re loud.” Seokmin blurted out and Doyoung hissed at him, holding the knife threateningly but Taeyong and Sicheng held him back.

 

 

 

“If this is how omegas are in the kitchen then I’m gladly staying out of it.” Yuta remarked and Kun laughed next to him.

 

 

“Give Doyoung some slack, he had to make breakfast for Jaehyun.” Kun said and Doyoung smiled at his cousin.

 

 

“You did not eve soundproof your treehouses.” Doyoung hissed as he sliced some onions.

 

 

“Sorry, didn’t see the use for it.” Taeyong shrugged.

 

 

“You’re both lucky the refuge is sound proofed.” Doyougn sliced the vegetables harshly but when he caught a whiff of his alpha’s scent filtering through the kitchen, he smiled and acted like a domesticated omega.

 

 

“Doie!” Jaehyun brightly greeted his omega and Sicheng huffed.

 

 

“Great, you only see Doyoung hyung, not the others.” His twin retorted and it made Jaehyun laugh.

 

 

“Don’t bring your brothers on your honeymoon.” Doyougn groaned and Taeyong patted his shoulder.

 

 

“Who’s bringing the food to Jeonghan?” Taeyong asked and all retainers stood and grabbed their share and scurried away from the monarchs. “I guess it’s just us then. Taeyong chuckled as he placed a plate in front of Yuta while Sicheng did the same to Kun.

 

 

Jaehyun smiled and gestured for them to eat but they shook their heads to wait for Doyoung to finish. It took a couple of minutes and when Doyoung was done, Jaehyun was absolutely blown away with it. Jaehyun pulled his mate onto his lap and Doyoung blushed.

 

 

“The wood is hard Doie, it will hurt.” Jaehyun whispered and Doyoung’s blush deepened.

 

 

They ate in relative silence and somehow Kun and Sicheng felt a little awkward with the two mated couples. Kun cleared his throat and the four looked at him. “I know that you just mated but I would really appreciate it if you prepare Sicheng.” Kun turned to Doyoung who smiled wide.

 

 

“Of course I will. I know that you wanted the Han ceremony and in contrast to Yuta hyung’s ceremony, this is far more elaborate and taxing.” Doyoung replied. “And get your squad ready because I have Wonwoo and Jihoon with me.” Doyoung had an evil glint and Kun had to laugh nervously.

 

 

 

“I’ll see you in a couple of months then?” Kun turned to Sicheng and the omega smiled wide and nodded.

 

 

Upon their return to the castle, everyone was fussing over Doyoung and Jaehyun growled at them to stay away from his mate. His father raised a brow and took hold of Doyoung and pulled him into a room without question. Jaehyun growled but Yunho growled back making the king laugh at his son.

 

 

“You have a lifetime to share with Doyoung, your father is just going to make sure that you did not harm your mate.” Yunho assured him.

 

 

“Why would I harm my mate?” Jaehyun asked and Yunho laughed.

 

 

“You’re not exactly small Jaehyun, I would know because Jaejoong limped for a week after our wedding.” Yunho winked and it flustered Jaehyun.

 

 

“Appa!” Jaehyun whined but Yunho could only laugh.

 

 

 

Doyoung was blushing as he bared his to Jaejoong who was cursing his son and his mate for being gifted in the reproduction department. He hissed and tears weled up as Jaejoong applied antiseptic to his ripped hole, all the while, the King consort apologized in behalf of his son. Once done and Doyoung was seated on a fluffy chair with hot packs to ease the pain, Jaejoong siled at him and kissed his forehead, truly welcoming him as the prince consort.

 

 

“It’s not your first but Jaehyun still managed to hurt you like this.” Jaejoong sighed and Doyoung flushed bright red.

 

 

‘Well he is well endowed.” Doyoung said and it made Jaejoong laugh.

 

 

“They both are. Runs in the bloodline. It’s the ‘Jung’ Package” Jaejoong quoted and it made Doyoung laugh. “You can refuse my son okay, you’re not his baby maker or a toy he could use to relieve himself.” Jaejoong reminded Doyoung and the younger nodded, he sure is Jaehyun won’t think of him that way, almost dying for a toy sure wasn’t worth it. ‘And don’t be pressured about having children okay?” Jaeoong said and Doyoung nodded.

 

 

“We hope to have them when we’re both ready.” Doyoung assured him and Jaejoong smiled happily.

 

The Kusarian contingent returned home and as soon as they caught up with their rest, Yuta had ordered that everyone be on their toes for Kun’s mating. The younger groaned but his chosen ceremony is indeed grand and detailed. Soonyoung assured his cousin that they will be performing their best and Junhui assured his brother that every detail was checked and followed.

 

Since Jeonghan wasn’t able to lead the preparations, it was Chitapphon who assumed responsibilities with Jungwoo assisting him. They made sure that the robes and utensils were perfect that Jeonghan beamed with pride. Halfway through the preparation, Doyoung arrived back in Kusari with a smile that sent shivers down Yuta’s spine because he knew, his cousin had something sinister planned for him.

 

 

Doyoung marched toward Jeonghan who was organizing the wooden crates that will hold Kun’ gift for Sicheng and the omega beamed with a smile seeing the younger. Doyoung hugged Jeonghan and patted his slightly bulging tummy and Doyoung was excited to have his own someday.

 

“So you’ve decided on the plan?” Jaeonghan asked and Doyoung nodded which made Jeonghan grin and then gather the omegas, monarchs and retainers.

 

 

“So the Han ceremony is a little more elaborate than the Nihongo Ceremony.” Doyoung started and then grinned at his squad of omegas. “one of which is that the alpha must prove himself worthy for the omega’s hand and not in the brutal display of power but of obedience and loyalty.” Doyoung said and the Muhanui omegas nodded. “so, this is where we come in, on the day of Kun and Sicheng’s mating, each one of us must give the alphas a specific task to overcome, it can vary and you can choose to let Kun or his entourage do them. I already discussed this with Sicheng and he is ecstatic to implement the plan.” Doyoung further explained but was soon stopped when Chittaphon had a fainting spell.

 

 

Fortunately, Wonwoo was with them and cheked up on him. He assured that Chittaphon was fine but had called Youngho to fetch his mate to allow him to rest. But as the doors to their meeting room closed, they heard a scream of joy and they all exchanged wide smiles, the omega was also pregnant.

 

 

“Woah, so it’s pressure on Taeyong hyung?” Jungwoo mused but Taeyong snarled at him.

 

 

“We’ll have ours in the right time.” Taeyong stuck out his tongue and everyone just laughed and continued with the meeting.

 

 

Jungwoo was preparing the room from one of the nearby guest houses, because the Han tradition dictates that the alpha fetch his mate from their house and bring them to their own house, and traveling to Muhanui would take them days so they had to improvise. Taeyong popped in the room and was impressed with how Jungwoo spared nothing to make the room perfect for Sicheng.

 

“You did well Jungwoo.” Taeyong praised the retainer who smiled wide at the prince.

 

 

“I want to make Prince Sicheng comfortable.’ Jungwoo answered.

 

 

“Are you nervous about the mating?” Taeyong asked and Jungwoo nodded.

 

 

“I like your brother Taeyong hyung, but it will still be an adjustment since I have to take care of Prince Sicheng too aside from Kun hyung.” Jungwoo confessed and Taeyong understood.

 

 

“Take it as your practice to parenthood.” Taeyong joked and it made Jungwoo laugh.

 

 

---- 

 

 

Yuta was nervous as the days passed by and it amused his brothers to no end. Kun was just there looking all cool like a cucumber while his older brother pull his hair out with what Doyoung had planned for him.

 

 

“You don’t understand, this is Doyoung’s revenge we are talking about!” Yuta hissed. “Why did you have to choose the Han Ceremony.” Yuta groaned and Kun just chuckled as Junhui placed money on red evelopes.

 

“Why are you all chill?” Yuta groaned and Junhui raised a brow.

 

 

“let the omegas have their fun. I am sure this is the main reason Kun chose the Han way.” Junhui said and Kun winked.

 

 

“Of course.” Yuta groaned once more. “Because your mate is childish.” Yuta said and looked at Kun. “In a good way okay, he’s playful and you want to be a little playful. I get it.” Yuta smiled at his brother.

 

 

“You’re the romantic one, I am the playful one.” Kun informed him and Yuta laughed.

 

 

“Oh well, for the sake of it, and besides, they won’t go too far right, we don’t want a wedding and a funeral to happen at the same day.” Yuta said and hugged Kun. “The things I do for you.” Yuta said and Kun punched his brother lightly.

 

 

“The things I do for you too.” He retaliated.

 

 

“Okay, include me in the hug, I am your brother too.” Junhui whined and Yuta gestured for him to come and they hugged each other tightly.

 

 

---

 

Sicheng arrived a few days for the ceremony and was surprised that he was led to a guest house instead of the palace. But Doyoung reassured him that it was part of the mating ceremony. So Sicheng made himself comfortable and tried to calm his nerves down. Jaejoong and Yunho were emotional when they left Muhanui but Sicheng assured them that he will be fine and that he’ll take care of himself and his mate.

 

Taeyong greeted his brother and Sicheng was wide eyed as he looked at Chittaphon in what looked like larger robes and Youngho guarding over his mate like a hound dog. Chittaphon smiled at Sicheng and that was enough to make the younger omega t jump up and down like a rabbit and squeal.

 

 

“You’re pregnant! You’re pregnant!” Sicheng chanted and Youngho had to laugh as he watch the prince act all childish.

 

 

“Yes I am Prince Sicheng.” Chittaphon chuckled and Sicheng congratulated them both. “I can’t wait to get pregnant!” Sicheng mused and Doyoung clicked his tongue.

 

 

“Excuse me, fall in line, you have two older omegas waiting to get pregnant, three if you count Taeil hyung.” Doyoung said and Taeil rubbed his temples.

 

 

“I’ll gladly get pregnant as soon as Sicheng is mated.” Taeil announced and Hansol was grinning next to his mate. “Yes Hansol, stop looking like a creep.” Taeil nudged his mate and the alpha wrapped his arm around the smaller omega and twirled him around, eliciting a laugh from the omega.

 

 

 

-----

 

Sicheng woke up at the break of dawn for his mating ceremony. He knew that the omegan entourage had slept in the guest house and he grinned as he imagined what hell his brother nd brothers-in-law will go through for his hand. There was a knock on the door and Taeil came with a special cup and sweets in a tray. Sicheng recognized the aroma and he met his retainer and picked up and note that came along with the hot cocoa. He smiled as he read Kun’s note and took the drink.

 

 

“He’s super sweet isn’t he?” Taeil cooed and Sicheng blushed and nodded.

 

 

“I am so in love with him.” Sicheng fawned and Taeil can’t help but smile at his charge. Sicheng maybe childish but deep down, Taeil knew that his charge matured little by little to be a worthy omega for Kun.

 

 

“I aready ran a bath for you, you’ll need it before the long day ahead of you.” Taeil reminded him and Sicheng nodded.

 

 

“Can I write him back a note” Sicheng asked and Taeil nodded, grabbing a familiar stationary from his pocket and handed it to his charge. Sicheng diligently wrote his note and sealed it with a kiss before handing it back to Taeil.

 

A little after an hour, there was another knock and this time, Taeil was with Seungkwan and Chittaphon as well as Doyoung and Taeyong who brought Sicheng’s wedding robes and accessories. Sicheng’s face lit up as he looked at the items and he smiled before hugging each brother and retainer, careful with Chittaphon because he was pregnant.

 

 

Sicheng sat on his vanity and allowed Chittaphon to doll him up, adding the slightes pink on his cheeks and red on his lips. He smiled as Taeil expertly combed his hair back and with careful directions from Doyoung, he was made to look like a Kusarian bride. The final detail was a red ribbon tied a the base of Sicheng’s hair, something of significant importance to the later part of their ceremony.

 

 

“He looks really different.” Taeyong chuckled and Doyoung agreed.

 


“Aren’t we three looked different for our wedding day?” Doyoung asked and Taeyong chuckled.

 

 

“It is rather unfair that Sicheng’s wedding robes are fairly lighter than ours.” Taeyong complained and Doyoung nodded in agreement.

 

 

“It’s one of the reasons why Kun chose the Han ceremony, Sicheng won’t drown on layers.” Doyoung said as he placed oranate jewelry on Sicheng’s hair.

 

 

Once he was done, Sicheng wore his xuanduan. It has a white bottom skirt and a red overcoat with ornate gold designs. Doyoung explained that the phoenix design is meant to represent the omega, a sign of fertility while Kun will be wearing the dragon, a sign of an alpha and power. Once he was ready, he was made to sit on the bed as Taeyong and Doyoung hid his shoes, a challenge for Kun to find later. He slipped on his old slippers was led to the family hall where Jaejoong and Yunho were waiting.

 

Jaejoong and Yunho were emotional as Sicheng entered the family hall and they gave their youngest a tight embrace and a kiss on the temple. They are going to give their youngest away and it was a bittersweet moment. Sicheng bowed to his parents, lowering his body to the floor and Jaejoong broke into tears as he placed a silver necklace on his son.

 

 

“You’ve grown up well Sicheng, make your mate the happiest okay?” Jaejoong reminded him and Sicheng nodded with a smile.

 

 

Sicheng then went back to his room and sat on the bed to wait, and Taeil discarded his old slippers, a sign that he will no longer return as a Muhanuinian.

 

 

---

 

Kun was smiling wide as he took the note Hansol had brought in from his mate. He read the note and kept it in his drawer as Jungwoo and Jeonghan came to help him dress up for the ceremony. He changed into his Xuanduan, a bold black with striking red. Jeonghan fixed the sashes and affied the Kusarian emblem made of jade on his waist band before assisting Jungwoo to secure the Mianguan on his head, a symbol of his high status in the tribe. He thanked the two omegas and followed them out to the main hall where the reigning monarch were seated.

 

Jihoon had sounded the gong to signal the start of the ceremony and Kun stepped into the hall followed by Jungwoo and Jeonghan then stopped in front of his parents. He lowered his body to bow in respect and both his parents acknowledge him. Jungwoo then handed Junhui a tray of wooden geese and the alpha presented it to Kun and the twin bowed once more in recognition of his mating.

 

Kun then approached his mother and the old queen placed a necklace on his son, signify their family’s blessing for the union. “Bring back your omega.” She said and Kun nodded with a smile.

 

 

The drums were played and Kun walked out of the palace to board a horse. Soonyoung and Jihoon were at the forefront to play the drums while Kun followed, riding his majestic horse. Right behind him is the omegan sedan chair covered in red cloth and were carried by the royal guards Youngho, Seungcheol, Joshua and Yukhei followed by Kun’s entourage of alphas, Yuta, Jaehyun, Junhui, Hansol, Vernon and Mingyu.

 

 

Once they were at the guest house, Kun made his presence know and knocked on the gate. They heard a shout from the other side and Junhui stepped in to hand in a couple of red envelopes as bribe. The gates opened but in front of them were the omegas who were smirking at them; Jihoon left Soonyoung’s side to join his fellow omegas.

 

 

“Who dare ask for Sicheng’s hand in marriage?” Doyoung asked and Yuta rolled his eyes.

 

 

“It is I, Kun, 2nd prince of Kusari.” Kun said and bowed.

 

 

“Prove to us that you are capable.” Doyoung smirked and Seungkwan came in front and asked Kun to draw out a scroll.

 

 

Kun did as he was told and he read the challenge aloud. He laughed as he asked for a bow and arrow then called out Junhui. His twin gladly took the challenge and as Wonwoo threw three apples into the air, Junhui expertly hit them dead center. Kun continued to draw out the scrolls and laughed as he got Yukhei to do push ups while Jungwoo sat on his back. Yuta groaned when he was asked to do a challenge but when Taeyong stepped up to greet him, he smirked, cracked his knuckles and tried his best to split the apples in half, impressing Taeyong.

 

 

“Jaehyun, your turn.” Kun said and the alpha stepped up and met Doyoung who was smiling wide. He took the sword from his mate’s hands and then faced one of the gaurds to battle. It was an easy task and Jaehyun winked at Doyoung after he emerged victorious.

 

 

But the last challenge was for Kun. In a scroll there were kiss marks and he was made to pick out Sicheng’s kiss mark to proceed. Kun smirked and pointed to the one at the far left corner and Doyoung laughed and nodded; Kun was proud that he could identify his omega.

 

 

“You can’t proceed without the gifts.” Taeyong warned and Kun nodded.

 

One by one the alphas lined up, carrying wooden crates filled with various items: From silks to jewelry, to gold and even sweets. Taeyong walked to check each item and when he returned to Kun, he asked from more red envelopes. Kun sighed and handed them each a thick envelope and was soon led inside the house and towards Sicheng’s room. Yuta handed his brother a bouquet of roses and Kun knelt in front of Sicheng and offered the bouquet. Sicheng shook his head playfully and Kun laughed, they are going to play even more.

 

 

“Sing for Me Prince Kun.” Sicheng demanded and Kun stood and did as he was told. Everyone went silent as they listened to the alpha sang a love song to his omega, of how a bright moon represents his heart. Sicheng swooned and as the alpha once again fell into his knees and offered the bouquet, Sicheng nodded and accepted it.

 

“You must find his shoes.” Doyoung said and Kun gladly searched the room for the shoes.

 

He successfully found one inside a drawer but had difficulty finding the other pair. He huffed but looking at Sicheng, he knew Doyoung played a trick. So Kun lifted the robe carefully and true to his gut feels, Sicheng was already wearing the other pair. Kun huffed but smiled as he fitted the other shoe and helped Sicheng to stand. Jungwoo handed Kun a red silk sash with a jade pendant in the middle, and extended the sash for Sicheng to hold before Kun led his mate out of the room and towards the family hall.

 

Sicheng and Kun bowed as they met Jaejoong and Yunho, the two acknowledging them as to be mated. Jungwoo then offered a tray of tea to Sicheng who then handed one to his father, while Taeil offered one to Kun, the alpha offered it to Jaejoong.

 

 

“We bless you as a couple, to be mates for as long as you shall live.” Yunho announced and raised his cup with his mate then drank the tea, Kun and Sicheng bowed to thank them and Yunho took a red envelope and handed it to Sicheng.

 

 

They then movedpay their respect to Changmin and Kun served the tea to the alpha. Changmin smiled and took the tea, blessing them and offering them a red envelope as a sign of his approval to their mating. And finally, Kun and Sicheng bowed to  Jaehyun and Doyoung, the crowned prince and consort of Muhanui Jaehyun accepted the tea from Kun while Doyoung accepted his from Sicheng, They raised the cup and gave their blessings and in turn handed the two a red envelope.

 

 

Once done with the tea ceremony, Kun and Sicheng held the red silk sash again and Kun led the omega out of the house and helped him board the sedan chair. Taeyong fixed a red veil on Sicheng before the gongs were played and cymbals clang as they led the procession back towards the palace where the entrance was adecorated in bright red cloths and a red carpet doned the entrance.

 

 

 

Kun had helped Sicheng out of the Sedan upon their arrival and held the sash carefully to lead him inside. Jungwoo and Taeil approached Sicheng and handed him a vase and a mirror and helped him as they made their way to cross two obstacles. As Kun led in front, Sicheng was made aware that he should step over the first obstacle, a tray of burning coals followed by a saddle to protect the omega from evil’s harm.

 

Once they were inside, they made their way towards the main hall where the old Kusarian monarchs waited for them. Kun and Sicheng bowed in respect and the monarch acknowledged them as mates. Jeonghan and Chittaphon assisted in handing the tea, to which Kun and Sicheng served to Kun’s parents.

 

 

“My dear child, hold your mate’s hand and face each battle together.” Kun’s father blessed them and drank the tea, offering Kun a red envelope to keep.

 

After Kun’s parents, Kun and Sicheng bowed to Yuta and Taeyong, the crowned prince of Kusari, and offered them tea. Yuta smiled upon them and gave them his blessing, and he too handed a red envelope. The couple also served tea to Junhui and Soonyoung, although younger than Kun, as a sign of respect to the ruling tribe alphas.

 

 

Once they were done, Kun and Sicheng were led to a side room to put on their bright red and gold overcoats, where a dragon and a phoenix were embroidered, a sign of union and mating. The procession to the temple was led by Jihoon and Soonyoung, sounding the gong a few times.

 

The head shaman bowed to them and led them inside, stopping to bow at the altar. Two junior shamans brought out a scroll and opened it to allow the head shaman to say their prayers. The place was solemn as the shaman asked for the spirits’ and ancestors’ blessing for Kun and Sicheng, to be accepted as mates and to be gifted a family of their own. Once they were done, The shaman asked Sicheng and Kun to pay respect, and the couple bowed in front of the altar three times, before bowing to each other three times.

 

 

The junior shaman walked towards Kun with a bowl of water, and Kun washed his hands and dried them with a towel the other junior shaman offered. Sicheng was also offered the bowl of water, and the omega diligently ashed and dried his hands. They were then asked to sit on either side of the low table set in front of the altar, Jungwoo and Taeil joining them to assist their charges. Seungkwan handed a tray of food and both Taeil and jungwoo placed a morsel of food on Sicheng’s and Kun’s plates. The two picked up the food and ate them, covering their faces with the long sleeves of their robes.

 

 

“Did you made them?” Sicheng mouthed and Kun smiled and nodded.

 

 

The head shaman cleared and Kun suppressed a chuckle. Minghao then handed a gourd cup connected by a red ribbon, while Seokmin poured the wine on them. Taeil handed his cup to Sicheng while Jungwoo handed his to Kun. The mates exchanged glances before taking a sip with their sleevs covering their faces, then handed it back to their retainers. Taeil and Jungwoo switched cups and offered it back to them to drink. Both Kun and Sicheng emptied the cup once more, covering their faces with their sleeves, before returning it to their retainers. Jungwoo then took the gourd cup and he wind the red ribbon around it and placed it back into the tray which Minghao took back.

 

The shaman then asked Kun to take the ribbon off of the omega’s hair and Sicheng smiled as Kun did as he was told. Kun stood up with the help of Jungwoo and then approached his omega. He then took off the ribbon and handed it back to a junior shaman before he sat back and smiled at Sicheng. The head shaman then instructed her juniors to cut a piece of hair from both alpha and omega. The two juniors clipped a few strands and joined them with the red ribbon Kun just took off from Sicheng, Once the hairs were tied together, the junior shaman kept it in a red pouch and handed it to Jungwoo to give to the couple later.

 

The two were then asked to stand up for their vows and Sicheng was smiling wide as he faced Kun. Sicheng took a deep breath to recite what Doyoung had told him before hand, and so he confidently spoke in declaration of his submission to his alpha.

 

‘I, Sicheng, Omega Prince of Muhanui, humbly ask Kun, Alpha Prince of Kusari, to accept me as his mate. I vow to serve him, and only him as my alpha and husband and the father of our future children.” Sicheng said and Kun smiled wide and nodded.

 

 

“I, Kun, Alpha Prince of Kusari, accepts Sicheng, Omega Prince of Muhanui, as my mate to love and protect.” Kun replied and the head shaman asked her junior shamans for a large scroll.

 

 

Kun took Sicheng’s hand and they both pressed a hand on a padded ink and then pressed their hands on the scroll, indicating their seal for their mating. Once their hands were cleaned, Kun took a jade ring from Jungwoo and inserted it on Sicheng’s left finger. Sicheng then loosened his robe and bared his neck and shoulder for Kun to mark. Kun, being the gentleman that he is, kissed Sicheng’s hand first, then his forehead, before locking their lips, kissing his omega sweetly and finally marking the omega, claiming him as his official mate.

 

 

Their family cheered them on and after they left the temple, Sicheng pulled Kun into a liplock which surprised the alpha but he just wrapped his arm around the omega’s waist and drew him near his body  to deepen the kiss.

 

 

“It’s not even a whole five minutes Sicheng.” Taeil groaned but Hansol pulled him into a kiss to stop him and everyone had to laugh at their antics.

 

 

“I love you.” Kun whispered into Sicheng’s ears and the omega blushed and kissed Kun once more.

 

 

“I love you too.” He replied and the smile on Kun’s face was as bright as the morning sun.

 

 

 

----

 

 

a/n: so my rl sis was bugging me to update this and put the winkun chapter… so here it goes. Also, the wedding depicted here is a mix of traditional and modern practices. Traditional Han ceremony don’t really have the bride’s family testing the groom of sorts. But I watched modern wedding videos including that so I just figured it would be fun to have them in here to reflect the playfulness and childishness of Sicheng. It is a stark contrast of Yuta’s Japanese wedding because that was very solemn and intimate.

 

While watching wedding videos in YT, it made me realize how similar traditions were and how it really revolved to the paying respect and gratitude to parents and ancestors. So there are a lot of bowing and it gets repetitive.

 

Anyway, It is actually pretty nice to learn about different cultures so if you have time, go and browse some wedding videos and coo at the beauty of being in love.

 

The song Kun sang for Sicheng is “The Moon Represents My Heart” it is a classic Chinese song comparing a love to the moon, to which the Chinese greatly associates with as an important symbol. (And that is why I also ship Taeil and Sicheng, because the Moon in Taeil shows how he is loyal to Winwin)

 

 

With that said, I guess we are now down to 2 more chapters before we close this story.