This Is Me

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: what will happen to yutae in one cave?! Let’s find out.

 

This update was supposed to be written a day ago but my laptop decided to update and it took like 4 hrs to finish and I wasn’t even able to touch it for that long.

 

 

----

 

“I’m hungry, I’ll cook first, go and busy yourself somewhere.” Taeyong shooed the alpha away making Yuta laugh but took the liberty to at least set up the table for eating.

 

Yuta watched as the omega cooked diligently and was surprised at the caliber of his cooking. As Taeyong set the food on the table, Yuta’s mouth watered and his eyes sparkled making Taeyong throw a napkin at the alpha.

 

‘You’re disgusting.” Taeyong muttered as he sat across Yuta.

 

“I am not exactly perfect.” Yuta replied as he grabbed his utensils to start eating.

 

They ate in comfortable silence, Yuta commending Taeyong once in a while and Taeyong shrugging each compliment like it was just a normal sentence thrown at him. They drank warm tea after their meal and Yuta led Taeyong to sit by the fire pit again. Yuta handed him a fleece blanket and gave it to Taeyong who took it appreciatively and thanked him. Yuta sat across the omega, the fire separating them as a barrier.

 

“What do you want to know?” Taeyong asked and Yuta grinned at him.

 

“Clearly you are not the tame, submissive one.” Yuta replied and Taeyong nodded.

 

“We were raised to be who we wanted to be, clearly you saw how Sicheng is, and Jaehyun knows how to cook despite being an alpha.” Taeyong started. “Our parents did not limit us to our status or gender, we choose what we want to be, do what we want but we need to take responsibility.” Taeyong added.

 

“So you trained to fight?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“I am not the best fighter, I am no alpha, but I can defend myself.” Taeyong explained.

 

“Clearly, you can handle your blade well.” Yuta praised him. “So why haven’t you chosen a mate yet?” Yuta asked and Taeyong sighed before looking at the alpha straight in the eye.

 

He didn’t want to speak any further, revealing more of himself makes him vulnerable and Yuta can exploit it which he really did not want to happen. But the alpha in front of him is different from alphas he met beforehand. When others drool and fight for his attention bragging their status and skills, Yuta tried to kill him. When others see his beautiful face, Yuta saw the fighter in him.

 

“I don’t want to be a trophy mate. Almost all alphas that took interest in me are in it for my face and my status. They just need me to be the proof of their prowess and would just be someone to stand next to them on parties expected to smile and be all beautiful all the time. I don’t want to bear children to alphas who would see me just someone they could use in their ruts; I am more capable than that.  I can defend myself, I could hold a dagger and stab anyone if I should be in danger, I can fight alongside my alpha if they allowed me to.” Taeyong said and Yuta smirked as he nodded.

 

“It is not fair for omegas to be treated like you mentioned, truly no one had seen such facet of you am I right your majesty?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded.

 

“None of my suitors had.” Taeyong replied.

 

“Such a pity.” Yuta remarked. “They are blind to what they did not want to see.” Yuta sighed. “Since you are honest to me, I would really like to help you, I know your stay here is indefinite and I would really like that you and your brothers to at least feel safe here.” Yuta said and smiled so genuinely Taeyong’s breath was taken away. “Would you train with me Prince Taeyong?” Yuta offered and Taeyong gaped at the offer.

 

“Are you serious” Taeyong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“Of course, you seem like the type to like sword fights, I could train with you, fight you, spar with you. If you want us to train privately I can do so, or if you want to join Jaehyun then much better. Our tribe is just like yours, we are not restricted with what society deemed to be what is right for your status or gender, we decide what we wanted to do and do it as long as it is morally right.” Yuta explained and Taeyong finally smiled, eyes sparkling as the thought of holding a sword and fighting alphas passed him.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, why aren’t you mated Yuta?” Taeyong asked and Yuta grinned at him.

 

“Because I don’t want a trophy mate to brag, the physical aesthetics does not attract me at all. I want a mate who can fight next to me, a strong-willed person who is not afraid to hold a sword to defend themselves, or those that they love. I want a strong mate who will not easily submit to me and can control me if I am crossing the line. I want a mate I can proudly introduce as my equal, my other half.” Yuta answered and somehow Taeyong felt the words familiar and he took a nervous gulp as he eyed the alpha.

 

“It is getting late, I will show you the master bedroom.” Yuta stood and gestured for him to follow but at the mention of bedroom, Taeyong raised his guards up. “This was designed for mating Taeyong but rest assured that I will do nothing to disgrace you, I am not that kind person.” Yuta said then walked towards a corridor. “This refuge has several bedrooms, the master bedroom is for the prince and his mate, the others are for their retainers and guards to serve them during their stay, I will be staying on one.” Yuta informed him and opened a stone door that led to the master bedroom.

 

Taeyong gasped at the beautiful yet simple interior before sitting on the softest bed he had sat on. The fur that covered the bed was soft and smooth while the room was warm courtesy of the hearth at the opposite wall.

 

“When will you have your heat?” Yuta asked and Taeyong looked at him with furrowed brows.

 

“I just had it, it’ll be another 3 months or so. Why?” Taeyong asked back.

 

“In case you got into heat, this lever will temporarily lock the door and you’ll be safe here.” Yuta pointed to the mechanism by the door. “I am an alpha and I am not immune to omegas in heat so be cautious, this is for both of our safety.” Yuta said then pointed to the curtains ‘The view on those windows are amazing but since the storm is raging, it won’t be a pretty sight for now. Anyway, it’s been a long day, rest your majesty. Good night Taeyong.” Yuta said and bowed his head.

 

“Thank you, Yuta, have a good night as well.” Taeyong greeted back and they both tucked themselves to sleep with smiles on their faces.

 

 

----

 

Chittaphon was not feeling well, it has been a day and the storm had been howling like crazy. His body was not cooperating with him at the moment because he felt weak as he tried to get up from bed.

 

“Are you feeling well Chittaphon?” Jeonghan asked as he checked up on the retainer.

 

“I feel sick Jeonghan hyung.” Chittaphon answered truthfully as Jeonghan sat next to him and placed his palm on the younger’s forehead.

 

“You are running a fever, I’ll ask Kun to cook you some porridge.” Jeonghan said but before the older can leave, Chittaphon curled into himself and groaned. ‘Chittaphon?” Jeonghan asked and as he touched the omega, he knew the younger is getting his heat.

 

Jeonghan cursed as he ran outside, asking the maids he passed by to guard the door, explaining briefly what had transpired. The betas nodded and guarded the door, an unmated omega in heat spells trouble.

 

“Hyung, why are you in a hurry?” Doyoung caught the retainer and Jeonghan panted as he blurted our two words, Chittaphon and heat.

 

“Youngho hyung, we need him.” Jaehyun, who was behind Doyoung, cursed then ran to where he last seen Youngho.

 

The alpha guard was sparring with Seungcheol, their morning exercise while the storm was raging. Jaehyun and Jeonghan came running towards them and without explanation, Jaehyun grabbed Youngho and dragged him towards Chittaphon’s room.

 

“He’s in heat.” Wonwoo announced as he stepped out of the room; Doyoung called him as he was the scientific geek out of the two. “He needs his mate.” Wonwoo informed them.

 

“But we’re not mated.” Youngho announced.

 

“You’re old enough to mate, you do know the longer you prolong the mating the intensified the omega’s heat does. When was his last heat?” Wonwoo asked and Johnny thought back.

 

“Last month?” Youngho answered and Wonwoo shook his head.

 

“He needed to be claimed now. He had found his mate and the omega in him is stressed and desperate; if you don’t claim him now, he’ll suffer intense heats until his body can’t take it anymore and well ddie.” Wonwoo said bluntly making Youngho gulp nervously.

 

“If you need permission, I stand for Taeyong hyung and give you my blessings.” Jaehyun said next to him and Youngho nodded.

 

“I get it, let me do it then.” Youngho said and Wonwoo allowed him to enter the room while Seungcheol instructed that the wing be vacated to give the couple their privacy.

----

 

Taeyong woke up feeling well rested and happy. He stretched like a cat and noticed light peaking through the curtains. He walked towards the curtain, bare feet touching soft fur carpet and the hearth still blazing keeping the room warm. He drew the curtain a bit and gasped at the raging blizzard; it was both scary and beautiful at the same time. He had never seen such pure white be a force to reckon with.

 

“Pretty isn’t it?” Taeyong turned to find Yuta smiling at him.

 

“Yes it is.” Taeyong replied returning to the window to find refuge in the swirling white.

 

“But it’s destructive as hell.” Yuta chuckled, walking towards a wardrobe and pulling some clothes and laying on top of the bed. Taeyong eyed the alpha who gestured for the omega to follow him. “ You can take a bath.” Yuta pointed the bathroom. “I’ll wait outside.” Yuta then walked out of the room to prepare some hot cocoa.

 

 

Taeyong stepped out into the kitchen just as Yuta was munching on bread and ham, the alpha asked  the omega to join him and the two shared the food because Yuta will never be able to prepare anything edible beyond basic food.

 

“Would you like to train with me today?” Yuta asked and Taeyong eyed him.

 

“You seemed to be calmer around me.” Taeyong remarked and Yuta nodded.

 

“I am serious when I told you that I want you and your brothers to be comfortable with your stay here.” Yuta said and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Where do we train?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smiled at him and it has been blinding Taeyong for quite sometime now and it spreads warmth in his body that he was afraid will consume him eventually.

 

“Follow me your majesty.” Yuta said and the two walked towards another hall and Yuta opened a door that led to a training room where weapons lined the walls.

 

“This place is really amazing.” Taeyong exclaimed and Yuta felt like he really wanted to impress the omega more, he hadn’t had the urge to do so in a long time; the last he did was when their parents asked them to build a snowman when they were kids and the one with the best one will get to join their father in an annual hunt at the foot of the mountains where it was a lot less cold and trees proliferated.

 

“So, what are you up for? Daggers? Swords? Bows?” Yuta asked and Taeyong mused before he launched an attack at Yuta who was surprised but grinned as he dodged and blocked the fists and heels of the omega. “I Must say, you are stealthy.” Yuta laughed as he blocked a fist to his face, grabbing the omega’s wrist and turning it around Taeyong to lock him in place.  “Impressive but still lacking.” Yuta released him.

 

“I know.” Taeyong sighed defeatedly making Yuta frown.

 

“Why are you frowning Taeyong?” Yuta asked.

 

“I can’t be strong enough or wuick enough. Sometime I just feel like I am just like any other omega, useless.” Taeyong confessed and Yuta’s frown deepened.

 

“You’ve seen the snow outside right?” Yuta asked and Taeyong nodded. “It is pure and cold and peaceful but given the right ammunition, it grows fierce and destructive.” Yuta explained, holding Taeyong’s hand and guiding it to a fist. “I believe omegas are similar beings, tame and pure but when provoked, can be a force of havoc.” Yuta smirked and allowed Taeyong to punch a sack that hanged on the side of the room.

 

Taeyong gasped as the sack got destroyed by the blow and he eyed the alpha who was grinning at him. How did that happen?” Taeyong asked and Yuta smirked.

 

“Figure it out Taeyong.” Yuta said then picked up a sword and threw it at Taeyong. “Entertain me for a while, Please.” Yuta said and he picked up his sword to attack the omega.

 

-----

Taeyong sighed as he watched the snow finally calm down. It wasn’t as fierce as the past two days and it seems to be falling gracefully compared to the violent gusts for the storm. He marveled at its beauty as he thought of the days that had passed and of what he shared with Yuta. At first impression, he thought the prince was like any alpha but the three days that they spent showed him the colors of the prince that he was sure was not intended to be revealed to just anyone. Yuta is something complicated and it really puzzled Taeyong. And Taeyong really was conflicted because he felt security and warmth with Yuta, something that other alphas do not give him, aside from his father, brother and his royal guard.

 

Was he catching feelings? That soon?

 

But deep down he knew why, because Yuta was not just any other alpha who wanted him for his face or his body, He wasn’t even interested in him.

 

 

“Are you ready?” Yuta called out from the door and Taeyong nodded as he stepped away from the window and grabbed the fur coat from the bed. ‘It is still snowing so I guess we still need to be careful.” Yuta said and Taeyong nodded. “I apologize beforehand if I treat you like a fragile doll, your safety is utmost priority.” Yuta said and Taeyong nodded.

 

They made their way back to the door and Yuta pushed the stone wall ajar and ignited the flames before they stepped out into the cold once more. Taeyong felt shivers down his spine as the cold wind blew and instinctively, Yuta lifted the hood from Taeyong’s coat and offered a hand for the omega to take. Taeyong gladly held on to Yuta as the alpha led the way back to the palace. IT was biting cold but when he thought he would be freezing to death, Yuta would hold him close to his body giving Tayeong the warmth that he needed. The trek back was challenging with how the stones were pretty steep and covered in snow, it was a little slippery. But Yuta led with careful steps and they safely reached the palace grounds where the guards were already waiting for them with warm blankets, having been forewarned by Yuta before they left.

 

Taeyong looked for Chittaphon once back in the palace but it was Taeil who handed him Kun’s hot cocoa and Seokmin who ran him a warm bath.

 

“He went in to heat.” Taeil sighed.

 

“He just got off heat a month ago.” Taeyong muttered.

 

“Wonwoo explained that it’s because Ten had found his mate but not being claimed is putting strain on his body.” Taeil explained to the prince who sighed. “Youngho took care of him but we expect a few more days before they settle down.” Taeil informed him and Taeyong nodded.

 

“They should’ve done it already a long time ago, You and Hansol hyung did.” Taeyong pouted before sipping the hot cocoa.

 

“Yeah, but we are not handling the primary omega.” Taeil said and Taeyong felt guilty for Chittaphon’s condition.

 

“Don’t feel sad, it’s not like it can be helped. They themselves decided to postpone mating.” Seokmin said with a bright smile. “Your warm bath is ready, it must have been freezing during your trek back.” Seokmin said and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Prince Yuta did not hurt you right?” Taeil asked as Taeyong stood and handed back the cup to Taeil.

 

“He actually sparred with me, he is not half as bad as I thought he would be. He is different.” Taeyong shrugged and went to take the warm bath.

 

----

 

 

----

 

a/n: I knew some of you were expecting some action inside the refuge because an alpha and an omega stuck in one room for days with no way out tells a story of maybe lust?

 

But I wanted to give Yuta and Taeyong more interaction so nope, the story does not just end with them nutting in the refuge in the middle of a snow storm.

 

Instead, we got another pair mating because I just liked the idea of Johnny and Ten mated