fight for what is important

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: I am not sure if people are still interested in this story but I will still update it because this is like my baby. And finally, we get to have Sehun appear.

 

---

 

Taeyong took a deep breath as he watched Yuta and the rest of the Kusarian delegates boarded their coaches. The group led by Yuta would travel first to Safaia to present themselves to the ruling King Youngwoon and his mate Jungsoo. The Muhanuinian delegates will follow and are expected to arrive a day before the challenge to occur. Yuta smiled at his mate and waved and it made Taeyong relax for a short while, but he knew he’ll never be at ease until Yuta is next to him and deemed his official mate.

 

King Youngwoon and King Jungsoo received the Kusarian well, and had provided them their lodging on the east wing of the castle just as the Geomul tribe had been offered the west wing. Yuta bowed and thanked their host and promptly led his entourage to their designated rooms. The three days they had left prior to the challenge and Yuta took full advantage of it training with the rest of the alphas of his tribe, with Seungcheol leading the training and conditioning. Yuta wasted no time and when the day finally came, he was mentally and physically prepared to face the prince who dared take his mate away.

 

The formalities of the challenge were dictated by a high ranking official from the Safaia, and both tribes concurred by signing the scroll and shaking hands before they stepped inside the arena to face each other in battle. The prize, Taeyong cringed at how he was being termed at the moment, was presented and Taeyogn bowed to the respective alpha suitors that he had and to their respective delegates before sitting down and eyeing Yuta who just smiled at him.

 

“You two looked acquainted well.” Yuta looked at the Geomul prince who was smirking.

 

“Apparently yes.” Yuta replied.

 

“Hmm, we’ll see then.” Sehun said and withdrew his sword, prompting for Yuta to do the same.

 

“Standard challenge rules apply, you both have thirty minutes to make your opponent surrender. We will stop the fight when it we deem the other is in critical state.” Donghee, Safaia representative announced and both alphas nodded. “At the sound of the horn, we will begin.” He announced and then stepped aside just as the horn was blown.

 

Sehun and Yuta gauged each other as they raised their swords and calculated their opponent. Yuta knew too well that he cannot underestimate any of his opponent because it is a fatal flaw anyone could commit. Yuta took a step forward and with practiced grace, he launched a quick attack that Sehun blocked and effectively countered. This started the clash and with every hit, the loud sound of clinking metals echoed inside the arena. Yuta and Sehun were both smiling as they fought, they weren’t playing around and they both are satisfied with how their opponent is fighting with all their might.

 

Yuta learned from his mentors on what to look out for, what to observe from his opponent and how to quickly adapt to any fighting styles. But Sehun is no novice and he too had something up his sleeves when it comes to fighting. So when Sehun attacked Yuta successively, Yuta fell to the ground and almost lost the hold of his sword. Sehun became aggressive but Yuta knew better than to succumb to the disadvantage that he was in.

 

Taeyong bit his lip as he watched Yuta fell down, it is always hard for him to watch Yuta being hurt and he was not allowed to help in anyway. Jaehyun’s hand tightened around his brother’s wrist and Taeyong looked at the younger who just smiled at him, they should have faith in Yuta.

 

 

“Your charge is really something, Minseok-hyung.” The brothers heard someone and they recognize them as Jongin, Prince Sehun’s guard.

 

“Sehun is stubborn.” Minseok, the prince’s retainer replied.

 

“He could have anyone by now but he chose a pretty face who doesn’t want him.” Jongin remarked and Taeyong frowned at that.

 

“How could you say that about Prince Taeyong? Surely Sehun finds something we don’t and with how Prince Yuta is willing to fight with his life, I am sure Prince Taeyong is someone special.” Minseok replied, hitting the royal guard on his head.

 

“Sorry hyung.” Jongin apologized. “but seriously, he could choose any other person to mate with, Prince Yuta seemed determined to have Prince Taeyong as a mate.” Jongin remarked and it made Taeyong beam with pride and love for his mate.

 

 

---

 

Yuta gripped the sword tighter as he recovered his footing and charged at Sehun braced himself and charged at the younger alpha as well. The attacks are being aggressive and both alphas were not backing down. Sehun glared at Yuta and pushed him back, charging with full force and making Yuta’s defense weaken with each blow.

 

 

“I’ll get what I want.” Sehun said through gritted teeth as he continuously attacked Yuta.

 

“Taeyong isn’t an object that you can possess.” Yuta barked back.

 

“As if you didn’t think of him the same way.” Sehun scoffed and for a while, Yuta saw red.

 

Yuta gripped his sword tightly and with gritted teeth, he charged at the alpha. “Don’t you dare think lowly of me.” Yuta shouted and angled his attacks and changed pace like a dance. “I do not regard Taeyong that way and would never think of him as a trophy won.” Yuta grounded himself and then with a swift move, he had swung his sword with so much force, Sehun’s own sword broke in half and the alpha was thrown to the ground. “Taeyong is my mate.” Yuta spouted and with raised sword, he was ready to end the other alpha’s life.

 

“Yuta!” The voice was loud and clear.

 

Yuta scoffed and lowered his sword. “You are lucky my mate is against unnecessary bloodshed.” Yuta said, lowered his sword and took a step back just as they heard gun shots and loud blaring of drums.

 

Yuta did not register what was happening but when he felt familiar arms around him and soft lips on his cheeks, he smiled and relaxed his tensed muscles, he had proven his worth as Taeyong’s mate. Yuta looked at Sehun and the prince had a grim and bitter expression just as his guard and retainer helped him up. Sehun was livid and he pushed the omega retainer away  but luckily, Yuta was near and he caught the omega before he fell.

 

‘Thank you, your majesty. The omega bowed and thanked Yuta.

 

“Are you okay?” Yuta asked and Minseok nodded.

 

“Thank you for sparing my prince’s life. You deserve your mate.” Minseok bowed and soon trotted after his charge.

 

“Something is off.” Yuta mused and Taeyong sighed next to him.

 

“I know, I can feel it too.” Taeyong said in a soft voice. “I’m happy you won Yuta.” Taeyong sighed and Yuta smiled and kissed the omega in front of everyone.

 

“For you, I’ll always win.” Yuta said and smiled so wide as everyone cheered the Kusarian win.

 

King Youngwoon and his consort approached them with King Yunho and Jaejoong and both princes bowed at the monarchs.

 

“By the laws constituted for any challenge, Prince Yuta of Kusari tribe had proven his right as the lawful mate of Prince Taeyong of Muhanui Tribe.” Youngwoon said and handed Yuta the scroll they signed earlier.

 

“you may mark your mate if you both desire.” Jungsoo added and Taeyong looked at Yuta who nodded.

 

“I want you to. It’s an honor to be your mate.” Taeyong answered and Yuta looked at Yunho and Jaejoong who both nodded. Yuta held Taeyong’s hand and kissed both before he let them go and took a step back to allow Taeyong to do what traditions held.

 

Taeyong knelt in front of his parent and asked for their blessings and both held their hands over their eldest son and blessed him before they took both hands and presented them to Yuta. The alpha took the omega’s hand and with his sword, he had sliced the omega’s left palm then quickly sliced his right palm and joined their hands. Taeyong then loosened his robe a little and showed his neck. With Yuta’s left hand, he pulled the omega closer to him and gingerly kissed the juncture of his neck before biting down hard until it drew blood. Taeyong hissed but the pain felt pleasure as they bonded and now officially mates. Yuta kissed the mark before he withdrew and let their hands go, kissing the wound as well before their retainers handed them bandages. The crowd cheered for the mated couple and the two exchange kisses without a care in the world.

 

----

 

The Safaia Palace was bustling in celebration of the mated couple. Yuta and Taeyong will hold another ceremony at Muhanui and Kusari when they return, a proper wedding for the crowned prince and a proper send off for the beloved omega, but tonight they’ll celebrate their mating.

 

Taeyong was glued to Yuta and the alpha did not mind at all, he liked Taeyong next to him. As the festivities progressed, Prince Sehun approached them and shook hands with Yuta, acknowledging the alpha as Taeyong’s rightful mate.

 

“You are impressive.” Sehun praised Yuta who smiled and thanked him.

 

“I was because I have an omega to fight for.” Yuta beamed at Taeyong who blushed.

 

“Ah, they do say an alpha is stronger if he has someone or something to fight for. I do understand that now.” Sehun laughed.

 

“You’ll have one as well.” Yuta assured him. “An omega worth fighting for.” Yuta added and Sehun sighed.

 

“I hope I do.” Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

 

“It maybe closer to home that what you expect.” Taeyong answered and Sehun looked at him with confusion painted on his handsome face.

 

“I would invite you to visit Geomul. We are a feared tribe but we are like any other. Yixing hyung is just intimidating but he’s a softy.” Sehun pointed to the emissary who was holding a frail looking omega. “Luhan hyung got him tied around his finger I tell you.” Sehun remarked and Yuta laughed at that.

 

“Guess I will be like that with Taeyong huh?” Yuta looked at his mate who glared at him.

 

“You two look really cute. Congratulations once again.” Sehun said and went back to his tribe to get wine and food.

 

“At least he’s sport about it.” Yuta said and Taeyong smiled a bit.

 

“I just hope he opens his eyes.” Taeyong sighed and Yuta somehow understood what his omega is pertaining to.

 

 

It was getting late when Yuta and Taeyong decided to retire for the night and Yuta escorted his omega towards his chambers when they noticed a fallen body by the hallway. They walked up to it and gasped when they saw it was Minseok. The omega has a high fever and both knew why. Taeyong immediately called for Chittaphon and the retainer was nearby with Youngho and when they received Taeyong’s instructions, Chittaphon immediately looked for Wonwoo while Youngho looked for Jongin.

 

Yuta carried the omega and walked towards the west wing with Taeyong on his side and worrying for the state of the poor omega. Jongin and youngho met them by the west wing corridor and Jongin gasped as he took the retainer from the prince and walked towards his room. He gently laid the omega down on the bed and went out to call for Yixing, their emissary is also a healer.

 

Wonwoo came with Yixing, apparently the two were having discussion about medicinal herbs when Chittaphon found him and they were hailed together to check on Minseok. Yixing clicked his tongue as they both examined Minseok. They locked eyes and Wonwoo agreed, it was a critical state.

 

“Sauntered heat.” Yixing said and they heard a loud bang courtesy of Prince Sehun punching the mirror by the dresser.

 

“What is happening to Minseok hyung?” The prince asked and Jongin had to hold his prince off as he walked towards the bed, Yuta instinctively placed Taeyong behind him.

 

“We found him passed out on the hallway.” Yuta answered and Yixing looked at his prince and sighed.

 

‘He’s suffering a sauntered heat. His mate had rejected him and it’s been a while because its in its latter stages.” Yixing said and Wonwoo gripped the sheets, an omega should not experience such pain while Chittaphon gasped ad Youngho pulled him closer to his body; he knew the feeling all too well.

 

“Who is his supposed mate.” Sehun was fuming as he grabbed Yixing by the collar. Though Sehun maybe a brat, he had respect and admiration for his retainer; the older omega had taken care of him for as long as he could remember. “Where is he?!?” Sehun shouted but no one could answer: The Kusarians and Muhanuinians were spectators at most while the Geomuls were not aware of Minseok’s condition up until now.

 

“Sehun?” Minseok’s breathy call made everyone look at the half conscious omega.

 

“We’ll leave.” Yuta announced and with that, they left the Geomul tribe to deal with their personal troubles.

 

 

As they were walking back to their own wing, they heard the door open and close and felt Yixing and Jongin walking next to them. “I have to inform the Safaia monarchs, we may need to extend our stay.” Yixing informed them and both Taeyong and Yuta grinned, everything will be okay.

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

a/n: I really want to apologize for the lack luster fight scene because I really don’t know how to write them. I am boring Sehun ad Geomul tribe are not as jerks and I added XiuHun because I am a er for rare ships. No, they will not be expounded but yeah, they are mated that’s all we need to know hahahaha.

 

And this chapter has been written while NCT Dream’s We Go Up playlist is on the loop.