Putting Forth A Crown

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: yes it’s wedding day at Muhanui.

 

 

----  

 

Doyoung was nervous when they reached the entrance to the Muhanui territory. There were guards that greeted them and Youngho greeted his father with a warm smile. The Kusarian monarchs alighted their carriages and boarded open ones for the parade for the town. Yuta and Taeyong boarded the first one, Chittaphon and Jeonghan boarded along with them while Youngho and Seungcheol took their positions as guards in front and back of the carriage. Doyoung and Kun Boarded the second carriage, their retainers and guards following along. The second carriage were designed in ornate flowers and bearing gold and silver, a sign for the people of Muhanui that these are their future monarchs, the alpha and omega will marry their beloved twin princes. Soonyoung and Junhui boarded the last carriage and it was decorated in Kusarian colors to signify the status of the two without overshadowing the others.

 

 

The streets were decorated in festive colors and it amazed Doyoung as they passed through the streets and peoplw were cheering for their arrival. Taeyong had advised DOyougn of the festivities, the Muhanui will go all out for this wedding, their only alpha prince will be mated and crowned on the same day and they are more than happy to share the news to the whole tribe. Despite the warnings, Doyoung still felt overwhelmed with the reception.

 

 

“You’re still guilty?” Kun asked his cousin who nodded once. “I am sure it’s not important to Jaehyun, he got you after that ordeal and that’s what matters.” Kun assured his cousin as they continued to wave and greet the people with eager smiles.

 

 

The palace received them with music and cheers but most importantly, a loving smile from Jaehyun and Sicheng. They alighted the carriages and as protocol dictates, they bowed in courtesy and were led to the main hall were they exchanged pleasantries. They had arrived a few days early to have their robes fitted and Boah was ecstatic to receive the monarchs first thing in the afternoon of their arrival. The robes were unfinished as it was deemed bad luck for the wedding party to fit finished robes before the wedding. Boah had noticed that Doyoung had lost a bit of weight and she clicked her tongue at that.

 

 

“are you nervous dear?” Boah asked and Doyoung nodded. “Relax, Jaehyun is nervous too las time I fitted his robes.” She informed Doyoung and that somehow relaxed him a little bit.

 

 

“Do I look okay Boah-nim?” Doyoung asked and she smiled and nodded with a teary eyes.

 

 

“You look so beautiful, Jaehyun would cry once he sees you.” Boah assured him and Doyoung blushed but smiled at Boah.

 

 

----

 

 

On the eve of the ceremony, Jaehyun and Doyoung shared a meal with their family, a private one, and they were briefed on the proceedings of what will commence the next day. Chittaphon will be assisting Doyoung as the Muhanui customs are not of Seungkwan’s expertise, but the younger omega ould be tagging along to learn as much as he could. After it has been settled, they went back to their rooms and Jaehyun and Doyoung were separated to a point of being guarded like prisoners so they won’t be able to see each other until the ceremony.

 

Doyoung was pacing in his room when Taeyong entered. The older chuckled at how DOyougn was acting but he can relate to the wedding jitters.

 

“Hyung!” Doyoung greeted him and Taeyong opened his arms for the younger.

 

 

‘Nervous?” Taeyong asked and Doyoung nodded. “It’s not really that difficult. Chittaphon will guide you through it.” Taeyong assured him. “It’ll just be difficult to bow wearing those heavy robes though.” Taeyong added and Doyoung sighed.

 

 

“They are really heavy.” Doyoung pouted.

 

 

“Hey, for the record, my wedding robes were heavy too.” Taeyong nudged him and Doyoung agreed, the layers Taeyong had to wear was as heavy as he was.

 

 

“Do you think Jaehyun will back out?” Doyougn asked and it made Taeyong laugh.

 

 

“where will he go? He’s in his own territory and Youngho is guarding him along with Vernon, he’s like a prisoner in his own castle.” Taeyong answered him and it made Doyoung laugh. “Don’t be afraid Doyoung, you are fated for each other, just enjoy this moment okay?” Taeyong said and Doyoung took a deep breath and nodded, Taeyong looked blissful during his own wedding so he’ll just have to trust him. “Sleep well Doyoung, you need to be the prettiest for your mate.” Taeyong kissed his forehead and bid his goodbye.

 

---

 

 

Doyoung was roused early and was led to the waiting room in the temple where he’ll prepare for his mating. He was led into a large bathroom and the attendants made sure that the bath was warm and comfortable. Seungkwan had everybody leave as he assisted Doyoung, who was grateful because the last thing he wanted to feel was insecurity over his body.

 

 

Seungkwan handed him a fluffy robe and led him to his chambers were Boah and Chittaphon were waiting with his robes. Doyoung undressed his robes to fit his undergarments with Seungkwan assisting him. He then turned to Boah who held out the first of many layers of his robes. This one was a plain white and soft, it is meant to signify his purity, which they scoffed at, he wasn’t a anymore but they all knew his purity has been taken by his mate.

 

Once the garment was secured, Seungkwan fitted the Kkosin, or the traditional Muhanui shoes before Chttaphon made him wear the petticoat or the sokchima. He then wore another layer, the Jigeorri and Chima that was designed for the omega was elaborate and it took a whole lot of effort to wear.  And finally, Doyoung donned the Hwarot, a bright red outer jacket with long sleeves with gold ornate design. 

Once they were done, Boah excused herself to attend to Jaehyun and Doyoung thanked her with a low bow.

 

Chittaphon had did his hair, pinning and putting head piece or Jokduri to signify Doyoung’s position, a soon to be crowned prince consort. The head piece had a lot of jewelry and it weighs a ton of weight, but Doyoung understood what it meant, he was feeling the weight of his responsibility as a consort. Seungkwan rolled his eyes, his charged had always been attentive about the details and even on his own ceremony, he’s being an analyst. Chittaphon then fixed the diryeo and durimdeanggi, the stick and bridal ribbon that indicates him as the to be mated. The final touch was the red dots on the omega’s cheeks and Chittaphon made him look at himself in the mirror. Doyoung smiled wide seeing himself, he is going to be mated to his love, and he can’t help but smile at the mere thought of it.

 

 

“Where do we place your feathers Prince Doyoung?” Chittaphon asked and the omega frowned.

 

 

“Just Doyoung please.” He said and Seungkwan fetched the belt and Chittaphon helped him fix it on his waist, the gray feathers striking balance amidst the reds and golds of his garment; Sengkwan felt tears fell as he looked at his charge.

 

 

 

---

 

Jaehyun was pacing when Boah attended to him and the seamstress frowned at the prince. “He’s not going anywhere, wearing the hanbok is taxing.” Boah said and Jaehyun grinned at her. “Seokmin, if you please assist me.” Boah called out and the retainer quickly handed the Jigeouri and Baji to the seamstress. “Now, we don’t want our prince walk out there looking like a pauper, your mate is perfection and so you should be too.” Boah warned and Jaehyun nodded, wearing the garment willingly and happily stood while the two fussed over him.

 

Seokmin helped Boah fit the Hwangpo, a majestic red with ornate gold details that signified his status as the crowned prince. Jaehyun was smiling wide, never really had he enjoyed traditional robes because they are a chore to put on, wear and take off, but today, he is very ecstatic to wear it, the occasion is that momentous to him. As soon as Jaehyun looked presentable, Boah excused herself and let Seokmin finish dressing the prince, putting on the Myeonbook and handing him a screen to hold as they start the procession.

 

 

----

 

 

Dyoung was led to a room and he greeted his twin and his cousins. They were wearing traditional Kusarian robes and Taeyong was proudly wearing the Kusarian colors as Yuta’s mate. He beamed a wide smile as he saw Doyoung all dolled up to be the Muhanuinian bride and he felt emotional and nnostalgic, remembering his own ceremony with Yuta. Though different in the aspect of traditions, t still invoked the same feelings, it’s uniting two hearts and souls into one solid unit.

 

 

Doyoung greeted and bowed at them shallowly but when the old leaders of Kusari entered, Doyoung went on his knees, assisted by Chittaphon and Seungkwan, and bowed low in respect. The old couple embraced their nephew and with a kiss on the forehead, they bid him the best.

 

 

Jaehyun was waiting in his own chamber, with Sicheng as the younger would be tasked to carry the wooden goose for offering. His family soon entered and Jaehyun’s eyes lit up as Yuta and Taeyong greeted them. Although technically a Kusarian by Marriage, Taeyong is still family and Jaehyun appreciated his brother’s support in this. Yuta had felt emotional now, relieving his own wedding and he exchanged bright smiles with Jaehyun, both alphas connecting and understanding how important this is for them in their lives. They stepped aside to allow friends and other close relatives to greet Jaehyun. When Jaejoong and Yunho entered, Jaehyun went on his knees and bowed in respect and gratitude for his parents. They were s proud of their son and with a final pat on the back, the guests settled themselves in their chairs and waited for the ceremony to commence.

 

 

The temple was buzzing with life as the flutes and drums were played, signaling the arrival of the prince. Jaehhyun walked proudly into inside, preceded by Sicheng who was holding the wooden goose. As they stopped in front of the temple door, Youngho called out the arrival of Prince Jaehyun, seeking the hand of Omega Doyoung. Sicheng handed Jaehyun the geese and stepped aside, and the alpha walked towards the ceremonial table and bowed before placing the geese on the table. He bowed once more and the door slid open revealing Doyoung’s aunt and current Kusairan queen, assisted by Taeyong who was tasked to carry out the duty as the older female is weak already. Taeyong stood to carry the small table inside signaling that the Jeonaan-rye was completed.

 

Jaehyun entered the temple and walked down the aisle, smiling seeing the guests to witness their marriage, and stopped in front of the altar, bowing to the temple priest before standing on the priest’s right, back towards the table in the center, with Seokmin and Taeil flanking him. The priest then called out for the omega and both Seungkwan and Chittaphon guided Doyoung, whose face is covered by the sleeves of his hwarot and a cloth that bears the colors of Kusari They made him bow once to the priest and allowed him to stand on the priest’s right, his attendants standing by his side. The priest allowed Jaehyun to turn and their eyes meet, they were so near with only an altar table in between. Jaehyun smiled but the priest raised his eyes brow, it was unprince-like.

 

 

Attendants placed bowls of water in front of them, and Chittaphon joined Seokmin and Taeil to assist Jaehyun in the ceremony. The two attendants held Jaehyun’s hand, palms open while Chittaphon washed and dry them, Chittaphon returning to Doyoung’s side after. Doyoung then faced the bowl in front of him, assisted by Seungkwan and Chittaphon, with Seokmin washing and drying those hands carefully to purify them for the ceremony. Taeil and Seungkwan then rolled the mats then returned to their charges side. Jaehyun stepped into he mat and Doyoung soon followed the step.

 

Then the hard part, Doyoung was made to bow twice, the number representing the Yin energy while Jaaehyun needed to bow once, the number represents the Yang Energy. Jaehyun bowed slightly once as instructed by the priest then Doyoung had the arduous task to bow twice.  Chittaphon and Seungkwan assisted Doyoung as he lowered himself to his knees to bow, the action proved difficult with the weight of his robes. Once he was standing, he lowered to his knees again to bow. The priest was satisfied and ordered Jaehyun to bow in respect. Jaehyun did, proudly lowering to his knees and bowing until his head hand touched his palms that were laid on the mat. Then he stood on his own, a sign of a capable alpha. The priest nodded and asked Doyung to bow twice, the omega followed suit, lowering to his knees to bow shyly, both attendants assisting him with each bow. The priest asked Jaehyun to bow a third time, the alpha gracefully bowing and standing without help. And Doyoung followed with his own bow, two time more to represent his willingness to be Jaehyun’s mate.

 

Jaehyun made a shallow bow and proceeded to sit down, Seokmin and Taeil following soon after. The high table was placed in front of them separated them and Jaehyun was smiling as he eyed his mate through the table’s legs, Doyoung had difficulty sitting but Chittaphon and Seungkwan did their best to assist Doyoung to sit comfortably. Doyoung tried to lower his hands and he smiled as their eyes met, Jaehyun looked so handsome in his wedding robes. The priest instructed Seokmin to prepare the offerings for the ancestors and the retainer took a platter from the altar table and placed it on the alpha’s designated table. He poured wine and lifted it up, then poured it on the floor as an offering. Taeil then picked a food from the platter and with the same movements, offered it to the Muhanui ancestors. Once they were finished, Chittaphon stood to do the same, taking the food from the altar table and pouring wine to offer to the ancestors while Seungkwan copied Taeil and offered food.

 

 

The second cup is poured and Seokmin offered it to Jaehyun. The Alpha smiled as he took it and drank it proudly. Taeil then served him sweets and Jaehyun gladly ate them, eyeing his mate and smiling as he chewed. Doyoung blushed and Chitttaphon smiled at him, it was a normal reaction. Chittaphon poured wine for Doyoung and gently allowed him a sip with Seungkwan feeding him sweets that he shyly chewed. Jaehyun was beaming with happiness and as much as the priest would like the ceremony to be solemn, he would tolerate his prince because this is a happy moment for him, he deserves it that much. The priest then took the dried guard that was split in half; it was a special cup, one that was picked during Jaehyun’s presentation and had been kept for this day. He handed each half to Seokmin and Chittaphon, ad Taeil and Seungkwan both pouring wine for their charges to drink. Seokmin handed the gourd cup to Jaehyun who accepted it with his open palms and returned it to Seokmin Jaehyun smiled at Doyoung and He too smiled back as Seokmin approached him and made him drink the wine; Seokmin returned to his position after. Chittaphon then stood and handed the gourd to Doyoung’s awaiting palms and he noticed that the wine is plenty compared to what Seokmin just handed. Chittaphon just smiled at him as he received it and handed it to Jaehyun to drink. Jaehyun was expecting it, as the alpha, he bear the weight of the relationship, and he must drink a lot more to signify his willingness to provide for his mate. Upon Chittaphon’s return to his position, both attendants handed the gourd back to the priest who raised it up and for everyone to see and hen reunited them, signifying that the two had been bonded.

 

Jaehyun bowed shallowly once more and the priest instructed them to stand. Jaehyun stood first, excited to finally have his mate while Doyoung carefully stood, the two attendants helping him and fixing the cloth in front of him. The priest announced the that the two had been wed and bonded and both bowed to their guests who applauded.

 

“Prince Jaehyun, you may finish the bond.” The priest announced and Jaehyun walked to the center, meetng Doyoung who was blushing. Jaehyun bowed once more and Doyoung returned it.

 

“Can i?” Jaehyun asked and Doyoung nodded shyly.

 

The alpha then carefully revealed his mate’s shoulder and leaned in to leave his mark, teeth aligning perfectly to the scar left before. The guests once again applauded and Jaehyun turned to Sicheng who handed him their rings. They exchanged rings in front of everyone and Jaehyun finally leaned in to kiss his mate and seal their fate. A thunderous applause welcomed them and finally Jaehyun had rightfully and lawfully claimed his mate.

 

They walked down the aisle and guest showered them with rice grains and flower petals, and they were both smiling happily as they savored the moment. They were then led towards a chamber and Doyoung was put out of his misery as his hwarot and jukkuri were removed. The silver belt remained on his waist but with a few layers removed from him, he can walk better. Jaehyun waited for him to change and when he was done, they walked back down the aisle hand in hand.

 

 

The altar was cleared leaving two cushions and the priest welcomed them once more. Jaejoong and Yunho stood next to the priest and when both Doyoung and Jaehyun reached them, they bowed before they were allowed to kneel down into the cushions.

 

 

“As traditions and protocols of Muhanui dictates, the marriage of an alpha prince in line to the throne signifies his eligibility to be recognized. Therefore, today, we will witness the coronation of a new monarch, a legal heir to the throne of Muhanui.” The priest declares.

 

 

“I, King Yunho, presents my son Jaehyun, alpha prince of Muhanui and his mate, Omega Doyoung, to be the legal heirs of the throne. May God bestow upon them the same blessings he did to me and my ancestors.” Yunho announced and both Jaehyun and Doyoung bowed low in respect.”

 

 

Sicheng and Kun then walked towards the altar, bearing crowns made of gold and precious metals. Doyoung gasped as he looked at them, such a masterpiece Nickhun had crafted. The priest then blessed the crowns before placing them on Jaehyun and Doyoung, both then bowed to show their respect.

 

 

“People of Muhanui, I present to you your crowned prince and prince consort, his royal highnesses Jaehyun and Doyoung.” The priest announced and everyone cheered and applauded.

 

 

Jaehyun smiled wide and in the heat of the moment, he pulled Doyoung into a deep and passionate kiss, he finally got his other half.

 

                            

 

a/n: Like in Yutae’s wedding I did my research and tried to be true to what the Korean traditional wedding is, including the clothes. If you find it redundant, I can’t really help it if they had to boy a lot of times because in Asian culture, bowing is a high form of respect and weddings most especially traditional one is deeply connected to respecting ancestors, culture and each other.

 

 

There will be inaccuracies in my story telling but I do hope you feel the love in the wedding created. It may look a bit boring on some parts, and I will have to apologize for that.

 

Like Yutae’s wedding, yes there will be a rated chapter because everyone needs their honeymoon. And we will meet some familiar faces in the reception.

 

happy peppero day!