Confirmations and Blessings

An Omega Worth Fighting For

a/n: Thank you for the support that you’re giving this fanfiction. Here’s an update

 

 

Yuta and Taeyong entered the palace and the Kusarian monarchs were all smiling while the Muhanuinians were still clueless. But when Yuta kneeled in front of his father with Taeyong kneeling beside Yuta, they all knew what will happen next.

 

“The artic wolf Shiro had chosen my mate, Omega Prince Taeyong of Muhanui. I, Yuta, Alpha Prince of Kusari requests your blessing and acknowledgement.” Yuta spoke and bowed his head, Taeyong mirroring the alpha.

 

“Prince Taeyong, are you agreeing on your free will?” Yuta’s father asked and Taeyong nodded and answered confidently. “I acknowledge Prince Taeyong as my son’s mate however, you are bound by the rules of challenge and you must prove you are Prince Taeyong’s mate in the eyes of witnesses.”  The old man spoke and Yuta nodded.

 

“I intend to fight for Prince Taeyong.” Yuta firmly answered and his father gestured for them to stand.

 

“I have no objections.” He smiled and opened his arm to embrace his son. “Do well my son.” He said and Yuta nodded.

 

---

 

The palace was calm which was a curious thing considering how their alpha heir just found their mate; shouldn’t it be a cause for celebration?

 

“Why are you all so calm?” Chittaphon asked Jeonghan who chuckled.

 

“We have prepared for this day to come, and when Shiro was brought in, it was only a matter of time before Yuta acted on it.” Jeonghan shrugged as they brought Taeyong a change of clothes for the dinner.

 

They found Taeyong smiling as he held the fang gingerly in his hand and caressing it as he gazed out into the snow-capped mountains. The two retainers looked at the prince fondly before calling for his attention.

 

“Oh, have you checked Yuta’s ankle?” Taeyong asked and Jeonghan nodded.

 

“Wonwoo’s attending to him.” Jeonghan informed him and handed him new robes and coat.  “Please change into them for dinner.” Jeonghan informed him and Taeyong nodded.

 

“Jeonghan, if you don’t mind me asking, do you have something like this?” Taeyong showed the fang and the retainer shook his head.

 

“The artic wolf only appears in front of alphas of the ruling family’s bloodline; Yuta, Kun, Junhui and Soonyoung are the ones who are expected to have their artic wolves counterpart. Yuta’s wolf is named Shiro, her coat is as pure as snow. The others are yet to appear but in due time we’ll witness them as well. Doyoung is an omega so he’ll receive a feather from an eagle.” Jeonghan explained. “I did get this pendant from Seungcheol’s first hunt.” Jeonghan showed the pendant.  “When an alpha goes on their first hunt, they keep something from their first kill and turn it into a gift for their future mate.” Jeonghan added and Taeyong was at awe at the craftsmanship.

 

“Your tradition is quite interesting.” Taeyong mused.

 

“You’ll be part of it soon enough.” Jeonghan said with a knowing smile then turned to Chittaphon. “and you too as well. I am sure Yuta would really want to keep both you and Youngho here.” Jeonghan informed the youngest and Chittaphon gladly smiled and nodded.

 

---

 

 Yuta was wincing as Wonwoo checked his foot. It wasn’t all serious and he could heal in a few days but the omega was frowning at his prince because it was still dumb to challenge and alpha into a fight when he could just declare that Taeyong was his lawful mate.

 

“Where’s the fun in that?” Yuta answered and it was Doyoung who threw a pillow at his cousin.

 

“Fun? You almost got killed out there and you dare challenge a fit alpha?” Doyoung hissed.

 

“Calm down Doyoung, Yuta hyung can handle it.” Junhui said with a coy smile. “As if you don’t know how Yuta hyung works.” Junhui said and both brothers grinned at each other.

 

“So we’ll be leaving in two days time.” Kun informed them. “Are you fit to travel hyung? Kun asked and Yuta nodded with a smile.

 

“Normally you would detest travelling.” Soonyoung remarked.

 

“that was before, look at him now.” Junhui snorted and Yuta glared at him.

 

“What do I look like now?” Yuta dared to ask.

 

“Lovesick.’ Wonwoo deadpanned and everyone laughed at Yuta’s expense.

 

 

---

 

 

Sicheng immediately hugged his brother when he entered the elder’s room and Taeyong was beaming him a happy smile.

 

“I am so happy for you hyung!” Sicheng remarked and Taeyong nodded and thanked him. “Can I look at it?” Sicheng asked and Taeyong handed him the wolf’s fang. Sicheng was at awe at how the white fang as simple yet bear a lot of weight in claiming Taeyong as Yuta’s omega. “Will I get one from Kung e?” Sicheng asked and Taeyong held the brother close and kissed his temple.

 

“If he is your destined alpha, then yes, you will.” Taeyong answered and SIcheng smiled and nodded.

 

“I’ll hold on to that.” Sicheng smiled and pulled away from his brother to avoid creasing his robes. “We’ll be returning in two days, I miss appa and papa.” Sicheng said and Taeyong sighed.

 

 

“I do too. And it maybe my last visit as a prince of Muhanui.” Taeyong said and then turned to Jaehyun who was just watching his omega brothers from the side. “Jaehyun-ah,” Taeyong called for his brother and the alpha walked and wrapped both arms around his brothers. “Will you be okay without hyung by your side?” Taeyong asked, kissing his brother’s temple as well.

 

 

“I’ll find my mate soon hyung, you don’t need to worry about me.” Jaehyun said and smiled at his brother. “Please make Yuta hyung happy.” He said and Taeyong nodded.

 

“I will.” Taeyong smiled and the three enjoyed their little hug, comforting each other for soon they will be parting ways.

 

 

---

 

The dinner was a loud affair and both Yuta and Taeyong were the center of unwanted attention. The two sported blushing cheeks and shy smiles that fed fuel to the teasing especially that of Junhui and Soonyoung.

 

“I’ll stay here Yuta hyung.” Kun suddenly said and Sicheng immediately protested.

 

“No, You’re coming ge!” Sicheng whined.

 

‘but no one will stay here to watch over the palace.” Kun argued.

 

“But..” Sicheng spoke but Taeil placed a warning hand on his charge’s shoulder.

 

“Kun.” His father called and Kun looked the older alpha.

 

“Yes father?” Kun asked and the old man smiled at his middle child.

 

“You can go with your brothers.” He said and before Kun was able to protest, his father reasoned out. “I am old but not unfit. I am still king of this tribe, and I can protect my people.” He argued and Kun sighed and nodded.

 

“I understand.” Kun replied.

 

Upon hearing the older alpha, Sicheng immediately run to him and embraced him tightly, making the older laugh at the cuteness of the omega. “thank you! Thank you!” Sicheng bowed then returned to his seat, eating happily as he smiled at Kun who was trying to control his grin.

 

“That was borderline cringe worthy.” Yuta whispered to Taeyong who laughed but nodded.

 

“Sicheng is usually cute, but this is excessive.” Taeyong agreed.

 

After dinner, they all retired to their rooms except for Doyoung who opted to grab a book to read while he waited for sleep to kick in. As he settled on his seat and turned the page of his book, he couldn’t help but recall their encounter during the hunt.

 

---

 

Jaehyun wasn’t half as bad as Doyoung would have thought the alpha would be. Jaehyun had sense of direction, calm and calculative; qualities of a good alpha leader if you ask Doyoung. The alpha is pretty much attuned with his surroundings and his eyes were keen and observant. “Vernon, two o’clock.” Jaehyun promptly instructed his guard and the said guard positioned himself and with Jaehyun’s signal, the guard shot an arrow. They heard a large whine and Joshua immediately took out his axe and positioned himself in front of Doyoung.

 

The wild boar that Vernon shot ran towards them, large fangs tilted and ready to attack them as the animal rushed to his attackers. Jaehyun quickly drew his sword and fended of the boar. It was like watching a matador fight and Doyoung would never admit it outloud but he found the alpha’s grace overwhelming and impressive.

 

With a final blow of the alpha’s sword, Jaehyun had slain the boar and took out it’s fangs as his trophy.

 

---

 

Doyoung sighed, he was indeed impressed with how Jaehyun handled the hunt but was he an alpha he could trust with his life?  He was not sure.

 

“Can’t sleep?” A voice broke Doyoung’s musing and he frowned as Jaehyun’s face came into view.

 

“What if I can’t?” Doyoung asked back.

 

 “I just figured you would want someone to talk to.” Jaehyun shrugged and sat across Doyoung.

 

“I don’t.” Doyoung’s answer was curt and it made Jaehyun sigh but he made no sign of moving away.

 

Doyoung took a peek at what the alpha was doing and was surprised when he saw Jaehyun writing on a scroll what seemed to be official Muhanui documents. He raised a brow and gasped when he realized what they were, it was Jaehyun’s formal letter to take the role of the crowned prince. Jaehyun raised his head as he heard Doyoung gasp and he smiled a little then returned to writing down whatever practiced paragraph he had been taught as soon as he presented as an alpha.

 

As requirement to be fulfilled as the bylaws of Muhanui, I, Jaehyun Alpha prince, would find a mate before the crowning to commence.

 

Jaehyun sighed as he signed the document and allowed the ink to dry before rolling the scroll and affixing a red ribbon. He then lit a candle and melted a blood red wax, allowing it to drip on the ribbon and parchment. Once the wax pooling was sufficient, he took out the ring on his finger and stamped the seal.

 

“Have a good evening Doyoung hyung.” Jaehyun beamed a sad smile and walked out leaving the omega wondering and pondering why Jaehyun had written such letter in front of him.

 

 

---

 

They bid their goodbyes and Taeyong had asked Yuta if he could visit Shiro one last time. The alpha nodded and led him to the temple where Shiro was still as beautiful as she first appeared, as if death hadn’t taken over the wolf. Taeyong went down on his knee before he kissed the wolf’s snout, promising to return to her as Yuta’s official omega. Yuta led them back and they were both smiling as they braced themselves for the travel.

 

It took a few days but once the Muhanui borer came into view, they were all excited and beaming. Youngho had already informed the palace of their return and so as they crossed the border, they were welcomed by guards ready to lead them to the palace in a safe procession. They entered the inner city by nightfall and in stealth, no one knew they were coming aside from the palace.

 

Sicheng had immediately ran inside the palace, grabbing Kun by his wrist while Taeil sighed and waited for Jungwoo and Yukhei to alight their carriage before they walked inside; Hansol just fallowed his mate with a grin.

 

Jaehyun had stepped into his prince role and led the rest of the Kusarian monarchs inside and had informed Wonwoo of the vast library he could explore, and the omega sported a face splitting smile. Jihoon was also informed of various musical instruments while Soonyoung had been promised an audience with their great dancers while Junhui had been promised a spar with the best archers they have. And then he faced Doyoung with a hopeful smile.

 

“You can find the copy of the sequel in the library. I will ask Seokmin to assist you in finding them and any literature you may want to find.” He then turned to the others. ‘I am sorry, I can’t be of a better host, I will mostly be busy with my duties.” He bowed and everyone except Doyoung assured him that they will be fine. Jaehyun thanked them and led them towards the great hall where his parents are waiting for them.

 

Yuta was nervous, of course he was, this is the first time he’ll set foot on Muhanui and right off the bat, he’ll be taking their precious omega away. Taeyong chuckled as held the alpha’s hand and led him inside, he did not understand why the strong and brave prince Yuta is afraid of facing his parents, but he figured aren’t all alphas who have true intentions behave the same way? He smiled knowing how pure his alpha was and that made him swoon and maybe love Yuta more; if he hadn’t love him before he sure is falling into that category now.

 

 

Yuta nervously bowed and his jaws dropped at the five persons in front of him; and he wondered if he wasn’t seeing gods because they truly look like one. In the middle was Alpha King Yunho, and the alpha looked intimidating. To his left is his omega king consort Jaejoong whose beauty mirrored that of his first born. To Yunho’s right is his advisor and brother Changmin, an intellectual whose wisdom go beyond his years, and next to Changmin is Yoochun, the alpha guard and first knight whose life is vowed to protect the king. And finally, to Jaejoong’s left is Junsu, Yoochun’s mate and the consort’s retainer.

 

“Appa, I want you to meet Prince Yuta of Kusari.” Taeyong introduced the prince who bowed at the five in respect.

 

 

Yunho was already informed by Youngho’s letter but the confirmation seeing Taeyong’s earring being worn by Yuta made him grin a little bit.

 

“Prince Yuta?” Yunho called out and the prince gulped and nervously looked at the older alpha by the eye.

 

“Yes your majesty?” Yuta’s voice wavered a little which made Jaejoong chuckle.

 

“Are we scaring you my dear prince?” Jaejoong asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“You are all good looking your majesties, am I even worthy to stand before you?” Yuta asked and blushed as the five laughed at how adorable he was.

 

 

“You have too keep him, he’s cute.” Changmin remarked and Yuta flushed even more.

 

“We look too intimidating, poor kid.” Junsu said then walked towards Yuta and smiled at him. “We’re not really this scary I promise.” Junsu assured Yuta who then nodded. Junsu then welcomed his son who embraced him tightly and Yuta blinked at how Youngho was enveloped by warm embrace from both Yoochun and Junsu.

 

“He’s the son of the first knight?” Yuta blinked and Taeyong nodded with a smile.

 

“He doesn’t act all mighty but powerful alpha blood runs through him.” Taeyong said proudly and Yuta smiled back even wider seeing Junsu wrap Ten in warm embrace after learning that two have mated.

 

“You have a wonderful healing smile my child.” Jaejoong remarked and Yuta smiled shyly. “You really have to keep him Taeyong.” Jaejoong laughed softly.

 

“Of course I will keep him.” Taeyong pouted at his father and Yuta can really tell that the two are splitting images of each other.

 

“I was informed that you challenged Prince Sehun for Taeyong.” Yunho got Yuta’s attention and the younger nodded. “are you up for the challenge young man?” Yunho asked and Yuta nodded affirmatively.

 

 

“I don’t do things half heartedly your majesty. I will fight for my mate.” Yuta answered and Yunho smiled at him.

 

‘I have no objections then. We will assist you the best we could and we will provide you and your brothers the same comfort and protection that you have bestowed upon our sons.” Yunho assured him. “But now, let’s relax and enjoy dinner, I can’t have a grumpy Sicheng whine at me for taking too long. He was ecstatic to show off your younger brother.” Yunho said and Yuta laughed a little.

 

“Prince Sicheng had really taken a liking towards Kun.” Yuta said and Yunho gestured Yuta to follow him. Yuta then turned to Taeyong and offered a hand to which the omega gladly and urgently grabbed it with a wide smile. “oh, let me introduce my entourage, My guard Seungcheol and his mate and my retainer Jeonghan.” Yuta said and the two bowed at the kings who smiled at them kindly.

 

“Junsu and Yoochun will brief you with our protocols.” Jaejoong said as he approached his mate and they led the two princes and Changmin towards the dining hall while both Seungcheol and Jeonghan waited for Junsu’s and Yoochun’s instructions.

 

“Relax, it’s not really that strict here.” Youngho patted Seungcheol’s shoulder and the younger of the two released a sigh.

 

‘You sure are happy to back.” Seungcheol remarked.


“Well I am really happy, finally I could introduce Chittaphon as my mate.” Youngho said with a smile and Seungcheol nodded in agreement.

 

“Gentlemen, let’s relax tonight, your duties will start tomorrow.” Yoochun said as he led the group towards the dining hall.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I had to add in a little bit of fanboy Yuta hahahah